llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: falling empires  (Read 3536 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
falling empires
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »
  "So it comes to this?" Thunder said looking at Bloodbath. "Sadly yes you didn't think i'd loan that money without eventully coming back for it one day would you not to mention the money your "freinds" in the capital have offered to pay me oh so handsomely to collect." Bloodbath said shifting in his armor Thunder didn't know if if it was just because Bloodbath hadn't worn it in years or that the armor could sense that Bloodbath wasn't ment to wear it that it was so uncomfterble for him. Bloodbath was probably the most corrupt and selfish Knight of Greed ever and the fact that he wore armor that was made for someone who was supposed to protect the innocent was an insult.
    Not that thunder was force of good himself. Thunder had spent the last years of his life as a bounty hunter/smugler/bodygurad for nobles and crime bosses alike along the way blowing his cash on whores, ale, and gambling making a debt of 250000 from countless crime bosses, banks, and his former freind Michael "bloodbath" Hallows. The good thing was that with the empire falling apart from civil war, and hordes of orks, goblins and other barbarian tribes coming through the eastern frontier had kept them all busy. and the few debt collectors who had come after him had been delt with by thunders axe.
   For awhile Thunder thought that one of the  Hordes would kill him along with the rest of The Knights Of Greed who had been called to the front but Bloodbath just had a few new scares on his face which with his light red skin and cold jade green eyes made him look scarey as the devil himself.
   Now he faced a debt that could bankrupt a kingdom. "What am i going to do then! look at me i'm 6 "4" look dirty as hell, i'm covered in scares and carry an axe! What job could i get?" Thunder said loudly enough to bring some of the taverns attention to him. "Do what you always do! Get some thugs and kill s@#t. ...Now before i'm late for an IMPORTANT meeting i have to go. I'll be in touch when i think you have some of my cash." Bloodbath said as he got up and began to walk away "and remember" he began to say as he turned giving him a look on his scar filled face and in his jade green eyes that scared even thunder.  "The next time i'm here i'm either going to walk away with my gold or your head!" he said and walked out of the tavern.
   For a mintue Thunder did nothing but sit in fear then got up on a table in the center of the tavern and looked at the people from every race from halflings to elves and shouted "Anyone who wants to make a name for themselves along with a bit of cash doing it come to my table but i warn you the work aint pretty." and sat back down waiting for anyone who could help him out of this mess.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:40:12 PM by brutus_bullworth »
How great my cause u ask? Why i fight for the greatest cause of all...coin and clevage.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Re: falling empires
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
Shay sat cradling his ale in his hand's, his head lowered as he thought about where his next job would come from. He was desperatly running out of money and if he didn't find something to do soon he would starve or worse. There wern't really very many jobs around when it came to assassination's or killing and that's what Shay did best. He raised his head slightly as he heard the shout from behind him
"Anyone who wants to make a name for themselves along with a bit of cash doing it come to my table but i warn you the work aint pretty."

Shay turnt his body round to look at the man. "This could be intresting" thought Shay as he stood up leaving his drink on the table.

Shay was 6" 2 slim and very muscled, his bright blue eyes seemed odd on his olive face, his short black hair sat messily on his head. He had a long scar down his right cheek from under his right eye down to the corner of his mouth.
He wore a long black travelling cloak, underneath this he wore a short-sleeved top, you could see the chain-mail on his arms, he wore a pair of black trousers and heavy duty boots.
He carried a large broad-sword on his left hand side in a ornate scabbard. Underneath his cloak there were an assortment of dagger's with different length's, size's and decoration.

Shay walked slowly over to the man's table,
"Money you say!" His voice was deep and had a sharp bite to it.
"I'd be more than happy to help as long as i get to kill some people" He added with a grim smile, which pulled the scar tight and made his face look slightly disfigured. He grabbed a chair and sat down rearanging his sword so that he could sit comfortably.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:28:30 PM »
"well i'm glad to see such a good attitude." Thunder said with a laugh. "well i have many connections through out the empire. Most are with the smuggling rings, the theives guilds, the halfling cartels, and the bounty hunters none of which like each other. Personaly i don't care who we work for so it's your pick boy." Thunder said with a slity condesending tone.
How great my cause u ask? Why i fight for the greatest cause of all...coin and clevage.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:12:29 PM »
"Who can pay more?" asked Shay with a grin, he lifted his arm and beckoned to the barman
"Ale please" he asked as he reached for the pouch in his cloak he poured out a couple of coins, he had just enough to pay for the drink. He chuckled half-heartedly as he scratched his head,
"Yeah lot's of money" He grinned again as the barman hurried away to get the drink. Shay leant back in the chair and placed his hand's behind his head,
"So what are we doing then? and why do you need help your quite a big man?" he said looking the Thunder up and down.
"By the way my name's Shay! and may I ask yours?"

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »
"The name's Thunder and it's good to meet you lad." Thunder said leaning back. "If you're looking for money i suggest we take on jobs from the Halfling trade cartels as to what we're doing well frankly we kill, sabotage, and steal for profit. Normally i'd do this by myself but with the hordes beginging to break through the front people have taken to getting better security because the Knights Of Greed are no longer here to enforce the law. Worse is that people are often relying more on betrayal then trust due to the breaking power  structures and small scale wars so i doubt i'll be able to make a profit alone in these conditions. Now if you'd like to end this interview and start making cash i suggest you follow me to the trade offices." Thunder said walking away from the table and leaving the tavern as Shay gulped down his drink and ran after him.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
"Sound's like a good job to have!" Shay said as he walked swiftly next to his companion,
"So who was that bloke who was talking to you back in the bar?" Shay's eyes drifted over to Thunder,
"He didn't look like a bloke to be messed with! You owe him money or something?" Shay pulled his travelling cloak about him abit more to keep the cold away.

Offline brutus_bullworth

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 03:24:03 PM »
"His name is Michael Hallows better known as Bloodbath. I'm surprised you haven't herd of him."  Thunder said making his way threw the crowded streets. "He's a knight of Greed who i worked with a few years back when i was on the front. He's corrupt mind you as are most of the knights and Imperial officals here. As for my business with him well lets just say i hold some debt on my shoulders and leave it at that." he said leading shay into a large building in the market district walking through the buildings lobby to a seemliy empty desk. " Belson i belive we have busines to disscus this is my new associate Shay. Shay this is Belson owner of burrow inc." Thunder said to the desk. "Thunder so good to see you again and nice to meet you Shay." said a voice from the desk. Shay looked down to see a 3 "3" Halfling sitting in the chair. "Belson we know of the trying times have caused many a woe for your business along with my coffers do you have any ways to remedy our situations?" Thunder asked. "As a matter of fact i do have a little situwations that could be solved with your methods. You see i'm trying to set up a trade fleet at port Dracas to trade with the lostlind islands but the Dockers gangs have been pressing me for more protection money then i have to offer. I feel you could "persuade" are dear freinds at port Dracas to make sure my trade fleets safe and sound." Belso said going through his draws. "They'll be taken care of by the weeks end Belson you have my word." Thunder said and left the room. "oh and thunder" Belso called across the room. "here" Belson threw Thunder a large sack of cash and said. "half your pay now half when your done i'll give you a bonus if you send a message to the other gangs about what happens when someone locks horns with burrow inc." Thunder nodded and left with shay close behind him.