llamaenterhear



You are Here:
Episode 2, Part 1 - Decisions [DONE]

Author (Read 19488 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2007, 08:59:29 AM »
 

Murometz

  • Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3621
    Posts
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph stared at the man, unsure at first of what to say. The way the stranger rubbed his hands and licked his lips, reminded Kiph of a spider...a spider greeting a fly.

"Who are you?" Kiph finally managed unceremoniously. Kiph did not look or turn toward the back of the truck at Riv, as he spoke to the man, knowing that Scarlette and his shotgun was probably the last line of defense, if the worst would occur, but he hoped Riv was hearing the chat.

"What is this place?" Kiph tried to change the subject, then quickly added for emphasis, "The last 'crowd' that @!#$ed with us, payed the price, mister, but tell me", Kiph's voice softened, "How can you help us, and why do you want to help?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:21:50 AM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »
 

Ancient Gamer

  • Hammer of the Citadel
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3856
    Posts
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
There was a look of relief on the man's face, and he rubbed his hands even more vigorously at Kiph's reply.

"First things first" he said, "I am Dog, and I am a merchant. I deal in protection, and if you pay me, my lads and I will make sure no one touches your truck, nor your stuff". The man smiled, revealing poor teeth with pieces of meat between them. "Of course, you may elect to watch your stuff yourselves, but... alas, the citizens of Neon can sometimes be... brutal. We wouldn't want anything bad to happen, now would we?". It was a poorly veiled threat, and the nervous man stepped back, to be out of range of the scary nomad. Looking to the sides, Kiph noticed that a couple of men nodded to the sleazy merchant from the street corners.

"Now, I want you to know that whenever Dog gets paid, Dog makes sure the goods remain untouched. I got myself six men and they all have soldiering or hunting experience. Armed with combat knives, throwing knives and throwing bolts, they are the best these streets can offer!"

"As for this place, well it is Neon, stranger. Before it was just a depot and the tavern, but after Bleak Wood fell, well, our population increased tenfold".

<OOC>
Persuade (Threat): Failed, but the roll was close enough that I judge him even more nervous.
</OOC>
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2007, 01:28:23 PM »
 

Murometz

  • Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3621
    Posts
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
<OOC> Just a quick question: When he says "When Bleakwood Fell", does he mean what we already know? Or, does he mean Bleakwood, as we know it, is no more?  :shock:</OOC>
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2007, 06:15:48 PM »
 

dark_dragon

  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • 401
    Posts
    • Awards
In the Bar:

Brevil stood talking loudly to Jonathan, his large cloak trying in vain to cover his thin frame. The contrast between his milk white skin and night black cloak was stark, and drew the eyes of many of the men in the dark hole. He looked out of place, in very much the same way a pencil looks out of place in a cutlery drawer.

"Jonathan I NEED to go back! Our data is there! We can't just leave it to these... beasts, these... mutants!"

"No, no, no. Don't you just dismiss me like this. You know what this data is worth as well as I do.  We Need to go back...Yes, Yes, I know we can't go alone. we have to find someone to help us"

"Yes, I'm sharply aware of what we risk." (saying this, Brevil drew down his shirt colar to reveal a large healing wound)

"I didn't get this by sharing a cup of the local vinegar over a warm fire."

"Jonathan don't give me this. I know you're scared. We both saw what they did to Askew. I'm just as scared as you are, but this has to be our top priority. We cannot leave until we get this data."

"For god's sake! You have enough cash to get us there. And don't give me that crap. We both know The data is safe in the vault."

"Fine. You physicist are all the same. You just don't have the balls to do what needs to be done. We'll see who's laughing when the spacers come down again. You'll see."

