llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: From Citadel to Gaming Table  (Read 1108 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
From Citadel to Gaming Table
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »
Hello Gamers! I think this may be a good idea for a thread (Though it can maybe use a snappier title  :P)

Many of us leave countless comments in countless submissions, sometimes paying what many Citadelians call, the single greatest compliment one can receive on a submission by one's peers. Drumroll....

*I will SOOOO use this idea in my next/current campaign!*

We often discuss in main or flash chats how we indeed used these ideas in our games. Why not have one repository for all of these thoughts? I believe AG is a proponent of this exercise, if memory serves me. And I'm sure others will get on board as well.

A while back I used the Lightning-Struck Tower (Wulfhere), Bamboo Rats (Captain Penguin), and Court of One Thousand and Nine Sorrows (Ria Hawk) in a table-top fantasy game I GM'ed. My players loved it! It was a truly memorable adventure/session. Of course, i twisted said submissions to suit my own game and tastes, but hey, that is the whole point here, isn't it? And that is just ONE example of the many times, I "stole" someone's idea here, and incorporated it into my home-brew campaign.

From now on, when I use a idea from a fellow Citadelian in a table-top game, I will share my experiences with said submisison, here in this thread. I hope you all do too!

see you soon. :up:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:53:10 AM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: From Citadel to Gaming Table
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:45:24 AM »
Splendid!

- I used Murometz "One Eyed, Red Eyed Crow" when the character of one of my players, a Shaman PC, fumbled his speak with ravens roll. The fumble magnitude roll was immense (close to 100 on D100) and I was hard pressed. Luckily Muro came riding in his shining armour and saved the day!

- I used fragments of Iain's "Regression" in a scenario.

- I used lots and lots of Shadoweagle spawned ideas in my sessions. Don't remember or care to dig out which at the moment. (Shadoweagle is pure genius)

- I used MoonHunter's "Boo!" articles many times. Though I know the content by heart and from other sources too, I use it as a easy access "ABC to horror" while building scenarios.

- I use Scras' and manfred's "Encounters" scrolls every so often

- I use CP stuff in my campaign legends, and to fuel my imagination.

I have used more. This is what I could pull from the top of my head.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »
I have used most of the ideas in the Garage Sale from Hell Codex. Admittedly most of them have been used before they were posted, but I ran a Stalking the Night Fantastic Game at the last convention I attended, and used a bunch of them again. :)

I need a regular game group before I could pilfer more ideas from here.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:02:37 AM »
I just realized I forgot to mention that Arth has all been used, for about 9 years of gaming.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:56:16 PM »
I plan on using Manfred's The Box That Cannot Be Opened in my next game session.  My players will hate me for it.
Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic Strolenite®©