llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Ancestor Cult  (Read 13342 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2003, 06:23:51 PM »
OOC: Who's Adam? And what does OCC mean?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2003, 06:26:49 PM »
OOC: Cap, just say what your little demons are up to.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2003, 09:55:45 PM »
The erymanthoi charged in a mass of crimson fur and ravening claws and teeth, bowling Peter over and pinning him to the ground. They slavered over him, wishing that their chieftan had not commanded them not to kill the human. The chieftan padded up, snarling and snorting, and raised his claw over Peter's face. "Graaakhraaaz-urraaagh! Graaakaaahzzarah! Ungulaakh-Yrakh Zzkaaaaahgh!" We mark him forever so that he will never forget our master, Never-Ending Silence!

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2003, 07:34:41 PM »
Peter struggled under the mass of demons.  Too many of them, too long out of practice.  He was pinned, and they'd knocked his sword from his hand.  He saw what was apparently the leader of the pack raise an ugly claw.  He'd at least lose an eye, and probably worse.  He closed his eyes and waited for the blow to fall.
_________________________________________________ _

Mona was horrorstruck.  He'd fought so hard, and now he was going to die.  Just like everyone else...  "NO!" she shrieked without quite realizing it.  She was sick of being helpless, of feeling like she should have done something.  Even if it killed her, she was going to try to help him.  She dashed forward and snatched the sword up from where it had fallen.  Her stance was atrocious and it was obvious she'd never used a sword before, but that didn't stop her.  She swung the sword and felt it connect with something.  She'd cut the hand off of the leader of the demons.  That startled her, but she didn't back off.
_________________________________________________ _

It seemed like time had stopped.  Suddenly Peter felt something warm and wet on his face.  Now I thought that would hurt.  Then he realized that it wasn't his own blood...

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2003, 11:04:19 PM »
OCC: CAP't what was that all about you know who you are and what OCC means you're the one that told me
You may know me from... nevermind just go away

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2003, 11:15:05 PM »
Mona's unexpected assault stirred Marion she had never seen a battle quite like this before. But when she reached for her dagger she remembered that it was gone.

Marion decided it was time, she unsheathed an ancient blade engraved with her family's crest, seconds as it touched fresh air it burst into cerulean flame. Stings like these had served her brothers and sisters well in the "thief rebellion" and now it would serve her.

OCC: is Adel still playing?

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2003, 01:43:57 PM »
OOC: It's OOC, for Out Of Character. I have no idea what OCC means. We haven't managed to figure out where Adel is yet.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2003, 01:47:57 PM »
The erymanthoi leader unleashed an inhuman screech and fell backwards, the blessed steel of the paladin's sword biting the demon even after it had slashed.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2003, 12:02:33 AM »
Never-Ending Silence, watching with the help of farsight, cursed violently and smote a stone with his ghostly soulsteel blade.
"My mistress will not be pleased..." he muttered, turning to Golden Tears Mistress. "You! What have you done?!"
Golden Tears Mistress smirked, shrugged. "I have done nothing. It would seem that this paladin acts of another's will. Unlike your mistress, my master would not dip to dealing with mortals or demons."
Never-Ending Silence, his anger overwhelming, nearly struck down Golden Tears Mistress where she stood, but halted at the last second, knowing that to do so would mean open war between his mistress and the First and Night-Crowned Wolf.
"d**n you, spectre!" he spat, turning. But in his inner mind, he suddenly smiled. The catacombs are mine. The Ancestor Cult and their Pharoah-Moth shall be my weapon where the demons have failed.

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2003, 10:52:37 AM »
Marion turned to notice a demon that was quite unaware of her presence. She easily thrust the dagger into the beast and the flames scorched a hole in the foul thing. Even Marion was astonished at herself.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2003, 01:34:10 PM »
OOC: What? I thought you were in the Catacombs. The Demons are all in the church.

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »
OOC: Wasn't the entrance to the catacombs in the church? My char. wasn't very far form the Entrance to the church.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2003, 04:19:16 PM »
OOC: Nope, sorry, but I'm afraid that if I read right, you walked down the passageway into the Catacombs with Mona.It's not that I don't want you killing demons or anything, it's just a manner of keeping control and all that shed monkey fur in a hand drum.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2003, 10:48:45 PM »
OOC: Mona never went down the passage to the catacombs.  At least I never meant for her to.  We could always say that Marion started to walk down, and then came back.  But we're gonna have to get down there soon.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2003, 10:56:49 PM »
OOC: Aw, forget it. I'll just agree with you, Priate, before this becomes a huge mess.

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2003, 12:53:35 AM »
OOC: Me gots the "OOC" right. But on a sad note i must leave to go to my lodge for 5 days so could You or Ria Hawk take over my char. for me just for 5 days unless i find a computer. Thanx

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2003, 10:24:35 AM »
OOC: whatever.

Peter struggled out from under the pile of demons.  Once he was free, he carefully took his sword away from the woman.  He saw the other lady kill a demon, and then became aware of a groaning noise.  The roof, weakened by the hole in it, was about to collapse.  He grabbed the lady's arm and started towards the entrance to the catacombs.  The other lady followed.  As they cleared the entrance, he turned, and prepared to cast a spell to seal it off.  It proved unneccessary.  The roof let go at that moment and crashed down, taking some of the old stones from the wall with it.  He couldn't tell how much damage was done in the actual church, but the tunnel entrance was blocked with rubble.  "Well, that will buy us a little time, but I don't care to hang about.  There's no telling how long it will take them to get through that.  Let's go."  He started down the tunnel.  The strange lady started after him, then stopped.
"Where's Jericho?" she asked, looking toward the rubble in horror.  But the cat was there; he proved it by jumping onto her shoulder at that moment.  
Peter looked at the other lady.  "Are you all right?"  She nodded.  "Then let's get out of here."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
In the Catacombs...
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2003, 01:22:48 AM »
The hallways echoed with the sound of their footsteps, dusty and dark. The lingering smell of incense hinted at something newer than old bones, but only Jericho would have noticed. The iron grates of ancestral tombs glimmered in the light of their torches, and within, the promise of golden grave offerings and effigies shone. These were the tombs of nobles and lordly families, and the collective tomb offerings of the entire ancestral tomb were often so rich that they would have made a dwarf foam at the mouth. Ahead of the group, the grate of one of the tombs, marked "Ancestral Tomb of Osiomal", stood open, small jade coins scattered across the floor, and the smashed hand of a tomb effigie lay at their feet.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2003, 01:23:32 AM »
OOC: This thread lives again! Unless priate doesn't come back, at which point we can just kill off his character.

Offline Pirate Penguin

• Da Penguin Commissar
  • Guardian
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2003, 05:37:14 PM »
Marion unsheathed her blade and bent down and picked up the coins and carefully put them in her sack, and in their place she put a medallion that was identical to the one on her neck. It began to glow, if the tombs sprit still dwelled here it would be forced to take the essence in the medallion to the god it served and if the god accepted the gift she would receive a gift back from the deity. This was custom in her clan. The powers given varied; some had useless talents like being able to levitate 1/2 an inch off the ground whilst others might have great powers like the chief who could manipulate fire.

Marion was waiting for a response.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2003, 10:27:58 PM »
No response was forthcoming, however. A shuffling from within the tomb, drew their attention quickly, and the broken-off head of the tomb effigy flew from within, smashing against the wall. A rythmic rasping sound, like sandpaper against wood, could be heard.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2003, 08:40:28 PM »
:oops: OOC: I live!!! I am sorry for not posting for so long but I had an unexpected death in the family and with both of my jobs I just didn't have much time at all!  I will ask before I do so is it alright if I take Jericho back over if I promise to be more regular with my replies?
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2003, 09:44:36 PM »
OOC: No problem.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2003, 09:53:48 PM »
Jericho hurries a head of them leading the way through the catacombs  he knows their only chance for survival is to reach the outskirts of the of the village into the forest of illusions... true that the forest it self has its own dangers but its our best hope.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The Ancestor Cult
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2003, 12:21:11 AM »
(OOC: Adel, read the previous posts)

"Stop!"
The voice came from the Spirit World to the ears of Jericho. A spirit manifested, visible only to his eyes.
"I am Duke of Solid Earth and Buried Stones. I govern the earth and soil here, and I have seen that there is something not of the Living Lands in these catacombs. Beware the ancestral tomb before you."
With that, the spirit of dirt and soil faded away.
The rasping noise continued to emanate from the tomb, and cup of beaten gold skittered rapidly across the floor towards the guardian cat, missing barely and bouncing across the floor.