llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Ancestor Cult  (Read 23133 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2003, 12:00:11 PM »
Mona shivered.  Something was there, in the catacombs with them.  She didn't know what, but she didn't like it at all.  It wasn't just a feeling she had.  Something had to be moving the things that kept bouncing towards them.

(OOC:  Welcome back, Adel!  Sure you can run Jericho again.)
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2003, 11:51:50 PM »
OOC: I did read them I must have just missed something!  Still my bad!!! :oops:
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2003, 11:54:45 PM »
OOC: No problem.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2003, 12:06:31 AM »
Jericho could feel her aprehension and wanted her to be cautious he too felt the presense and  knew it was a force best left alone.  The catacombs were dark as night an they had the cold clammy chill of death about them. The smell was that of stale, musky, air; it had been many years since these walls had seen visitors. Bits of rubble lay strewn about the cold damp floor, the travelers, still evading the malevolent creatures, were greatly impared the catacombs were shrouded in such darkness only Jerichos keen eyes could pierce the torchless chambers.....

" This way just to your left......... watch out, " Jericho yelled as yet another object came hurling at Mona's head.  Mona, the only one able to hear the cat, led as the others followed... the creatures where still right behind them and a force of unknown origins fortold of even a greater danger Jericho was running out of breath as well as ideas...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2003, 11:17:40 PM »
Mona kept walking, following Jericho.  She was glad the cat was there.  She could no longer make anything out in the tunnel, even though the sun must be up on the outside.  Suddenly, she stumbled as she saw a sudden and vivid image of that frightening man from her dreams.  He was terribly pleased about something, and she had a dreadful feeling that she knew what it was.  She caught hold of the priest's arm to keep from falling.

Peter didn't know how the lady was guiding them through the pitch black of the tunnels, but now was not the time to ask.  He did wonder what else was in the tunnels with them.  It wasn't anyone from the village, he knew that much.  He hefted his sword.  Suddenly the lady stumbled and caught hold of his arm.  "Are you all right?"
"Yes."
She wasn't.  He could hear it in her voice.  "What's the matter?"
"I... I think we're walking into a trap.  A very, very bad trap."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2003, 11:57:21 PM »
Jericho felt the uneasiness that had spread inside Mona he quickly asked, " Mona what do you see .... ? " before his question could be answered the nature of her restless was known they had walked into a trap......
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2003, 12:12:04 AM »
The flash of a thousand dawns filled the room for a split second, followed by disorienting darkness. When their vision cleared, the chamber was dimly lit, tiny violet candle-flames floating through the air. The chamber was rectangular, built of large blocks of native marble, a groove in the floor smoothed by the passage of 300 years of funeral processions. Three figures, draped in black silks and musty funeral wrappings stood blocking the hallway forward, and a group of hunched figures wrapped in rotten cloth blocked the retreat. One of the figures stepped forward, pulling back it's hood. A woman, pale from years without sun and shaven-headed, was within.
"Though they be but Living, so shall they be anointed with Death." she intoned, her voice falling quickly in the heavy, dusty silence of the tombs.
The figures in rotten cloth began to advance, shuffling disjointedly, moving stiffly. Mumbles and raspy sounds were their only reply to the black-robed woman as they slowly but surely closed in on Peter, Mona, and Marion.

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2003, 02:08:28 AM »
Squinting- searching, for where the sudden flash of lights came from, Grizzult peered out from his crouched position to investigate.

"I do so hate being woken-up!!" Growled the unknown figure; rather excitedly, yet quietly. "Obviously, I need to teach them some manners."

'But what if there are too many?' inquired a voice. "Hmmm. Well, I will not back down! Many days we have been lost in this world and it is only a matter of time til the orb of flame catches us with it's minions and burns our flesh to the bone." muttered Grizzult.

'There is no need to be angry,' cited the voice. "Hah. If I am angry, then it is all your fault. Imagine me being stuck alone with you for the rest of eternity; the insanity of it all. A death today would be more fruitful, I'll tell you that."

'There is no need to be insulting'

"There is also no need to be standing around arguing with you. Ihave a funeral to attend to."

'Yeah, quite possibly ours.'
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2003, 11:26:13 PM »
Peter quickly stepped in front of the other two, his sword drawn.  "You shall have to come through me, first, hellspawn!"
Behind him, Mona murmered, "I believe that is their intention."
"Yes, well, I don't think that they quite know what they're getting into."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2003, 12:44:52 AM »
Jericho suddenly felt something the power in the room had suddenly shifted he looked at Mona she was not that sorce then he flet the power lurch again he looked at the swordsman, Peter, "He is more than he seems, Yes definetly not you ordinary priest..."  Jericho said
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2003, 01:20:11 AM »
Peter swung at the nearest shambling figure, neatly slicing through what appeared to be it's head.  He could feel the power of the great god rising in him once more.  He raised the sword.  "I am Peter le Glasse, and I am one of the holy warriors of Helios!  Come and meet my blade, then!"  And with that, he waded into the fight in earnest.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2003, 03:18:58 AM »
Jericho knew of this power for it was as ancient as he.  The power that he yields is great yet great are the dangers of such power as well.  He knew of the dangers that abided in these awesome powers for once upon a time he to had similar powers he was once gaurdian of Selene evil Godess of night however he lost the only love he ever knew at the hands of his own powers by refusal to wield the powers any longer and placing himself on the side of innocence he was cast in to another form.  Now sheathed in the form of a cat he was forced to wear the colors of both good and evil black and white as a reminder of his past and his chosen future.  His soul never to rest until his heart was cleansed of all evil and willingly given to save a pure heart.  These words echoed through his mind as he was brought back into the present situation.  Realized that Peter was shouting frantically at Mona to get out....
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2003, 04:01:10 AM »
Red eyes suddenly appeared behind the starkly white woman. Quickly they rushed closer.; intent on her; closer- as if a guided missle; closer- almost within reach. Suddenly the eyes fly up into the air, coming straight for the distracted pale fiend.

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2003, 01:01:08 PM »
It became apparent that the bizarre creatures, judging by the revolting smell and the rotten flesh, were no ordinary beings. It was as if the very corpses of the catacombs had risen from their tombs. The torso of a halved creature continued to crawl, rasping and moaning, grabbing at Peter's heels. The rotten wrappings fell away, revealing peeling, deteriorating flesh crawling with grave beetles and maggots, or more recent corpses barely succumbing to rot. One corpse was bare bone, clicking and clacking as it moved. The three black-robed acolytes watched the grisly battle, pulling back their cowls.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2003, 08:18:42 PM »
The priest was shouting for Mona to get out, to get away from the fiends.  But demons and a cave-in behind and the walking corpses in front prevented that.  And she wouldn't leave him.  But she was at a loss for what to do.  She had no weapons, nor knew how to use them.  She just wanted to do something.

Peter was cutting into more and more of the walking dead, but not making any progress.  He knew that really the only way to destroy things of this type was to cut them into tiny bits.  Given enough time, he could do just that, but the things just kept coming.  The lady was still behind him; she hadn't moved.  d**n it!  He knew he was going to be overwhelmed soon, but, by Helios, he would go down fighting!  He began to say the ancient words that would summon the great god's holy light.

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2003, 04:02:06 AM »
"DIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!" Roared the unknown figure, as he plunged his two sabers into the back of the pale she-devil. Pausing for one-hundredth of a second, he pulled them back out and charged for one of the demons. "I will, now shut up!" yelled the figure.

It became quite obvious to Peter that another had entered the fray. His peripherial vision noticed a slick black humanoid attack an opponent and lung toward another. Where his allegiance lies is unknown, for it only slightly occured to him that this one is drow.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2003, 11:20:49 PM »
OOC: Dude! How do you get off running the show? Please read the thread before you post. The demons are stuck in a church above the catacombs because the roof caved in. And who says that there are drow in this setting? Or that Peter noticed them?

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2003, 11:42:43 PM »
Jericho quickly yelled to Mona saying, "Tell him to fight the three figures clothed in the dark drapings; they are the ones controling the disfigured corpses.  if he can destroy them or at least force them to leave maybe the dead will be .... dead again!"he quickly then leaped off one of the corpses head only to land on another directly infront of the female. he quickly dug his claws as far into her face as he could hoping that peter would see his opprtunity and take it!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2003, 07:54:40 PM »
Mona relayed what Jericho had said to the priest.  He nodded, but by then, he was almost completely surrounded by the tattered corpses.  He started hacking through them with a renewed effort, but Mona could tell that he would soon start to flag.  And when his obviously great strength failed, it was unquestionable that these... creatures would destroy them all.  She felt like she was about to scream in frustration.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2003, 11:40:34 PM »
OOC: we have got to get you a weapon!

Jericho was aghast at how hopeless the situation seemed he glanced at petr th eyoung man was fighting wearily he again glanced at Mona ... " what is that?... " there against one of the forgotten tombs lay a sword covered in cobwebs however its gleam had caught the Jericho's eyes

"Mona, quickly get the sword... just there by the tomb..." as he said this he had to retreat for one of the rotting carcasses was on him...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2003, 02:15:57 AM »
OOC: 1) I am sorry I misread the thread.
2) I added the drow, because peter never stated the catacombs led anywhere and I was going to provide one.
3) and peter never saw a thing because his back was obviously turned from me and I should not have controlled them.

adieu.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2003, 03:15:53 AM »
OOC: Kay.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2003, 07:59:45 PM »
(OOC: Hey, Adel, thanks for the sword, but I have something else in mind.)

Mona was aware that Jericho was trying to tell her something, but she wasn't paying attention.  She desperately wanted to help Peter, but she didn't know how.  And then something happened.  Suddenly the light changed, as if she was seeing something that wasn't quite there.  This had never happened before.  It was as if all the people present were flaming, but not with fire.  White phantom flames surrounded the priest, and light grey Jericho.  The three acolytes were surrounded by flames as black as pitch.  And if she looked close enough, she could see shimmering black threads running from the female to the walking corpses.  Without thinking, she grabbed one.  It burned her hands, but she snapped it, and the corpse it was connected to suddenly collapsed into a heap on the floor.  She smiled.  Finally, it seemed that she could do something.  She reached for another one.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2003, 09:39:42 PM »
OOC: Cool Ria, very cool! :)

Jericho seeing all that Mona saw quickly told her, " Mona, quick attack the foul creatures that burden Peter.  He must be free to attack the dark ones."  Jericho felt so out ot sync all others in the group had a gift that they wield to help in this battle he only noticed the obvious and made it known out loud atleast to Mona's ears he sinced that there was something more that he could do he knew that the power still reside in him as it once did before.  However, it was to wield this power that was his biggest fear.  To lose another loved one he could not bear.  In his own mind he spoke, "Only when grave danger is near; my time is not yet..."  sensing still that he must do more he began to do what cats do best he began once again with striking agility he lept from mindless corpse to the next to attack the dark ones with his claws only to quickly retreat...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2003, 10:55:38 PM »
Mona kept grabbing threads and breaking them, and more corpses fell.  She was making progress, and giving Peter room to breathe, but her hands were beginning to hurt terribly.  At one point, she tried to go near the female acolyte and earned a bad burn from the obsidian flames for her trouble.  But she kept snapping the black threads, and Peter kept pushing closer to the robed people.  We just might get out of this alive, she thought.

Peter didn't know what Mona was at.  She was moving around quickly, grabbing something only she could see, and acting like she was breaking sticks.  At first he was afraid that she really was as mad as people had said she was.  Then he realized that every time she did it, another corpse collapsed, giving him more room to operate.  He was slowly but surely carving a path towards that robed she-demon.  A part of his mind that really should have been thinking something else said that he had once heard of people who could do such things.  His own power was a blessing from Helios, but that was something incomprehensible to him.  He remembered that while there had been very few people with those sort of gifts, almost all of them had walked dark roads.  Somehow, the eccentric lady who kept to herself did not fit that image.  But this really wasn't the time to think about it.  There were more imminent concerns at hand.