llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Strolen Linked Subs how to Q  (Read 810 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline epsilon

• Apprentice
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Strolen Linked Subs how to Q
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:42:28 PM »
HI all
Was typing away at the keys when it came to me what I wanted was to add and then refer to a previous submission of mine.
Im just not sure on the best procedure for interlinking subs n stories n such.

example.
I bring your attention to my vissewort http://www.strolen.com/content.php?node=4217 submission.
In my latest 'sub to be' Id like to refer to a sub species of the wort. Is it worth a sub itself? its not worth voting on. There is not much to add to the current description really. It could alternately be a simple addition to the vissewort sub. But then later on there maybe a sub species that would substantiate a solo sub. So whatever precedence I set now should be the correct one.

Being fairly new to it all I havent as yet seen a similar type of 'string of linked subs' that have some very short almost inconsequential subs linked. Can someone point me to some? So I can get an idea of how it all goes together. Get a feel for 'at what point is it not worth a sub'.

cheers epsilon
The runes they're ruined Ive ruined the runes.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: Strolen Linked Subs how to Q
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:27:38 AM »
Your options are as followed.

1) Make the primary sub a locked scroll that only you can add to and put the subspecies/type right there as a scroll entry.

2) Create a Stub of the subspecies and then add a link to the stub on the primary piece.

3) Make a second sub linked back to the primary and having a lot of the same text (not elegant, but will work)

4) Simply add more to the bottom of the existing sub.

Either of the 4 options will deal with your issue. There is no Right Answer. It is a matter of personal organization and asthetics. (My preferences are listed in the numerical order). The only consideration point is are you going to add more related subs and how you want to organize those.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline epsilon

• Apprentice
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: Strolen Linked Subs how to Q
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 01:26:02 AM »
ahh a scroll that might do it for me..
of course in writing the sub sub, its gotten longer :) suddenly thought of things that would make it cool to have around.

Stub also sounds good.. not sure I have ventured into that area as yet Ill take a look

cheers

naahhh just found this again,
http://www.strolen.com/level.php#t1
Ill give it another read through and learn something Im sure :)
http://www.strolen.com/content.php?node=4397
useful too
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:59:22 AM by epsilon »
The runes they're ruined Ive ruined the runes.