llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Talk of the Town  (Read 9774 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« on: May 10, 2003, 02:20:58 PM »
The rain came down in sheets, soaking anyone out and about clear through their bones.
In the distance there was an inn, barely visible to the young woman on her horse.
"There do you see it, Raymar?" she asked one of her companions.
"The little light in the distance? Yes, I do."
"That's where we are headed."
She pulled at her hair, which was sandy blond and curly and reached down her back.  I wish I had some rope or yarn she thought to herself.
"Let's go," she said and healed her white stalion to the inn.

It didn't take long to get there, being on horses and all, but she was shivering badly.
"Tari, I'll take care of Quessar for you. Go in and get changed and a drink.
Something hearty would do, I believe" Raymer said
"Thank you, Raymer." She said in responce, and walked into the inn.
"Excuse me?"
"One moment," a man behind the bar said. He was talking with a woman who was wearing a little too less clothing. He kissed her and turned to Almatari.
"Now how may I help you?"
"I would like three rooms please."
"Three? now what would you do with three rooms, little lady?"
"I have six in my company, at the moment. What I do in my own quarters is my own."
"I beg your pardon." He bowed slightly, mocking her. She glaired at him, she had no choice but to stay here for the night, but would be darned in this repulsive man were to make her leave (This girl is wery stubbarn)
"We have six rooms open and nobody else will be comin' in. We close the rooms soon," the man said, "would you like all six?"
"Okay," Almatari said, and she got her room number and went to change.
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 06:03:26 PM »
A small elvin girl peered at the barkeeper form beneath the wet black hood that covered her head. upon her shoulder sat a very unhappy Cat. The cat was soaking wet .  This cat was a curious one he was a blonde cat with aone eye green and the other blue; His name was Gareth.This cat had a personality all his own, and looked as if he would speak if any would care to listen.  the barkeeper sneered at the cat.  The girl Glared at the bar keeper the appruptly turned about and followed Tari to the rooms.  She bid Her a good night and turned to her room.

The girl's name was Adel; she had long brown hair and sharp green eyes, she was still frightened from what had transpassed. She was only thankful that she was found by Tari.  Adel was forced to leave the only home she ever known and the only family that had ever accepted her.  now they were gone. The only one left was her only friend, her faithful Gareth.  The last few days had proved to be tiring for the young elf she had found that the parents she believed to be her own were indeed not , and that this old spell book as well as the amulent that  she wore about her neck were the only things left of her true parents.  Thousands of thoughts flashed wildly through her mind.  "Tonight... Tonight Gareth I will find the truth..." she mumbled lightly to him.  

Gareth looked at her with a glare of knowledge... He knew what was to take place to night though Adel had not yet thought of it herself.

Ade heard something... a calming whisper as it seemed.  Strangely she was not afraid... it was if she had known the voice before.. as if from a dream.. she looke dat Gareth... did you say something?  

An hour later..
              A large noise could be heard from Adel's room it was like thunder a hundred times over.  The other five companoins hurried to the room to find Adel in a very weak state still clutching the amulent that normally swung about her neck... In the corner stood another elf this one male.  he was about the same age as Adel the companoins in the quickly charged at the elf as Tari went to Adel's side... Adel tried to speak yet could only whisper..." No, look at his eyes; don't hurt him look at his eyes..."
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 10:48:22 PM »
Almatari looked the blond elf over, he seemed familiar. 'Where have I seen him before?' she thought.
"No, look at his eyes; dont hurt him look at his eyes" Adel could barely whisper.
Almatari heard her as did some of the others. She looked at his eyes and gasped, one was blue and the other green.
"Gareth?" she asked the blond elf. He nodded. She looked over to Adel and she leaned down to her side of the bed.
"Adel, you must believe you will be fine. An imortal like yourself wouldn't die from a fright."
The elf nodded her understanding (can't anyone do anything but nodd here?) and she tried to regain her breathing abilities, she wasn't a fish for goodness sake.
"Adel, Gareth can either of you tell me what happened?" she waited for a responce and could wait all night.
Trees!!!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Earlier that night...
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 11:19:41 PM »
"Bah!"
Yazmodon Kydar, waved his fist at his table mate, Benjam Astrai.
"Thy dice art loaded, I give ye! Wert though not mine companion, I wouldst smite thee jaw-wise, sure." he said, scowling at Benjam.
Benjam laughed, tossed the dice again. "Tis so, though they be but jesting dice. Mine real dice art in mine pocket." He retrieved them from the pocket of his greatcoat and set them on the table.
"Heard I that wild Lord Spytflame of Neverdale doth once again go forth to Daemonland? Didst he not have enough of that gods-forsaken land enow he went three years past?" Yaz said, tossing the loaded dice at Benjam.
"Aye, and a right folly be he in, going bereft of men or armings, and without supplies, also. Tis a hard land, heard I, with no water or meat, and with rocks and hills as far as eye meets." Benjam replied, glancing over as a young, sodden woman stepped into the tavern. "Aye, Yaz, look on. She be toothsome one, she. Mayhap she be as a firefly for catching."
Yaz shook his head. "Nay. Ones such as that art consorts, hear, to men like our own King Joseph. But would that one such as that wert free."
Benjam slapped Yaz on the forehead. "Fool! See how she art sodden, and doth walk in travelling garb? No consorts wouldst dress so! She be free, say I!"
Yaz shrugged. "Better to return to our gambling, so sayeth I."
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 11:22:34 PM »
Gareth ran to her side... He looked at Tari and smiled ... "She is not frightened; she is weak from the use of her magic.... yes her magic she didn't know that she could do such things... there is still alot that she doesn't know... but for now that will have to wait....she needs to rest... I'll explian it all tomorrow.  tari will you stay with her tonight?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 11:41:04 PM »
"I will, Gareth you can have my room for the night."
Gareth accepted and ran to Tari's room, but on his way out he glanced back
"Thanks Tari,"
"It is not a problem, Gareth, now to bed you have a lot of explaining in the morning."
"Yes ma'am" he replied mock soluteing.
Almatari sat next to her friend in a chair someone had placed beside the bed.

Meanwhile out in the hall, Benjamin and Yaz were coming out of the now closed bar heartily drunk arguing over one thing or another.
"schweeb hafdest bef freed"
"dothest de bee serbvant tobth thed kiong"
"Nay,"
"ay,"
and so on untill they stumbled into their room for a little sleep. (I don't envy the hang over they will have tomorrow morning)
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 11:53:52 PM »
Gareth was overjoyed to once again be in his human form.  it was up to him to teach his dear friend Adel how to use her magic for there was evil on the rise... first they must go back to the land of her for fathers that is where he can refresh in his mind the prophesy that is to be fufilled... the same prophesy that has waken him in the night... tomorrow he will explain to Adel as well as the others who she really is...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
In the middle of the night...
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 11:54:43 PM »
Yaz sat up straight, sweating, panting.
"Benjam! Benjam! Rouse thee! I hath had a premonition!" he said, stepping over to Benjam's bed and shaking him.
"Uugh....Yaz...Yaz, stop...Head...ache..." Benjam slurred, grabbing Yaz's arms.
"I hath had a premonition!" Yaz repeated, voice slightly shrill.
"Uh...Fine, fine, tell me of thy premonition." Benjam said groggily, sitting up.
Yaz ran his hands through his brown hair and rubbed his face. "I saw....I saw a green jewel that didst shine with inner light, and a sword that smote it into pieces. Then, I didst see the woman, thou know of whom I speak, who we wert arguing over, and a girl with a cat, a cat with one green and one blue eye! But what did it mean?"
Benjam lay back in his bed, listening to the sound of rain and thunder. "I art not an oracle, Yaz. Mayhap though shouldst sleep on it." he said, and then fell into snoring.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2003, 12:02:38 AM »
Gareth stopped in his thoughts as he sensed the object of the drunken fellow's dream... " I must know what he saw... "  With his elvin gift of stealth he slowly creeped in to the strangers room... He quickly reached and put his hand over the man's mouth... " I wish you no harm please follow me I wish only to speak..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2003, 12:10:41 AM »
Benjam still was quite still and snorted loudly in his sleep as Gareth crept into the room. Yaz let out a muffled cry as Gareth put his hand over his mouth, but even this would not wake his friend.
"I wish you no harm. Please follow me, I wish only to speak..." the intruder said.
Yaz nodded, followed after the elven-looking man down the hall of the darkened inn.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 12:23:09 AM »
OOC: you just restated what I said :lol: you said it prettier though

Garet took him into his room and released him gareth turned aroud and as the fire light flickered about his face  he questioned the man... " My name Is Gareth,  I know you just had a disrupting dream and I need you to tell me exactly what you saw..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2003, 12:39:29 AM »
OOC:  I know I restated it. It was from a different point of view, though. Yaz's point of view.

"And why wouldst thou know this dream of prophecy? Art thou an oracle, that wouldst probe mine dream for hidden meanings?" Yaz said, looking upon the strange elf. "Wert this night's other situations not equally strange, I wouldst be amazed of the sight of one of thy kind. I hath never beheld an elf."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2003, 12:47:20 AM »
OCC: sorry my mistake... please continue! :oops:

"No I am no oracle I am.... only sensitive to the human mind... and the thoughts that run through it.... I know what your dream was about but do not know the specific Ideas... please tell me of your dream and mind you be specific of what you saw..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2003, 12:58:53 AM »
Yaz blinked, shook his head. "I beheld a green jewel, like as none I hath ever seen, that didst glow with light not of this earth. And I didst see a heavy sword, dented with much use, that swung without hand and smote the jewel into dust. Then I didst behold a woman that I didst see earlier erenow, in the tavern, speaking to a small, elven girl in a robe, who to mine eye didst appear half-mad with fright. And the girl didst hold a cat, with an eye of blue and an eye of green." he said, and took a deep breath."So? What doth thee make of that, stranger?"

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2003, 11:45:19 AM »
Almatari sat with here head on her friends bed. No chance for a good nights sleep. A young man poked his head into the room "Poor 'Tari" he whispered and came in. He gently shook her sholder to wake her.

"Back you devil!" she screamed jumping to her feet.
He grabbed her sholder and brought her into a hug "Shhh," he said to her.
"Ray-Raymer?" she was tense, "oh, I thought you were-"
"It was just a dream," he reassured her and she relaxed into his arms.
"I brought you a mattress and a couple blankets,"
"Thank you, dear brother."
"No problem, little sister."
Raymer situated the mattress beside Adel's bed. 'She must be very weak as Gareth said' Almatari thought to herself before laying down and drifting back to sleep.

Raymer tip-toed out of the two girls room, and quietly shut the door.
he heard a little shreak that was quickly scilenced.
Coursity got the better of him, so he walked twards the direction of the sound. This was his pourpose to being here a guard on the travel, or something like a ranger. He was a little more trained than most Rangers
having lived with the elves and being taught their ways he could shoot an arrow through a weighted leaf right through the center. Tari could weild a sword better than any man alive. She had been taught by the finest of warriors, Claudious deMittle

OOC: or sir-not-appering-in-this-story

Raymer was looking for the sourse of the sound and figured that it was just somebody in their sleep. He arrived at his door and walked in, just missing Gareth and Yaz slip out of the room next to his.
Trees!!!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2003, 06:34:52 PM »
"This green stone can you describe it.... had it a chain or no...  Was there an inscription?   I know I ask alot of questions but I must know can you remember..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2003, 09:50:04 PM »
"The stone, it art green like the sea, a bluish-green. It did not hangeth from a chain, but wast set into a torc of gold, embossed with runes of power." Yaz said, twitching his head to look out the window at the storm. "It art a mighty storm, aye? But like a dog, it wilt tire itself out by morn coming."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2003, 10:15:07 PM »
Lilla knocked on the inn door.  It was late, and she was soaked.  The inn door was opened by a grubby looking fellow.  "Can I help you, miss?" he asked, irritably.  
This was the hardest thing she had ever done.  "I was wondering if you might have some... spare food and a dry place to sleep."
"I got both, if you got the money for it."  She looked down, uncomfortably aware of how hot her face was.  "But you haven't got it, have you?"  She remained silent.  "Well, I might could get something together, if you made it worth my while..."  His voice trailed off, and he looked her over, leering suggestively.
Lilla slapped him.  She had fallen on hard times.  But not that hard.  Never that hard.  Even a beggar had her pride.  In fact, at the moment, that was all she had.
The innkeep looked shocked, then outraged.  He grabbed her arm and flung her away from the door.  "You better just get the hell on your way, or I'll set the dog on you."  He slammed the door as Lilla picked herself up.  
She glared at the door, uttering incharitable things about the man's personal hygeine, his parentage, and his relationship with livestock.  She made her way around the building, contemplating forcing a window and sneaking inside anyway.  No.  She could see lights in some places, and low voices drifted from behind the ill-fitting windows.  She sighed, and headed for the stable.  At least it was dry.  She huddled near the wall, hoping that the stable hand would make enough noise to warn her.  It was unlikely that she'd get any sleep, but then, she hadn't been sleeping well anyway.  And if she couldn't sleep, she couldn't have nightmares.  She'd been having nightmares with increasing frequency.  She assumed that the nightmares were the result of all that had happened.  It was to be expected, she supposed.  But it didn't matter.  As uncomfortable as she was, and as much as the prospect of nightmares didn't appeal to her, she still succumbed to exhaustion almost immediately.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2003, 10:24:21 PM »
As he looked out the window, beheld a haggard figure, speaking with the greasy innkeeper. What was this? Some sort of argument. Yaz looked on uncomfortably as the ragged being stumbled again into the rain. "Pray, good sir, I must take mine leave of thee. An....Engagement calls me." he said, turning to Gareth, then hurrying back to his room. As he slipped his greatcoat on, Benjam snorted, turned, snuggled back into his blankets. I must do something about that beggar, lest an unneeded death doth occur...

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2003, 10:36:54 PM »
Gareth seeing what This greasy man was going to do offered his lantern to aid the man... He also offed to go down stairs and order some food and drink be brought up.  Gareth knew all to well the hardships in life and was ready to help anyone in need.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2003, 10:48:07 PM »
((OOC: Note that Lilla's out like a light, and if you suddenly find her in the stable, you'll probably scare the hell out of her, which could be entertaining in and of itself.))

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2003, 10:49:46 PM »
OCC: thats why I'm letting the bird go out there!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2003, 10:56:13 PM »
OOC: I'll note that.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2003, 11:21:34 PM »
((OOC:  While we're discussing it, I should probably point out that Lilla isn't armed, nor is she a spell-caster.  So far as she knows.   :evil:   So you'll be more or less safe.))

Lilla hadn't been sleeping but a few minutes when the nightmares started.  She moaned and huddled closer to the stable wall, while the horses looked on in mild interest.  Some people reacted to nightmares by thrashing about in their sleep.  She just curled into a tight ball and whimpered.  Sometimes she cried in her sleep.  It was a small kindness that she remained unaware of this behavior.  As always, the dream was disjointed.

She walked along the stream next to her brother.  "You haven't got long, Lilla.  You haven't got long."
"Of course I have, silly."
"No Lilla.  Not long.  There will be a family reunion soon, Lilla.  Then you won't have any more time."
Then she was walking with her father.  "Not long, my pet.  Not long at all.  Won't you like to help me sort the wares again, Lilla?  Won't you?  You can help me sort the wares like a good little girl.  But there's something you must do first."
"I don't understand, Papa."
"You know what you have to do.  All that remains is doing it.  Don't you want to go with me?"  
An acrid smell suddenly filled the air.  Lilla remembered abruptly that she did not want to go with her father.  She backed away fearfully, as his face underwent a horrific change.  Large burns sprang up all over him, his hair curled into charred strands, and his eyes suddenly went horribly white. He looked as he did when she had last seen him.  He approached.  "Don't you want to come with me, little one?  Don't you want to see your family?"  He approached, reaching towards her with the claw-like remains of one hand.

There the dream lost coherence, and was mainly flames and the awful image of her father's corpse, and the sound of her brother, five years dead, stressing over and over that she didn't have much time.  She whimpered again, and curled into an even tighter ball.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Talk of the Town
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2003, 11:38:35 PM »
Gareth climbed slowly down the stairs and ordered the barkeeper to give him two orders stew and water remembering that he himself had not yet eaten.  Taking out a few coins that Adel and he took with them as they began this journey he paid for the food and returned to his room awaiting the for the two to return.

Adel shifted slightly in her sleep.  Her hand still clasped the amulent that she wore about her neck.  before it was only a pice of jewelry worn but now it was a piece of her.... it called to her.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©