llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Wastelands  (Read 14128 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Bio-Terror

• Killer of....things
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
Re: The Wastelands
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »
 Mrraaaaa!

It happened again, louder this time. Marcus loaded his rifle. He waited. But then all was silent. He eased up a bit and turned around. "We need to find ou....Ahh!!" He couldnt finish his sentance, as a large hairy creature jumped on his back. Sharp claws slashed at his head frantically. "Mrrrraaaa! Mrrrraaa!!" It shouted. Marcus grabbed on of it's arms and threw it into the wall. Before Marcus could lift his rifle it had started sprinting towards him. He took aim, and missed. He pulled the lever and loaded another bullet in the chamber, but with lightning speed it had jumped on his chest, and vigorously attacked his face. Marcus fell down, trying to block his face.
Good. Bad. Im the guy with the gun.

Offline Lanfear57

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
[OOC scras: marcus got the rifle, not darius. your skikudis got that confused, idk if that was on purpose or not [/OOC]

"Hey! Watch where yehr aimin tha thing!" Shouted Darius as a bullet whizzed past his head and sparked on the wall behind him. He grabbed one of the nearby loose rocks, and proceeded to bash the beast. He hadn't seen one of these in well over a year, and couldn't remember a thing about them.
There's truth in your lies, Doubt in your faith. What you build you lay to waste.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 02:53:44 AM »
(OOC ~ I was drunk at the time  :lol: )

Silently the Skikudis rose from it's crouch over the corpse of the speeder bike. The haft of the glass star axe felt good in it's hand, something solid, something real. Fear left corpses, action left enemy corpses, and Szithar moved with more speed than most people would expect from the junk encrusted nomads. The axe swung in a glittering arc and three of the five splayed glass teeth sunk deep into the ribcage of the creature atop Marcus. Blood spurted from the deep and jagged wounds, Szithar swung again, this time in a harder downward arc that drove the central, and largest spike grazing across the creature's spine.

Szithar's breathing was ragged, as the nomad swung the weapon with unrelenting precision.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »
Dropping the glass axe back into it's holster, Szithar started an examination of the cave creature. (OOC - Bio-Terror, I guess a basic check to determine what it is, and if it has anything of use/value on it, and to make 100% sure it is dead and not just regenerating) The smell was something else, not just the smell of the creature, but the rank and coppery stench of blood filled the area. The axe was a potent weapon, but it was also a bloody flaying weapon as well. As such the corpses were remotely clean and their clothing and light armor generally worthless.

Offline Bio-Terror

• Killer of....things
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 11:32:08 AM »
 Marcus got up and looked at the thing that had attacked him. The Skikudis had done a fine job in killing it, whatever it was. Then he aimed his rifle at it's head and fired. "Just to make sure it stays down." He explained. Marcus bent down to examine the claws on the creature. Six inches in length at least. Hmmm, about 3 across. Grabbing it's hand, he broke the bones connecting the finger to the knucle. Then he twisted it until it became loos inside the skin. With much digust, Marcus bit the finger off, and once more looked at the bladed finger. "This is razor sharp" he said, more to himself then anyone else.

Without a word he put it in his pocket. "I think we should leave before more show up. Unless we have anything else to do."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 02:44:21 AM »
To go, time it to do is. Szithar said in broken common. Szithar paused and looked back at the corpse of the creature and pulled out it's glass axe again. The Skikudis nomad grabbed one of the beast's arms and with several gory chops hacked the appendage free. Without ceremony, it flung the limb close to the firepile, slinging cooling blood across the sand. The nomad repeated with the other arm, moving with the composure of a butcher at work in his shop. A few more swings and the beast was little more than a bloody torso and scattered limbs. If to follow us, this to make his kind make think more than one time about hunting. The nomad said sheathing the weapon.

To be for time to make go?

Offline Lanfear57

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 02:47:11 PM »
 Darius hadn't been attacked in his cave for some time, and between that and everything else, was a bit shaken.
 "Yeh. It's time fer us teh get goin. Somewhere back here I'se got a rifle...." he started muttering to himself, digging through behind where he kept the lizards frozen for his ancient rifle, along with a bag of miscellaneous items from his old camp. He could return some things, if his old friends were still alive and would even speak to him any longer.
 He pulled back out of the nook, slung the rifle over his shoulder after making sure it was loaded, and put the bag over his other shoulder. "I'm ready ifn you all are"

[OOC] sorry for the delay, and I'm going to be out again from friday till heaven knows when. If I have internet I'll post up but otherwise, feel free to run Darius. [/OOC]
There's truth in your lies, Doubt in your faith. What you build you lay to waste.

Offline Bio-Terror

• Killer of....things
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »
[OOC] I guess I'll take Darius over for now.

[IC] Marcus and Darius locked eyes for a second, then Darius went deep into the cave. "Hey!" Marcus shouted, "What are you..."

"I kno what I'm doin!" Darius yelled. "Young mumble mumble. Darius went deep into the darkness. He suddenly pulled out a lantern, and the path erupted in light. Marcus followed him for what seemed liker hours. All around them were strange noises, scratching, yelps, and growls. No one spoke, not even a word. Marcus was wondering how much more he could take when they saw light.

"There" said Darius. "That there's the way out." As the three walked out of the tomb like tunnels, Marcus could see a black dot far into the distance. "Whats that?" He asked, pointing at the deseret image.

Darius squinted hard to see. "It..it must be New Mecca."

"The armored city?"
 "The same."
 "Then thats were I'm going. I thank you Darius, but this is were I leave you."

Darius spit into the sands. "To hell you are. Ima coming with ya, an there and nothin you can do bout it."

"You're pretty stubborn old man."
 "I can say the same fer you young fella."

Marcus shrugged. "Lets get going then, I want to make it there with the sun still in the sky."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »
Szithar thought little of the destination, New Mecca was as good as any other freehold or city. The Skikudis nomad trudged on behind the teo squabbling men.

Offline Bio-Terror

• Killer of....things
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »
As marcus and crew approached the front gates of the city, he could see the small figure of a man.

"Who approaches?!" Yelled the blackened figure.

"Marcus Duran, Salvager. These are my companions, Darius and Szithar. We ask for your protection from he barren wastes."

The man atop the gates laughed viciously. "You'll find no protection here Marcus. For you or your friends. Open the gates to the betrayer! Bring him to Garris. On your orders!!"

Marcus was shocked, momentarily stunned by what was happening. Even New Mecca has fallen to them? The giant gates opened wide, with armed men awaiting them on the other side. They were dirtier and smelled of gunpowder and cheap booze. quickly Marcus fired at the men. two were shot dead, the others began to fire at them. "C'mon! we must find Linda!"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 02:32:50 PM »
Szithar grunted as a lead shot found it, burrowing deep into the layers of junk draped over it's frame. The Skikudis nomad went down hard. Laughing at their good luck as the others fled, three of the men approached the prone pile of junk. Skikudi nomads were rare enough that few if any had been killed in these parts. "What do you think's under there?" one asked prodding at the polarized green faceplate that covered the nomad's eyes. Fast a striking snake, the nomad unleashed it's ax, cutting two of the men down with a hard swing. Blood spattered as the glass teeth ripped through boot leather and tendon. If they survived, neither man would walk right again. Szithar swung again, catching the third man in the abdomen with the spiked ax head. The scream he made as the teeth tore through his groin and into his thigh was chilling.

Rebounding to it's feet, the nomad dispatched the closest of the three with a skull splitting hit, spilling blood and brains on the sand. Silently, it claimed one of their rifles, slammingt he bolt home and firing the weapon with deft precision until the shells were all expended.

Offline Bio-Terror

• Killer of....things
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »
 Darius followed Marcus to the cover of stacked barrels. He fired his rifle as Marcus reloaded his. "Now all this d**n ruckus, we havent even ate yet!" He yelled, taking out a shooter on one of the rooftops. He glanced to his left to see Szithar whip out his axe; taking out three men. Marcus began to fire again.

"Stay here!" He barked, leaving him behind the barrrels. Darius gave him a dirty look, but stayed. Marcus charged a group of three harriers. They had no firearms, just shovels and sharpened sticks. He rolled out of the way as a makeshift spear soared towards him. Once on his feet he shot two bullets in the man's torso. The other two rushed him, but one fell dead before reaching him. The other swung his spade full force at Marus' head. He blocked it with his rifle, then kicked the man onto the ground. With the last shot in his clip the man was dead.

Then suddenly, Marcus felt a sharp pain in his side. He turned to see another harrier dig a rusted knife into his side. Marcus dropped to his knees in pain, dropping his rifle. Darius must of seen this, as the attacker fell dead next to Marcus. A single bullet in his head. Marcus pulled our the knife and reclaimed his rifle.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 02:22:44 AM »
Poorly to fight, are these New Mecca soldiers. Szithar said with what sounded like distain, though it could have been a loose piece in the nomad's voice box. It hefted the glass axe, examining the crimson gore that covered the wicked shaped head. Tvagash! Good to fight, yes? it asked Darius and Marcus. These humes were interesting company.