llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Michael Moore about Norway  (Read 1323 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Michael Moore about Norway
« on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »

Hahahahahehehehhehehhihhiiihahaahha.....cough.... ahahahhehehhe.

You gotta see what Moore's version of norway is like.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: Michael Moore about Norway
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »
Gawd, I can't listen to it anymore.  All that happy music and blatant propaganda makes me sick.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:21:15 AM »
Propaganda is everywhere, P. We just choose which propaganda we want to believe in and stick with it.

On another note: It was rather sugar sweet and slanted.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:28:24 AM »
I'ts a fundamentally unfair comparison. There are more people in greater London than in the whole of Norway, and the natural resources vs. people ratio is far higher than any other place on the planet, especially with the high percentage of oil money. (The US strategy to get *their* oil is significantly different, and is a whole other topic. (Which I will not get into, although I would love to.) )

<pretty irrelevant, but to comment on what the newsreader are saying as the video begins>
Having lived in both France and the UK, However (and used both public healthcare systems), I can tell you that the French system seems to works better on healthcare than the UK one (in term of quality of care, rather than access. Access in France and England is approximately similar ( but not for dentistry. (whole new topic there!) ) ), And from what I know (and not from Micheal Moore), Both are significantly fairer than the US one.

The French system overall fails drastically in other areas (such as unemployment and benefits (in fact, from personal experience, I can attest that some people would earn more on benefits in France than by working a full time job (An that is NOT a good thing) )  There are also some concerns over the privatization of education and healthcare in th UK (well, England and Wales) (Indeed, some of the things that have happened in the UK education sector (specifically: city academies sponsored by church trust) would have caused actual riots in France (if they were even constitutional) ) ), but the healthcare seems to be better that in the US, in term of both quality and access.
<end of irrelevance>

<Aside: No, contrary to what the numbers of brackets/braces I used might suggest, I have never touched LISP />
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:57:00 AM by dark_dragon »
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick