llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leviathan  (Read 25912 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
Re: Leviathan
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007, 09:04:50 AM »
Gerald finally quit muttering the prayer to his god. He knew he shouldn't have done it, but with the odds stacked against them like that, how could he have known. He had often gotten mixed feelings after using such prayers, some of deep contempt for hiding such a useful skill, other overjoyed he finally decided to show them he was not just a knight, but a Paladin of such high rank that his god magically helps him whenever he even thinks he might need it.

He approached him companions, stuck his blade into the ground, and collapsed into a sittin position. Peter looked as if he had gone to see the butcher, on the wrong end of the cleaver, and the girl looked exausted. Gerald could heal the wounds, he thought, but his magic was very limited in use each day, and it was almost exausted for now. That quick battle had drained nearly all of his stored energy, and he had barely even used it.

Hopefully, his companions whouldn't mind him hiding his skills untill he thought they needed them. Hopefully...
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
Peter smiled at Jessica.  "It's all right.  Don't put yourself into danger on my account."  He pulled his talisman out from under his shirt again.  The flaw hadn't shrunk as much as he'd hoped it would; just by about a third.  He wasn't as close as he'd previously thought.  He frowned for a moment, lost in thought.  Then he shook himself a little.  "No one can do anything permanent to me as things stand, but I wouldn't want you to get hurt."  He leaned back a little, wincing a little. 

As Gerald approached, Peter raised a hand in an attempt at a salute.  "Your timing in that battle was wonderful, Sir Paladin.  It would have been a much uglier fight without your god's magic."  He thought for a moment.  "Whichever god it is."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »
Jessica blinked and looked at peter. The dragon now curled up in her lap and eyeing peter cautiously before standing up and rubbing itself against his leg, Jessica smiled "Sly's not usually so kind to strangers. Must like you" she said slowly watching as Gerald came closer "Thank you Gerald, I must say it was because of you that it all ended well." Jessica got to her feet and took a deep bow, her hair covering her face slightly. "unfortunatly it's not over there will be more and plenty more battles awaiting us but for now we should find somewhere to rest." She looked down at peter at this moment "are you able to walk?"
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2008, 01:08:30 AM »
Peter thought about it for a moment, then nodded.  "Yes, I think so."  He slowly got up, resisting the urge to swear at the pain.  It wouldn't help, and would just hurt his ribs.  Plus, there was a lady present.  "Shall we go," he asked, gasping slightly.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 11:34:38 AM »
Jessica looked at Peter worry filling her eye's, She didn't want to heal him with magic again it would probably just leave him in more discomfort than he already was in. She searched quickly through her bag for the vial of potion that she had kept stored away for emergencys! "Fast regrowth" she said to herself pulling the small diamond shaped bottle out of her bag, The liquid was clear and seemed to gently sparkle "Here" she said handing the bottle to Peter "There's not alot left but enough to heal you i think!" Jessica closed her eyes quickly then reopened them.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 06:34:41 AM »
Peter accepted the bottle and swallowed the contents.  It helped, some.  At least it closed the wound in his back, healed a few cracked ribs, and did something about some of the other, minor injuries he'd taken.  He simply had too many wounds for the potion to handle all of them, but it had healed the worst of them.  The rest was just an annoyance.  "Thank you, my lady," he said, still embarrased about his earlier behavior.  "I hope you weren't injured as well; I don't want to have used up your only potion if you needed it more."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 07:01:41 AM »
"No no it's fine i'm unhurt" jessica said smiling "shall we find somewhere to rest then" She said looking deeply into Peters eyes. As she walked away from the other two she pulled her right sleeve up and looked at the large burn which seemed to be growing up her arm from where she had used the sword with the demon at the bar. It looked like a large black blue and purple bruise which just seemed to grow and grow and grow. Jessica pulled her sleeve down and turned round to the others "Well come on then" She called with a large smile on her face.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2008, 08:09:04 AM »
Peter nodded, and started following her.  He hadn't missed her examining her arm, although he hadn't seen what she was looking at.  If she wanted to keep secrets, it was up to her; gods knew he had enough.  "Well, I'm not sure that anywhere we rest will be safe for very long.  I think we've gotten your warlock's attention.  But we can probably take some time."

A soft, feminine laugh reached the group.  A woman was standing near the edge of the clearing, smiling at them.  She was small, with dark brown hair and a pretty face.  She was wearing a simple, dark green dress.  "I have never seen so few people send so many demons running," she said quietly.  "I owe you a boon for that; my grove is warded against their master's sight, but with so many running around here, they would have found it."

Peter twitched visibly.  "What do you want?" he snapped.  He should have known she couldn't keep out of anything.

She held her hands up.  "I'm merely offering you a safe place to rest for the night, in return for keeping those fools from stumbling upon my grove.  That's all.  You will find safe places much fewer and farer between in your coming journey."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
Jessica jumped and stared at the woman who had appeared out of nowhere "You know her?" she asked Peter as he twitched by the side of her Jessica looked the woman up and down taking in all the detail. She had instantly grabbed the hilt of the sword out of shock, you could never be to sure, but now she relinquished her firm hold and brought her hand up to her face pushing her hair out of her eyes. Her sharp eyes watched the woman carefully keeping in mind there were many spys in the world of late, Wether they be woking for the Warlock or someone else, it didn't matter to her, spys were spys and none of them could be trusted. As Jessica countinued to look at the woman her mind became more and more at ease that she wasn't a spy, but it appeared Peter did not like her either way. Sly had poked his head out of Jessicas pocket where he had situated himself while getting ready to move, he hissed angrily looking at the woman before Jessica silenced him by pushing his head back into her pocket.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »
Peter visibly made himself calm down.  No good would come of starting a fight with her now, and if he made a fuss, she was likely to decide he was interesting.  "That's the sorceress Desiree," he growled.  Then in a lower voice, he muttered, "She hates warlocks, so I doubt very much that she's working for your friend, and as long as we leave in the morning, she probably won't cause us too much trouble.  All the same, don't trust her as far as you can throw her."

Desiree laughed quietly again.  "Either you've forgotten, or you simply don't care, Sir Peter.  I can hear every word you're saying, so you might as well stop trying to be quiet."  When the little dragon hissed at her, she smiled.  "My my my my.  I didn't realize there were any of you left.  I'm afraid you don't like me either, little one."  She shrugged elegantly.  "I mean you no harm.  If you decide that you do not wish to accept my hospitality, I will leave you with best wishes for the future and return to my grove."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »
Jessica looked at Peter "It would give us a safe place for the night and we do need are rest!" she said slowly thinking things over in her head. She wasn't sure but she knew she was tired and only being able to sleep for an hour or so wasn't going to cut it. Jessica smoothed her hair down as she countinued to think, she took into account the words peter had said "All the same, don't trust her as far as you can throw her." Jessica looked at Desiree for a moment before turning to Peter "I think we should except if just for the night and then countinue when the sun comes up!" Jessica leant lazily against a tree behind her and yawned. "It would be good to get some sleep!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
Peter shrugged, watching Desiree warily.  "As long as we leave at first light."  He didn't want to be here, he didn't want to spend any more time around the sorceress than necessary, and he certainly didn't want to have to talk to her.

The sorceress shook her head at him.  "I suppose you're never going to like me.  Ah well."  She smiled at Jessica as she started walking into the woods.  "If you're coming, you must stay close to me until we reach the grove.  I've warded it, and if you lose me, you'll never find it."  She laughed.  "I know better than to ask Sir Peter to stay close to me, but he can handle himself, and he's been here before so he won't have a problem spotting the place."

Peter raised an eyebrow.  It was true, he had been here before, but it had been so long since then that he'd forgotten it was in this area.  Just as well, he probably would have avoided the region entirely if he'd remembered.  It couldn't be helped, and the girl was right, it would be good to get some undisturbed sleep.  He didn't like or trust Desiree, but he respected her enough to admit that her wards would prove useful.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 02:57:10 AM »
Jessica nodded and followed Desiree into the woods keeping close to her heels, She watched around her as she walked keeping her piercing glare on the trees around them just incase anything decided to jump out at them! She looked warily over her shoulder to see if peter was following to, She wondered why Peter didn't like Desiree but didnt dare ask.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 03:42:27 AM »
They walked through the forest for several minutes.  Desiree was followed closely by Jessica, with Peter sulking some distance away.  Nothing had appeared to menace them as they walked.  They were silent for some time, or at least until Peter had fallen a good twenty feet behind the two women.  Then, without turning, Desiree murmured something to Jessica in a quiet voice, too low for the demon-slayer to hear it.  "You must not rely on Sir Peter too much, girl.  He will never betray you, but once he gets what he is after, he might leave you.  He is very close to getting what he wants, and it would be a great pity if you should suffer for his carelessness, princess.  He is very good at slaying demons, and would likely be willing to teach you some of his skills if you should ask.  Just be aware that the day might come when he isn't there."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2008, 05:46:57 AM »
Jessica stared at the back of Desiree's head "but how does she know?" she thought to herself as Desiree called her princess, she hadnt told anyone and she didn't know this woman. She shrugged it off and listened carefully "I feared that, but as long as i get to where im heading without to much complication then he is free to leave" Jessica took a sidewards glance at Peter as he fell further and further behind then turnt to face the way they were going again "So how do you know Peter? If you don't mind me asking!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »
Desiree laughed softly when Jessica asked how she knew Peter.  She replied in an amused tone.  "Sir Peter saved my life once.  Unfortunately, soon after, there was a... a misunderstanding, and he's never forgiven me for it.  Usually, he avoids me.  He is a good man all the same, if occasionally a fool.  It is not my place to say more."  There was an undefinable change in the surrounding atmosphere, and Desiree smiled as she and Jessica stepped into a large clearing surrounded by enormous trees.  A small spring bubbled up next to a tiny cabin.  All in all, it was quite pretty.  "My grove," Desiree murmured.  "Make yourselves comfortable."

Peter looked around the clearing warily.  He was still annoyed at being here, but he'd decided he'd make the best of it.  He grunted at Desiree's comment, then sat down on a rock and started doing some small maintainences on his sword.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »
Jessica looked around the clearing it surely was pretty she couldnt deny that. She walked over to the spring and sat next to it placing her hand in the cold water which seemed to bubble harmlessly around her fingers, her hair falling in front of her face as she looked into the image of herself in the water, her blue eyes staring back at her. It seemed so peacefull here unlike the rest of the forest. A gust of wind blew through the groove making her hair whip around her face as she looked up and towards the trees where they had entered.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2008, 10:00:03 PM »
((OOC: Yeah, I just realized I got nothing.  If you want to have a conversation neither char will mind talking (as long as you don't expect them to talk to *each other*), but I guess otherwise... we can fast forward and leave?  Sorry. ^^;;))

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
OOC: We might as well skip to leaving cause i can't think of anything to do while we are here it's not like theres anything important that needs to be done.  :D

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2008, 01:18:40 AM »
The night passed uneventfully, and they got several hours of unbroken sleep.  Peter rather suspected that Desiree might have something to do with that, since he didn't sleep all that soundly.  But if she did, it was harmless as spells went, and if she didn't say anything, he wasn't going to either.  That was as far as his appreciativeness went. 

In the morning, they left Desiree's grove to continue on their way.  Peter pointedly ignored the knowing and to his mind, smug look, she gave him as she bid them farewell.  I'm not going to play your games sorceress.  Not this time.  Hint and nudge all you like, but I won't take the bait.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 06:29:00 AM »
Jessica turnt and bid farewell to Desiree before turning and walking once more into the forest, they still had a long way to go and infact they hadn't gotten far at all, they had left the town just yesterday and had maybe moved half a mile away, they still had to get through the other side of the forest and back onto the road which would lead them round to a lake which they would have to follow for a couple of days before being lead back into another forest. The trip had always been a long one and a tricky one as well. Jessica looked briefly over at Peter before turning her attention back to the path they were walking along, the sun was still quite low in the sky giving it a slight red hue to it as it cast its long rays over the world.