llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chaotic words  (Read 4990 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline epsilon

• Apprentice
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Chaotic words
« on: August 06, 2007, 06:05:49 PM »
Hi all
Thought Id share this with you. Not sure if it fits in this forum, but creative writing it is!!

Last night I was helping my 8 year old daughter with her spelling words.
Normally I sequentially go down the list, say the word then put it in a sentence and she writes em down.
Last night I wanted to point out how hard it was if the sentence in which the word was placed, made no sense.
So choosing words from the list at "pseudo random" and using some articles to help it flow, off we went. Of course she made some mistakes not having context to help. Like "knew" and "new" , so the point got across well. She gave me that look as if I was completely mad, her father had finally lost the plot. But then I said lets see if we can add some punctuation to make any sense out of this.

These are the words, in order spoke, minus the articles.

ninth drink knew blank evening finger dancing knives know thing but running sing knowledge language tongue goes bang along bank  sink line  thank knee lining

This is how I gave them to her with some articles and joins

the ninth drink knew the blank evening finger dancing knives know thing but running I sing knowledge and language my tongue goes bang along the bank I sink my line I thank my knee lining

Then we both sat down and tried to make sense out of it by adding some punctuation.

The ninth drink knew the blank evening. Finger dancing knives know thing but running. I sing knowledge and language, my tongue goes bang! Along the bank, I sink my line. I thank my knee lining.

ok the first sentence is an adult one I did that :)
The second sentence came about because she read it with a double take, she inserted a word that wasn't there but her brain thought it ought to be. She prefixed "thing" with "no".
The rest I feel is self explanatory?

Would make for a good riddle ;)

Alright, you don't get it? It really is just rubbish? Maybe it was one of those "you had to be there instances".

It was a fun a thing and I thought it interesting. Probably explains some inner deep workings of my brain...   

Id be interested to see if you can decipher the mutterings.
The runes they're ruined Ive ruined the runes.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Chaotic words
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
I'm still trying to figure this out, epsilon.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: Chaotic words
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
She's 14 now.

ninth drink knew blank  (I've drunk enough I can't remember what I came to forget)
evening finger dancing  (holding hands and more with a pretty girl)
knives know thing  (The truth can be extracted at the point of a knife)
but running sing 
knowledge language
tongue goes bang along bank 
sink line 
thank knee lining

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity