llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dresden files PbP  (Read 4713 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tiannaki

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Dresden files PbP
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »
So I miss playing DFRPG so I am considering starting a PBP with a few people no more then six but at least three to be accurate.
I will gladly start it if there is interest and I will also gladly take recommendations and requests with the game.  As for the game it's self  it would play at a lower level depending on how many people and who's playing.
I would also make a creation thread to make the city and characters together before the game it's self begins
I would also be not play at all just so that is clear I would just DM the game.

If you don't know who to play, don't know the books or don't have resources but want to play I can help with that. If you can though support the author and evil hat productions.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Elite NPC Guild Questor 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Article Guild
    • Awards
Re: Dresden files PbP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
Aye I'm quite interested, and have the pdf for DF kicking around somewhere. (I think I got it as part of a bundle during drive thru rpg's "help haiti" charity promotion?)

For a char I was thinking an older sub of mine Janice, http://strolen.com/viewing/Janice_Spencer

Dossta once mentioned she'd make for a good DF char, and aside form an NPC in a Supernatural game I haven;t gotten much use out her.  :wink:
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 08:25:59 AM »
I've just started reading the Dresden Files again. Count me in!

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:03:08 AM »
I'm currently looking over the PDFs, and I'm definitely interested. Consider this a tentative "yes", dependent (as always) on the rough game idea.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Tiannaki

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:07:31 AM »
Well I was thinking of something brief but good for the moment but the actual story is dependent on the characters, fate is built around the first bit of play building the places and PCs and how they know each other. But I was considering doing a locked room style game. Trapped with a a group which is already No good but then thing get worse...and worse.

That would very much be a gem based on interacting well or badly with others with a good amount of magic and deceit but not so heavily on killing big beastys.
I have a few scenarios in my pocket though. :read:

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »
So I suppose my first question is, "When is the story set?" Are we talking purely end of "Small Favor", which the manuals cover, or are we thinking somewhere after that (all the way up to the end of "Skin Game")? Especially with respect to "Changes", that choice dictates huge parts of the setting.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Tiannaki

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
Sorry dudes fathers day weekend is busy for me.  My intention was up to date so during or after skin game partly because I don't like red court.  If ever one is up to date and/or okay with spoilers That is my intention.

Offline Tiannaki

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
Sorry about not being on for a few days things got crazy, but if you guys have done some reading and also don't mind telling me if you are good for starting from post skin game we can talk about play rules, location and playable characters whenever your ready.

I will express that the premises of the style is choosing together what you want the game to be like, where that kind of thing.  If you are against that I will gladly sett it up and post it myself.