llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Those Darned Rogues!  (Read 1394 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Those Darned Rogues!
« on: May 17, 2007, 07:19:37 PM »
You know the type….

He’s in your party, but while the rest of the crew wants to go rescue the princess, he chooses to mug some random passerby, so the entire party has to flee from the Watch instead…

She acts like a “lost little girl”, but she’s actually picking the pockets of each of the party members, and when she gets caught, she screams that she’s being kidnapped…

Four party members search the 10 foot square cell he was in, but can’t find him.  As you try to leave, he stabs you in the back from the shadows…

Yes, I’m talking about the MOST ANNOYING ROGUE EVER!  Have you met him?  I’d bet that you have!

What thiefly, roguish scoundrel do you remember being most annoyed by?  Please share your fond memories (if you nailed the jerk) or sorrowful reminiscences (if he got away).
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
Re: Those Darned Rogues!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
Keith Blade, adventurer extraordinare.

This character was part of a GM-less Final Fantasy-based RP site I played at a while back. He was played by a certain person who played many other characters that would get on your nerves. Anyway, he was a thief of major ability, and you could never quite pin him down, even when you knew for a fact he was stealing your purse. I wanted to murder his arse a few times, but no luck. He was considered 'clan', and as a general rule, you didn't attack those in the clan, especially when you're one yourself.. Friggin' rogues.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:37:06 AM »
Kirthanas

Half Elf Rogue played by one of my players long ago.

What I chiefly remember about him is that he used his thief abilities to hoard up on magic loot and, at the end of the campaign, he used those very items to force the other player characters to yield any and all treasure to him. Quite a sight, watching a thief threaten a warrior with the result being the warrior cowering in fear.

Whenever he is mentioned the other players grit their teeth and curse beneath their breath, while the offending player smiles and fade into daydreams.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »
Darned Kender! Stealing my gosh-darned straw hats!

Long ago, when I first started roleplaying... we played a Dragonlance adventure. We discovered the lost dragons, we rescued a Minotaur from prison, and lots of other fun stuff. But... there were the Kender. The Annoying Child-like Race of Krynn that steal without realizing it. Their skills were overpowered (at least the way my GM was playing them) and they could get away with anything, Including: Stealing my hat from my head without moving, already possessing any item we migh have wanted to use to barter with it (It was my bag of gems!), and just being very... annoying...

The Fighter: "Hey, You, little guy, let go of my axe."
Kender: "This is my axe. My grandfather gave it to me when I was 10."
The Fighter:" How old are you?"
Kender:"6. Why?"

Ugh, just ridiculous... Anyone else ever been on the bad end of a Kender?
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:57:05 PM »
Acey Quickfoot...

How I hated that little bastard. In my early days of Dungeons and Dragons Acey was the favorite character of one of my friends. Aside from being your stereotypical Dragonlance Kender, Acey and his player were compulsive touchers. If Acey or his player talked to you he would touch you and after a while that got real annoying. Chronicly upbeat, full of the corniest one liners you can think of and dear god it just would not stop.

Rat's chance in a room full of cats, but still going for the cheese!

DIE ACEY DIE!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity