llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Convergence (Chap IV)  (Read 47779 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
Re: Convergence (Chap IV)
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2007, 08:51:16 PM »
Tristan looked over at his companion and fellow Triguian, wondering just exactly what he was doing with the various materials he was whipping together. "Brother, what exactly are you doing? I'm not sure if we have the time to work on this, useful though I'm sure it would be. Those monsters appear to be gearing up for another attack. We need to stop them, post-haste!"

<OOC: I'm assuming that the two priests have gone far enough up the trail to see the verbeeg ahead, and make a decent guess as to their actions, even with the distance? If so, spot check to see how many verbeeg there are waiting as archers.>
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:57:01 PM by Chaosmark »
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2007, 09:01:47 PM »
<OOC> Quite so, yes. And the Spot check is successful. Two crossbowmen sidewind from the group of four to take position.</OOC>
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:29:53 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2007, 09:10:49 PM »
<OOC: Is it possible to flank them? Or is there no angle that allows an undetected approach?>
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
As clumsy fingers continued their muddy work, the injured soldier frowned, and shook his head faintly. "Do you not recognize it, brother? I have decided to pay back the loan they have given us, and have decided to return it along with a payment of usurious interest." An ungauntleted hand took a brief moment to wave at the throat above it, injured and yet painful. "And they seem the sort that would expect a criminal return on their investments. I do not believe I can return the favor by hand, and so, I would deliver it from afar."

A moment to survey his handiwork, a noncommittal grunt, and the fallen paladin pulls one of the blood covered bolts from his belt, the words of a hymn coming to his mind, and then to Adan's silent lips, moving in course with the ancient song, though unvoiced.

(OOC: I guess I need my rolls on making an improvised longbow, from staff and wire. Wire worked through the ironwork / studding at the end of the staff.)

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2007, 01:09:22 AM »
"No more good morning, travelman," rumbled the mud-doused Volgottir.  Pointing down the slope toward their unseen quarry, Vorodon tried to clarify the problem.  "Verbeeg liar for on road no far.  Travelman, like want go other road, no trouble.  Road here has trouble."  

Gazing at the overladen traveler, Vorodon wondered if he should also advise him that there had been mudslides in the area.  He decided against it; the man would doubtlessly notice sooner or later.
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2007, 12:23:58 PM »
Judging from his basic appearance, this was no man, but an ogre…or at least partly. His broken common tongue was a bit hard to understand. This will be fun…
Quickly he considered his options. With as much of an accent he could muster, he called on his rudimentary knowledge of the ancient ogre tongue and hoped.

My name is Kasin Mirinar. I am traveling to Jantir, and this seems the most direct route. I haven’t the time nor desire to change course now. Who are the Verbeeg, and why should I avoid them?” He pulled out a water skin from the folds of his robes and, brushing the long red tendrils of red hair hanging in his face out of the way, offered it to the ogrish fellow.
He smiled broadly, a slight twinkle in his eye “Perhaps…” the twinkle in his eye turned a bit more mischievous “I might assist you in some way. It seems only fair for having warned me of some impending danger or other. There is strength in numbers, or so I’m told.” He looked up at him from his rather modest height.
I think two is a number I might be more comfortable with…if you don’t mind.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
~Henry L Mencken

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
Aerex watched cautiously as Vorodon spoke to the hooded man some distance away.  "Wonder what they're saying," he murmured, his hand resting just above the hilt of his rapier.  Still covered in mud, Matare was on edge, and who wouldn't be?  Mud slides, giants, mysterious hooded men - it was all a bit much.  He folded his arms and walked over to Talia.  "Well, Voro hasn't ripped him in half yet," he commented.  "That's probably a good sign."  He smirked slightly at his own joke.  His face turned serious again.  "You sure you're okay?" he asked.  So soon after Aerex had her, she was nearly lost to the earth.  It wasn't something the ranger took lightly.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »
Talia nodded slightly.  She was still watching Voro and the stranger, her hand on one of her fans.  "I will be.  That sort of thing..."  She shrugged.  "Bad memories, which bring out a lot of fear that I really should be old enough to push aside now.  That was the worst of it; I wasn't hurt all that much."  Then, more to herself than to him, she muttered, "I hate being weak."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2007, 06:35:13 PM »
"We all have our weaknesses," he said softly.  "No one's invincible.  Everyone has to push those fears aside, keep death away for another day.  I think that's just how life is."  He reached out and brushed a mud-coated lock of hoary hair from her face.  "Besides, you're still here.  That's what counts in the end."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »
"But it's such a childish weakness..."  As he brushed her hair away from her face, she smiled slightly.  "I suppose so."  She relaxed the slightest bit.  "Thank you."  Then she craned her neck to peer at Voro and the stranger again.  "It's taking longer than I expected."  Although, as Aerex had said, it was probably a good sign that Voro hadn't attacked yet.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2007, 12:09:33 PM »
"Apparently, I am weak as well, Talia. Will you let me confess my weakness, damsel fair?"
A tense pause ensued, with eyes turning towards him.
"I know it is inappropriate, but... my weakness... is that I ... suffer from a lack of patience. I will have to interrupt Vorodon's rural encounter, lest we all take root, and the hill folk partake on Kyrian fruit next autumn."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:15:23 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
Aerex let the elf catch a brief, seething glare before speaking.  "He's right, we probably ought to head over there.  If they're not hostile, we might want to have someone a little more soft-spoken than Voro do the talking."  He glanced at Talia, then stepped back.  "Lead the way, Sir Knight," he offered, gesturing politely.  "Surely you can charm the stranger with your chivalry."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
Talia rolled her eyes at Kyrian, but fell into step behind him.  The man knew how to ruin a moment...  It couldn't be helped.  Although some day, she meant to tell Aerex more about it.  Kyrian had a point, she decided.  She was starting to hate this area and all the mud, and wanted to get going again.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »
Brown Borgradoc walked brazenly, yet almost casually, his watery eyes making out the new marks and potential adversaries. He could spy three from this distance. An armored knight (oyster) beside a snow-white mount (dinner), a short, wiry man or maybe half-elf (inconsequential), and a woman (woman!) with strange, silver hair, which could be seen from beneath clumps of wet, brown mud. None of the three looked to be wizards to the Verbeeg leader, and for this he was thankful.

Having bypassed the last remaining hill, between his group and the soon-to-be unfortunate travelers, the four verbeeg now came fully into view.

Sixty to seventy feet ahead the three travelers were, at the base of a large hill, which looked to the Verbeeg as if it had recently "collapsed" due to the incessant rains. The mud would be the least of their problems this day, Borgradoc thought and smiled.

"I am Brown Borgradoc" the mighty verbeeg anounced suddenly in a brash, baritone, which easily reached the ears of the adventurers-upon-return.

"All your thing are belong to us!" chimed in Yoord in harsh common, proud of himself for a moment, until Brown Borgradoc silenced him with a quick slap.

"You are travelling through my domain", continued Borgradoc, "And if you do not wish to die a slow and painful death, you will lay out your arms, step lively closer, and shed yourselves of all valuable belongings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talia stared at the giant. Were these ogres? There were four of them. Two armed with spears, one, a disturbed fellow to be sure, was on all fours, wearing an iron collar, attached to a thick leather leash, which was held by the obvious leader. This so-called, Brown Borgradoc.

<OOC> You can either chat, or if you like, we can roll initiative  :P. The four verbeeg are sixty feet away from you. They do not as of yet, spy Vorodon and Kasin. If you choose to roll initaive, I already rolled, and all you dextrous peoples won!</OOC>

<OOC> Siren, made some homebrew rolls. Your weapon is successfully made. Attack rolls using the bow however, will be difficult at best.</OOC>

<OOC> CM, well, you could try to sneak up behind them, but as per your question, the terrain indeed is not suitable for undetected approach.</OOC

<OOC>Vorodon and Kasin /can/ of course hear Borgradoc's shout, from were they are, a mere hundred feet away, but behind a small hillock.</OOC>

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:56:30 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
Aerex swallowed.  Awesome, he thought as the giants made their demands.  Verbeeg thugs are just what our day needed.  He quickly glanced over to where Voro and the stranger were.  If he could have their attention, things would be considerably easier.

Matare cleared his throat.  "Worthy and powerful Borgradoc!" he said as loudly as he could without sounding ridiculous.  "Our apologies for intruding on your domain!  As you can see, we are somewhat disturbed from our path.  We come from far-off lands to negotiate trade and treaties with foreigners.  Perhaps you, O Master of the Verbeeg, would care to create a treaty?  We do not wish to cross your laws and regulations!  Let us speak as righteous men, of great deeds and action!"  Aerex prayed that Voro or the stranger - whoever he was - would hear them and scurry over.

(OOC: Attempting to distract them with a persuasive speech - roll whatever you must. :wink:)
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2007, 10:27:02 PM »
"Oh.  Lovely."  Talia muttered under her breath.  She stepped slighly behind Aerex and slowly produced her other fan and slid it open, trying not to attract attention.  She didn't think this was going to be pretty.  The crazy one with the collar fascinated her in a disturbing way.  He was going to be dangerous.  Him and the leader looked like they were going to be the biggest threats. 

She thought for a moment, trying to decide which to focus on when they inevitably got tired of playing.  She had almost settled on the leader when she realized the other one was saying something very excitedly over and over again.  What was-  Oh.  Oh hell no.  She resisted the urge to kill him on the spot.  But when all hell broke loose (because, let's be realistic, that was inevitable), he was going to die.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2007, 10:27:27 PM »
Well, this was unexpected. The little one speaks for them. Quite eloquent too, Borgradoc thought. He has even heard of their kind apparently. He had mentioned the great race of Verbeeg by name. The verbeeg leader, likewise was not sure what exactly if anything this small man was offering. This mildly intrigued him. But only mildly.

"You speak well. Speak on, but do so quickly. Soon it will grow dark." Borgradoc answered in turn.

Yoord and Mrok sported deflated looks. Their leader was doing what they despised. He was speaking to their prey again.

Dog, also known as Ubu, began to mutter something, while kicking up mud with his meaty forearms. "Woman. Woman. Woman"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:01:47 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
Well. This wouldn't end prettily, Adan knew. There'd be more blood spilt this day, he could see it coming. With luck, very little of it would be his. No. Not with luck. With the blessings of Trigu.

It was with a brief prayer whispered on his lips, over and over like a mantra, that the cast-off began to burrow himself partially into one of the piles of mud, to use it for both concealment and protection as he shot the great bow from his prone position. Setting his feet to the shaft, and the 'gifted' Verbeeg bolt to the wire of the bow, he tested the draw weight gently, being sure not to fire too soon, as he took aim at the nearer crossbowman.

Lord Trigu, I beg of thee, grace me with the precision and strength to prevent the suffering of others at the hands of these monsters in Your Glorious Name.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2007, 03:19:29 AM »
"I call dibs on the leader" Kyrian spoke to his fellows, excited, a Jantiri accent surfacing faintly - it was there he learned the tongue of Man.

He proceeded forward, covering about a third of the distance between the parties.

"What he meant was the following - I challenge you, Borgadoc the Brown. No need nor desire to slay your motley band, no need nor desire to endanger my retainers. Step forward, and fight me like a man!"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »
Cats and Dogs

My retainers? So, this was their leader...the knight, beside a delicious looking horse, thought Borgradoc. This threw him a bit. The small man sounded eloquent. This oyster sounded arrogant, and he wasnt quite an elf. What was he?

Borgradoc considered for a moment, then unclasped Dog's leash from its collar.

"Fool. I was tired, and was considering letting you all live." He spoke loudly now, in Kyrian's direction. "You do not deserve to be slain by Great Borgradoc himself. So you can fight my dog instead"

"Kill, Ubu, kill" he whispered to the deranged verbeeg, and a moment later, the awkward, maniacal creature was charging the elven knight on all fours, without warning, quickly covering the remaining distance between the verbeeg and Kyrian who stepped forward. As he neared, Ubu reared for attack, which in his case apparently involved nothing but his teeth, long, iron-like, dirt-encrusted nails, surprising agility and prodigious strength.

<ooc> initiative re-rolled for Kyrian and Ubu. Kyrian wins. Quick question. Are you mounted or on foot?</ooc>
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:55:42 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »
Some distance behind the four verbeegs, unseen by the companions, the other two behemoths aimed their huge, wicked crossbows toward the group, awaiting Borgradoc's signal.

What was it again? Dumjakk asked himself. Fire when I raise my arm? Or when I drop it? I didnt miss the signal already, did I?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:56:30 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2007, 10:49:10 AM »
The verbeeg's threats echoed across the muddy slopes.  So... Borgradoc thought that he could threaten travelers here?  The Son of Gorye would show him why this place was called the Ogre Hills!

Turning from the traveler, Vorodon noisily rushed up the hillock dividing him from the imminent fight.  At the top, he paused for a moment, assessing his newly arrived foes, then turned back and gestured as if he were pointing to several men.  He waved a dart, signaling his imaginary troops to move behind cover around the enemy flank, then barked out “Wait for my order!” in the pidgin Hill Tongue.

Turning back, the massive myrmidon of the hills sauntered toward his foes.  The harsh syllables of the ogre's tongue came to his mind more readily than they had earlier.  “Fool Borgradoc, your lies have not gone unnoticed!  The Son of Gorye has returned, and offers mercy!  Surrender now, for you stand within the very jaws of Gora’am the Purifier!”
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:01:17 AM by Wulfhere »
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
Wonderful…a fight. I do enjoy a bit of exercise now and again” he said, a devious grin spreading slowly across his lips. Watching the ogrish fellow intently, he shed his pack off into a nearby bush. Better be careful with that, no one pays for broken merchandise…

Watching the “Son of Gorye” closely, he pulled a parchment from his scroll case. A ballad, but it would suffice…
Moving quickly, he drew his yarting from the folds of his robes, glancing up at this rather imposing man at the top of the hill. This had better work…
He rushed struggling up the hill a few yards from the ogre, dropping his robes to the ground along the way. Lifting his yarting to his chest, the parchment tucked into his belt, he began to translate the ballad on the scroll in the deepest and most booming voice he could muster, playing a haunting, dirge-like melody deftly on the stringed instrument…

<OOC Ancient languages check to make the song sound a bit more “intimidating”.>
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
~Henry L Mencken

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »
Surprises. Borgradoc did not like surprises. And this latest one seemed dire. An ogre from the village? And more behind him? This was a trap!! The evoking of Gora'am the Purifier's name did little to improve the situation.

Surrender however was not in the cards. Too late for that, if the ogre was not bluffing. Now Brogradoc grew angry at himself, for being too bold, and for "hunting" too close to Cottar's Bale. He underestimated his opponent once more.

"Kill them all! Kill them all! KILL THEM ALL!!" Borgradoc screamed, all pretenses at "enlightened villainy" cast aside, and raised his arm sky-high to signal his hidden crossbowmen. This will be a bloodfest, he thought suddenly. His time in the good graces of the stupid villagers was over now.

Yoord and Mrok hesitated only a moment, unsure of what was happening, but then rushed forward, their spears brandished, saliva flying from their mouths, as they cursed in the ugly tongue of the Verbeeg.

Borgradoc never felt fear, but concern clouded his misshappen head. Mayhaps I should escape during this fracas? The lives of his gang members mattered little to him after all. Only his own life mattered.

"Whats this now?" He suddenly looked to a nearby hillock anew. A spell singer? again? This was all too much for the Verbeeg leader. He waited for his troops to engage then began backtracking toward his hidden crossbow wielders.

All hell was breaking loose. Luckily for the adventurers-upon-return, hell breaking loose, was old hat for them. What was truly frightening, was that they preferred it this way.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 06:39:46 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »
<ooc> Ok, action time. I shall await Kyrian's attack on "Dog", but the rest of you are free to attack now. Two verbeeg are rushing madly at you, closing the distance, allowing you to attack first. (Dog is already "here", but he has eyes only for Kyrian and his horse). Two huge crossbow bolts whistle through the air, but both miss badly. Your move.</ooc>
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:21:53 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin