llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Youtubian Music Exchange  (Read 43838 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dragonlordmax

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: The Youtubian Music Exchange
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2007, 11:05:44 AM »
Link:

Title: The Highwayman
Genre: Folk? Maybe?
Comment: It's a classic, for good reason. And the visuals aren't bad either.

Link:

Title: My Shiny Teeth and Me
Genre: Pop/Humor
Comment: This one's from the cartoon Fairly Oddparents, but it's a good song nonetheless. I like it, anyway.
He who says little speaks two syllables.
-God of Thunder

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »
It's the AROCKALYPSE!

Lordi - The Devil is a Loser (..and he's my &^%$@)

Lordi - Would you love a Monster Man?

I. Love. This. Band.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2007, 07:48:17 PM »
A link so you see the new mod I just installed. :)

Mad World

I am addicted to this movie and this song is just awesome for it!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
We all know that many metal bands draw their inspiration from Tolkien. But are there any that were inspired by Lovecraft? I mean if you think about it, metal music and dark extra-dimensional horrors probably make a good combination. Any thoughts?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2007, 10:52:18 AM »
*WIKIPEDIA ENTRY*

There are many musical references to Cthulhu, especially in the genres of Heavy Metal, Gothic Rock and Folk music.

Bal-Sagoth: "Shackled to the Trilithon of Kutulu" from The Chthonic Chronicles
Beatallica, a spoof band combining Metallica tracks with songs from The Beatles likewise references Cthulhu in their song "The Thing That Should Not Let It Be", from their A Garage Dayz Nite EP. The song is a combination of "The Thing That Should Not Be" by Metallica and "Let It Be" by The Beatles.
British progressive rock band Caravan has a song "C'thlu Thlu" on their 1973 album For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night.
Clutch mentions Cthulhu's "red-headed step-child" in "Circus Maximus" off their Robot Hive/Exodus album.
Cradle of Filth has a song called "Cthulhu Dawn" on the album Midian. The album Nymphetamine 2004 has several references to Cthulhu including chants of "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" in both "Mother of Abomination" and "Satyriasis". R'lyeh is mentioned in the lyrics of the song "English Fire" on the same album. They also have an album titled "Lovecraft & Witch Hearts". Songwriter Dani Filth treats Cthulhu as a female entity.
The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, a Canadian rock band, makes frequent (and usually tongue-in-cheek) references to Cthulhu and other members of the Lovecraft mythos, going so far as to have albums with names like Cthulhuriffomania! and Cthulhu Strikes Back. They also produced Let Sleeping Gods Lie, an album made with Wizards of the Coast to promote the new edition of the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game.
Mark E Smith of The Fall based his track "The Horror in Clay" on his spoken-word album "The Post Nearly Man" on Lovecraft's "The Call of Cthulhu".
Fields of the Nephilim featured references to Cthulhu, particularly in songs on the album The Nephilim.
A quotation from "The Call of Cthulhu" ("That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons, even death may die") appears on a tombstone on the cover of Iron Maiden's Live After Death album.
Epic heavy metal band Manilla Road dedicated the album Atlantis Rising to the concept of Cthulhu fighting the Norse Gods and Poseidon over the newly risen city of Atlantis.
Metallica wrote two songs referencing Cthulhu: The instrumental "The Call of Ktulu", recorded on the 1984 album Ride the Lightning, and "The Thing That Should Not Be", appearing on the 1986 album Master of Puppets. Both of these tracks also appear on the band's album with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, S&M. The band's late bassist Cliff Burton was an avid Lovecraft fan. [citation needed]
Many of Morbid Angel's songs reference Cthulhu and the Cthulhu Mythos. Such include on the album Abominations of Desolation the songs on there are Azagthoth (referring to Azathoth), Angel of Disease (which mentions Cthulhu, Ancient Ones, Shub-Niggurath, and the Elder Gods), and The Gate/Lord of All Fevers. On the Formulas Fatal to the Flesh album, almost all the songs on there have references to the Cthulhu Mythos Also the lead guitarist is named Trey Azagthoth.
The American death metal band Nile refers to Cthulhu or related deities in various songs, with some of their work related to Lovecraftian fiction, including the album title Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka (from "The Outsider") and the song "Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten". In addition, the album Ithyphallic includes references to Cthulhu in the song "What Can Be Safely Written". Most of the band members, particularly Karl Sanders, admit to being great fans of Lovecraft's work.
Samael, a black metal band from Switzerland, had an instrumental track named "Rite of Cthulhu" on their album Worship Him.
Tom Smith has written several songs which feature Cthulhu, including a parody of the song "Hakuna Matata" (from the Disney film The Lion King) entitled "Cthulhu Fthagn". The song is primarily sung by Dagon and Abhoth, gods in the Cthulhu mythos.[1] Others include "House at Cthulhu Corner" (Based on "House at Pooh Corner,") and "Cthulhu Lite FM."
The symphonic metal band Therion released a song named "Ctulhu" on their second studio album Beyond Sanctorum (1992). There is also a demo version of "Ctulhu" on the 2000 re-release of this album.
The Tiger Lillies performed the Song "Cult of Cthulhu" on their tour (and available on DVD) for the Lovecraft inspired tour of Mountains of Madness
The black metal band Venom's song "The Evil One" off their album Cast in Stone has a reference to Cthulhu.
The Norwegian black metal band 1349's song "From the Deeps" is about the rise of Chtulhu.

*WIKIPEDIA ENTRY*
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Locations Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2007, 09:03:26 AM »
So they already have made that connection. Thanks for the info,Muro.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2007, 10:37:48 AM »
Wonder if the end credits to Portal count?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:37:35 PM by Strolen »

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »
OMFG!  That's so sexy...  Oh gawd.  LOL.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Michael Jotne Slayer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Retreat now? In our moment of triumph?
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Dungeon of the Year 2010 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »
Hehe, the number of metal bands that derive their names from Tolkiens books is hilarious. :)
Orkrist = Slovakian for Orcrist = Middle Earth sword wielded by Gandalf (means "Goblin-Cleaver").

Hehe. Reminds me of back in the day when I used to play Middle Earth while listening to Manowar and stuff. :)

you listened to manowar?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

A skeleton walks into a bar and ask the Bartender: “Do you serve skeletons here?”

Times being what they are the wily Bartender replies: “sure, we serve anyone.”

The skeleton hands the man a silver and says: “Fine, I’ll have a pitcher of beer…and a mop”

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »
I was actually a player there. The GM was a big time Manowar fan and thus I listened. It actually worked.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 01:35:31 AM »
The Musicians in question are one Naio Ssaion -  Rock/ classical, with musicians who truly know their instruments.

In General: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Naio+Ssaion&search_type=

In Specific 

In a related story, Children of Bodom  do much the same thing

It is late, I will imbed these later.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2008, 05:35:27 AM »
Leningrad Cowboys + Red Army Choir + Sweet Home Alabama = Utterly and completely cool combination:

And for those who want to get some more of the Russian vibe, there is also Kalinka:
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2008, 06:17:59 PM »
Ah, the 80's and New wave. Loved it. Loved this tune from Alphaville, a band virtually unheard of in the U.S. but big in Europe.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »
I dedicate this one to Murometz:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2008, 06:36:17 PM »
Can we get a transcript?

Loved the skycarrier! :P

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2008, 07:32:31 PM »
Transcript:

A girl is pissed off at all the losers and "piggies" that were once her boyfriends, but broke her heart, or were a-holes, etc.

The last lines sum it up best.

"All you cheating bastard pigs, gather together into one big pile, and then go F*** yoursleves!" (yes, she actually says, go f*** yourselves)

LMAO!!! Nice video AG!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2008, 07:12:48 AM »
You're welcome, sir Murometz!

Sometimes I like stuff like this:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2008, 07:28:38 AM »
I would never have gathered that from the video :P

Sometimes it sucks being monolingual....

Transcript:

A girl is pissed off at all the losers and "piggies" that were once her boyfriends, but broke her heart, or were a-holes, etc.

The last lines sum it up best.

"All you cheating bastard pigs, gather together into one big pile, and then go F*** yoursleves!" (yes, she actually says, go f*** yourselves)

LMAO!!! Nice video AG!

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2008, 07:24:11 AM »
Well, I have to add some Norwegian humour here.
Puritans: Do not watch it. It is incompatible with Bible belt ideologists.
@Work dudes: Do not watch it.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »
I love the Pixies!

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »
Space Oddity by Bowie... tis nice!

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:10 AM »
Just watched another vid of that Russian song. Man, the singer should use herself in her vids. She is drop dead gorgeous!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »
Song is Engel by Rammstein, one of my fav bands. Video is spliced together from Neon Genesis Evangelion, one of my fav animes

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »
Repo! the Genetic Opera
Excellent cyberpunk material

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Engel is awesome!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!