<ooc>Apologies to physicists...</ooc>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:02:38 AM by dark_dragon »
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »
 

EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • 1571
    Posts
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
"Hi Jon" declared Ceres unceremoiously, nodded to his friend, and sat down next to Jonathan. "I thought you dead - am sure glad that the fates were not so cruel."
To the barkeep, who offered his stinky brew, she gave just a blank cold stare, and turned to Jon again. "Please tell me what happened back at the town - I missed most of it, as we were in a hurry to leave, understandably so. Why is it that anytime you shake something, the scum floats to the top?"
She rubbed her chin, and spoe once more: "Please, be brief though - the boys are outside with the truck, and such a thing draws vultures."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »
 

Ancient Gamer

  • Hammer of the Citadel
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3856
    Posts
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
There was a look of astonishment on Jonathan's face, a mix of relief mixed with shame, as he quickly tried to hide the Dragon Spirits in front of him. Did she see me ogling that wench? "...Ceres... Hello" he stuttered. Quickly regaining his senses he nodded to the friend beside him. "Doctor Ceres Argenta, meet Doctor Brevil Cornell, a colleague of mine back in Bleak Wood. He specialised in mutagenes and... was involved in the G'Kraun research...", he let the words die softly, looking around to see whether they had gotten any unwanted attention. They had not.

"I thought me dead too, Ceres. Hell I even thought you dead. Not many of those I know escaped that nightmare alive", he gulped twice.

"I went back to the Academy, but it was completely overrun by fiends. That is where I found Brevil here, in process of being torn open by a Warrior G'Kraun. So I picked up a spear and I impaled the thing, yet it would not die, and we fled for over a week, before we settled down here. Now the Dragon caters to our needs. We get food and drink and... stuff in return for our doctor services. It is life of a kind to me, but not enough for Brevil here", he beamed a sad smile to both his friends, unable to look in their eyes as he spoke. Ceres understood something then and there; this man was broken. He had had enough and now he just wanted to hide away in this... place.

Sensing her urgency, he swallowed hard and then spoke, his voice a bit shaky. "Bleak Wood fell that night. No one knows exactly what happened, but we ain't getting any more shipments from the place, and the Dragon is looking for new sources of supplies. He needs help with other issues as well, but I am afraid that needs your... other skills, not the doctoring ones".

Smiling to Brevil, he added "Brevil here also needs help. He is desperate to go back into Bleak Wood, where we left behind a stash of equipment along with our research data. Data that could prove vital in stopping the mutant menace"

Brevil, the thin albino, nodded intensly.

<OOC>
Hey, Muro. Did that answer your OOC question? Kiph doesn't know exactly what it means either, though I guess we could skip the repeat and just assume he asked. :)
</OOC>
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2007, 11:04:42 PM »
 

Murometz

  • Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3621
    Posts
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph stared at Dog for a moment, and studied the man’s face, searching for something, then said,

“A shakedown eh? And you have lotsa boys on the ready, don’t you?” Kiph made a show of looking around nervously.

“We came from a fight, don’t be wanting another one, just now. I’ll tell you what. I have some ammo in the back. You want it, it's yours. not all of it, just a few rounds. Deal?  Then you tell your boys to go back to raping old ladies.”

“Oh and how do I sign up for a fight?” Kiph added casually, and grinned just then, rubbing his hands, and licking his fish lips, in bold mockery of the tough called Dog.

“Wait here, and no @!#$ing around, now. I’ll throw you a bone, Dog, but then you leave us alone.”

Without waiting, assuming he had the man planted in place at least for a few seconds, while Dog contemplated free ammo, Kiph slid into the back of the truck, and smiled when he saw what Riv was already doing.

“I like you Riv”, Kiph smiled, forgetting once more how much he didnt like the pyromaniac.

At that Kiph returned to the driver’s seat, casually opened the door of the truck and emerged, stretching his limp, nearly atrophied muscles.

Without saying another word to Dog, which seemed to slightly confuse the thug, Kiph sauntered over to the Dragon Tavern, and just before ducking inside, he turned once more toward Dog and said,

“The truck could use some ventilation, its hot in there.” Kiph giggled, knowing what was coming next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ignoring the riff-raff, many drunk, many stoned, Kiph made his way over to Ceres, that little prick Jonathan, and some new friend, Kiph thought angrily, some new paramour no doubt, hot for Ceres.

