llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Episode 2, Part 1 - Decisions [DONE]

Author (Read 39214 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<OOC>
And besides, its effects are permanent, though only Brevil knows that. ;)

I am readying for table top gaming, but will post tomorrow morning, 13 hours from when this was posted. Hang in there Kiph, don't do any drugs yet. There isn't any time, really, as Wolf is CHARGING at you
</OOC>
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
<ooc> Hang on a minute. I didn't think that the changes would be permanent.
Besides, they're still in my hand, and I haven't thrown them in.
oh, well.... We'll just see how the combat goes. up to you now Muro (well, AG really)</ooc>
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<OOC> You got some performance enhancing drugs that you tested on subjects, but they are in your Bleak Wood office vault, not here </OOC>
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
In the Pit
Wolf had come dangerously close, his blooded morning star gracing Kiph's midsection; tearing through flesh, spraying the pit wall with crimson. It hurt like hell and the crowd screaming reached a peak, the onlookers exalting in Kiph's misery. All the while the monotonous chant continued.

"Meat for Wolf! Meat for Wolf! Meat for Wolf!"

Ceres and Brevil attempted to reach the pit, but their path was blocked by a guard that was almost a head lower than Ceres. "No, milady, Sir Brevil, you may not save your friend" was all that he said.

Kiph had failed to evade the blow, but sprung like an ocelot still, ignoring the pain, coming up on the side of Wolf. His hand flickered like a flame, his speed inhuman, as the stiletto shot towards the ear, a streak of crimson across Wolf's face as Kiph dug a deep, crimson ravine from left nostril to his left ear, flesh sagging down and blood running in rivulets down the giant's face.

Then Kiph reached temporary safety on the other side of the pit and spun around just in time to see a berserk Wolf swooning for a second, before the pit fighter screamed in rage and once again charged at him.

Kiph did not register it, but the chanting had died as Kiph's stiletto tore through the cheek of the giant sized warrior. An eerie silence dawned upon the crowd as they held their breaths, awaiting what came next.

<OOC>
Kiph failed parry/duck (81) and Wolf only marginally hit Kiph (61).
Then Kiph had a good hit(29), but not good enough to kill instantly (6 points of damage to the face).
The poison has an onset time of 1 round and will take effect at the end of next round.

A new round has begun and Kiph won initiative... again
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 05:34:49 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2007, 07:07:34 PM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
Brevil turned to Ceres speaking loudly with a look of outraged surprised: "Horned one, it seems that this pathetic little man means to stand in our way! - Surely I must be mistaken?"
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2007, 07:56:33 PM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"It happens, and yes, you are right, he sems to be doing exactly that. Stand aside, man, I wish only to get a look. But - Kiph seems able to handle himself. I do not wish to humiliate him by intervening..."

Observing the fight with a look of disapproval, she added towards Bevil: "... and, please, do not hand him any aggressivity inducing drugs, or, for that matter, any drugs at all. I will feel much obliged."

A brief pause followed, forced by the yelling and hollering of the crowd.

"Likewise, you will do me a favor by calling me Ceres. Horned one - it would be like calling the sky 'blue thing'."

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:01:51 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2007, 05:20:12 AM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
"Very well, ceres."

Brevil's gaze slowly fell to the pit, from where only one would survive, the lines of his face serious and tense.

"And indeed, your friends seem quite capable of handling themselves. And so do you, I must say. I'm sure our fat acquaintance out there on the pavement would agree to that."

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Wolf charged at Kiph seeing that the disturbing nomad leaned against the pit wall, readying for another spring. He dipped low and grabbed the previous opponent's carcass by the belt, hurling it with furious force at the Fatebringer Nomad.

"I WILL KILL YOU, RIV! I WILL TEAR THE FLESH FROM YOUR BONES AND I WILL PLUCK OUT YOUR EYES, ONE AFTER THE OTHER!"

Everywhere the faithful were coughing and cursing, while the less fortunate moaned pitifully, begging for death. Pastor Smith stumbled out the doorway, realizing the explosion had cost Phillip his life, while seriously hurting two other lads, good men that were strong in their faith.

