llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dark side of the Moon  (Read 3215 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
Dark side of the Moon
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:09:55 AM »
Centuries ago, the world knew balance, the elements existing together in relative harmony. As fate had it though, things weren't to stay this way. Of the six great houses, Light and Darkness were the most powerful. Theirs were the oldest families, the most primal of elements, and each one held power over all aspects of life. But the righteous Light mistrusted the mysterious Dark, and in time that mistrust turned to fear and jealousy. The Light, with it's towering cities, and advancing technology could not fathom the seclusion and mystical powers of the Dark, and so called the denizens of this element evil.
With the support of the house of Fire, the Golden Army of Light marched across Darkness's border and waged war against the unsuspecting land.
The Demon Lord of Senka, ruler of Darkness was defeated, and his family were murdered.
All except one. The youngest son was sent into the Land of the Light to learn the true path. Only afters years, when he had forgotten his past and had been married to a princess of Light, was he sent back into Senka to spread the word of Light.
Three hundred years have passed since then, and a shadow is once more beginning to creep over the land...

Gentle white light embraced the land momentarily before the moon was hidden once again behind the scudding grey clouds which were so common to this area. Selene gazed after it sadly, but it didn't reappear again. And nor was it likely to this night; the scent of rain was upon the air and the wind off the coast was beginning to pick up, blowing her inky hair around her shoulders and making her shiver under the thin white material of her dress. She turned away from the cliffs and made for home. The slick, moss coated rocks, were slippery, but after eighteen years she knew every nook and cove of this mountainous shore, and her bare feet tread the familiar path through the treacherous terrain.
The Senka Palace was a grande structure made from solid yellow stone, imported (she'd been told) from the Land of Light itself; but it looked out of place in such an untamed land. Its organised towers and grounds were laughable in contrast to the thick, dark forests that surrounded Senka on one side, and the forboding cliffs and wild sea on the other.
Multi coloured tents and makeshift cabins had been erected in the courtyard a few days previously in anticipation of the coming fair, and it was through these that Selene dodged, making for the bridge to the castle when she tripped on something and fell to the ground. The offending item was a crate, low to the ground, and thin, but nearly as long as she was in length.
"What the...?" She cursed, but went silent again as she heard footsteps approaching. If she was caught by one of the guards she was in for trouble. Her twin brother, the current Lord of Senka had forbid her to go out at night alone.
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Re: Dark side of the Moon
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 01:01:26 PM »
Demi panted leaning slightly against one of the tents clutching a parcel tightly under her arm. It had become so difficult to get food recently what with the fair on its way. She shook her head her short blonde hair blowing in the wind. Demi turnt quickly as she heard a voice not far away "crap" she whispered to herself shoving the parcel more under her arm she turnt quickly and began jogging not exceptionally fast but fast enough to get away from anyone who was approaching near, she rounded the corner and then went flying onto her face the package flying away from her "Crap" she swore but louder this time "what the hell was that?" Demi stood up brushed herself down and at first didnt notice the woman who was also there. When demi finally sensed her precense she froze her eyes moving slightly to look at the woman who was in a dress with bare feet. Demi grinned slightly and decided maybe it was time to move, She looked around located the parcel and ran to it picking it up from the floor she lifted her foot just about to make a run for it.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »
Selene's eyes flashed indignantly seeing the girl grin. And so brazenly go about her business right in front of her! With a deft flick of her wrist, she summoned the forbidden powers that came so naturally to her. Tendrils of white light spun up around the fleeing girl, twisting around her limbs and effectively holding her still. Selene picked herself up from the ground and took her deliberate time brushing herself down; after all, the girl couldn't go anywhere entrapped as she was.
Walking around the other side of the girl, she noticed that she was close to her own age, give or take a few years either way.
"Who are you", she asked cooly, " and before you answer, you should know that I don't like liars. Answer wisely." The last words held a definate threat to them. And it was well placed. Magic spawned from the darkness, and though it was forbidden, and no longer practiced, Selene intended to change that - starting with herself.
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
Demi smirked cooly "Me! well the names Demi!" Demi looked down at the white rope-like things which now bound her in place, "What are these things and could you get'em off of me please. You could of asked me to stop you know! would of been politer" She said the last bit almost to herself as her eyes wondered around the floor looking for the parcel she had once again dropped.

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »
"Demi, hmm? Well I could have asked, but would you have stopped?" Selene eyed the dropped parcel, then gazed back at the girl speculatively. But she loosened the magic's hold on the girl, forming a sort of cage around her.
"Don't try and run again. If you do, this magic," the word sounded dangerous on her lips, "will probably kill you." In truth, she wasn't sure if it would or not as before now she'd never used it in the presence of another, let alone against them.
"I am Selene. Lady of the moon, and this kingdom. Tell me, where were you going with that", and she indicated the parcel, "and why?"
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 03:28:41 PM »
"uh" demi closed her eyes, grinned and scratched her head "Well i was going to take it home with me so that i can cook it" She opened her eyes slowly but the grin did not fade "kill me huh!" she looked around at the bars of the cage and sat down stretching out, she fitted neatly inside the cage her hair only just missing the white bars. "Its alright i aint going to run from you, even if i tried i probably wouldnt get too far" Demi closed one eye and looked at selene with the other, It was good she could have a rest anyway, Demi yawned lazily "Lady of the moon hey! sounds fancy" she reached into the black cloak she was wearing and pulled out a small golden dagger which she twirled in her hand throwing it into the air and catching it again with ease "Can't say ive got a fancy title like that!" Demi laughed "so what you doing out here at this time of the night surely you should be tucked up in bed!"

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »
Selene eyed the golden dagger warily, debating whether or not to let Demi go, and weighing up the chances that she'd try the blade on her.
"Was it yours to take though?" She asked, slowly releasing the barrier. She'd decided that should the girl try anything, she would kill her before the dagger so much as left her hand.
"so what you doing out here at this time of the night surely you should be tucked up in bed!"
Selene had the grace to look bashful at having been caught out, but was not willing to admit anything so easily. "You don't look any older than me, yet you are out, are you not? Why should I be any less capable than you?" Her dark eyes bore into Demi's; a hint of a challenge within.
Life in the Palace was dull, even poor Azrael was leashed by politics these days, and Selene longed for adventure.
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:01:37 PM »
Demi watched as the barrier whithdrew itself, she countinued to play with the small dagger without taking her eyes off selene, "well" Demi hesitated and thought about what to say before putting it to bluntly "Well no not really, not really mine i was just.." Demi stuck her toungue out as she thought for a word to use "borrowing it" she said finally relaxing even more, she held herself up with her hands which she had spread evenly apart behind her. "never said you were less capable, but your pretty much royalty and all royals should be in bed by now not strolling around bare footed" Demi pointed at selenes feet, Even though Demi couldn't speak much she had old plimsoles on with large holes in the toes she might as well not be wearing any "well if were done talking i'm off im hungry" she grabbed up the package and got to her feet "nice meeting you and all" Demi turned away and began walking slowly away from the tents towards the forest.

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 06:32:50 PM »
Selene watched, speechless, as Demi walked away from her. She'd been the one claiming to be her equal, if not more - yet here she was worrying about geting back to the palace before getting caught by the guard, while that girl was stealing, and going where she pleased without answering to anyone.
Selene had to laugh; for all her dreams of bringing the Darkness back into itself, apart from secretly using magic and constructing petty plots again the priests of Light, she hadn't relly done anything.
Before she knew what she was doing, Selene was running after the girl. "Wait", she called, "i'm not done with you yet!"
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:47:07 PM »
Demi stopped and span on her heels "what can i do for you?" she asked with a grin, The package now tucked tightly under her arm in fear of dropping it again.

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 06:56:56 PM »
Now that she had the attention of the girl, Selene wasn't quite sure what to say. She'd ran after her on impluse, but now had to think of a plausible excuse. "I-I'm going to make sure you don't steal anything else, so i'm coming with you."
Her dress was flimsy, her feet were bare, and she had no clue what she was doing - but Selene wasn't going to turn back now.
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »
Demi looked slightly puzzled at this, She scratched her head as she thought "Well, not sure about that won't they be looking for you?" Demi pointed towards the palace "they aint going to like it if you just run off with me! and even if you do come with me you can't wear stuff like that you will stick out like a sore thumb" Demi looked selene up and down "But i suppose if your sure we better be off it will be morning soon and we have to get through the forest before day-break" Demi smiled again.

Offline Eliliah

• Creature of the Night
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »
Selene paused. It was true - if she just vanished it would cause an uproar. They would assume she'd been kidnapped and would probably seal the borders - trapping the travelers from the fair inside, and the guard would be deployed straight away. Innocents would be questioned, suspects would be dragged to the prison. And she doubted Azrael would would sit back passively. Whether it was due to their relationship as twins or some other factor, the two had an extrememly close relationship, and were highly possessive of each others company.
But then, she knew that if she went back nothing would ever get done. It was like this was the chance she was waiting for, the sign she had been asking for on the coast earlier that night.
"All the more reason for us to move then", Selene waved her hand dissmissively, "and I will wear what I please. If anyone has a problem they can bring it to me."
She walked on then, wishing for a horse to save her feet. Just outside of the forest she turned back to the palace, "Good bye, Azrael. I will be back with you soon," she whispered.
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 05:32:10 PM »
Demi shrugged and followed closely behind "Alright then if ya' say so!" As selene stopped Demi took over and enetered the dark forest. Sticking her head out from behind a tree she called "Come on then before next year" Demi giggled and pulled back behind the tree.