llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: True? Life Ghost Stories  (Read 9094 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2003, 07:42:59 PM »
my town the most tragic happenings were a twister a blizzard and a major flood in like the early 1900's not pretty...
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2003, 10:37:20 PM »
well like I said reasearch it!  You might find a name of someone that died in one of the inncidents then you trace the name then you find where it happened and all of that good junk it all real fun!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2003, 11:01:52 AM »
true. oooh, I saw this picture in a movie in my U.S. History class where after the flood a horse was dead and it was standing on it's head kinda sick.
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2003, 11:43:35 PM »
Yeah it is kinda sad but to learn about some one else that came before you  not some sort of hero that you might hear of in history class but a person like you and me whose life was a beacon of light to those who it touched; but only a dim light on an opposite shore to those who were not graced to have known them.   Or quite the opposite, some one whose life was full of tragedy because of their mistakes or because of others.  Real people with real emotions;  the family they did or didn't leave behind.  It is their story that I long to know; thats why I research as I do.  Because All any body wants is to be remembered. The greatest artists and writers in time have struggled to achieve this.  It is mans basic struggle for imortality even if only by a name.  People like me; seek out those that had no great deed that gave them that imortallity perhaps only because their time ran out.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2003, 07:20:57 PM »
Wow, thats Wow.

Kinda like 'When you read this remember me'
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2003, 11:37:26 PM »
Sorry I wrote an essay on this very topic for my English class my sophmore year in highschool I guess once you've preached it if the topic is mentioned even slightly  you revert back to it!  so what did ya think I got an A+ on the paper! :wink:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2003, 07:22:03 PM »
Yes deffinatley! A+++ material!
Trees!!!

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2003, 08:42:37 PM »
this sounds almost like the darwin awards. Now those are funny.

I loved the sword swallower. He swallowed an umbrella, then accidently hit the button to open it while it was still inside of him!!!
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2003, 09:34:06 PM »
I like the near-Darwin Award with the guy who tried to have violate a porcupine.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2003, 09:41:36 PM »
ya, darwins are funny. I like the had to pee while driving on a mountain in the middle of a storm. He pulled over and started relieving himself over the guardrail. A bolt of lightning hit the rail about 100 yards up. The electricity travled down the wet rail, up the mans urine stream, and blew off his tallywacker!

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
I work in an emergency room....
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2003, 05:25:19 AM »
Darwinian forces are not working fast enough....

Take the guy who took a knife and stuck it 4 inches into his chest, just to see what would happen.  He thought it was so cool just stuck in him, that he went next door to show his friend. His friend makes his int check and calls 911.  A huge surgical team removes the knife in such a way he does not bleed out.

The parents who did not know their son was making bombs, for fun, in his room.  He blew off his right hand, part of his face, and all of the back wall of his room.  When asked, he was just making them because "They were neat."

And that was just in the last two weeks....
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2003, 05:03:59 PM »
I can't believe that anyone would be that stupid.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2003, 05:56:47 PM »
thats nothing. Remember einsteins favorite quote!

"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former!"   -Einstein

Offline Citisized Slick Face

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Byberry
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2003, 09:35:28 AM »
I live 1 mile away from here and traveled through this large, creepy estate several occasions. Its a must for all who are swift, risk takers and have a guide .

:shock:

WHERE IT'S LOCATED:

Since there are no other pre-Revolutionary houses on Byberry Road is suburban Somerton, Pennsylvania, the haunted house on Byberry lane will not be hard to find. However, since this is a private home that doesn't offer tours, visitors are discouraged. Please respect the privacy of the residents.

Somerton Pennsylvania is a quiet suburb of Philadelphia. Located a hour from downtown Philadelphia, the old wooden house on quiet, winding Byberry Road has quite a haunted history.

IN THE BEGINNING:

The house, in the old colonial style, began construction in 1732. The house has been little altered or modified since its pre-Revolutionary War origin. The house, which sits back from the road, has regal white pillars that support the roof. The house has been occupied continuously, by one family or another since its construction. The current residents are David and Dolores Robinson and David's elderly father

GHOSTLY SIGHTINGS AND OCCURRENCES:

The Robinson's moved into the house, in 1960. Almost immediately they began to hear human footsteps made by "people" other than themselves. Some doors also opened by themselves. Mrs. Robinson, numerous times over the years, has seen doors open by themselves, with no draft or wind present to account for their movement. Sometimes a door would open by itself, immediately after she had shut it. One night Mrs. Robinson was awakened six times by phantom footsteps and self- closing doors.

Mr. Robinson Senior was surprised one night to find a woman in his room. He thought she had either a black veil or long black hair. She disappeared almost as quickly as she arrived. Since the Robinson's had no visitors that night it is assumed she was a ghost.

Still Haunted? Yes indeed.
In the midst of a dysfunctional world there is function.