None of the Smith triplets had been seriously hurt, though Carmine sported a fair number of cuts, and Oldboy silently praised the lord for his mercy. Lifting a bottle of whisky he whispered a silent prayer before gulping down a good amount of liquid, falling at ease as the spirits warmed his throat and chest.

"You got away this time, Riv, but you will never be safe. When you least expect it, I will come and I will deliver unto you to the good Lord's judgment" he whispered, but his brothers heard and they nodded in agreement, putting a hand each on the pastor's shoulders.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Kiph tried to get away, but he wasn't quick enough, and the corpse hit his right leg, slamming it into the wall. Pain shot through it, making him grit his teeth. His knee felt as if it had been jerked out of position, but Kiph easily untangled it from the mutilated corpse and was ready for Wolf, that was even now preparing to swing his mighty morning star.

"I am WOLF! Now you DIE!" he howled as held the morning star above his head, blood dripping down his chest from the gaping wound on his cheek.

<OOC>
Wolf throw roll: 07, a special success
Kiph dodge roll: 45, nearly, but still a failure
Wolf missile damage: 1D6 + 1D6(strength bonus) = 2 + 2 = 4 -> The corpse bounces into the floor before hitting Kiph. While not
Corpse hit location: 1D20 = 3 -> Right knee area
Kiph DEX balance check vs 4 damage on the "resistance table": 72 -> success. Kiph does not fall and easily slip his foot out of the mess.
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:55:13 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2007, 08:28:58 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph screamed in unabashed pain, feeling his knee buckle and give way, as the corpse of Wolf's last opponent smashed into him. Fearful now of dying, Kiph rolled once more, rising slowly, blood still streaming from his chest and mouth,  only to watch, as the brutal morningstar began swinging another arc over the giant's head.

Kiph screamed again now, yelling inanities and incomprehensible gibberish, as blood spurted out of the Fatebringer's mouth, in all directions. No more running, he found time to think, no more...running.

As the mornignstar was about to come down, once more, and probably for a final time, Kiph lunged headlong into the giant's chest, trying to dig his stiletto into Wolf's exposed belly, and without pausing, attempting to bite into whichever parcel of exposed flesh presented itself, as hard as his jaw could bite down. Lovehandle, thigh, hell, even his loin-clothed manhood...it didnt matter to the maniacal Kiph now. Only kill or be killed mattered.

"I am Ki-i-i-ipph!" he spouted in a lunatic state as he lunged, "And I have killed better than you!" he garbled through his blood-spewing mouth.

<OOC> attempting to plunge stiletto into belly, and biting Wolf, wherever I can.</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:32:41 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
In the Pit
With blinding quickness, diving in under Wolf's swing, Kiph lunged headlong into the giant's chest, digging his stiletto into Wolf's exposed belly. The blade sunk deep, and Kiph could feel Wolf stiffen, yet the giant refused to die and the Fatebringer felt powerful hands close about his neck, as Kiph was too close for a morningstar swing. The frantic nomad managed to get one of Wolf's thumbs in his mouth, and even as the pit fighter choked him, he felt the warm blood of the giant flow into his mouth, for Kiph bit and he bit hard.

Wolf's brute strength was unquestionable, and Kiph was pushed down, his back now against the corpse beneath him. His opponent's eyes were blank, his pupils huge. They reminded Kiph of dying animals and his previous victims, as they always looked like that during their last seconds in this world.

Do I look like that now?

The world started to blur and tears came into Kiph's eyes. Then everything went black.

By the pit
Ceres and Brevil stood watching in silence. The chanting and screaming had stopped and everyone seemed to be gaping as they watched the blood drenched combatants below. It seemed like Wolf had the upper hand now, and the giant was choking Kiph, who had stopped moving a few seconds ago.

The crowd roared as Wolf lifted his hands, a gesture of victory.

"WOLF! WOLF! WOLF! WOLF!" the crowd chanted, their feet stomping with approval. Even the elderly man Kiph had talked to got up of his stool, starting to applaud the giant.

"Well done, Wolf!" he cried. The second after Wolf staggered, then fell, his body crashing unceremoniously to the floor.

Again there was silence, then Kiph stirred to life, slowly lifting his head. It took a while, but when it was clear that Wolf would not rise, the elderly man sighed, then said "Ladies and gentlemen, I believe Wolf, third fighter of the pit, is dead. All hail... Scorpion, our new third fighter of the pit!"