“Ceres. Bet on me. I want to test my master’s blade.” He bowed low to Ceres,  ignored Jonathan, and briefly gave an evil glance to the man named Brevil Cornell.

Turning around dramatically, he strode toward the conical pit, and found the man who looked to be in charge.

“I want to fight”
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:07:41 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2007, 03:37:46 AM »
 

EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • 1571
    Posts
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
"Oh my. Who's guarding the truck then? Kiph, don't get killed, here, Jon, bet a this on him, I will be right back."

There was no telling what might happen to Riv while he was alone. Ceres rushed outside. Why couldn't be Bakur alive? Without him, life felt like guarding a sack of fleas. If she had at least one reliable man from Corona along...
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 05:10:16 AM »
 

Ancient Gamer

  • Hammer of the Citadel
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3856
    Posts
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
The Street outside the Dragon Tavern
There was a moment of stunned silence, then Riv heard the man whistle. "You 'eard 'im lads! We're s'posed to 'elp ourselves!", the accent was thicker than when he spoke to Kiph, and Riv heard several footsteps outside the truck.

"Let us see then", a voice said, and the flap to the back of the truck was pulled aside. Suddenly Riv looked straight into the eyes of an overweight merchant huffing his way into the cargo hold, eagerly licking his lips. In the background were two men, both ruffians, anxiously trying to get a glimpse at the treasure within.

The overweight merchant froze, like a deer in the headlights, when he saw Riv and the shotgun.

******************************

By the Pit
Kiph stopped by the pit and started talking to an important looking guard, but was quickly pointed to an elderly man, sitting on a stool.

"I want to fight", he said.

At that moment the crowd cheered and Kiph looked down in the pit. Within were two men, one huge, muscled wastelander, his skin burnt from the sun and a wolfskin on his shoulders, and another, a sinewy looking thug with a spiked haircut.

The huge muscular man held the smaller guy by the neck and was bashing his head against the concrete and brick walls of the conical well. His entire face had been beaten into pulp, but still the giant slammered him into the wall, for what seemed a small eternity, before he was released. The sinewy man dropped lifelessly to the floor. Kiph had no doubt he was already dead, yet the giant lifted his right boot and stomped down on the neck of the carcass; a sickly crunch following as it snapped.

Then the crowd roared and stomped their feet.

"WOLF! WOLF! WOLF! WOLF! WOLF!"

The elderly man looked up at Kiph and smiled.

"That is great. You will fight Wolf!". There was a brief pause. "Fists or weapons? Ohhh, and if you lose you will forfeit your life and equipment to the victor!"

*********************

By the bar
Brevil and Jonathan were left at the bar. As Kiph talked to the elderly man, Jonathan nodded to the bartender. "I want to put fifty rounds of .38 caliber ammo on the stranger in the upcoming fight against Wolf"

The bartender gaped and sent him an incredulous stare, then, a few seconds later he accepted the bet.

"So, what do you think, Brevil? Will she do? She is better at this stuff than I am!" Jonathan let the words linger, awaiting a reply from the albino scientist.

<OOC>
valadaar:
There are men in the back of the van. Do something! :)

If you choose combat: The "merchant" and his goons are surprised for the duration of this round.

Murometz:
Ok. Now you must choose whether to fight with fists or melee weapons. Additionally you will be stripped on your upper chest and loincloth wearing girls will make a show out of smearing you with oil.

Meanwhile the crowd will chant "Meat for the Wolf! Meat for the Wolf! Meat for the Wolf!"

A ladder will be lowered into the pit and you will automatically win initiative, courtesy of your insane DEX.

Oh:
If you use weapons: They will be wiped before you enter the pit. There will be you, your weapon and your trousers. No ranged weapons.

</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:49:01 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2007, 07:53:44 AM »
 

dark_dragon

  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • 401
    Posts
    • Awards
"You have strange friend Jonathan."

Brevil paused for several seconds.

"Listen, I...I'm... I'm sorry. You're one of the few people that actually talked to me at the academy. I shouldn't have acted like this."

"You know that this data is my entire life. I'll go talk to your friend. Maybe she can help. Maybe she can't or won't. Its worth a shot. I never knew you went round with people like than, Jonathan. Then again, I didn't know that you came to places such as this. It seems I don't know you very well at all, then."

"Anyway. I'll try and get to the academy, and if I make it, I promise I'll have a look at you lab and try to get some of your stuff back, ok."

"I'll go see what she's so worried about. I'll be back in a minute."

Brevil looked one last time at his friend, gazed over at the pit where a commotion was starting over Ceres' friend being covered in oil, and walked outside, following ceres into the dusty sunlight. From the way she had walked out, she seemed pretty worried, so he discretely loosened his knife from its sheath in preparation for the worse. (he does not draw it out.)

<ooc>"Jonathan laughed and soon his friend joined in."-I didn't read the part about the laughing carefully. Sorry AG.</ooc>

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 11:49:15 AM by dark_dragon »
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2007, 07:57:57 AM »
 

valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 2945
    Posts
    • Awards
Riv chuckled quietly as he saw the man, seemingly part dog and part pig.  His shotgun had already been leveled at the appropriate height.

Any words the merchant might have said were cut off by the thunderous roar of a shotgun....

Not waiting to see the results of his handiwork, he immediately worked the pump to chamber a second round and tracked to where he had heard the other footsteps.  The fabric of the truck would not change things much when he sent the next cloud of buckshot downrange...

Never do things in half measure, they always say...

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »
 

Ancient Gamer

  • Hammer of the Citadel
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3856
    Posts
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
In the truck
A thunderous roar boomed through the truck as Riv squeezed the trigger. There was the familiar recoil of the shotgun, hammering against the shoulder, and the fat merchant was throttled back, pivoting in a sickening circle as buckshot ripped through his groin and lower abdomen, sending him reeling back and over the edge, straight into the face of two surprised henchmen. They were completely drenched in shredded pieces of genitalia and intestines, buckshot even tearing into the face of the leftmost one, sending him screaming down to his knees bleeding from the cheek and eyes.

The other visible henchman ran. He ran for his very life and he howled like a pig as he did so.

Riv had heard more steps, and he aimed in that direction, though he was unsure where they were now. Outside the world had turned from semi-silence to turmoil and panic. Children and women were screaming and running footsteps could be heard all over.

In the entrance of the Dragon
Ceres stood paralyzed. One second she had seen thugs eagerly circling their truck, the next she heard the thunder of gunfire and a mangled corpse came flying out the back, another ruffian falling down as well.

She looked around. People were scattering, running as fast as they could from the location. Even the goons were running, panic evident in their eyes.

"Step back lady, lest you get shot", one of the Dragon guards said before retreating inside. Looking back, Ceres noted that the crowd inside had not even heard. They still screamed for blood. Kiph's blood. 

"Yeah! I am here! I am the WOLF, baby, and I am here!", she heard the pit fighter scream, to which the patrons screamed even higher, their foots stomping rhytmically.

At that moment Jonathan's friend, Brevil, arrived and noticed the chaos and confusion outside.

"Do not worry", the other bouncer said, "we ain't allowing no one to carry firearms in here".

<OOC>
Riv rolled 22, a good hit, and on D20 he rolled 9, meaning the groin-lower abdomen area. 4D6 damage amounted to 9, a devastating amount for the poor merchant. He is not completely dead, but his masculinity suffers and he passed out. Unless he is helped, he will die within a couple of rounds.

The other guy, one of those behind the merchant, is also out. He took half damage, meaning 5, in the face, tearing up eyes, nosebone and cheek. He is blinded and screaming like a madman.

Riv is now one buckshot poorer than before.

Ceres:
It quickly looks like no one does anything about Riv. He made his point and the guards of the Dragon, what passes for law in these parts, doesn't seem to want to bother him.

Brevil:
No worries. You are doing fine! Glad to have you aboard!

Kiph:
You are up!
</OOC>




Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
 

valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 2945
    Posts
    • Awards
Crap! I was aiming for his head.  Gotta check that barrel!

Riv might be a bit unstable, but not totally crazy, so he paused - ammunition is expensive.  He did not expect the henchmen to cluster up like they did, but was unsure of how many might still be out there.  Hopefully any more would be too afraid to further f^&k with the truck. 

So, Riv moved to put some of the trucks metal between himself and the outside world, and carefully listened. He also folded out his bayonet, the keen blade complimenting the massive barrel of the shotgun.







   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
 

Ancient Gamer

  • Hammer of the Citadel
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3856
    Posts
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<OOC>
Sorry, did not get that part about aiming. You can do called shots in this system, provided the GM isn't too thick skulled to get your intention ;)

Unless otherwise noted, I roll D20 for hit location. Aiming deducts a little from time required and percentage, but not too much
</OOC>

In the Pit
Looking at Kiph, Wolf continued taunting.

"I am riiiiiight HERE, baby! Come get some! Come taste the WOLF! I am the one running the show around here!"

Pointing at Kiph, he flexed his muscles, kissing his right biceps.

"YOU! Come down here, NOW!"
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »
 

Murometz

  • Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3621
    Posts
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
<OOC> HAHAHAHA, nice! coming down soon, AG, let me finish some work. rofl!</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:46:54 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2007, 12:46:50 PM »
 

valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 2945
    Posts
    • Awards
<ooc>Nope, AG. Am perfectly happy with the outcome.  2 for the price of one! :P

Now I just need someone to screw up getting firewood at a certain cabin...</ooc>
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »
 

EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • 1571
    Posts
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
Ceres marched over to the truck, inspecting the blood puddle, and its originator, the squirming 'merchant', if one dared to call him so. Bloated from unlawful gain and gluttony was he, squealing as he could not bear the pain he so eagerly inflicted upon others.

Still, Ceres could not let him suffer, though he may deserve it. "Morphine for you, I guess" she uttered and rammed Trollblandir into his chest, between the fourth and fifth rib, and twisted the hefty blade in one resolute motion.

The second man was blinded, stumbling around even as his fellows ran. <OOC: I finish him too, if convenient </OOC>

Wiping the blade with sand, she looked around for any other accomplices of the obtrusive scrooge. She could not abide the greed-driven scum that filled the wastes, and sprang up whenever one turned his back. Is a doctor not supposed to heal, to remove sickness? The question was - was this task limited to the body, or to be extended upon the people as a whole?

Pondering fundamental questions, she turned to Riv and spoke in a matter-of-fact voice: "Excellent job, mister Riv. Remind me to grab some iron plates if we run across them - I think we might want to fix up the back of the truck with some slits to fire out of, and reinforce the walls. Also, the front bumper might use, say, a piece of a railroad track."

Trollblandir clean, she added, before returning to the tavern: "If I shall fetch you a drink or meal, please say so."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 02:55:58 PM »
 

valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 2945
    Posts
    • Awards
"Well, the entertainment has been provided, so a meal and a drink for us would be much appreciated." said Riv, his grin unseen by Ceres. Quieter he said "Might want to check the dog's pockets and grab his weapons, unless you want me to. Besides, shells ain't cheap.."




   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2007, 03:59:05 PM »
 

EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • 1571
    Posts
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
"Suit yourself - anything on him is yours" Ceres agreed, "and I will return with something semi-edible shortly.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
 

Ancient Gamer

  • Hammer of the Citadel
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3856
    Posts
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
In addition to their weapons, it turned out the sleazy merchant wore a pouch on the side of the hip, just scant inches from the hit location. It was unharmed and Riv could just lift it off the mangled corpse; the belt had been split in two by his powerful salvo of buckshot.

The ruffian in the "merchant's" employ had been struck in the neck by a blow from Ceres' sword as she finished them off, and with effort Riv removed the cloth backpack he wore. It was a grotesque job, with the partially removed head lolling back and forth as he struggled to get it off. At the corners he could sometimes see people gazing, but as soon as he drummed his fingers against the side of his shotgun, everyone disappeared, not to be seen until minutes later.

Additionally, the third fleeing warrior had dropped his combat knife in the dirt.

Riv jumped back into the truck, bringing his loot with him.

Now let me see, hmmm...

<OOC>
Loot list:
3 x combat knives with sheaths
5 x throwing knives with sheaths
1 x leather belt

Big pouch, leather:
3 x birdshot shotgun shells (ammo is currency)
20 x .22 caliber ammunition
1 x mysterious and advanced looking wrist PDA without any apparent power source

Textile backpack (Quilted):
11 x .38 caliber regular ammo
2 x canned beef meat (produced in Corona)
1 x battered syringe partially filled with grey goo
2 x salted human noses, female
45 x human teeth
1 x worn plush bear

Ruined clothing and belt
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:07:58 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2007, 06:22:03 PM »
 

valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 2945
    Posts
    • Awards
Score!, thought Riv.

The birdshot rounds were nice.  He could easily remove the little pellets and load them instead with buck, or perhaps some of the .38 bullets (not the full cartridge, of course).  <ooc> I've messed with shotgun shells when I was young and stupid - its possible if you are careful..</ooc>

Even if he didn't use the ammo, it made good 'cash'. 

The noses and teeth surprised Riv. Must have been some type of trophies.  He wouldn't keep such trinkets - only the insecure needed reminders of past victories.  Life was enough for that.

Now the weapons and other stuff, well those were spoils and quite useful!

There were more knives then he could use.  He'd let Kiph and Riv have them if they wanted, or sell them if they didn't.

Yes, fat man, there was ammo in the back of the truck, though not the way you wanted, eh?

 

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »
 

Murometz

  • Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3621
    Posts
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
“Meat for the Wolf!”

Once down in the pit, the acoustics made the chant thunder inside Kiph’s head. Badblood stared at his ferocious opponent, and studied the man’s every move. Muscled rippled, as the giant flexed and hollered in Kiph’s direction, now brandishing a cruel and gruesome blood-crusted morningstar in his beefy paw.

Kiph tensed suddenly, and momentarily went rigid, as he felt hands caress his chest. He was staring so intently at Wolf, he had not realized twin buxom attendees of the female persuasion had sidled up to Kiph, one from each side, and began to spread oil across his scrawny, pimple-ridden chest and back. If they were disgusted by the occasional open, pus-oozing postule, they did not show it, smiling with luxuriant  wine-dark lips, and gently jiggling their heaving chests, as they inhaled and exhaled. Kiph froze, then slowly grew warmer, unable to focus on the task at hand, his head suddenly heavy. He stared at the bare-chested, jiggling slave-girls, clad only in loincloths and thought thoughts most depraved, his nipples more erect than theirs.

His skin tingled. “This cant be happening now”, Kiph muttered suddenly, then grunted twice audibly, and quickly looked down at his loincloth. Too late, it had happened. Badblood had soiled himself, then and there, his sexual sensitivity enhanced, his adrenaline throbbing, from his fear of the coming death match.

The oil-glistening whores withdrew just then, and Kiph exhaled.


Having recovered his composure somewhat, he looked upon his enemy and once more heard the crowd. One man spat at Kiph from above, an old toothless @!#$er, and must of had great aim, for the phlegmy glob landed right above Kiph’s eye.

Kiph wiped the moisture with his hand and sneered at the crowd. Slowly he raised the Master’s Weapon. The Stiletto of Perfection, then carved a long thin, deliberate line across his own flesh, from shoulder to wrist, grinning as red blood pored forth greedily, spider-webbing across his arm and torso. In his other hand he held the machete aloft, though with less confidence than he held his master’s gift

Still smiling now, despite his pounding heart, he took two hesitant steps forward..

The Juggernaut called Wolf, considered Kiph’s steps the start of the match, and suddenly ran directly at the Fatebringer, his brutal morning-star gripped tightly and raised with unabashed intent to kill.

“I’m coming, baby! I’m cooooooming!!” Wolf growled with glee as he came

Kiph panicked for a half-second, than made his choice. He was faster, much faster than the brute, yet much weaker. Kiph decided to let the giant come, and attempt to duck, parry and disable the morning-star hand with the machete, and twist, coming up the behemoth’s side, and plunging Loett’s Boon into the Wolf’s ear canal.

“That is the plan. Stick to it Kipher-boy” he scolded himself, or you’ll be Wolfmeat.

“For Ceres” He whispered, “For Bakur” and glided the stiletto, flat-side down, against his bright, red, arm, drenching the steel with his own lifeforce.

“You’re coming, but I already came!” he shouted and braced himself, ready to spring like an ocelot.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 11:16:19 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2007, 05:49:36 AM »
 

EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • 1571
    Posts
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
Standing in the doorway again, Ceres gazed into the pit to see the tiny frame of Kiph stand defiantly aganst the hulking feature that was Wolf. "Call me a fool, Bevil, but I should have looked twice before allowing Kiph to go down there. By Lenin's beard, I should have known that the kid has no idea what he's doing!" she muttered. "Like guarding a sack of fleas, truly."

"Wait for me here - I have to go in there. Once I return, we can discuss your wish to come along."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2007, 08:19:40 AM »
 

Murometz

  • Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • 3621
    Posts
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
As the giant rushed in, a maniacal jumble of muscles and rage, Kiph bit down on his own tongue hard, tasting the coppery blood pooling in his mouth, wincing in pain, with tears streaming down his eyes. If his manuevers didnt work, the Fatebringer was now prepared to bite Wolf as well.
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves
 

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 09:41:08 AM »
 

dark_dragon

  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • 401
    Posts
    • Awards
Having just come out of the Dragon, Brevil heard the shot resonate from the truck. The man fell in a shower of blood and the crowd quickly parted. he barely had time to unsheath his knife before Ceres slid her sword between the fat man's ribs. Taken by surprise, he could do little else than stand here, stood between the two guards with his knife held in his hand as he witnessed the 'doctor' hand out her remedy.

Well, If this is what they do when they stop at a strange town... I guess they'll be able to take me to Bleak Wood.

If I survive this, Jonathan, I'm going to have to ask you a couple of interesting questions about how you ever met with these people.

I better not check out the truck just quite yet. The guy with the shotgun looked pretty serious


Giving curious glances to the two guards, who looked just as surprised as Brevil, He made a show of sheathing his knife, and walked back into the now electrified atmosphere of the Dragon, and, on second thoughts, decided to discretely ready a nanite stimulant dose should he ever need it. From a quick glance at the pit, He could tell that it may very well have to use it on the poor kid, who was pretty much outmatched against the Wolf in term of weight and power.

Before anything goes wrong, Brevil intercepted Ceres:

"Hang on! we may not have to break this out into an all out war with the locals. I'm guessing the wolf won't kill him outright, if we play our cards right, we could do this without fuss."

"Here's what I 'd like you to do if it goes sour for your friend:"

He brought his voice down and approached the horned one closer.

"We'll throw him one of my Mutine XII nanite injector. I don't reckon that the crowd will see it, as they're already pelting the pit with trash -You just have to convince him to use it. It won't be pretty, but you'll not have to slaughter everybody within a one mile radius."

"Then again, I'd rather you give him a few minutes, you never know, he might get lucky..." And I'm rather fond of my injectors. He failed to add.


<ooc>Mutine XII: The XII mixture enhance strength and constitution, at the cost of intelligence and an increased bloodlust / brutality. The mixture goes way beyond stereoids: 1 dose: Drastically enhanced physical fitness. Lowered intelligence and increased aggressiveness</ooc>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:43:37 AM by dark_dragon »
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick