llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Sample Deadspace Realm  (Read 15938 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
A Sample Deadspace Realm
« on: April 11, 2003, 04:47:06 PM »
Great Doghead Realm of Megatrang (GDR Megatrang)
Capitol World/Planet: Burcemia/Windus
Population: 500 Quadrillion (Dogheads 75%, Others 25%)
Ruler: Grand Minister Sotha Vira
Government System: Republic
Assets: 10 Pentrillion Zenny (A form of intergalactic currency)

Armed Forces: The Megatrang Armed Forces (Standing, 200 Billion soldiers)
The Megatrang Aerospace Navy (Standing, 95 Billion soldiers)
The Megatrang Planetary Defense Assembly (Volunteer/Draft in times of danger, 200 Billion soldiers)
Worlds:Burcemia (Realm Capitol, Preserved/Metropolitan World, System Capitol: Windus)
Alathius (Military/Industrial World, System Capitol: Grimward,  Site of Kaiser Gate Gamma)
Kukal (Agricultural/Preserved World, System Capitol: Moondraze)
Zissitan (Military World, System Capitol: Agandis)
Podega (Industrial/Metropolitan World, System Capitol: Podega Prime)
Zipoltlia (Formerly Agricultural/Preserved World, System Capitol: Copal, now barren after Xenonid attack)
Gaundunsah (Former Industrial World, System Capitol: Vizzelv, now destroyed after Xenonid attack)
White Knight (Military/Metropolitan World, System Capitol: Arthur)
Genmel (Former Metropolitan/Agricultural World, System Capitol: Grayben, barren after the Trang-Filvor War)
Egenedt (Industrial/Military World, System Capitol: Shalp)
Allies:Hokex Imau Realm, United Telphurian Nations, Bagara Kingdom, Embra Republic, Tishtishan Realm, Pershalan United Bodies, Daambraathan Federation, Chaukonan Federation
Enemies: Varconian Empire, Xenonid Hive Fleet, NORG, Biodermatic Nation, Filvor Realm

Possessions: Helkkted Waystation (Space Station)
Grushdeva Relic (Unexplored Relic)
Melepos Waystation (Space Station)
Temeli Relic (Relic, being studied)

One of the richest, most powerful, and most influential Realms in the Galaxy, Megatrang has taken a large part in many interstellar wars and has had it's own troubles with the nearby Realm of Filvor. the GDR Megatrang has the distinction of being one of only twelve democratic Realms in the Galaxy. It also has given quite generously to other Realms, offering huge aid packages and even (After the Second Chaukona-Varcon War) territory to it's allies. It is also known as the premier military power among Doghead Realms.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
LoadDocC9Zeta: Sub-Route 8Alpha: An Essay on Darkspace....
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 05:28:51 PM »
...and it's composition.
-Subject: Darkspaces
-Sent To: GDR Megatrang Windus City Government Labratories; Head of the Interplanetary Materials Division Yulbasz Roulda
-Sent From: GDR Megatrang Battleship Ogre Heart; Lieutenant Science Officer Thoma Razagal
-Dezember 42nd
-load43B
-load44B(DebootPrg78)
-loadAttachmentGamma
-EnfrcGamma
-loadSlaveandMaster
-DebootPrgAz
The strange and dangerous zones of space known as Darkspaces are little understood and have claimed many lives. But what are these mysterious regions of space? For all the average Doghead knows, they may be doorways to Hell for all they know. Here is what is generally known by those of above-average education:

-They are regions of space made up of a substance called Darkmatter
-They are hazardous to travel through
-They often contain meteors of pure Darkmatter
-They are better off left alone

Darkmatter is a little studied substance that seems to exist in all of the three states of matter (Solid, liquid, and gas) as well as an unknown fourth state of matter. Most of the time, it exists in clouds as a gas matter, black, purple, and very dark blue, or invisible, in color. As a liquid, it floats in globules and appears to have a freezing point fractions of a fraction of a fraction above absolute zero. It also appears in asteroids of pure black Darkmatter floating among the gasses. But threads of violet and black energy seem to arc through the clouds like Darkmatter lightning, and that is the unknown fourth state. It is known that Darkmatter, like antimatter, reacts destructively to normal matter, but in a more subtle way, if a total conversion into liquid-state Darkmatter can be called subtle.

And so, we can say with certainty, that Darkspaces are nebulae of Darkmatter, containing it in all it's states of matter. As conversion into liquid-state Darkmatter is probably not a pleasant experience, and does little for your career or looks, it would probably be best to avoid them altogether.
-Lieutenant Science Officer Thoma Razagal
-loadattach
-seeattach.......ENTER
Dear Yulbasz,
I hope this clears up anything in the Trainees Department. I'll see you when the Ogre Heart gets to port. We're passing the Von Karten Darkspace in Hokex Imau this very moment.
See you in Megatrang Space,
Thoma[/i]

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 05:40:38 PM »
So I take it they either don't consider plasma to be a state of matter, or don't grok that plasma is a form of matter?
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 06:05:52 PM »
Well, they do....
Just that I forgot about plasma at the moment.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
A Student's Point of View...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 06:22:29 PM »
...On Officer Thoma Razagel's Darkmatter Theory
From: Windus City Government Lab Science Academy; Cadet Second Year Myekull Gedran-

Though the great Thoma Razagel is eminent in the Galaxy's scientific community, he seems to have made a careless mistake in his work. He has forgotten a state of matter. Obviously, with all due respect to Officer Razagel, the substance known as Darkmatter must come in the form of plasma. As a superheated gas, Darkmatter may be even more dangerous than in any other state, though perhaps it's fifth state of matter (assuming that this fifth state is not plasma) is even more powerful.

I have presented my data.....(Goes on for several pages)
-loadgrade@2
-loadgrade@2#attachmentBeta
Cadet Gedran presens an interesting point, Dr. Roulda. Why not send the esteemed Officer Thoma a memo?
-Head of the Windus City Government Lab Science Academy, Materials Study Division Lisrak Urk

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Anybody have ideas for a Deadspace adventure or campaign?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 10:27:57 AM »
Anybody have ideas for a Deadspace adventure or campaign?

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2003, 02:57:59 PM »
There's always the old stand by of any plot from star trek

Oh look! A space anomoly.
Oh look! A space anemone.
Oh look! A giant purple dinosaur bent on assimalation.

Then you can add in something from aliens, or use it as a stand alone

GM: It leaps at you and wraps itself around your face.

Player: I start frenching it.

GM: Ewwww. That was an unexpected reation. Xenophile!

Star wars can be fun if you want to vent your frustration at Jar Jar

GM: A loose limbed alien with big ears enters ...

Players interuppting: I shoot!/attack!/Jedi force strangle!/launch missile!/Land the Falcon!/eat!/kill and maim! him!

For oldies, you could toss in some Battlestar Galactica or Lost in Space or even some Buck Rogers.

Beedee Beedee Beedee.

With the various Bio/Cyber forms, the plot from Blade Runner could fit in well.

As for an original idea: Well, I'm kinda stuck. What hasn't been done?
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2003, 03:02:33 PM »
How about running around in space in an effort to reclaim a/your planet from an alien power. Doesn't necessairly need to be a race, could just be a single individual with a private army.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2003, 08:40:13 PM »
A Darkmatter nebula. Or nebulae, perhaps. In motion towards inhabited worlds...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
A classic plot
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2003, 02:02:59 AM »
Something comes out of the gate.  It is a beachhead force. They have many similarities to old humans, but it is a bit different (just enough that if they bluffed, they might be able to get away from it).  They use a powerful, yet odd form of technology that nobody understands. They act like total aliens to our betas (dogheads, bird heads, etc).  

Their main weapons create "empty areas".  They have the ability to reconstitute the things they "empty", so you might find yourself shot and reappearing in a lab... a hundred years later after they have taken over...

Their goals besides securing territory seem odd.  Certain minerals from certain locations. Glands from certain animals.

It turns your sci-fi fantasy game more towards the horror, as these nearly unstoppable things invade.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
I'll copy MoonHunter and make some.....
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2003, 05:38:23 PM »
.........Archetypes!

The Humans' Doghead: He would have made the Masters proud. Loyal, strong,  follows orders no matter what, dim bulb. Would be good as a soldier who either dies or becomes more self-reliant in the end of the plot or campaign.
Example: Lieutenant Myekull Erawg of the GDR Megatrang

The Mad Scientist: This Birdhead has gone rogue, isolated himself from everyone else, and begun to study things that he really shouldn't be messing with. Would be good as a sort of "Seek him out to find (blank)" character.
Example: Doctor Astar Varthor of Ashmoon

The Mouthpiece: A puppet politician, usually a Doghead, who is merely the figurehead for the true rulers (Birdheads).
Example: Prime Minister Lasdo Willum of Filvor

The Black Marketeer: Is selling things he shouldn't, i.e., Darkmatter(In an anti-grav chamber), pocket-sized nukes, an experimental new Gate Drive, or stolen files.
Example: Issni Venazzi of Windus City

The Old Soldier: A veteran soldier, the usual patriarch character, maybe very gruff or withdrawn.
Example: General Reggon Deegon of Hokex Imau

The Computer Wiz: She knows everything about computers. 'Nuff said.
Example: Corporal Drusilla Gigata of Hokex Imau

The Berzerker: This soldier has given in to the canine savagery. Goes absolutely insane in battle.
Example: Admiral Isk Risvar of GDR Megatrang

The Maverick: A deserting soldier, perhaps a pacifist, who has turned his back on the endless interspace conflicts.
Example: Fuba Westring, formerly of GDR Megatrang

The Brilliant Scientist: See Mad Scientist; Take out part about exiling themselves.
Example: Lieutenant Science Officer Dr. Thoma Razagel

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 12:27:46 PM »
A little off topic as I just arrived yesterday.
The story line looks good, and it would probably be easy to make a whole series out of it.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 05:38:06 PM »
Why is it off-topic? It's about the Deadspace campaign,  isn't it?

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2003, 05:54:41 PM »
And even if it was off topic, well that's just par for the course.   :twisted:
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2003, 08:37:18 PM »
Well you guys where all in to species and details, then I came in with an overview. That kindof changes the subject.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2003, 10:06:45 PM »
Uh, well anyway, all, you may have noticed the Enemies section in my entry about the GDR Megatrang. There are some names in there. But I really don't know what to dake of these enemies, like, what are they? I have a general idea. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Xenonids: Kind of like Tyranids from Warhammer 40K or Zerg from StarCraft. Devouring swarms of aliens; bio weapons; so on. Don't need any help here.

Varconians: Dunno. Large, horned aliens. Need help with these.

Biodermatics: Some sort of genetic experiment that has become true breeding. Need help here, too.

NORG: Ancient war machines controlled by unknown technology. Common around Kaiser Gate Omega. Don't need any help with this.

the Dragons: Mysterious cabal; Have a hand in every pie and all that. Don't need help.

Lizardheads?: See my entry on Lizardheads. Don't need help.

So basically, what I'm saying is, help me design the Varconians and their Empire, and help me design the Biodermatics.

Please. Help a pirate in need. Yarr.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2003, 03:33:03 PM »
Varconians
Could they look something like diablo from diablo 2?
How hostile are they?
Are they xenophobic?

Biodermatics
Thoughts on what kind of experiment(ie. Psoinic abilities, super strong, super resistant, an additional limb)?
How does the rest of the universe/galaxy feel about them?
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2003, 04:38:18 PM »
Varconians:
Extremely hostile, expansionist
Xenophobic to an extreme
Strangely, have a soft spot for tiny fuzzy things

Biodermatics:
I dunno. I'm totally blank. Psionics would be good, but I don't want them to be very physically strong.
So afraid of being utterly destroyed that they expand expand expand.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2003, 04:55:26 PM »
Y'know, I just realized that I forgot to put a poll on this. Dammit!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Biodermatics
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2003, 05:03:16 PM »
They are basically like a race of genetically engineereds that are (usually) physically weak and must use their psionic powers and intellect and such to protect themselves. They are so afraid of becoming extinct (Individual biodermatics are usually almost paralyzed with fear outside of their usual surrondings because of their fear of death) that they must constantly expand and destroy to "save themselves". Every four generations or so, Biodermatic children may be born with or manifest a new kind of mutation.

In a few years (In my Deadspace campaign), a group of Biodermatics will be born with wings!

But what should they look like? (In general, without bizarre mutations?)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2003, 05:30:08 PM »
I think a poll would be a moot point, considering the response you've gotten so far.

Maybe the Bidermatics look something like the traditional "gray alien."  Or maybe the little click-head guys from Princess Mononoke.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2003, 06:43:32 PM »
Click-heads? You mean Kudamas? Those're cool. I like them.

Yes. Perhaps.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Deadspace Realms
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2003, 06:54:45 PM »
I suppose that's what they're called.  I haven't watched it for a while.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Varconians
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2003, 11:23:52 PM »
The Big, Strong, Ork-Like Bullies of the Galaxy

An extremely xenophobic, warlike, expansionist race, the Varconians are often known as "those horned bastards from Varcon", or, among themselves, the "Varconidaah". During the Human Age, they were a bother to colonists of Varcon (Which the humans called Zeus Minor), despite the fact that they were a pre-Gate, Bronze age society. In the modern age, the Varconians have become quite a bit more advanced. They have a massive empire spanning at least 3000 solar systems ruled from the capitol system of Varcon, with the Imperial Seat being the Planet Varcon. The current emperor is His Sublime Majesty, Blessed of the Blood Sun and the Green God, Master of the Great Varconian Empire, the Radiant Emperor Thrug Gakah Gruz XXI.

Physically, the Varconians are extremely imposing. Most stand about seven feet tall and are heavily muscular, much like a Doghead. The great, ape-like heads of male Varconians are crowned with curling horns like those of a ram. Females have a more modest pair of horns. Their skin is leathery and black-blue, like a bruise, and their facial features resemble those of noseless gorillas. They have no body hair. There is very little difference between the male and female Varconian, except for the horns and sexual organs. Varconians' hands have three fingers and a thumb, each with wicked claws. Their feet have only two toes ending in thick, blunt, hoof-like nails. They tend to look slightly top-heavy. Varconians' eyes have slitted, horizontal pupils. Varconians communicate in, predictably, Varconian, a collection of howls, growls, grunts, roars, and primitive words that have not evolved since the Human Era. Though most of the Galaxy regards them as stupid brutes, Varconians can be cunning and even smart. How else do you think they got an interstellar empire?

The Varconians worship two gods, the Bloody Sun, Grokmorg, represented by a red sun with a snarling face on it, and the Green God, a mysterious deity. The worship of the Green God seems not to be a native religion. How they came to receive it is not known. Also, strangely, other races throughout the galaxy seem to worship the same deity or a deity very similar to the Green God.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
10^100
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2003, 02:19:35 PM »
By the way, Captain, it's a "googol" (10^100) or "googolplex" 10^(10^100), not a "google" (search engine) or "googleplex" (like a big building where people go to use search engines).

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival