llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: True? Life Ghost Stories  (Read 8908 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« on: May 10, 2003, 11:42:12 PM »
Oddly enough that is where most of the ghost stories around my house come from... I live next to a huge church (abandonned know) that is a little over 200 years old (been rebuilt a few times so still okay to wak in and such)  around th elate 1800's the a tornado (or cyclone as they called it) came through te hollow... Bee Spring Hollow to be exact and killed al ot of people most of them were buried in that graveyard alot of stories surround it .. the most tragic was Clara Stevens though :cry:
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 11:47:33 PM »
We have a big ghost story but it has nothing to do with a tornado, Its anout a girl named Cathrine Winters and she was kiddnaped and killed when she was like nine and her child ghost comes back to play *cue creapy misic*
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 11:59:47 PM »
Who the hell is this Clara Stevens of Bee Springs that you keep talking about?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 12:18:10 AM »
that I keep talking about have I mentioned her before?  oh well sorry I didn't want to get to much off topic... :wink:   anyway she was a girl who was around the age of thirteen the tornado struck on a sunday afternoon usually after church Clara would go and play in the fields of flowers near the church then she would walk home later... she was on her way home when the tornado hit... she never made it... she is said to be seen running down the road (which is still dirt) on warm summer nights some say only on Sunday but others disagree.  any way the wierd experiene I had began when I was actually "modeling" if you could call it that for one of my guy friends... he is a photographer (does mostly b/w) and he had a dream of a girl aat this really old church with really long hair dressed in old timey dress. He wanted me to be this girl so I said cool one of my friends mom's sews and made me a simple old timey cotton lace dress and we had the pictures made at this church I am nieghbors with te people who own the church so I could get the key and all... but  their is one picture where I am standing in front of the natural spring that flows infront of the church... you can hardly see my face but it is a great picture the wind is blowing my hair the shadows are great... sorry artist coming out again...  any way a little later the church had its 200th birthday and a lot of old pictures came out one of them was of Clara she looked alot like me the picture was taken at the exact same spot her hair was blowing much like mine the only major difference is that she was smiling and I was not.  their are other e=things as well but thats enough for tonight!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 11:08:33 AM »
Wow freaky! I haven't had an encounter yet I love ghost stories. My town is on an old indian ground, and people say if you take a picture looking at Devil's Gate at our park at night you can see the orbs of a few million ghosts  :shock:
Trees!!!

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
As for Ghost stories....
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 12:14:32 AM »
Well. I live near the Winchester Mystery House.  I live by the "haunted" toys R us. (A suicide in the orchard before the TRU went up.. with lots of well documented poltergiest activity... eventually put to "rest" by Sylvia Brown). Downtown Saratoga (8 miles from here) has seven haunted buildings in its historic down town.  The old silver mines in these parts are supposed to be haunted by lost miners. Lets not even go into the Miwok and Olone indian sites, including the mission burrial grounds.  

We should really split a ghost thread.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 10:33:10 PM »
TH ecollege that I attend is said to be haunted and several of my professors swear that they have seen things that would make people think twice about ghost though I have not seen any thing on my own!   As for were I live there are several ghost stories that is just the one that got me the most I guess cause it affected me most!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 10:40:15 PM »
I believe absolutely in ghosts, King Arthur, Dragons, Unicorns, Sasquatch, Nessie, Aliens, the Kraken, the Rukh (Roc), and other things like that.

We don't really have any local ghost stories in Boise, but in my house, there's this picture of an old guy with a beard that came with the house. We don't know who he is, but it's really creepy to look at at night, and you have to walk past it in the hall to get to the kitchen.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 11:26:30 PM »
You never know have you tried looking up any thing on the net about older places around you living area.  there may be ghosts stories all around and you just be none the wiser... I grew up around things like this and have always been interested... ofcorse I live in the sticks and am surrounded by old buildings... One of my friends ives in a house where a doctor committed suicide because his wife died in childbirth... that house is said to be haunted... I mean you never really know.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 02:12:26 AM »
A ghost hunter here, and I've seen and documented much.  

If you want to look up things on your area, try the local "Ghost Hunters" society or association.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 08:52:16 PM »
The campus of Berry College (where I go) has got at least seven ghosts.  Three of them in the theater where I work, ain't that fun?  Another in one of the dorms, two on the road that leads up the mountain, AND the ghost of the founder who hangs around what used to be her office.  And possibly more that I haven't found out about yet.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 09:45:14 PM »
Ok, I found a ghost.
Down at the Egyptian Theater, in downtown Boise, where I live, they have a ghost that lives on the stage (It used to be a playhouse before it was a movie theater.) called the Egyptian Player. He usually walks out on stage in the front of a movie and watches everyone.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 10:58:13 PM »
See ya never now!  I attend Martin College and there are said to be many ghosts at the college and th ehouses surronding it.  There si supposedly a ghost named Joshua in the theater (which is going to be rebuilt into a movie theater this summer)  A new theater is being built. there is a ghost on the third floor dormitory (girls) named Emily They say that Thomas Martin haunts the main bussiness building known as Colonial hall as well as many others.  I find it all very interesting!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 11:38:47 PM »
I've noticed that just about all theaters are haunted, if they've been around for any significant length of time.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 12:40:07 AM »
Tell me about it guess thats One reason I like them so much!  I like older buildings better thatn new ones because of their history.  There is an old farm house just by the orchard near my house it is really old and falling apart but it is so beautiful I love to sketch it.  there are a few stories about that place as well though I have never witnessed anything!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2003, 01:58:28 PM »
Oooh! I just remembered at my pool (I am on the team) There was this girl
whose heart exploded in her cheast and she drowned during a meet in the '70's. People say she goes into the lockre room and turns on the showers along with two little boys who snuck in and had seziers and drowned. Dum du du DUMMM!
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2003, 10:34:44 PM »
wow!  i don't know of any local pool hauntings but there is a girl who is said to haunt a creek near my house!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2003, 02:57:43 PM »
Yeah, water water every where nor a drop to drink.
Anywho, I had a meet this morning I did well I must say. :)
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2003, 11:27:25 PM »
:D Love to swim!  Any way it is a small creek near my house there is an old mill house on the far band (been abbaondoned for decades) but it is made out of stone so it is still in fairly good condition for its  age.  There was a young girl, I am not sure of her name. One year as it often does (as it has been this year) it was a regular monsoon season!  (not really just alot of rain) and the creek gets way up the mill was moved off of the bank line to prevent a lot of damage from flood waters.  The girl was abused in her home by her mother the mother lied to her father who was an upstanding person in the town and believed her, many believed, because he didn't want people to talk.  One night during this rainy season the girl was again being beat by her mother and ran out there front door hoping to escape her.  Her emotions tricked her senses and she ran straight into the the creek that by this piont had a strong current... her body was never found her mother passed it off as a girl gone and committed suicide due to her madness.  The father did not deny it however had little to do with his wife after the incident.  Local legend has it that on stormy nights  the girl can still be seen weeping at the waters edge.   :cry:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 07:27:04 PM »
*sniff* Wow, um, let me think. I think I might be doing some research soon...
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2003, 11:00:29 PM »
Most of these are stories I have collected from the elders of the community (I have always found intrest in this sorta stuff so started real young!) Alot of times people love to talk about this kinda stuff so just ask around or if you live in a town where there are a lot of stories you might be able to look something up on the net!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 05:56:28 PM »
no ghost stories in my communtiy. :cry:
Some folks just have all the luck
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2003, 06:59:57 PM »
How far have you researched into it my little corner of the world is full of them! :D
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2003, 08:56:31 PM »
I wish I lived in Boston or Philly Or NYC that would have so many stories...
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
True? Life Ghost Stories
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 09:23:43 PM »
please I live in BeeSprings, Tn they don't get any smaller!  the main reason theer are so many is because it is such an old town and so much tragedy in it's history!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©