llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Homebrew PC Class Help  (Read 2361 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline wolfmanb

• Nomad
    • Awards
Homebrew PC Class Help
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »
Hello, I want to make a custom PC Class, and was just wondering if someone could link to any walkthroughs or offer any Advice. If it makes a difference it's a physical class akin to the monk.
Thanks for the help.

Edit: Where would I post A pc class? I've checked the site and can't find an area.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:34:40 AM by wolfmanb »

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Homebrew PC Class Help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
Hello wolfmanb! Welcome to Strolens!

Now that said, I'm afraid that building game-system specific mechanics is not the focus of this site.  If you were to write up your group as submission with historical background, culture, etc, we would be happy to help and comment.  If you are looking for how to, say, determine the base attack, special abilities, limitations, etc, then there are other sites much better suited for that purpose.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »
I would very seriously consider reading the Citadel Explained page before you do much more posting here, just so you get familiar with the site. However, it is very much worth mentioning right here: we are a non-system specific site. Everything we post is in a prose format, with no statistics listed. A number of us, including our most prolific posters, dislike D&D and the D20 system in general. I'm not intending to scare you off, just giving you a warning: we focus more on actual content than on blocks of numbers.

That said, I would suggest you take a look at the Wizard's forums. They've got one specifically for designing character classes. You'll find it here. However, if you want plots, locations, NPCs, and yes, even items, you'll find thousands of them right here at the Citadel. Take'em, use'em, then come back and tell us how it went.

Don't let what I've said scare you off. We'd love to see what you've come up with as a GM! We just discourage system-specific information and numbers. They tend to cause problems in 'translation' from one system to another. It's easier to use something in a generic format.

I hope to see you around the Citadel!

Edit: Looks like val got here before me. Ah well, no harm done.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline wolfmanb

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the links!  :D  And the advice. I'll post up a description of the class soon.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
I do like D20. I play Modern, Mutants and Masterminds, and want to play a couple of D20 variations (WoT comes to mind). I don't mind DnD. I do dislike the reflexive fantasy (as many sites have taken to calling it recently) it has spawned, "psuedo-medieval, para-European, Tolkien inspired fantasies" that have continuity and systems issues.  Now run a fantasy D20 without all that, and I am there. And do I like other game systems (and settings) better? Yes. But I will play just about anything.

However, Posting up a group that sponsors (and trains) a specific class, now that would be great. The Order of the Oaks - The Woodsmen on the Citadel side, are just plain old DnD rangers with something that explains them.  Something that explains and expands your group's members.. that would be great.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »
mmm, an interesting idea, but i wouldn't be sure were to put ot.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2