llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Talk of the Town  (Read 8659 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2003, 04:28:28 PM »
Yaz swung his lantern around, lighting the smelly innards of the stable. He heard the snorts of the horses in their pens, and below that, a low whimpering. Yaz walked slowly towards the curled-up vagrant and placed a hand over the front of the lantern to dim the light. "Wakest thee, goodman, wakest thee, lest ye catch thy death of cold" he said, placing his hand on the being's shoulder.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2003, 08:07:42 PM »
Almatari woke to footstepps outside Adel's room. She sniffed just to wake herself. She looked around the room trying to figure out what was going on.
She heard the innkeeper and someone talking.
"hm, maybe I ought to check that out," she thought to herself.
 She walked out of the room to hear Gareth tell the innkeeper to get some warm drinks and food.
 "Gareth?"
 He turned around. "Yes?"
"What's going on?"
"A girl has come to us..."
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2003, 10:26:27 PM »
Lilla woke with a start, badly frightened.  She didn't quite remember where she was at first; in fact all she could remember clearly was her brother's voice and the image of her father.  In the dim light, she saw someone standing over her.  She let out something like a shout and scrambled away from him.  She huddled in the corner, eyes darting about as she got her bearings.  That was right, she'd snuck into the stable of the unpleasant innkeep.  The man who had woken her was one she didn't recognize, but he didn't look very much like he meant harm.   Her heart was thudding rapidly, a combination of the adrenaline of being startled and the fear caused by her dream.  "Who are you?" she demanded in a quavering, but suspicious tone.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2003, 10:33:16 PM »
"Calm thee! Calm thee! I mean thee no harm. I didst not wish thee thy death in the chill. Thou art sodden, and this stable be no place for ye wet and cold." Yaz said, holding up his hands. "I doth have a chamber rented that thou may takest rest in, if thou wouldst wish it. I warn thee, however, that mine travelling partner doth snore near intolerably."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2003, 10:42:24 PM »
By the time Lilla had puzzled out the fellow's peculiar way of speaking, she was already following him out of the stable.  "I thank you for your offer, sir, but... I haven't any money."  She hung a little ways back behind the fellow.  He seemed nice enough, but she wanted a head start if he proved otherwise.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 10:46:48 PM »
Gareth set the warm food down on the table and came to the same room that Tari had been staying with Adel in.  He sat on her bedside She wairily opened her eyes........ "it is no dream then?  You are really not feline but man?  How long have I wondered if you could understand me..... I find out that you could.  You are just as I pictured you would be.   The girl that comes......"

Gareth quickly whispered, "how did you Kno....."

"I just do...... look in my pack give her some of my dry clothes..... they should fit her" Gareth was about to inquire further when Adel said, "I will talk more later.... I am still tired good night Gareth."  

Gareth then searched in her pack and brought forth some dry clothing for the girl to wear.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2003, 02:01:39 PM »
(OOC: Am I still in the front hall? :?)
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2003, 10:42:57 PM »
OOC: Could be you never typed in that you had returned to the room I guess you are were you say you are!  :wink: Are you in the room or hall?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2003, 03:00:28 PM »
OOC: I don't wan't to disturb the meeting of you two again so I am in the hall waiting at the door of the room.  :? Call if you need anything.
Trees!!!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2003, 08:02:52 PM »
(OOC: I thought that Gareth was in the bar, Almatari and Adel were in their room, and Benjam was still sleeping?)

"Needest thou no money. Hath thou never experienced a thankless deed? Truly, misery must be thy lot." Yaz said, letting her into the inn surreptitiously.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2003, 08:03:01 PM »
Lilla followed the fellow, still slightly mistrustful.  As they crossed a lit patch, her appearance was revealed.  She had light brown hair, which would probably be attractive if it wasn't soaking wet and matted from the rain.  Her clothes had obviously seen some hard wear, and places bore scorch marks.  She raised a hand to push her hair out of her eyes, and burn scars were briefly visible.  Then they had left the light and she was in shadows again.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2003, 08:05:20 PM »
Yaz led the way to his room and, when they had arrived, layed out a small palet on the floor of extra blankets. "Mindest thou not mine companion. He art a powerful sleeper."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2003, 08:43:42 PM »
Lilla hesitated for a moment, then nodded.  "Thank you," she said, barely audible.  She curled up on the floor, and her last conscious thought was that this fellow was a nice change, but it couldn't last.  Then she gave into exhaustion and fell asleep again.

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2003, 09:16:23 PM »
OOC: I don't know. I left and fallowed Gareth and then I think I might have collapsed from exaustion on the floor. Who knows maybe Raymer will save me. Oh, idea.

Some time after Raymer had went to bed he woke feeling something must be wrong. He heard someone talking in the room next to his. His stomach let out a low rumble. He had forgotten to eat last evening, what with everything going on.

He pulled on a shirt not wanting to embarrass anyone whom he might meet.
His hair was a mess, little ringlets cut close to his scalp were tossed every which way. His dark complexion reacted to the moonlight in a productive manor. one could barely make him out. He was tan, not a dark tan nor a light one, but naturaly tan from his long hours of horse riding.

Raymer opened the door and light spilled into the room. He brought his hand up to shield his dark eyes. His eyes with his blond curly hair contrasted to perfection. He and his sister looked so much alike that one would think they were twins.

He walked to the bar in search of a food cuppard. Something stopped him, a woman lay collapsed on the floor. He rushed over to her. Tari. he gasped loudly and looked around. There had been a strugle, for her eye was red and puffy. who had done this?

He picked her up and carried her to his room. He laid her on his bed as softly as he could. He then rushed to Adel's room. He thought he had heard Gareth go in there. He opened the door and poked his head inside.

"Gareth?"
"Yes?" he looked back at Raymer from his seat beside Adel.
"I must take Tari some place safe, tonight."
"Why?"
"Something has happened and I would feel safer someplace else."
"Where are you going to go?"
"Riverbend. With the elves."
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2003, 10:52:30 PM »
OOC:
Quote from: "Adel"
Gareth set the warm food down on the table and came to the same room that Tari had been staying with Adel in.
No I was in the room.  

Gareth asked, "what happened to her should I wake the others? Is there danger still about?  Should I notify the keeper of this Inn tell me what need to be done?"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2003, 07:31:22 PM »
"You may want to wake the others and we shall swiftly leave. I do not want to notify the innkeeper because I have a feeling he is behind this." Raymer told Gareth quickly.
"Watch her I will saddle the horses and a cart for our weak two." He ran out of the room leaving Almatari with Gareth.
Trees!!!

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2003, 09:01:27 PM »
Raymer ran out to the stable. readdying the horses. He saw the cart in the corner and did not think to ask for it. When someone tries to hurt your sister you don't mind needless revenge. He cleaned out the cart just dumping the mess where ever. He connected the horse to it.

He lead the six horses to the front of the inn. he tied them to the log outside. He ran in and got a mattress for the two girls so they would be comfy. wagon rides are bumpy.

Behind the barn a shadow moved out of sight of the young man.
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2003, 10:46:17 PM »
Gareth quickly first awoke Adel and said," do not to move; keep watch of Tari and scream if anything happens"  Gareth quickly left to go and wake the others he remembered the travelers and the girl that he had met this night he knew that he would need the traveler for further inquiry and even so more he could not leave them in a potentially dangerous inn with out warning. Thinking not of their reaction he burst in their door and said, " this place is no longer safe I beg of thee to cime and jion our party all of you even the young girl..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2003, 12:40:27 AM »
Lilla came awake suddenly as someone shouted.  She instinctively moved closer to the wall, huddling next to it while she tried to get her bearings.  She'd woken up disoriented, which was common but still uncomfortable.  She peered up at the fellow who had made his entrance so suddenly and realized he was one of the men who had brought her inside.  "What do you mean this place isn't safe anymore?"  It suddenly occured to her that he had said 'Even the young girl.'  Could he mean me? she wondered briefly.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2003, 10:26:56 PM »
Benjam and Yaz sat up in bed almost simultaneously.
"What in Inferno?!" Benjam said, shielding his eyes against the light.
"Calm thee, intruder, and explain thyself!" exclaimed, blinking owlishly.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2003, 10:59:52 PM »
Gareth spoke quickly though his breath was already harsh, " Raymer came in and told me that it was nolonger safe to stay in this inn his sister has been attacked and I sense wrong about this place.  I canot force you but I do ask you to follow us become part of our party we will travel together until we atleast reach safer lands.  You Yaz have had a dream which may be very important.  I am not sure if it is the last you will have, or even why it came to you I will try to help you as well as myself understand why.  Young girl in the corner I am sorry but I know not your name You are welcome to join us I pray thee not to be fearful of me or my companions we mean you no harm and only wish to offer you fair warning as well as a means of escape.  Whatever your choice we must have it now........ Will you join us?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©