llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Player Request: Paranoia-cha-cha-cha!  (Read 3616 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Master Questor
    • Awards
Player Request: Paranoia-cha-cha-cha!
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:37:24 PM »
Friend citizen, your security clearance is hereby upgraded to Red. You are required to report to troubleshooting briefing at 0900 hours, citizen. Tardiness is treason.

So, I've been conned into starting a Paranoia game here on the boards. For those of you who know the setting, great. For those of you that don't, even better.

It is sci-fi dystopia, at its blackest humor. You are a citizen of Alpha Complex, generated by the computer to populate Alpha labs. Like all other clones, you will serve the computer at its whim, at least until it decides you're a traitor, and shoots you. You are troubleshooters. You find trouble, and you shoot it. Do a good enough job, and the computer might promote you, instead of shooting you. Or, it might shoot you, then promote you. Or promote you, then shoot you, then demote you. If you're lucky, you'll even do it with the gizmo from R&D. But probably not. If it works, your party members will probably report you to the computer, and then take it.

If you're up to a terrible, horrible game of backstabbing, lying, cheating, stealing, and treason, let me know. If you want to know more, let me know, but being confused is half the fun of Paranoia.

Chargen will happen later this week if I have fast response.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: Player Request: Paranoia-cha-cha-cha!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:40:19 PM »
Sure, I'll give it a shot.  At least until I get killed.  X3
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:02 PM »
"Yes, friend Computer!  Reporting as ordered!" he said, trying not to burp after wolfing down his ration of Hot Fun #3.
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:28:37 PM »
"Ouch - Stop twisting my arm you stupid robot.."

I'm in...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »
One to two slots left, take em up~!