llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: *lurks in darkness?*  (Read 1010 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Harvengure

• Nomad
    • Awards
*lurks in darkness?*
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »
Hola everyone,

Uhhh, there really ins't much to say about myself.  I found this site trying to find some interesting little items to toss into a D&D game to make the magic item feinds in my game happy without horribly unabalacing the game and figured I'd join and see what I can come up with.

As I am sure some of you have noticed, my ideas are rather hit and miss and somewhat all over the place and what not, part of this is the normal ideaness that comes out of people, another part of this is the fact I am austistic and have trouble putting into words the mental images I have (more then most I mean)....so any comments are welcome.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: *lurks in darkness?*
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »
If you look at your items, sure your scores arent very high (you'll get there, we all started hitting low) but you submissions have generated alot of comments. That is can be a good thing! Your submissions have generally been short, but we have not shown proper respect to shorter subs. Your ideas are fairly innovative and interesting.

I hope you hang around and enrich the citadel with your presence.

Peace out.

yo.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:27:55 PM »
If it is little items you desire, then you are lucky, for we have all kinds and shapes of them here. For a start, the Magic Buttons, and the Magic Cigar Challenge contain some truly minor items, that should not be judged by their size. For larger (and sillier) apparel, there is the Selection of Silly Hats. If a more colorful collection is desired, try the Generic Magical Items (lots of reading though). And there's much, much more than I can remember now. Oh, there's even Pottery.

But sorry for the spamming. :)

Now, the ideas you have written down are all fine, there is none that could be called a miss yet. Of course, we do have our questions, and some seem really too short for a stand-alone submission, but as demonstrated above, they can be easily integrated into larger collections. No idea should be lost!

Anyway, welcome to the place. If you see anything strange in these halls... it's probably normal around here. ;)
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
Welcome aboard Mr. Prolific!

It might be I might be too hard on very short subs, so feel free to ignore me when I rant about it.  Your ideas so far have been quite interesting!

While we are spamming:
Might I add http://www.strolen.com/content.php?node=3075Items of War, and http://www.strolen.com/content.php?node=3013 Flawed potions

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »
Welcome aboard, Harvengure. I've had my eye on you since you joined. Yes, I've been watching. I've seen you lurking. I read your submission in work... and now you're im the light! Is it too bright? Anyway, welcome. And keep those ideas coming!
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.