llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tin Man  (Read 1580 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Tin Man
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:47:40 PM »
So, yes, new miniseries on the Sci Fi Channel.  For reasons I still do not understand, somehow while the Sci Fi original movies pretty much suck uniformly, the original miniseries rock.  This is no exception.  It's heavily inspired by The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  It's kind of dark and twisted, and I love it.  The thing to keep in mind is that it's not meant to be a straight telling of The Wizard of Oz; while you can identify character parallels, it's not quite the same.  Good fantasy, and it's fun to try and find the parallels and the references.  You should watch it, if you can catch all three parts.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: Tin Man
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
Having watched all three, I can honestly say, it is well worth watching.  If you have only seen the movie (shame on you fantasy gamer), then you will see some interesting elements. If you have read the books (there are like 23, I only read the first five), you will see an entire expanded vista. 

This is one of the best Re-Imaginations of a movie/ series since Battlestar Galactica.

Now who wants to game in the Outer Zone?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: Tin Man
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:29 PM »
That would be an interesting game.

I've only read the first book myself, but it's been a long time.  It's still awesome.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko