llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Relic-Fantasy  (Read 3508 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
The Relic-Fantasy
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:24:54 PM »
They say that history is the greatest of all teachers, and the tales of past deeds define who we are in the present, and what we shall be in the future. It is said that such tales shall, with each telling, illuminate us all with the light of truth. I shall tell you of such a tale. It is a tale quite familiar to me, for I have spent nearly a lifetime piecing it together and chronicling it here within this book. For years I have pondered its passages, studying every line, committing each word to memory. Perhaps now in the telling of it, I shall at last find the answers I seek.

Our story begins here, in the world of Faerûn, on the border of the Savage Frontier. A vast region of mountain ranges interspersed with large areas of forest and dense shrubbery. An uncivilized and wild land, it has proven itself harsh enough that only the strongest survive for long. Home to many races, this frontier has always been prone to violent confrontations. The elven kingdom of Eaerlann had survived and even prospered in the Savage Frontier for many years under the wise guidance of Lord Aaren. The elves proved themselves over many years of tribulation as the Aarakocra tested them and their territory. The Aarakocra, a violent race of bird-like men continually harrassed the elves as they built their homes and lives in the Frontier.

The violent confrontations grew over time, from small attacks on the outskirts of elven territory to full-scale sieges of elven cities. The Aarakocra continued to beat down the elven resistance. Although to the elves credit, they resisted a much larger force much longer than anyone could have expected. Soon the large tribe of Aarakocra began its assault on the elven capital city, Garrenway, the last haven for the elves in the Savage Frontier. As it became evident the elves had lost, the noble Aaren began his last desperate act to save his people. He went into the throes of spell casting. Aaren cast a protective vale over the large forest where the elven capital city was in the middle of the Frontier. The vale was a permanent shield over the forest, it kept all beings of evil entity out and destroyed any that were in it at the time. Tragically, to harness enough energy to create such a barrier, Aaren had to give his life-force to the spell. To this day, it is said that Aaren lives in the protective vale, continuing to protect his people after a thousand years have passed.

The Savage Frontier remained brutally harsh to that fateful day those chosen adventurers came together to start the true beginning of our story…

This is the intro into this game. That is just some background information needed. This game takes place in Faerûn, if you don't know what that is, think DnD type races/classes/equipment, like a regular fantasy role playing game. I'm not going to place specific races or guidelines for your characters but just be sensible. I will let you know if something is unacceptable. Post a character in a form looking something like this:

Name:
Race:
Profession:
Description:
Equipment:
Abilities/Talents/Things you are good at:
History:

The story that gets your character involved is this: A man wearing long flowing green robes(that's all you can discern) comes to you and gives you both a large amount of gold and a magical item that is useable and of interest to your character. In exchange he asks you to meet him at a specific location outside of the Savage Frontier to do something for him, he promises further payment for you along the way. There is a town called Loud Water that is within travelling distance to this meeting place to make it easier to place your character in the story. It is a sizeable town, but not a big city. I will give more details when we start the game. The magical item can be anything that is clearly useful to your character, but I don't want you to make it too powerful. I'll veto anything I don't like. Also, I want everyone to have fun with this so you can make powerful character, not God-like or invulnerable, but powerful. Well, lets have fun with this and I look forward to gaming with you guys.
Feel free to post any questions.

-"Individual human beings are all tools, that the others use to help us all survive."
-"That's a lie."
-"No.  It's just a half truth.  You can worry about the other half after we win this war."
~Ender's Game

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: The Relic-Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »
dont worry, Alexander, people will join. Patience is a virtue. I'd play, but am overbooked with games and responsibilities at the moment. So instead I give your thread a Bump! cheers.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 11:23:37 AM »
I'll play, info'll be up sometime soon.  Never been in Faerun, and don't know the first thing bout the bugger, so this'll be mildly interesting.  Wot, Wot.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:32:49 PM »
Hmm, Faerun, home to Drizzt Do'Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer, Cattie-Brie, Regis the halfling and the ecentric wizard family the Harpells. Give me some time to think, and I'll most likely join. Just keep the Harpells out of it please, I don't feel like getting turned into a dog or something.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »
If you have any questions about the world feel free to ask me, I think I described it enough to give you a feel for the world and the things in it, otherwise let me know. Just think Lord of the Rings type world if that makes it any easier for you. And don't worry, I don't plan on bringing in any Harpells, although that would be pretty funny.

I will edit in or post my own character soon, probably tonight. Just remember to have some fun with your characters. I look forward to gaming with you guys.

Edit: Sorry guys, I left town for the weekend on short notice. My stuff should be up tomorrow at the latest.

Edit number two: I am going to need one more day, I have a test I need to study for tonight that I failed to study for before. I apologize, but for sure tomorrow.

Edit three: Sorry guys, I tore some cartilage in my knee and I am having sugery monday. I've just been stressed about that and stuff relating to that. So please bear with me and give me some time to deal with this. We havn't really done anything so I think it'll be okay. But think about your characters and what you want to do with that. Hope you are all doing well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:54:00 PM by Alexander »
-"Individual human beings are all tools, that the others use to help us all survive."
-"That's a lie."
-"No.  It's just a half truth.  You can worry about the other half after we win this war."
~Ender's Game