llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leviathan  (Read 27064 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Leviathan
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »
       "No more i don't know where she is please just let me go" The whip fell once again slashing up the young boys back bringing blood to the surface "Your lieing! i know you are, i can see it in your eyes. Stop trying to hide her from me i will find her with or without your help!" the whip came down again and again, each time the boy shrieked and winced at the pain. "You've got it wrong i don't even know who your talking about! just let me go." A high pitched laugh rang over the bare prison walls. "You expect me to believe that poppy cock do you?" said the man gliding over to the two, he put his hand on the man with the whips shoulder and gave him a nod "yes cap'n" said the man and hurried off. "It would be so much easier if you just tell me where she is Kaiser! You know that don't you, if you just tell me i won't have to kill you and i will be able to let you go." the man knealt down in front of Kaiser his long pointed nose almost touching Kaiser's. The man removed a blade from his pocket and placed the tip on Kaiser's cheek "I can make your time here unbearable or i could just kill you know!" With a movement as fast as lighting the man was stood up and there was blood on the blade Kaisers cheek burnt as blood flowed freely into his mouth. "I won't tell you! i will never tell you anything! YOU CAN GET F...." the blade flashed down and a soft thump was heard echo around the dungeon "Shame" smiled the man "I was beginning to like that boy! he had spunk!" the man laughed and flicked his long black hair out of his bright red eyes.

The waves crashed gently against the rock the sun sparkling on the ocean surface. Jessica walked slowly bare footed over the golden sand breathing in the salty sea air. She had had news not long ago that her friend Kaiser had been taken into coustady on the grounds of knowing her "thats complete and utter crap" she thought to herself as she sat heavily on a nearby rock looking out to sea. That was it she would hire some body guards and travel to Myria and destroy this sodden sword, ever since it had been passed down to her it had been trouble, Jessica thought of the first time she had used the sword and how it had destroyed an entire village in one go. She hadn't meant to of course but thats where it had all started. Jessica had tried her best to get on with the sword but it just never worked. Each time she used it something else dreadful would happen to either her or someone close to her and know finally she had had enough. Jessica stood up and ran to a nearby shop, after a couple of minuites she appeared holding a large piece of paper and a quill. she quickly leant against a wall and scribbled something roughly onto the paper. She spun around and caught site of a large pole in the middle of the town centre, she pulled her bow and arrow of off her back and placed the paper onto the sharp end of an arrow, she took aim and let loose, the arrow flew past peoples heads and arms and finally came to rest in the thick oak pole. Jessica smiled and turned and walked into a small inn.

HELP NEEDED
BODY GUARDS WANTED FOR LONG JOURNEY
WILL PAY HANDSOMLEY
IF INTRESTED MEET IN THE HUNGRY LION'S INN OPPOSITE THIS NOTE
THANKS
MISS jESSICA ALLRIDGE
P.S MUST BE A GOOD FIGHTER.   
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
Re: Leviathan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:07:16 AM »
Gerald had finally reached the next town in his adventures. He patted his horse's neck and smiled. The last town had been quite an adventure. Then again, when a wizard goes critical and starts raising the dead to take over the region, things tend to get messy. Gerald hopped off his mount and walked it into town. His shining platemail glittered in the sun, his mount glistened with sweat. He entered the small town, and started talking to the townsfolk. Many seemed slightly alarmed, but when a rouge knight enters any area, eyebrows tend to raise in his direction. He stopped at a bar, tied his horse to a post, and entered the building. He walked to the bartender, sat down, and waved the man over. "Good day, my fine man, by any chance do you know of any work?" Gerald asked. The bartender seemed taken back by his use of words, that or his accent. He hadn't realized just how far he had traveled till now. The bartender looked at him and answered, "Well now, fancy words, to fancy for me, but yeah, work is pretty easy to find in this town, although, you seem to be a warrior. Not much trouble happens around here that the militia or the gaurds can't handle. But if you want to look, theres an oak post in the middle of town, just down the road. Check it, sometimes merchant caravans request gaurds and such on their travels," the bartender answered. Gerald sighed and rubbed his hand across his jaw. He reached into his pouch and grabbed a few silver coins. Tossing them onto the bar, he gave his thanks, went outside, and grabbed his mount. From what he could tell, he wasn't about to find any work here. Merchant caravans never worked out with him, and he almost always never got paid. That always proved fatal for the merchants. He walked his mount to the center of town, and noticed right when it came into the view the arrow on the pole. Gerald had seen many things, but in a town like this, papers woulnormally be nailed, at least, he thought they would be. He walked up to it, read the paper, and almost leapt for joy.

A body gaurd job, perfect. Action and pay, Gerald thought to himself. He glanced around, located the Hungry Lion's Inn, and headed for it. He tied his mount to a post yet again, and entered the establishment. He looked around, but didn't notice anyone in particular need of a gaurd. He thought he might have the wrong place. He decided to sit and wait. Chances were, whoever it was that needed help would realize that someone in armor like his was obvoisly here for a job. He ordered a drink from the waitress and waited. He hoped this worked out, and that no one here had ever heard of Gerald the Merciless.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »
Jessica sat with her head in her hands with a drink under her chin. her dark brown hair dangled at the side of her face making her look extremly pretty. Her light blue eyes gazed across the room looking for people who might help her out suddenly the door opened and a man in mail walked through. Jessica lifted her head just slightly and watched as the man sat himself down looking around the room. Although jessica was dressed in black tight trousers and a marron top she was still royal even though she did not like to admit it, she had always enjoyed the life of adventure and fighting. As she watched the man she had a strange urge to vomit "oh no not now" she thought to herself. Outside the inn's window the sun had seemed to vanish and everything had become hushed people fidgeted in there seats as if a dark evil loomed over the entire town. Jessica moved as quickly as she could but she was to late a large black clad man burst through the door it's evil red eyes looking around the room untill they stopped on the half stooden up half sat down girl reaching for her arrows and bow it moved like the wind and was in her face in no time at all. Jesica had just managed to strap an arrow onto her bow when the figure raised it's bony hand, she let it go and pierced through the creatures hand. It gave an agonized wail and flailed around before settling and pulling the arrow out of it's hand. Jessica had managed to get half way across the room when a table smacked her square in the back. people began to scream running here and there to get out of the way running for the door and squashing each other into the side's of the door frame. Jessica rolled quickly just in time to catch the sharp blade which forced down upon her with her own sword and parry it away. now would be a good time for people to help to show them selves she thought to herself quickly.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »
Peter cursed himself for a fool.  After all, the whole reason he'd come to this pathetic little town was to get ahead of his quarry.  But he'd let the town's slowness and complacency get to him.  So when he'd stopped for a drink, he'd left his sword outside with the horse.  And now, when he really needed it, he had to run and fetch it without getting trampled by the panicked crowd.  Fortunately, he was thin and wiry and could squeeze out without too much problem.  He fumbled with the bindings, cursing the whole while and hoping things didn't get out of hand before he could get back.  Finally he yanked it loose, and still tearing at the cloth wrapped around it, charged back to the bar.  The door was jammed with people, so he wasn't getting in that way, but the window was open.  Not many had taken that way out; it was too close to the thing for them.  He slipped in easily.

The creature in black seemed to be locked in combat with a girl, who hadn't got herself killed yet, so that was good.  He pulled the sword out of the sheath, then ran over to the fight.  He tapped the creature's shoulder.  "Excuse me, I don't think the lady is pleased with your attentions, so kindly leave her alone."  It ignored him.  "Well, I tried to be polite."  He drove his sword into the thing's side, then hauled back on it as hard as he could.  The momentum knocked it away several steps, and with a practiced twist Peter slipped the sword out of it and had it at the ready.  He got between it and the girl.  "Why don't you dance with me, demon?"  The holy sword Tyrving seemed to sparkle slightly, as if eager for the combat.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »
The creature stumbled but regained it's footing in a blink of an eye. "i have no use for you" came the creatures whisper of a voice. it pulled from its back a long pole which was pitch black with spikes coming out either side it swung it roughly at a nearby table which splintered into a thousand pieces. With a piercing cry the creature charged.