The crowd hesitated only a second before they started chanting once again, "Scorpion! Scorpion! Scorpion! Scorpion!"

In the back of the truck
Something was happening inside the tavern, that was for sure, but out on the street things seemed to have calmed down. Riv softly drummed his fingers on the shotgun.

"Sir! May I approach?" a thin voice called out to him.

<OOC>
Kiph wins initiative.
Kiph rolls 26, a hit.
He does 1D6+1 damage, which resulted in 5+1 = 6.
He has aimed at the belly, no D20 roll required.
Having spent one of his two allotted actions, Wolf spends his last one on a stranglehold and rolls a 13. With his grapple skill of 35 that is a hit. Kiph is grappled to the ground, but manages to bite for 2 points of damage.
Wolf has now taken 6 + 6 + 2 damage = 14. He still stands, but will die at the end of the round due to the poison Kiph has applied.
Kiph rolls 96 and fails his constition check against strangulation. He will die within 3 rounds. Fortunately, Wolf dies at the end of the round.
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:54:25 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2007, 07:07:36 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Leaning over the pit, Ceres eyed the beaten Kiph. "Now that he has proven his might and terrifying skill, would the mighty Scorpion stoop so low as to join with us mortals, and have his bruises tended to?"

More for herself, almost in a whisper she added: "And get something useful done. Perhaps. Once."

Seeing Kiph's sorry state, she reached out to the youngster to help him out of the pit.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:11:17 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2007, 08:10:24 AM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph's head throbbed as he slowly rose to his feet again. "Scorpion" they chanted now, though Kiph barely heard. Ceres was looking down into the pit now, he noticed, speaking to him, though he could not hear anything over the din in his head.

He realized then, that he had managed to bite off a small piece of his own tongue during the match, and now spat the fleshy glob out with even more congealing blood.

Rising and approaching the prone body of Wolf, Kiph tested the corpse with a slight kick, then managed to grin, a bloody, red smile.

"Scorpion" "Scorpion" "Scorpion" they were referring to him, Kiph suddenly realized and for a moment stared defiantly at the crowd, drinking in their attention like a drug.

".....would the mighty Scorpion stoop so low as to join with us mortals, and have his bruises tended to?"

He now heard Ceres' words through the chaos, and looked up at his muse, ignoring all else. She was reaching out to Kiph now, to help him out of the pit, and the fatebringer extended his spidery hand to clasp hers in turn.

"How much ammo did I win us, Ceres?" he garbled, and nearly passed out again, as his goddess hoisted him out of the deathpit
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:13:04 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »

valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
Riv was focused now. This could easily be an ambush.  Ah well, if it was, at least one more would join him in the Great Fire beyond.

"Sure, you can approach.  As to whether or not you get shot depends on what you have to say. We're not too interested in shakedowns. " Riv cycled a new round into the chamber of his shotgun, an ominous mechanical sound.

"Make sure your hands are where I can see them. I don't generally hesitate on things."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"You won us quite a bit - none of the rats here believed you would last five seconds, less take the Wolf's fur to the market."
She let the barely standing Kiph lean against her, bearing no less than his full weight.
"Jon, please, ask the bookie to hand us our shells. I have to go and patch up our hero, before there's nothing left of him..."
Seeing Jon hesistate, she called directly to the bookie: "Give this boy what he deserves, and hurry!"
To the barkeep likewise she turned, her voice imperative - she was in her element, and felt her fire burn brighter with every mile she neared cursed Bleak Wood: "Hot water in a clean bowl - now!"

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »

dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
"Kiph, was it?" Said Brevil, Looking at the bloodied figure, barely seeing the man behind the gore.

Drawing a chair from a nearby table, he carefully added:

"Here, sit down while Ceres patches you up"

Eying the sustained wounds he added to no one in particular: "It looks worse than it is"

"Ceres, You look after him, I'll go get you what you need-Here, use my kit"

Unceremoniously, he dumped a small bundle of medical tools and bandages on the table in front of Ceres, and then turned around, going straight to the bar, looking for the barkeeper and the bowl of warm water which would be coming from the back at any moment.

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
By the truck:
"Make sure your hands are where I can see them. I don't generally hesitate on things."

The voice of the man hidden in the army truck was hard, almost murderous, and for a second the brown eyed boy known as Kid hesitated. His heart raced wildly in his chest as he stepped out from behind the corner, his arms above his head.

“Noble sir, please don’t shoot! I am only a messenger”, his voice was thin and clearly nervous. Kid didn’t even register the warm trickle of piss making its way down his legs. In the shanty town known as Neon there was no law except that found within establishments such as the Dragon Tavern, and only by his wits had Kid, as the other boys called him, survived the fall of Bleak Wood and the trek through the wastelands. Right now Kid wondered if his wits had finally come to an end, for this didn’t seem very smart after all.

Swallowing hard, he added “There is a man in the alley behind me, and he thinks you are just the sort of man he needs. He has a problem that he thinks you can solve, and he is willing to pay!”

Inside the Dragon Tavern
Kiph slumped into Ceres’ arms, his knees wobbling beneath him. In the corner of her eye, Ceres registered the elderly man, his head bald and his dress an anonymous green, approach her from the side. He waited patiently for a while, as Ceres, Jonathan and Brevil dressed Kiph’s wounds. Meanwhile the barkeeper bookie approached with a small bag, along with hot water in a bowl. “Your winnings, sir!” he said, handing the calf leather bag to Jonathan. Nodding he put the bowl of water on the same table Brevil had put his medical equipment.

Brevil helped Kiph onto a chair, and Ceres started working on the wounds of the lithe nomad. Finally the dressing had ended, and the cheering abated. The bald, elderly man in green approached. “Greetings, Scorpion, third fighter of the pit” he said, his voice full of respect. “I am Dragon, the owner of this establishment, and I must say that you just gave me a delightful surprise”. He looked at Kiph, the way a merchant appraises his wares, and finally he nodded.

“Wolf was good. He was to meet the second pit fighter in a week, but I guess she doesn’t have to worry about that now”, his smile was genuine as he handed a small cardboard box to Kiph.

“Within are your winnings, in addition to the morning star Wolf wielded” he said. 

A man came out of the pit, carrying the morning star. The Dragon nodded, and then passed the morning star on, putting it on the floor beside Kiph. It was bloody and a flap of skin, from Kiph’s midsection, still hung on it.

“Also, let me present you with this”, the Dragon received a medallion, an iron cross, from a man behind him. “We found this in the ruins below. We think it once belonged to great warriors, from before the Great War”.  “Some say it is magical…” his voice trailed off and he looked wistful for a moment.

“So, what are you gonna do now?... I could use some fighters, that’s for sure. If you stay with me, I will supply you with all the drugs and booze a man, or woman, could ever need!” he said, his eyes flickering eagerly from Kiph to Ceres and back.

<OOC>
Ceres first aid skill: 67. Dice roll: 28, a success. Even a failure would have dressed the wound, but on a success Ceres is able to patch him up, healing 1D3 damage = 2 points of healing.
(FYI: Medicine rolls are used during long periods of recreation, speeding up the natural rate of healing, while first aid is applied on the spot, like now)
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:16:56 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2007, 11:54:28 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<OOC>
The bet money:
Jonathan bet, on Ceres behalf, 50 rounds of .38 caliber. The rounds where his own.
The odds against Kiph (a small sickly looking nomad) vs Wolf (a muscle-ridden wastelander berserker) were 1 to 8. However, his winnings ain't the same currency he used, for only Jon bet with .38 caliber.

50 x .38 super caliber (Jonathan's bet money)
50 x .308 NATO caliber (7.62 x 51mm ammo)
1 x Military leather cartridge box
1 x Brown webbing cartridge belt with web loops for 30 cartridges
1 x Pair of police riot boots
1 x Smith & Wesson .38 super caliber pistol (Model SW1911 DK Pistol)

Kiph's prize:
1 x heavy morning star
1 x tin ring with dragon emblem (free meals and room at "The Dragon Tavern", as long you fight occasionally)
3 x amphetamine (In portion packs (powder))
1 x flask of medical morphine (for the wounds)
1 x Iron Cross medal

(The prize money seems geared towards future appearances in the pit, but is Kiph's to spend as he desire)
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:05:48 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
After pausing, perhaps longer then comfortable for the kid, Riv replied:

"Tell ya what, tell him I'll be over in a bit once more of my.. friends?   .. team are back here.  Or he can come to truck.  He can pick. I prefer to see who we do business with."

<ooc - Riv does not say friends...:)  >

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Jonathan helped himself to the 50 rounds of .308 NATO caliber and 30 of his own .38 special. Noticing Ceres' frown he shrugged and stated "it was my cash, Ceres", and started walking to the bar. Nodding to Brevil he said "Brevil here needs a ride to Bleak Wood. We have some data and equipment there that we really want to get our hands on, but I have lost my appetite for that kind of work and would rather sit here, at the Dragon, and feel the relative comfort of the armed guards.

Sitting down on a bar stool he smiled, "You can keep those last 20 bullets and the pistol, plus that other stuff. If you need anything, Ceres, as long as it ain't about men with guns and mutated monstrosoties, you know where to find me!"

The kid ran off and after a short while a man in a black hoodie, with a black trenchcoat on top, exited the alley. He held his hands visible in the air, though his face was impossible to see beneath the deep hood. 

"I got a job. A grisly one. I think you are the one for the job, but it requires that you kill someone in a place where law enforcement is way more strict than around here. You in, or out?" he said, his voice barely more than a whisper.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"Gotta hear the details before I say yay or nay.  Sides, in case the kid had bad hearing, I gotta see who I do buisness with. Otherwise walk."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
The man approached the truck, making sure he was not seen from the entryway to the Dragon Tavern as he slowly, carefully, pulled back the hood. Beneath was a scarred face, with myriad minute cuts marring every pockmarked feature on the face. His eyes were steel grey, making the scarred man look foreboding and sinister. There was something to this man that Riv definitely did not like. He had been near killers and psychopaths before, and this one was the worst possible kind.

"I pay well", he said, and Riv realized that he fully well understood what kind of impression he made on other people.

"In the town of Corona, there is an influential steel merchant named Henderson. He is active in the government of that town, and he has two or three personal guards hanging around his town house, but I need him DEAD!" the man looked agitated, and his steel grey eyes seemed to harden as they focused on the burning man effigy on Riv's breastplate, as if memorizing the pattern.

"I can give you lightweight body armour as a reward. I would gladly provide a vest and helmet to anyone who would accept the assignment"
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Done stitching Kiph, Ceres examined her work. The boy would look like a puzzle, a veritable labyrinth of scars, before too long. A little poppy milk she gave him, to take the edge off the pain - a fair trade if there ever was one.

Jon deserved his share for risking, she did not doubt that. Well - sometimes, people mistook her normal facial expression for a frown, especially lately. "You have to work on your public relations skills, Ceres" she chastised herself, and packed up Kiph's trophies. "Come, young man, I'll help you to the truck. Enough glory for today, and if I have any say in the matter, for the rest of the week!" To Bevil, she nodded: "Thanks. If you want a ride to Bleak Wood, hop on board. A friend of Jon's is a friend of mine."

Personally, she had seen enough monsters too. Likewise, men with guns. Give a man a gun, and suddenly, he's all machismo and violence.

Outside of the sweaty alehouse she went, ready to move on from this filthy den, towards their truck that patiently waited in the street.

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"How bout I talk it over with my crew - ain't my truck, so I gotta convince em.  I'll be back in an hour or so with my answer.  If I don't show, well, you'll have your answer. "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph imbibed the poppy's milk, the painless sleep, like a baby suckling at a teat. Quiet now, unable even to answer the Pit Boss who had asked him to remain in Neon as "Scorpion", Kiph allowee Ceres to escort him, prop him really, as they walked outside into the dust-drenched streets and toward salavtion....the truck.

Though Kiph had heard the man through his splitting headache pangs, he chose not to answer, though visions of gladiatorial glory, briefly flashed in front of Kiph's pink eyes, he thought of Ceres and the ring of Abak Loett and to himself decided that moment, that his fate and destiny would rather be found back at Bleakwood.

His thoughts racing uncontrollably, Kiph succumbed to the poppy's sweet embrace. Nothing hurt now. If only he could lay down for a while, just a bit, everything would be right with the world.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin