llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help with module formatting  (Read 984 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline warwizard

• Nomad
    • Awards
Help with module formatting
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:45:58 PM »
Hello!
From reading your posts this seems to be a website that will be a favorite!
My name is Rex and I have been doing quite a lot of writing for my own campaigns. I presently have three modules done in both d20 and 2nd edition A.D. & D. The former are for profit and the latter are for free download.
I have mine done in rtf and need someone to convert them to pdf. The free modules are just that. The d20s will give you a percentage that we will agree upon for each sale.
I hope I can find my way around so that I can upload some works for the community to use and critique!

warwizard
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:11:52 PM by manfred »

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: Help with module formatting
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Sign up for Google Docs - that allows easy conversion to PDF, or even use OpenOffice.  It's free and works well.

As for 'The d20s will give you a percentage that we will agree upon for each sale.', am a little confused? Are you offering a cut to whoever helps you with your module?

This site is good for having non-system specific writing commented upon.  Uploading docs is not a feature I am aware of this site having! (Strolen?)

Perhaps the best approach would be to work up some subs derivative from your module material and post them for comment.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline warwizard

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:04:23 PM »
Hello,
On my d20/OGL versions, I am offering a cut for certain services. I am also looking for a place to post my modules that are in the 2e format, for free download.
Where is the best area to post excerpts for people here to review?

Rex

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »
You know, we have been pondering, and pondering, and pondering...

...and we could do it for some more time, oh yes we could! :)

Things is, we don't have an unspecific upload area for varied files, since they are hard to access, edit, and comment upon - but we do have several places for people to post their ideas, more or less developed. To repeat val's comment, this site is good for having non-system specific writing commented upon.

You can go into the main site to post singular submissions, or create bigger compositions out of several of them. You can also try it here in Sagely Advice. As said, we are not big into uploading files, but it is possible to do so in the forums. (We are still pondering and debating on making an area for it.)

Note: you still weren't quite precise about the kind of help you require - is it assistance with writing, or editing/formatting? (Btw, were valadaar's tips about GoogleDocs and OpenOffice useful to you?)
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 09:17:26 PM »
I would love to showcase your writings but I also need to remain true to the nature. Specifically 2E modules with all the stats included is just not something that matches what we are doing with the site and I don't think I would be willing to make an exception. If it meets the size limitations of the forum (which I don't remember offhand) then you are more than welcome to attach them to a thread there.

As far as the main site goes, if you wanted to share you ideas then I would ask that they conform to our generic nature and be submitted in their proper category. THat would be awesome if you took the time to do that for a few of your adventures, but I also understand that they are probably in the perfect format for what they are and changing that would be some work on your side. If your excerpts can live without the specific stats then the main site would be great for them I am sure.

I really hate saying no to 2E specific stuff because I always welcome new content, but we have stayed consistant with the site's vision since we started it and I don't feel comfortable making exceptions to that.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.