Jessica side-stepped and parried the pole away before it could cause any damage she was now holding a long sword which was a sparkling bright blue it seemed to shimmer dully and even malicously, Jessica took a deep breath and said "leave now and i shall spare your life"  she looked sidewards at the man who now stood next to her. The creature laughed maddly "you believe you can weild that sword? there is no chance you will die before you are finished" and the creature charged

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »
"Why do they always think I'm of no importance?"  Peter wondered aloud.  He stepped around the creature's spear, getting inside his reach.  Tyrving almost seemed to have a mind of its own, as Peter sought to find the creature's black heart, if it had one.  "I mean, I may not look like much, but this happens every time I hunt one of you buggers."  The glittering blade slashed across the thing's side.  "Is a little respect too much to ask?"  He neatly blocked a clawed hand.  "Or is your kind only interested in fighting people who fear you?"

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 05:06:58 PM »
The creature winced slightly "you annoy me" it moved with such speed that the human eye could not grasp it, "she fears me because me and my kind will not leave her till my master gets what he wants" came the creatures voice from behind Jessica "such a pretty thing so this is why my master doesn't want you dead" it whispered in her ear so the man could not hear. the creature moved its scaly hand across Jessica's shoulders. "Move boy and she will be mine, the sword will return to my master and there is nothing that you can do about it." Jessica stiffened from the touch and tried to motion to the man "The head" she mouthed to the man which now stood before her. The creature tugged at her hair "what was that?" Jessica struggled before relaxing it slipped her hand into her pocket withdrew a small dagger and plunged it backwards into the creatures chest. it let go instantly "NOW" shouted Jessica. 

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »
Peter never hesitated.  He spun, Tyrving flying in a lethal arc.  The blade sparked as it sliced through the creature's neck, sensing a weak spot.  "Should've tried beheading it before," he muttered.  He got some impressive distance, though.  The head went flying and the body collapsed in front of Peter.  "Arrogant bastard, wasn't he?  Thanks for the tip," he said genially.  "So, have I got it right, milady?  There's more of these things that'll be coming after you?  Mind if I- eich.

In mid-sentence, his face lost all color and he stumbled a bit.  A trickle of blood ran out of his mouth as he looked down.  He'd been careless.  Either as a dying reflex, or before and he was just now feeling it, the creature had scored on him.  One of the barbs from its spear was buried in his stomach.  He leaned on a nearby intact table, bowing his head with the pain.  A constant stream of hissed curses could be heard as he gripped the barb.  He hesitated for a moment, clearly bracing himself, then yanked the barb out with a convulsive jerk.  That brought on a new stream of curses as he pressed his hand against the wound to staunch the bleeding. 

"Ow.  Ow ow ow ow.  D... dammit, I ha... hate demons.  Ow."  He finally settled down for a moment, supporting himself with the table.  He leaned against it, trying to concentrate enough to keep the pain at a tolerable level.  "Pardon the language, mi... milady.  I think these things are poisoned.  Gah."  He grimaced at the barb, then tossed it away.  "Son of a..."  With an effort, he straightened up and made a small bow, hissing in pain as he did.  "May I tag along with you, if our friend's brothers will be following you?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 03:22:47 PM »
Jessica smiled sweetly, "course you may, now let me look" Jessica pushed her hair out of her face and stepped forward over the now hissing body of the demon as black ichor seeped out of the throat. Jessica stood in front of him and smiled sweetly "take your top of please" she hesitated and waited for him to do as she asked.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »
Peter considered for a moment, hesitating.  Normally, he didn't care much for being touched.  But the wound hurt like hell, and she'd be able to see it to patch it up better than he would.  He pulled his shirt up, revealing a ragged hole where he'd yanked the barb out.  It was still bleeding, but that was to be expected.  It would probably leave a scar, he thought.  One more to add to his collection.

"My name is Peter le Glasse," he said, wincing as he pulled the shirt off the wound.  "Who might you be, milady?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 05:35:57 PM »
Jessica smiled "my name is Jessica Allridge" she rubbed her hands together "this will hurt" she said looking up into his eyes her bright blue eyes sparkling. she gently touched the wound her skin felt like silk, she concentrated hard a bright light erupted from her palms, it would feel like someone burning the skin around the hole. After a couple of minuites she removed her hands there was the tiniest scar but it had healed completly pretty much. "i hope that feels better the only problem is that you will have twinges there for the rest of your life thats the reprucussion of using magic for healing"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 08:06:10 PM »
Peter swore softly.  "It's all right.  It's not as bad as twinges from a broken shoulder that never set right."  He produced a rag and cleaned the ichor off his sword.  "If I'd known this bastard was after you, I probably could have found him a lot sooner."  He found the cloth he kept wrapped around Tyrving and wound it around the sword.  Now that the fight was over, she had time to get a good look at him.  He was only a little taller than she was, with dark hair and a wiry build.  He actually looked pretty young, hardly more than twenty.  "So, why are demons after you, if you don't mind me asking?"  He didn't care, particularly, but he was curious.  "You don't look like a demon hunter, milady, so that can't be the reason you're on the hit list."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 04:59:09 AM »
Jessica frowned "this" she said throwing the sword onto the floor where it continued to glow dully blue. at a closer look on the blade was a carving, what looked like water and a large serpentine creature. if peter inspects it closer it would seem as if the serpent moved just quickly then went back to its stationary position. "Malek! if you hunt these things then you should know him, he makes pacts with these things to retrieve me and the sword," this time it was jessica who cursed but rather loudly, she looked down at her hand where she had produced the sword in the battle it had gotten excited, there on her wrist was a nasty burn, she shook her hand and hide it in her sleeve. Jessica smiled again and picked up the blood soaked shirt "we better get you a new shirt unless your going to walk around half naked" Jessica grinned.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »
"Malek?  I'm afraid I've never heard of him."  One warlock was very like another, as far as Peter was concerned.  "When the local peasants start panicking because a demon is running amok, they usually don't care too much who called it up or what it wants.  And when I find them, we usually don't indulge in conversation before trying to kill each other."  He grinned.  "But if this Malek is sending demons after you, he's probably in for a lot of frustration now."  He stretched, then headed for the door.  "I've got another shirt in my saddlebags, so no worries.  Where exactly are you headed?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
Jessica smiled "that is true" she said quietly, following slowly behind peter. "Myria!" she said bluntly staring at the bright blue sky which had come out again. "what brings you to these parts anyway?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 06:26:31 PM »
Peter jerked a thumb back into the bar.  "That did.  I was hired down near Tamalin, but he always kept just ahead of me.  But I got a general idea of the direction he was heading, so I cut around to get ahead of him."  He pulled a shirt from his saddle bag, and patted his horse affectionately.  "It worked, and now that I've fulfilled my obligations, I can travel with you to Myria to keep any further unwanted admirers at bay."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 10:57:07 AM »
Jessica blushed slightly, she didn't know why but she didn't want to look like a pathetic little girl so she moved her hair quickly into her face keeping her head bent low as if studying something on the floor. "well i suppose it's better to start moving before anyone else wants to stop us in our tracks" Jessica sighed "on the move again" she thought to herself, she looked over at the horse, and a smile spread across her face. How long had she been here that she had forgotten her pride and joy. left her in the care of the stable masters even though they werent to happy about it. now she would see her again.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 11:53:15 PM »
Gerald smiled to himself. All the peasantry had retreated, but neither of the two survivors noticed he was still sitting quite calmly in his little corner. He finished his drink, walked outside, and stepped up to the two.

"Very nice, you two fought quite well. Just out of curiosity, which of you was it that posted the notice for body gaurds?" Gerald said. He took a step back and leaned against the inn, crossing his arms.

He thought about his action for a second, realizing some thought this to be a threatening pose. He never understood those fools. With his arms crossed, he couldn't reach his great sword as fast as he normally would have. He stood there, staring at the two people, and waited for an answer.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 12:44:19 AM »
"Oh, hello," Peter said, glancing up.  He was busy securing his sword to Archer, but gave the newcomer an appraising look as he did.  "It wasn't me, I haven't got a need for bodyguards.  It may have been this lady," he said, looking questioningly at Jessica.  He patted the horse's neck, then gave the stranger his full attention.  Knew how to handle himself, and could probably make someone's life difficult if he chose.  Peter shrugged.  It made very little difference to him. 

He felt eyes on him, and stiffened slightly.  A cat sauntered along the road, then jumped onto a nearby rock.  It sat down, neatly curling its tail around itself and looked at Peter.  He gritted his teeth.  He didn't care much for cats, and this one even less.  Resisting the urge to throw a rock at it, he muttered under his breath, "Go away, Desiree."  The cat, however, paid him no mind, and just sat there licking a paw.

Well, he'd ignore her.  "What might your name be, good sir?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 06:37:05 AM »
Jessica looked over her shoulder as the newcomer spoke "i put it up" she said pushing her hair aside once again, it was starting to get on her nerves but she would never cut it. Jessica side glanced at the cat and then at peter then shrugged "do you wish to answer to the post do you?" she turned fully towards the man and smiled slightly. This was working out well two people to help her, there was nothing for her to worry about unless they sent Garth, a shiver ran down her spine as she thought of the lead demon. Jessica let her eyes wonder over this new man's form he stood with courage she could tell that, he would be a worthy advisary if ever it came to it.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 12:50:52 AM »
Gerals smiled to himself. He wasn't surprised in the least that the woman had made the post. He tilted his head back slightly and replied with all the grace he could, "The answer to the first question, my name is Gerald. I'm a rouge knight, cast from my old lord's castle for false accusations. To answer the second question, I would like very much to answer the post. My days now deal with being a sell-sword than a knight. And if your cause is just enough, you might even get my services for free," Gerald said. He tried to hide his southern accent, but knew it was highly unlikely the two had missed it. He noticed both people looking at something, took a quick glance and saw a cat. He thought it was odd, but paid it no mind. He shifted his back on the wall, his greatsword was digging into his back quite uncomfortably, even through his armor. He smiled at the thought of all the fighting he was hoping to get. This would be well worth it, that was one thing he was almost certain of.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 01:36:19 AM »
Peter smiled a little sadly.  Being a rogue knight, that was something he understood in a sort of sideways manner.  He'd never really been rogue, but he'd had his share of problems and uncomfortable treatment after the death of his master and his order.  Couldn't be helped, and was, in a way, probably his own fault.  Anyway, one thing he'd learned was that in the end, a sell-sword wasn't really any different from being a knight; it all led to the same place.

Gerald had some sort of accent that he was trying to hide, but Peter had heard so many voices and accents that it was hard to place one.  He didn't really care, either; it mattered very little to him where a man was from.  "I'm Peter, though you may have heard me say as much already."  He smiled at Jessica.  "Now that you have a bodyguard and a demon slayer, shall we proceed to Myria?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
Jessica nodded, hopefully this wouldn't turn out to be a bloody mess like it always did. She turned away from the others and began walking slowly in a western direction towards the stable's which were on the western borders of the town leading into a great forest behind it. She would retrieve Flare and they would set on there way.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 03:34:10 AM »
Gerald was surprised he had been hired just like that. Most people who had hired him had thought him all bark and no bite. Many had had him test his skills against their best warriors. Their best was always far below Gerald's level of skill. His armor was slightly enchanted to reduce the weight of the steel, and his great sword had the same spell, plus another to never allow its' edge to dull. The final spell he had requested, as payment for his necromancer slaying adventure, gave his blade slight magical properties, allowing it to cut being not of this world more effectively.

Gerald walked to his hourse, untied it, and quickly caught up to the woman. "I'm very sorry, but you haven't yet told me your name, or exactly what you need protected. Highwaymen? Beasts of the wilderness? More of those things?" Gerald said trying to put as much respect into his tone as possible. Back at his old home, he had never needed to show respect to anyone, not even his lord. But when your the reason the man sits in his position, you tend to have very much sway over him.

Gerald continued to walk with the woman, looked into the sun, and smiled.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 11:34:20 PM »
"I do apologise" stated Jessica looking slightly shocked at the formalness of the conversation "My name is Jessica Allridge, i'm travelling to Myria on buisness and the things i need protecting from...." Jessica stopped and thought for a minuite "Its more to say i need Help with" Jessica made sure she empahized the help just in case the man thought she couldn't take care of herself "are demons! yes more of those things" she threw her head back to the way they had just come from as she said it. Jessica yawned and stared forward it wouldn't take long to get to the stables and as soon as she got her friend they would be off, Jessica didn't quite know how long it would take to get to Myria from her she hadn't done the trip in such a long time "a couple of days at the least" she thought to herself as she gazed up at the blue cloudless sky.