llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Echoes within the Chat Room...  (Read 983 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Echoes within the Chat Room...
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:44:44 PM »
I popped in to the chat room.  There Dozus was, lurking in the shadows...
[Wulfhere] 8:27 pm: Hail, Dozus!
[Wulfhere] 8:28 pm: Master of the 101 Hats!
[Wulfhere] 8:28 pm: 100 Hats?
[Wulfhere] 8:28 pm: 99.37 Hats?

At this point I realized that Dozus had left hours before, and I was speaking to an old coatrack that Strolen had left in there when he was setting up his Christmas tree last December.  The silent shadows of the the chat room began to play tricks on my mind...

Overcome by hallucination, I began talking to myself.

[Wulfhere] 8:30 pm: Alas, Poor Yorick!  I knew him well, Horatio!
[Wulfhere] 8:31 pm: He owed me 15 florins!
[Wulfhere] 8:31 pm: And not those crummy French Florins, either!  Genuine Florentine Florins!
[Wulfhere] 8:32 pm: Quick, hand me a shovel.  Maybe he had some change left in his pocket when they buried him.

I'm soliciting donations for the "Help Wulfhere Memorize More Than One Crummy Line of That Soliloquoy Fund", the entire proceeds of which will help me buy bottle after bottle of Chaucer's Mead, which should inspire a great deal of Shakespearean study.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:42:37 AM by Wulfhere »
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Echoes within the Chat Room...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:27:56 AM »
Mmmmm. Mead.

For those who haven't, this stuff really is worth a try... :)

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:05:24 AM »
Ninja vanish!

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »
Alas, poor Yorick!--I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kiss'd I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen? Now, get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come; make her laugh at that.--Pr'ythee, Horatio, tell me one thing.

That might help with your sililoquyesent woes, though one never knows.  On a side note, I usually see a similar coatrack shaped thing in the morning, at about 9am EST, in the general shape of Echo.  On occasion it'll actually be that well known figure, but generally it's something else, with all the charm and character of a wet sock.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »
'Tis true, that many of us have fallen victim to the Chattleganger, the dread beast that lurks in chat rooms, a mockery of our friends and allies, until we approach closely, which causes the shy beast to assume the guise of an article of furniture.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:33:36 PM by Wulfhere »
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai