llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Episode 2, Part 1 - Decisions [DONE]

Author (Read 37702 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Episode 2, Part 1 - Decisions [DONE]
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<OOC: Stay tuned for character skill increases and other stuff later today>

At the Mountain Cabin:

The goggles rolled and bounced on the sweaty silks before they were stopped by a chaotic heap of pillows. It had been fun, experiencing the whole séance in nuances of green, but now the oil lamp was lit and the fun was over. Kiph wavered, energy drained from the exertion. He looked over at the prone form of Abak Loett. The old bastard still slept, moaning in his sleep; obviously he hadn’t heard a thing. Well, the FateBringer Master was generous with his concubines in any case. Looking over to Tiana, the third and newest concubine of Abak Loett, he felt a renewed tinge of desire. She hadn’t redressed, but was dipping her hair in a pail of water.

I should do the same. I probably smell worse than Bakur does by now

Bakur had been one of them, a business partner in this trade venture of theirs. He was dead now, left behind in Bleak Wood, his body decomposing in a hole covered up by stones and sand. Bleak Wood… What a horror that had been. A spacer aircraft had been expected to arrive, but something went wrong and the d**n thing plummeted burning from the sky. It tore through the city like some infernal plough, devastating everything and breaking free the herd of mutant G’Kraun Enfatah imprisoned within the South Wall Storage Facility. The grey horrors with blades for hands had then engaged in wholesale slaughter, lacerating and dissecting the population of Bleak Wood. As Kiph and his friends fled town, everything was aflame and rioters had taken to the streets. Bakur had bought it when a tattoed tribal shot him in the chest just as they drove out of town.

Kiph snapped to reality as Tiana walked up to him, pressing her chest against his, kissing him passionately. “I love you, Kiph”.
“Mmmm” he replied, pulling the carpet aside to peek outside. They had spent the night in the back of a truck; their field hospital and the only place in which he and Tiana could have some privacy, Abak Loett aside, but he always slept anyway. Outside the sun was rising and from the sound of it the others were already awake.

Ralkhara had been gone for a long time now. The nomad PathFinder had told them not to worry. He would come back the same evening. That was four days ago.

Ceres rubbed the horn jutting from her forehead. The Horned Smith they had called her back in Corona, her place of birth. “Ralkhara is not back!” she said to no one in particular. No one was close enough to hear it anyway. Not Kiph, the nomad FateBringer hiding in the truck with his little mistress. Not the other two concubines that had embraced this existence wholeheartedly, and cooked and cleaned like they were meant for nothing else. Not Riv, the newcomer, an old acquaintance of Kiph, who had arrived late yesterday evening, a harried and weary look on his face.

These last weeks had been paradise for her. The peace and tranquillity was unrivalled in this distant location. There were berries to be gathered, mountain deer and hares to hunt and even canned supplies in the goods brought along by Abak Loett, the sick FateBringer Master. But now she felt this growing unease, her senses crying out to her. Whatever happiness had existed at this place, she no longer felt at ease here.

Riv watched as the canned beans fried in the pan, the tomato sauce boiling. The fireplace was burning brightly, the flames hungrily devouring the firewood. Like me then. It burns with a passion so deep and sincere. A slab of deer meat had already been prepared and his nostrils flared as he inhaled deeply, savouring the smell of food. His luck was incredible, he just could not believe how fortunate he was; to stumble upon Kiph in the mountains like this. Kiph didn’t seem angry anymore either, which was generous of him. Anya had been a severe blow to him, and discovering her in bed with Riv hadn’t made things easier. That had ended their business relationship somewhat prematurely, though Riv had been square enough about it, leaving Kiph with his rightful half. Besides, he had seen what Kiph was capable of and that was not something he wished for.

“Hah!” he yelled triumphantly. Not because of Kiph or Anya, but because he suddenly envisioned the face of Oldboy Smith when he discovered what he had done. A soft whistle escaped his lips as he exhaled. “Luck is with me. I can feel it. I just feel it”.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 06:21:27 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Re: Episode 2 - Decisions
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The hum of the wind melted into the song of a distant ocean she had never seen, and the stars flared incessantly, almost painfully bright in the clear skies. Lost in thought, Ceres traced the new scar that ran along her leg, courtesy of the Bleak Wood incident. A thin slightly lighter line ran from her ankle to the knee, resembling a bleak road like the one that was hers almost since she left Corona.

Man had been given too few years - the Author gave him but enough ink and parchment to write one short tale. She felt like she was scribbling doodles on it. The locale may hav been serene, sustenance abundant and danger absent, but she brought all the trouble one might need with her.

No, the young woman was not depressed by her percieved failure - she hated it. The loss of the armors to the bandits, soon followed by all their merchandise and companion in the madness back at Bleak Wood. Jonathan was gone too - and with him likely the option of accessing what knowledge was kept in the city's archives and the minds of its scholars. All the quests she undertook for that one prize, one fate would ever deny her.

There, in the middle of nowhere, Ceres had more than enough time to ponder whatever unpleasant thought crossed her mind - she was not of much use in hunting nor standing watch, and failed to find common ground with Abak Loett or his girls. Indeed, she wished to do something that mattered, something that would make her grow. There is a long way from surviving to actually living.

The turmoil within was concealed by a chill serenity without as she sat there, on a large flat rock ovrseeing the valley below, and watched the clouds roiling on the horizon, reminiscent of what she imagined the sea would be like.

Perhaps... going back, to face fate once more, to wrest what was hers and all the people's from its grasp. To wipe the feeling of failure. To be alive.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »

valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
Riv took out his knife and carved a good sized portion of the venison, and quickly devoured it.  A little rare, but just the way he liked it, bloody and too hot.  A little pain lets you know you're alive

The odds had turned in his favour.  His pursuers, offended at just a little housefire that just happened to roast that prick, should probably catch up with him in a day or so.  With only one of them with a gun, he had originally figured he could get a few of them before he fell, but now with at least two other allies, maybe he could actually surivive the fight.  Yes, things were definately looking up.

With the rest of the breakfast ready, he stuck his head out the door and hollered "Grubs on! Come and get it!".

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:21:02 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Caught up in thought, Ceres at first did not percieve Riv' words. The scent of meat nad hearbs though easily circumvent her tangle of thoughts and spoke directly to the stomach.
A protracted rumble from her abdomen snipped off her ponderings, and she rose. Brooding may be a great way to spend time, but it does not confer many calories.

Sitting in the kitchen, she eyed her portion of the venison, took a sharpened branch and proceeded to roast it in the fireplace, studying it as if it as some strange alien creature. Not looking at him, she spoke to Riv. "You might consider roasting that meat more thoroughly, mister. Otherwise, you'll catch trichinellas, and they'll turn your muscles to swiss cheese."

Considering the topic closed, she turned to the sizzling meat again. Really - in the wastes, the maxim was "cook it or forget it". She shook her head absent-mindedly. Some people...
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 09:27:50 AM »

valadaar

• Emperor
[ooc - actually there was a bit of delay between him helping himself, and then serving it.]

"Yes mom," Riv said.  He'd eaten much worse then slightly rare venison - you'd be surprised what you would eat in the deserts....
She probably was right - dying of disease was not in his plans.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Somewhere in the Wastes
3 days ago

The small, wiry figure adjusted his grey cloak, pulling the hood further up to block the sun. His lips were parched, and his black, unkempt hair full of sand. With a slight limp he slid closer, his head on level with the dry bushes that covered this part of the desert. He had finally found her, the figure he had spotted on the horizon earlier. She had collapsed in the sand, her huge, muscular frame still twitching slightly. Five crossbow bolts were embedded in her back, and he quickly retrieved them, wiping off blood on his ragged cloak. The female mutant was twice as high as Ceres, and her arms were enormous. Earlier she had lost her weapon; a chain attached to a metal barrel, apparently a crude ball and chain, though he could barely imagine someone using the huge weapon. Ralkhara adjusted one of the black strips of cloth that covered his face, inhaling deeply as he did so. All of a sudden there was movement on the left shoulder of the beast, and Ralkhara noticed an eye there, blinking open then focusing on him. The right arm of the mutant jerked into action and all the nomad pathfinder could do was to hit the sand to avoid being crushed, and then roll quickly sideways and out of reach. The Troll, as mutants like this one were called, had several spasms, and then it stopped moving.
Ralkhara did not move over to make sure it was dead. He did not prod it with a stick, nor did he wait around to check if it moved again. Instead he limped hurriedly away, towards his motorbike. If there were others they would probably look for her, and he would do well to remove himself as far as he could from the beast before they found her.

Back at the Mountain Cabin
Now

The shouting of Riv and the smell of breakfast woke the two concubines known as Hertha and Maliphene. Hertha was the first concubine of Abak Loett and her feminine charms were fading every year that passed. For a woman of her stature she was ancient, the very first that Abak fell in love with and, infatuated and smitten with love, nearly married. In the end his father had talked him to senses, for Hertha was a woman from a poor family and she would not make a strategically wise marriage. Thus she became his concubine instead and with time love and devotion turned to duty and routine, and Abak found younger arms to sleep in, and then yet another young woman. Eyeing Maliphene with an arrogant sneer, Hertha rose from her makeshift bed and made her way to the table.
“Mirshak uthan sinsiki!” she cried in the tongue of the eastern tribes, shaking her head while doing so. Ceres, the foul blood woman, had already seated. Never one to turn down a meal, eh, foul blood. But Hertha showed no of her contempt, instead the old woman smiled warmly to Ceres. “It is good to see you awake, Ceres. I trust you slept well”, her voice was warm and affectionate.

Maliphene looked at Hertha from the bed. Oh, how the old woman was bitter, and full of hate and envy, yet she hid it so well, in layers of sickening warmth and hospitality. Like having a serpent for pet. How she despises us all and secretly blames us for her lot in life. As for Maliphene herself, she had long since come to terms with her place. She even liked it, for did not master Loett provide for her well being and craved scant little in return?  No. Maliphene would never become like Hertha, of that she was sure. And while the others ate, Maliphene brushed her hair and studied her appearance in a hand held mirror.

I wonder who this Riv is. He looks so strange, but it seems he is a friend of Kiph. Oh, where will you fit in I wonder. Are you a friend and an ally?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:47:10 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 04:37:09 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
 “Bakur, it was you or me, you understand friend”,  Kiph muttered under his breath for the hundredth time that week as he chewed on a grisly undercooked bone of some desert creature Riv had prepared, wracked by a misunderstood emotion...guilt.

If I could have taken that bullet for you, I would have” Kiph croaked quietly, convincing himself further, his mind quickly  degenerating into a  jumble of contrasting  thoughts.

His gaze wondered to Ceres, all regal and magnificent, chiding Riv for his cookery methods. Kiph gurgled in glee as he ate, enjoying watching Ceres reprimand the newcomer.

Bakur was gone now, Ralkhara as well, but Ceres remained, bossy and beautiful. As long as his Ceres was alive and well, Kiph would follow the horned goddess, through mud, blood and s**t.

Tired from the many debaucheries the pock-marked fatebringer had participated in with his master’s concubines, Kiph for once was still, leaning against the wall and watching his two companions converse. Occasionally a tic or twitch would overtake him, and he would hide his face from the others, but for the most part Kiph just stared at Ceres.

Maliphene, Hertha, and Tiana had entered the room now, as the aroma of charred meat permeated the mountain cabin.

Seeing Tiana put a brief smile, or what passed for one, on Badblood’s fish lips. Just as quickly it was gone, and replaced with a sneer, as a sudden memory of Anya surfaced. Kiph quickly  glimpsed in Riv’s direction, but the fire-lover did not notice, busy burning his own lips with still-smoking meat. “If I could put Riv in your place now, I would Bakur”, he seethed and whispered to no one but himself.

Another thought crept suddenly into his brain, and without preamble, he rose and said,

Ceres, if you let me, I will find Ralkhara and avenge Bakur!” he nearly spat out the words. “If it will please you, I will return to Bleakwood  for our possessions. If it would please you...” he droned on and on, oblivious for a moment of Riv, the concubines..
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 03:20:23 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 02:22:30 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Travelling with Kiph certainly made Ceres used to sudden outbursts, sudden changes of tone and subject.
Looking up from her chewy steak she was just peppering, she continued to do so, and turned to Kiph. "More exactly, our possessions. I was considering it, yes, but do not know whether they are worth putting our lives on the line, though."

She knew the answer well - what was it worth to live with failure? Any worth could be gained only by an attempt to stand upright again.

Still thinking, she turned her eyes to her hand, to the overpeppered steak, back to the hand, put the pepperbox down, and proceeded to eat the rather spicy meat.

"I would go, yes" she added short thereafter.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »

valadaar

• Emperor
(ooc - fine! See if Riv cooks again!  Sheesh....)

Sensing something in the tone that said something unsaid, Riv paused, and then spoke:
"Who was this Bakur, anyway?", and before waiting for an answer, " when yah planning on heading out? - I'll be happy to tag along..."

Riv had no clue who Bakur was, other then he needed avenging, and that it involved going to Bleakwood.  He had no problem with either activity, Bleakwood still took them away from ole OldBoy Smith and his patsys. And then, there were a couple unsettled debts to collect upon in that 'fair city'.

Bakur was obviously a hot button with Kiph, so Riv made sure his shotgun was close at hand, though not overtly to present a threat to his current companions...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
'I would go yes' she had said. Kiph had heard correctly and nearly began to tittter, his nerves on edge.

'Back to Bleakwood'. The thought brought mixed feelings for the neurotic Fatebringer.

Returning to Bleakwood, would mean Kiph could visit the 'special place'. It also meant trouble. The spacers had crash-landed, and were probably looking for him, he thought paranoid. Then there were the group's possessions, and Kiph was sure that Ceres would reward his unfailing loyalty to her, by giving him some of Ralkhara's and Bakur's belongings. Then there was that worm, what what his name? And that object, they had nearly lost their lives over...the..?

"What about the Ra--Rada--Radiatos?" he blurted out in Ceres direction. She was angry when the four of them had to leave the mysterious object behind. Perhaps, Kiph, thought, if he could retrieve it for Ceres, maybe, she would reward him in other ways. The thought made him shudder with near-ecstacy.

"What of you, Riv?" Kiph nearly spat the words. "You comin'? If you do, dont forget who's in charge! Right Ceres?" he glanced again at his living goddes, grinning, and daring Riv to challenge him in any way.

Who was this Bakur, anyway?", and before waiting for an answer, " when yah planning on heading out? - I'll be happy to tag along..."

"Bakur was a...friend" Kiph said softly. "He died saving my life." (which was true, in fact, in Kiph's warped sense of reality)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 03:35:18 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Riv knew enough about Kiph to know he was as batty as a bedbug, so it was good to find out his current 'buttons'.

One button now seemed obvious enough.  Ceres.  The bugger's whipped, thought Riv.  He needn't worry on that regards, the mutie didn't interest him in the slightest.  No wonder Kiph was still icey from their last meeting - he actually cared what  women think.

No, muties did not interest him - his people prided themselves on their pure blood.  Though Riv did not really know it, his people had been spared much of the radiation - being far from any targets, and smart enough to stay away for that first critical week, they were subject to less radiation then most, and kept their genomes mostly intact. 

"Well, I'll follow your lead - just let me know who we need to keep an eye out for.  Ready when you are.."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 05:46:10 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"The whole place is a mess, as far as I know - with tribals running amok, the warden most likely as well, and those war beasts, the En'Fatah or how they are called, most likely still somewhere too. Likewise, the town is ripe with opportunity." More as an alibi for herself she uttered after a brief pause: "It's dangerous. I still am not sure whether we should go. I guess Bakur would have, and Ralkhara as well."

A few seconds of silence later, she added: "If we were to vote, I would vote 'yes' though. Let's get what is ours, and save what can be saved."

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 12:49:02 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"Even cookings dangerous," said Riv with a grin, " so lets get this show on the road.  Anyone got any spare explosives?"

He expected that it would be overlong before his persuers found this camp, hopefully after they had been gone for a while. Would be nice to leave a dangerous surprise for them.....

He looked about the interior of the cabin.  It was well built, and wooden. 

Even cooking's dangerous...... Hmmmm....

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 01:33:09 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"Now that you are asking - I do have a few at the bottom of my luggage... why?"

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph was already outside, examining the truck Ceres and him had driven, as they got the hell out of Bleakwood and into the desert. After a few pulls and kicks, he managed to get the driver's side door opened. Before hopping inside, he brushed some of the broken glass aside, and ran his spidery finger along the blood-stained seat. He then lifted his finger to his face, examining the blood, and then licked it lovingly.

"Mmmm, Bakur." he murmured and then proceeded to prick the same finger, allowing some of his own blood to flow and mix with Bakur's drying lifeforce. He put a small vile to his bleeding digit and allowed the glass container to fill a quarter way up.

"Now Bakur, we can kill together. Next time I kill, you can share in the thrill."

Satisfied with his attempt to "channel" his oafish erstwhile companion, Kiph now climbed inside and revved the engine loudly, while checking all the guages.

"This machine is ready, Ceres" he screamed toward the cabin.

"G'Kraun" he then said to himself and spat, while looking into the rear view mirror at his own twitching, pock-marked face. "We'll be ready this time"

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:55:17 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 03:09:54 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"Well, to be honest, there might be somebody following us, and it might be a good idea to be gone quickly.

When they come in here, they will likely check how warm the fireplace is to see how long we've been gone, right?

So whatcha got?  Somethat easy to rig with a tripwire would be nice.  Anything with fire would be nice too..."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"Mining plastics, mister, and thanks a lot for telling us so soon that you're being tailed. As if we did not get shot at enough. So, whom did you piss off? How many guns, men, dogs?"

Ceres rubbed the base of her horn and observed Riv from below her eyebrows.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Riv and Ceres both felt the sudden change in the first concubine. Her honeyed words were gone and she was tense, her behaviour creating an icy atmosphere inside the room. "Well, you may all leave for Bleak Wood" she said crisply, "but Loett and his concubines will certainly not be coming with you, whether there are pursuers on the trail of this man or not".

"No" she said, pausing for a mere second, "we shall raise his grand tent in a secluded spot, away from prying eyes, and we shall nurse him back to health. So say I, Hertha, for now that my master cannot speak for himself, it falls to me to make such decisions".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 04:13:29 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Ceres just nodded. "Suit yourself, woman. I never suggested that you and your unconscious master should return to Bleak Wood, nor did any of us. Let your paranoia rest and make any preparations you need."

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 06:33:19 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"Well, I didn't want to spoil the mood. " Riv grinned, "Sides, would not change much - they are a day or so behind.  .  Consider it good motivation for me to stick with you.  I'm sure you can use another gun where your going."

"Mining plastics are nice, but tricky to rig.  Too bad you've no 'nades - they are easier to rig.  Hmmmm. To answer your question, 'bout eight, one gun - pistol, rest got crossbows, and no dogs as far as I know. "

"Now, you might want to ask Kiph - I'm a bit of a goat," giving leering grin, " but I'm a man of my word and I deal straight.  So if you gots any questions, ask em and I'll answer em straight up."

"As for you ladies,  if those folks find you, well, lets just say they will be happy for quite some time indeed.  In fact, please stay - they'll use up time on yah. Not much though, and it's debatable what they would do with the old man - Your choice."

It was a shame really, the look in the lead concubine's eyes told him she would happily die for the old man - perhaps the thought of what the persuers would do to her....  Fanatics.  How stupid. 

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 08:50:04 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Hertha rose from her chair and left the table. A nod signaled to the other concubines that they should follow her example. There was a short pause as they hesitated, but it took only ten seconds before they were outside. Tiana noticed Kiph in the truck and stole a glimpse of him before she joined the others in the back of the flatbed truck. Loett slept there, fevered dreams giving him nightmares.   

"Unload the truck of our equipment!" Hertha barked, her voice quivering slightly with nervousness.

<OOC: The concubines will have to unload the great tent, which is heavy, and the crates and chests of Abak Loett. They also have to carry Loett to their new spot. While proud and not going to ask for help, they will accept it. >
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:55:02 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
<OOC> oh crap, i forgot about Abak Loett!!!! Duh! He's only my master! Blaaaargh. Sorry AG, Will post re: Abak Loett tomorrow moirning!</OOC>
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 11:42:45 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Kiph looked into the rear-view mirror briefly, spying the concubines, thought for a moment, then bolted suddenly from the truck   .

My mind is eroding like cancerous tissue, Kiph thought as he ran to help the women unload abak Loett's chests. The Last Gambit had done too much damage. No man could take that abuse, no man but me! he said to himself proudly, his thoughts dangerously close to delusion once more.

He had forgotten about his master, while busy admiring Ceres, mistrusting Riv, and thinking of d**nable Bleak Wood.

The rev on the truck’s engine subsided now into a low, gurgling hum, as Kiph helped carry the heaviest and bulkiest of Abak Loett’s possessions, before suddenly losing patience, and making his way over to the Master himself. Abak Loett looked to be in a bad way. But something confused Kiph, something he missed, the master’s wounds did not seem as bad as the master’s current countenance.

“Master Loett, wake now” Kiph purred in a voice his companions had never heard before, and were not present to hear now. He sounded almost as if he cared. Human. A soft prod from one of Kiph’s spidery fingers, touched one of Abak Loett’s wounds.

“Master Loett. Can you hear me? It is Kiph” The younger fatebringer whispered, as he examined Abak's prone form.      .

“Woman!” Kiph yelled to Hertha suddenly. "Heal thy Master! Do it now!” he hissed, his brief tender moment gone now.

“The Master knows too many secrets. He must live.” he cryptically babbled and sat lotus-style in front of the venerable Fatebringer, in twitching vigil.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 11:56:40 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 02:47:47 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
<OOC>
Great Muro! Now, there is little that Kiph can do to make the master wake up. Loett has been examined by Ceres, pre-game, but she could only make him conscious for short periods of time. If you want to have him wake up, we can play that out and Echo must post. If no one has posted within 24 hours from this post, I speed the game up, write what happens in response to Kiph's actions, and start rolling the dice, checking what, if anything, happens on your way to Bleak Wood (among other things).

Also, if Riv wants to booby trap the cabin, somehow, valadaar should post something to that effect. The more ingenious the idea, the higher the bonus to the applicable skill roll, and vice versa. I will assume that the concubines are informed of the booby trap. If not, explicitly say so. ;)
</OOC>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:51:52 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 05:32:39 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Rummaging through her luggage, Ceres handed a bundle of plastic explosive and a detonator to Riv. "Here you go. Rig it so that plenty of them have time to get into the blast area before it goes off, and make sure it has plenty of debris to pick up." Ceres twitched as she remembered a mining accident... any blast picks up loose rubble and hurls it with deadly force, machines become jagged shards of iron, and men bud red stains on the walls...
Focusing her vision on the explosives again, she asked Riv: "Will one bundle be enough? I do not wish to spend the whole stash - it may come in handy in the future."

Not wishing to be anywhere close when Riv tampered with the booby trap, Ceres wandered off to check upon th old nomad again. Abak Loet was in bad shape, and it pained her to leave the helpless man, no matter how depraved he may in fact be, behind to his fate. Reaching for her bag, she contemplated what could be done for him. No sense in losing a man who might be grateful to them; likewise, there was little sense in having a distraught and nervous Kiph along - well, more nervous than usual.

Ceres shook her head as she spied the frantically meditating youngster, who was blissfully unaware that his activity in itself was an oxymoron.

<OOC> Roll Medicine, see what can be done with Abak. If nanites could help him, Ceres will emty the half-full nanite dose into him.