llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Server Stability - or lack thereof  (Read 830 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Server Stability - or lack thereof
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:11:32 PM »
Actually, that should probably read "Strolen Stability"

Where is ephemeralstability when you need him? :)

Anywho, I have been messing quite extremely with the server and its settings. I am quickly finding the things that I probably should not touch in the process and continue to get a little deeper into the server and starting to understand it a little more.

Please have some patience with me. I am doing it because the previous, unoptimized settings were hitting their limit and they either needed to be updated to match the traffic we are getting or I would have to spend more money on a bigger server. For obvious reasons I opted on getting my hands dirty and sacrificing some stability for the chance of finding a new sweet spot that we could ride awhile longer.

It may continue for a bit longer but my understanding of the tweaked settings and their relation to performance are starting to become a little clearer. Problem is that I need the server to crash or 48 hours of up time in order to get some good stats to analyze. Bigger problem is that we haven't made it 48 hours yet. :(

We will get there, I promise. If I have to upgrade the server then I will, no worries. I just want to utilize all other options before I do that.

Thanks for your understanding!

-Strolen

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.