llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Game systems played  (Read 2776 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline katmaninva

• Nomad
    • Awards
Game systems played
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:45:56 AM »
Being new to this forum, I have looked at the forum looking for threads on different RPG systems and not finding any (maybe didn't look hard enough).  The major RPG system I have played in the fantasy genre' has been AD&D 1st edition, with Traveller in the sci-fi genre'.  Current systems I play are Harnmaster, and have started to read the Castles and Crusades system.  I have ideas for adventures but I also like system mechanics (game mechanics).  Thoughts along this threads?  Thanks all.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: Game systems played
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:42:30 PM »
Thing is, we are basically a non-system site, so you won't find here any large discussions of game rules (though there are a few oddd threads on rpg systems here and there). How deeply we should go into this topic is still a matter of debate. :)

But if you do have ideas, then we are of course interested! Take a peek at the main page, or the top part of basically any page - you'll have access to the basic categories of submissions, plots and much more. Surf around, see what captures your interest, and what we are interested in - I'm pretty sure you will find much useful material here, and maybe even post more for us!

You will notice that we also tend to avoid statistics in our submissions whenever possible... that way, the ideas gathered here are of use to anyone, independent of the system they may be using.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:02:34 PM »
On the other hand, while we're a non-system specific site, I /am/ trying to get some discussion about mechanics going in the Gaming Tavern, if you care to join in some time. After all, mechanics are a part of GMing. Gotta touch all the aspects of our craft.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »
I'd be in. Go for it - the Tavern is pretty much no holds barred...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®