llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1995 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline kooglesnack

• Nomad
    • Awards
Hello
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »
Hi!
I don't normaly join online forums but the information here is amazing. There are some very imaginative gamers here! I hope to talk with everyone in the Citadel eventualy and maybe post some of my own ideas once i feel up to it.

I may also ask advice:p. I have gamed for a long time, first D&D and some rifts though now i prefer GURPS. I have DMd many times but always with little preperation because i had no time to prepare a lot. Now, strangely, i have a lot of time and no one to game with for the next 7 months. As such i am preparing a campaighn world that i hope to be able to use for several years and for several campaighns (I am assuming when 7 months passes i won't have a lot of time left for preparing:p)

Anyways,
Hi All!!!

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »
Hurrah, another gameless roleplayer. Welcome to the land of the dejected DM and gameless player. Funny how that theme continues. That is why I built the site. A couple moves, different area, too hard to reacclimate into the gamer community in different places. I needed a creative vent and found it here, hope you find something to pass your time till your next game as well!

The developing of game worlds is where version 3.0 of the site is headed...if we ever get there. Hobbies sure don't get the time they really deserve, I can tell you that. Hope we can help you out with some of your ideas.

And kooglesnack, yeah, that is just a fantastic name!!! Doing a google search of it you have already made strolens 1 of 3 in that listing. That is sure to be a keyword traffic driver!! I love it!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline kooglesnack

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:14:38 AM »
Well, it may all be a blessing in disguise. I think i can use all of this time to refine and improve my DMing, this sight has really inspired me with all of the creative ideas and good suggestions on how to DM better. I used to despise DMing but about a year ago i started playing GURPS and found my love of DMing growing.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, kooglesnack!

I look forward to seeing your campaign unfold. You've come to the right place, :up:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:43:28 PM »
Aye, welcome.  Have you some Baba Ghanoush.

They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
AYE CARAMBA! OYE!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »
I just have to say, you have a name full of awesome.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 03:03:08 AM »
That has got to be the least appetizing baba ganoush I have ever seen.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
Always a pleasure to serve.   :D
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »
BOOO GURPs, don't support Kevin Siembida's evil empire!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist