llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leviathan  (Read 27932 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: Leviathan
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 12:50:48 AM »
Peter followed Jessica, leading Archer and thinking.  How many did this one make?  He'd lost count a long time ago, but he had to be close.  He pulled a small pendant out from under his shirt and looked at it.  It was mostly clay, a teardrop shape with a smooth stone set in the middle.  The stone was bluish, except for a small pink flaw running through the middle.  He ran his thumb over the stone absently.  Not many more.  He dropped it back into his shirt.

His mind back on matters at hand, he turned to study his new companions.  They could prove interesting.  This Gerald probably would be good in a fight; Peter wasn't at all interested in human opponents, so the fewer he needed to fight, the better.  He was just along for the demons.  The girl, Jessica, if there was a warlock really after her, she'd prove to be a useful shortcut.  When a demon slayer was doing the slaying for more or less mercenary reasons, bait was quite useful. 

And if he was in a group, maybe Desiree would keep away from him.  Always a plus.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »
Gerald listened to  Jessica's reply and thought about the up coming combat. He had never actually battled with demons, and he knew very little about the things. He was glad he had helped the territory to the south though, because in all good reasoning, demons were not of the mortal realm, and his greatsword's magical properties would prove most useful.

He realized that within a few days, his formallity would drop with his new companions. He would get comfortable talking with them, and hopefully they wouldn't notice his speech was for show only. His last group had realized it quick, and he had taking quite a liking to them. He frowned as he thought of that great battle in the wizard's tower, the third floor. The third floor had decimated the party, no one had known the bastard had vampires under his controll as well. Gerald's greatsword was the only weapon having any effect of the things, being as it had silver smelted into the steel for unknown reasons.

Gerald hoped he would get to like these two, and also hoped he didn't lose any more companions.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 02:47:03 PM »
jessica frowned as she came closer and closer to the stables. there was a loud bang as if a bomb had just been dropped the ground shook and jessica tried to keep her feet from falling from underneath her. "what the hell was that" she asked staring in front of her, it had sounded like it had come from the direction of the stables which stood just in front of them. as jessica started to run forwards there were voices floating through the air calling for water. Jessica came to a halt at a tree which had fallen and that was on fire and on the otherside of that people were running backwards and forwards from a well with water. sat in the middle of the chaos was a small what looked like a lizzard with wings. it was only 2 feet high and a couple of inchs long. Jessica smiled and ran forward grabbing the creature and throwing it into the air where it hovered and keened happily.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Peter raised an eyebrow at the small lizard.  He thought all the dragon-kin were extinct, the last one killed by some fool hero years ago.  He didn't really care one way or another, but it was interesting.  As long as the critter didn't set him on fire, Peter could care less what it did.  He came up next to Jessica.  "Pet, friend, or familiar?" he asked conversationally.  Then he sighed, and looked around.  Desiree was following him, he could feel it.  As long as she kept herself to herself, he'd be able to ignore her.  It would save him the trouble of hunting her down later, come to think of it.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 11:55:07 PM »
Gerald was shocked at the small reptile. The tree was in flames, and yet Jessica seemed to be playing with the small beast. "Do I even want to know exactly what that is, or whats going on?" Gerald said tensely with his right hand on the handle of his large sword. He had never really cared for animals, and his reputation with the rangers and druids of the world was less than friendly. But if this was a surviving dragon, even the animal lovers wouldn't complain if Gerald was forced to kill it.

But still, he didn't feel that it was all hostile for some reason.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 12:02:38 AM »
"Friend" beamed jessica as she smiled down on the whelpling which was now curling itself on top of her shoe. She looked up at peter and Gerald "theres no need for that" she said pointing at Gerald's weapon "he won't harm you, i found Sly a couple of years ago on my travels a large egg hidden in a dark cave, surprising how something so small could come out of an egg that size" jessica scratched her head thoughtfully "but he's been with me every since, ive kept him safe in return he has done the same for me. Hes the only one they haven't managed to take from me" her voice dropped at this last part and she looked down at Sly with wide eyes. So many friends she had lost and he had stayed by her side no matter what. She shook herself and looked up a weak smile now pulling at the corners of her mouth "shall we go?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 12:37:28 AM »
"Let's."  Peter smiled at Jessica.  He had the distinct feeling that associating with her could be good for him.  If a warlock was interested in her, he'd send more demons, and more demons was exactly what Peter wanted to find.  If he didn't find enough before they reached Myria, maybe the girl would let him hang around a little while longer.  If not, then at least she could point him at the warlock. 

That old priest in Salos, the one who'd gone all funny in the end, what was his name?  It seemed that he'd said dragons were good luck, or something like that.  Peter had lived far too long to not recognize an omen when he saw it; he deeply hoped the little dragonling was a good one.  For the first time in gods knew how many years, Peter felt hopeful.  The end was in sight, he was almost done with Desiree and her d**ned curse and everything else.  It put him in a good mood.  "I've never met anyone who traveled with a dragonling before.  You must be quite a special girl," he said in a friendly way. 

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
Gerald released his grip on his sword. He wasn't fond of the idea of the dragonling, but it wasn't his choice. His love for adventure forced him to risk his life, and if travelling with a baby dragon brought him veteran enemies and extreme battles, then he would put up with it.

Gerald just prayed the dragonling didn't scare off potential opponents.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 09:53:17 AM »
Jessica laughed "special i wouldn't say as such! Just lucky i suppose" she grinned back at the two. "And where do you think your going!" shouted a voice from behind the tree. A tall gruff man walked out and stood there his eyebrows steaming slightly "who's going to pay for all this damage. This is the fith fire this week. That little pest of yours should be put down." Jessica stopped walking suddenly and turned on the man, Her eyes fixed upon his seemingly searching every part of his soul. "i do apologise let me pay for that now." she walked slowly over to the man and pulled out a small purse "there we go three gold that should sort it" The man threw it back "Three gold" he screamed his face going purple "Three gold aint going to cover it this time." He smiled nastily walking to square up to Jessica "I'd say i need a bit more than that this time love" He grinned and moved in closer. "Step away from me please before something happens that im going to regret!" The man laughed as he bought his hand in closer towards her face.

Jessica staggered backwards what the hell had just happened, there was a deep cut on her cheek and the man was led down on his face in the dirt in front of her. She could hear people screaming in the distance, Sly was pulling at her sleeve eagerly trying to say lets go. "Ummm... i think we should move. fast" she said to the other two as she backed away from the body. After her third step the place seemed to spring a leak of black-cloaked demons filling in from all directions "theres too many if we stay and fight we might as well jump into there arms now" She looked around, she managed to count 10 before they blended into each other.     

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
Peter blinked.  It had all happened too fast for him to catch, and what he did see just succeeded in confusing him.  When the demons started appearing, he had automatically reached for Tyrving, but Jessica's idea of escaping threw cold water on that plan.  And really, he wasn't stupid, with that many of them coming that fast, it would be ugly.  Oh, sure, he could get a couple of them before he got overwhelmed, but he'd get put down at least twice, and in the mean time, it was likely they'd either grab the girl and make off or kill everyone they were interested in and make off before he could get them all.  He nodded, and fell a few feet behind his new companions as they started running.  "Keep going, I can make sure any who come after us don't stay after us."  He got Tyrving unwrapped and kept an eye out, almost hoping one or two of the things would get closer than necessary.  But still... "Ten," he said miserably.  For all he knew, he was only ten away. 

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 12:12:23 AM »
Gerald was more than a little disappointed. He had just taken his hand off his blade, and then these things show up. He reached back and yanked the huge sword from its sheath and place himself inbetween the demons and the girl.

"Run? From what? I think Peter and I could take these scurges," Gerald howled with a laugh following. Demons were nothing, at least, not at this level. Gerald was infamous to most demons, and evn a few hgiehr ranking ones. He glared at one, and it stopped, looked him in the eye, and just hissed at him.

Yes, his companions would soon know him, People had been talking about him all day, but no one put the two together. Gerald focused his mind, this was a lopsided fight, five-to-two. "Bah, if you're wanting to run, let us flee quickly, once I start killing, they all die," Gerald said abrutly, his mind clouding over with the images of his past.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 03:19:50 AM »
Jessica narrowed her eye's "you have no idea!" she called back as she kept close behind Peter "You fight they will overcome you even if its both of you, even if we all fight." Sly hovered over jessicas shoulder as she ran turning his small diamond shaped head this way and that. "but who am i to stop you. You wish to fight then it is your funeral. Obviously your new to demons, with each of them having the strength of ten on its own think what you would be jumping into." The demons behind them had almost formed a cloud over the courtyard which all but seemed empty of human life other than the few life-less bodies which now littered the floor. They all seemed to be looking in the direction of the group a few of them hissing others seemingly swaying to a sort of tune. The biggest of the hooded figures stepped forward, he towered over the others his dark shape contorted by numerous amounts of blades at his side "Find them kill the spares and bring me the girl" he cried pointing in the direction they had just gone. "um if we are running we should go now!" Jessica shrugged and turned sprinting up the path just as the cloud of demons seemed to surge forward there blades now waving in the air.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »
Peter gritted his teeth.  He was starting to resent the fact that she assumed he was jumping into something he didn't understand.  He hunted demons to make a living, had been for a very long time.  And he wasn't without an advantage; he was no longer a member of a recognized order, but he still carried a holy blade, and it still destroyed demon flesh.  Even if he didn't have Tyrving, these demons couldn't kill him.  Many had tried; the name Peter le Glasse was one known and reviled by a good number of the things.

But he had agreed to see the girl to Myria, and she lacked his advantages.  It was frustrating, particularly since Gerald wanted to fight too.  (Although that really made Peter privately doubt the man's sanity.)  Jessica turned and bolted, and honor demanded that Peter follow her.  He was at a loss as to how much good it would do; even if they could out run the initial onslaught, demons were slower to tire than humans.  Whoever she was, they wanted her bad.  They wouldn't let them get away so easy.  But if the girl thought that she knew about this business better than he did, well, that was her own look-out.  He'd keep his promise, but if she wouldn't let him do his job, then he'd do as much as he could and not worry about it.

He didn't have much time to think about it.  Two of the demons at the head of the flock dove on him, and he had no choice but to fight them.  His sword cleaved through one wing, sending the demon crashing down, then continued to slash across the leg of the other.  Claws raked across his shoulder, and he hissed in pain.  He ducked another slash, then turned to make another attack.  Just another day on the job...

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »
Jessica halted and shot an arrow back towards the two who had jumped onto peter. "this is useless" she thought to herself, even if they did outrun them which she very much doubted they would continue to come maybe it was better to get them out of the way, they would have to keep stopping if they didnt which just made it harder "Sod it" she cried and ran back drawing her sword "You want to fight then you have your wish. Lets do what we can even if we rid ourselves of at least some of them it might give us a slight hand" Jessica readied herself as a demon ran at her, she twirled to the side catching it on the side, it turned with such speed that the blade it carried caught jessicas arm. Jessica side stepped and swung the heavy blade around catching the demon on the back of the neck, the ligiments snapped and the head fell forward, as she brought the sword back to take another swing another demon jumped at her knocking her to the ground, the blade she wielded snapped "Crap" she cried pulling out the blue sword, she swung the sword and it seemed to burn through the demons flesh cutting it exactly in half, Jessica led there for a moment with her mouth hanging open the demons body now twitching next to her on the floor, Jessica shook her head and jumped to her feet she quickly finished off the other demon. The blade seemed to feed of the blood but it constantly stayed clean, glimmering in its evil way.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »
Peter spun, his sword slicing neatly through the first crippled demon's neck, then he plunged it into the second demon's chest.  As it fell, he sprang forward.  Seemed like the girl had realized running was dumb, which was perfectly fine with him.  Between the three of them, though, they could probably make a pretty dent in their numbers.  He jumped at the next demon, wounding it.  However, he misjudged the terrain and blew the landing.  Instinctively, he rolled to absorb the shock, but the demon used the opportunity to tackle him.  The two of them struggled.  Peter took several hits before he managed to dislodge his opponent; it was nothing he couldn't handle.  He rolled to his feet and buried Tyrving in the demon's neck.

He didn't notice another one behind him.  At least, not until a blade plunged through his chest.  His vision grayed, and he nearly blacked out.  He dropped to his knees as the demon withdrew the blade.  His chest burned, and a terrible numbness spread through his upper body.  His heart.  Through sheer chance, the demon's sword had hit him directly in the heart.  For five seconds, he was completely motionless as blood poured out of the wound.  He felt nothing but a sense of overwhelming hope.  Then the pain suddenly intensified, and he tried to cry out.  It passed in an instant and the bleeding suddenly slackened to a trickle.  He staggered to his feet, then charged at the demon with a wordless roar of rage.  He slashed into it, his sheer strength pushing the sword through its spine and into another one behind it.  He was beyond furious, and he was getting awfully d**n tired of demons.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »
Jessica swung round as she saw the blade enter Peters body, "Peter" She cried, this gave the demons an oportunity, one knocked her down while another pushed her into the ground holding her still, The magical blade which now led quite alone next to her and the demons glowed a little brighter, as if it was pleased with what was happening. Jessica struggled fiercely against the crushing weight which was now making her sink into the wet grass below them, She tried her best to reach for the sword while trying to push the demon off the weight of it made her feel sick "We must wait for Gor'nuk" said the one who had knocked jessica down "I know that" shouted the other as he pushed his body more onto jessica's. Jessica struggled as she suddenly found it hard to breath, the demon had placed one scaly hand around her neck. Her fingertips reached help-lessly for the blade which now had become a brilliant bright blue which also seemed to pulse, One finger touched it and then some how it seemed to move further away, with one tremendous effort Jessica managed to lift herself and the demon of the ground and threw herself onto the blade grabbing the hilt she lifted it and tried to stick it into the demons side, The other demon had seen and kicked out at the blade terror on his face, Jessica kept a tight grip on the blade. the demon shifted slightly and caught Jessica's arm as she tried once again to raise it and make a strike, it held it tightly to the floor "Go and get Gor'nuk now" screamed the demon as Jessica kicked out at the leaving demon. Was this it was it all over her journey her adventure, she would be taken and that would be the end of everything, tears filled her eyes as she thought of her long lost loved ones. "This can't be it" she thought to herself "What have i been doing it all for" she managed to shout out before the demon slammed her head into the floor. 

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2007, 08:12:03 PM »
Peter snarled and scanned for another target.  His eyes lit on what looked like a pile of demons.  He didn't know why they were doing it, and he didn't care.  He grabbed the nearest one and hauled it to its feet, and dispatched it.  That got the attention of another, who turned in time to get his sword plunged into its head.  He swung into the next.  He wasn't really feeling his wounds any more; rage and adrenalin drowned them out.  He couldn't hurt the real target of his anger, but the demons were an acceptable substitute.  He hauled another one off, and realized they were piled on top of Jessica, pinning her to the ground.  "Get off her!" he roared.  "You deal with the champion first!  Or are the demons of this age so pathetic they don't know that?!"

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 02:56:27 AM »
Gerald gave a battle cry and leapt at the demons. He lifted his greatsword up and cleaved through his first target from neck to hip. He was hit from the left with a demonic body, and shouldered it back. He saw Peter catch a sword in the back through to his chest, and the subsequent tackling of Jessica. He gripped the huge sword in one hand and started to run to help the girl.

A demon intercepted him, trying to gut him with a deft twisting slash, Gerald just laughed. The demon's blade bounced harmlessly off his blessed plate mail. "Aye, not what ye expected, was it?" was all Gerald offered to the shocked expression of the demon before he took a mighty one hand swing of his sword that decapitated the creature. As the demon's body fell away, Gerald saw Peter blowing through demon's like molten metal through grass. "What in the hells?" Gerald whispered to himself as he saw Peter's fury. And then he heard Peter's comment to the demons about fighting the champion first.

"Aye! That's right ya blasted hell-spawn! Ye must defeat Peter and I before the girl goes anywhere," Gerald roared lifting his blade high over his head. A demon ran up hissing, and thrust it's blade at Gerald. Gerald used his armored forearm to turn the blade aside, and dropped the heave sword onto the demon's head, cutting from skull to groin. Gerald tracked his progress to his companions. In the minute in a half he had been trying to get to them, he had made it about twenty feet. They were closer, but still just a bit far away for him to aid him with his prayer. His prayer to his god was increasing his strength by almost triple, hence, his ability to wield the thirty pound, eight foot long blade in one hand.

Just a few feet closer, and his paladin prayer would increase Peter's already adreniline enhanced state, and make the girl a worse force to be messed with, considering the damage her magic blade was doing.

Gerald just smiled and howled to his god.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 04:30:47 AM »
Even through the rage and the blood, Peter felt it.  He knew a paladin's magic when he felt it, though he hadn't experienced it in a long time.  It flashed through his body, driving away the muscle strain and fatigue that were quietly beginning to wear on him, and making his sword cut through demon flesh harder.  Somewhere in the back of his mind, it occured to him that he'd once had magic like this, but it had been so long ago that he couldn't even remember what he'd do with it even if he could call it up.

It didn't matter.  Nothing mattered right now, except carving through these demons until they were dead or fled.  Each one that fell would make that pink flaw in his talisman shrink a little more.  In a way, he could even make the case that they were somewhat responsible for his troubles.  Reinvigorated, and temporarily stronger in the bargain, he waded into the fray in deadly earnest, his face a mask of blind fury.  He killed demons because it had been a battle against demons that had started it, and because it was the only way to break the hold of the magic on him.  He killed demons because he could not kill her.  His sword flashed through demons, adding more bodies, parts, and blood to the pile at his feet.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2007, 04:56:07 AM »
Jessica felt slightly stronger as Gerald approached nearer and nearer. She managed to push the last demon off of herself and grabbed the sword thrusting it down into the demons body. The sound af searing skin could be heard through the cries of battle, the demon screamed as the blade seemed to boil him from the inside out. Jessica with a slight smile on her face swung round and caught another demon in the throat the blade slicing through without to much force, it left the neck slightly smoking but the cut was so clean, there was no jagged pieces off flesh around the neck line. Jessica looked at the other two as she countinued to cleave her way through demon after demon "surely thats all of them" she thought to herself looking around there were still at least four maybe even five situated in the clearing, she ran at one and with a graceful twist sliced it in half "WHAT HAPPENED" cried a nastily high voice from the shadows, Gor'nuk stepped into the clearing carrying his sword by his side, he looked around such anger on his face "YOU" he cried pointing at Peter "demon slayer, you have killed alot of my good men before and now you are here again killing more. I should of cut you from head to toe when i had the chance." cried Gor'nuk moving slowly towards Peter, Jessica looked between Gor'nuk and peter before moving swiftly in front of peter and holding the sword out, the demons eyes widened in wonder "Leviathan" he whispered looking at the sword, the bright blue now glinting in the little sunlight which was not being obscured by the trees, Leviathan seemed to pulse at its name and Jessica shivered as the power ran through her arms into her head, without another thought Jessica swung the great sword and it caught Gor'nuk's throat still with his evil grin on his face his head flew a couple of yards away from the body. Gor'nuks body fell to the ground with a thump and as the demons realised what had happened they began to flee trying to escape the on-slaught which awaited them. Jessica sighed heavily was this fight over or was it just beggining.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2007, 05:09:52 AM »
Peter just had time to glare at what was apparently the demon in charge and ready his sword for another swing before Jessica was in the way.  Before he could get around her, she'd neatly taken the demon's head off.  He hissed in subdued anger.  "Don't protect me.  They can't kill me.  Not yet."  Then he wheeled, stepping around her quickly.  He stalked down the field, hoping to catch a few more of the retreating demons before they all fled.  Dark blood dripped from his sword as he moved.  He was still seething, but now that the tide had turned, he was starting to thing more rationally.  It was just as well, he couldn't have kept that pace up forever, and he didn't fancy becoming a punching bag for a horde of demons.  It didn't mean he wouldn't try for a few more while they were still around.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 12:51:37 AM »
Gerald noticed when his companions had gained the strength boost from his prayer, he hacked another demon with a heavy slash at the hip level and cleaved it in two. Gor'nuk stepped out, and muttered something Gerald couldn't hear over the voice of his god, and then Jessica took the beast's head. Gerald rushed to his new found friends, keeping his guard up, and him lips moving slightly to keep the aura of strength emanating from his body. He finally gripped his blade wtih both hands, after removing his holy symbol from beneath his plate-mail. The instant that symbol was removed, the power of his god almost doubled, and he knew his allies would feel it.

If the demons returned, they would be hardpressed to kill the three warriors.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 12:47:16 PM »
Jessica lowered her head as she recieved the scolding from Peter and walked a short distance away where she removed Sly who had hidden in her cloak pocket away from the battle, She sat at the base of a tree and sighed. Sly cocked his head slightly and stuck out his forked tounge, Jessica smiled slightly before placing the little beast on the ground where he curled himself up and uncurled again flicking his long tail this way and that. Jessica looked at the blade which was still gripped tightly in her hand, she examined it closer moving the blade closer and closer to her face, she could feel the heat slightly on her face, it was a pleasant heat if she kept it the same distance away. She lowered the sword quickly and looked up towards the other two who had gone off to run down the last of the demons which had fled. Jessica shrugged "let them go and do what they want" she thought to herself. "after all they are here just for the demons!" Jessica picked up a stone and chucked it across the ground where it struck one of the bodies which now led littering the ground where she sat.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 12:05:06 AM »
Well, he wasn't going to catch any more of them for this fight.  Their leader's death had broken their ranks, and Peter just didn't have the energy left to chase them down.  He'd burned through the driving fury and all the adrenalin, and the enhancement spell on him was starting to wear thin.  His wounds were starting to ache, although by far the worst was the large gash in his back.  It hadn't killed him, but that didn't keep it from hurting like mad.  And it just now occurred to him that he'd been inexcusably rude.

He made his way over to where Jessica was sitting, then carefully sat down next to her, wincing as he pulled on his back.  "I must apologize.  I should not have spoken to you in such a harsh manner.  Battles like this one bring out the worst in me.  I can't much help it.  Please do not hold it against me."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »
Jessica took a side-wards glance towards Peter as he spoke then looked towards the tops of the tree's. There was a small crack in the twisted limbs of the trees above making a space in the canopy where the sun belted through warming just a small spot of earth, through the gap Jessica could make out some clouds floating in the sky before the warming rays where engulfed by a large cloud, Jessica sighed and looked down upon Sly "I don't hold it against you" She said absent-mindedly stroking Sly's smooth lethery wings, he cooned quietly as if he was purring the sound reverberating around the silent clearing, "And i don't blame you for getting the way you did!" Jessica closed her eyes slowly and took a deep breath leaning her head against the tree behind her "I panicked" she said quietly "You.. you were injured and i panicked, I thought i might as well be of some use..." she stopped abruptly but kept her eyes tight shut.