llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Supers] Powers That Be  (Read 8535 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
Re: [Supers] Powers That Be
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
Michael stood, shaken.  He'd been in fights before, he'd even been shot at before, but nothing quite like this all-out brawl.  He looked down at the bodies around him: the man he tackled, the other he lunged at, the others who had all tried to take the lives of the others.  One of them, a woman, lay lifeless on the hard floor.  He took a few steps back, grasping a bench for support.  He'd seen death, but all this senselessness?  It was almost too much.

There was something else, too: out of the corner of his eye, he swore he saw the red-headed Brit fire a shot at the last thug before disappearing.  The same red-headed Brit that had stopped the "Eric" character from throttling Michael.  What was he doing here?  It was too convienent to be "right place, right time."  Did he know that the gang was coming to attack?  Had - God forbid - he arranged for the attack to take place?  The punk "Eric" was after happened to show up at just before the gang.  Perhaps it as a hit.  And where was that punk anyway?

Snap out of it, Mike, he thought.  It happened, now there's work to do.  Shaking his head, Michael reached into his cassock pocket to pull out a small vinyl case.  Unzipping it, he removed a folded purple stole, kissed it, and draped it around his neck.  Removing a metal water sprinkler from the case, he placed the bag back in his pocket, blessed himself, and began to anoint the bodies with the water.  "Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine," he prayed softly but firmly, "et lux perpetua luceat eis.  Requiescant in pace.  Amen."  The blessing done, Michael quickly stepped over to the unconscious punk.

The priest knelt down and looked over the punk.  Blood flowed steadily from his abdomen with no apparent sign of slowing.  "Saints Cosmas and Damien, pray for us," he murmured.  Tearing a piece of cloth from his cassock sleeve, Michael pressed it onto the wound to try and slow the bleeding.

(OOC: Unskilled First Aid check, I reckon)

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 11:52:06 PM »
Marcus folding his paper, he tucked it under his arm. If it wasn't for all the carnage, you would think he was walking over to the vending machines for a snack. 

He moved calmly, deliberately, but without making an exagerated movement.

In a strong, but controlled voice, "Excuse me. You bunch need to listen to me." He makes eye contact, as best he can through his shades, with each and every one of them that is alive. "This was a test, a clumsy one to be sure, but a test.  By the standards of the group that set up the "exam", you all just failed. You did not properly manifest. That now makes you a liability to them.  You all need to go, and go now, before the professional come and clean up the situation or some other group comes to sweep you up and use you." 

He looks to the rest of the crowd.  In a voice obviously used to being heard and being listened to. "Some of you might want to leave before it gets really messy in here, or you have to spend all night talking to the police or federals."

He begins to move towards the various "specials", trying to help them up and move them along.

"I was here to observe some of you for another interested party, not interfere. But, I did. And it wasn't enough. Now, you don't have to trust me. You certainly won't like me. None of that matters. Follow me. I will take you someplace safe and try to explain what I can. "  He helps up the priest. He helps up Anat. He scoots them towards the service door. He contemplates killing the cameras, but the tapes would be remote from the cameras.. those are what he needs destroyed before they get into the wrong hands.  Perhaps a favor from a fellow member. 

"Pyros", he says in his best stage voice.  He made a grand gesture and smoke appeared around the room. One right under the blinking light of the smoke detector. He started to reach for the fire pull, but thought against it as he walked past and headed for the service door.

Thinking, for benefit of the Tpath, "Stay out of my head Padre. I know you are in here."

He gets out his Blackberry and sends a text to the limo company.

Aside: Washing away the evidence, or at least confusing things. And if I get lucky, water will damage the survalence tapes. I am also texting an airport van/limo company, with a standing account, to come pick us up a couple of blocks from here.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »
"Exam?  Manifest?  What the hell are you spouting off about?"  Jader asked as he started towards the exit.  Looking at the punks for a second Jader stopped, one of the things the man'd just said about "clean up the situation" clicked and he grabbed the AK off the floor and stripped off one of the jackets that the punks were wearing.  Wrapping the gun up in the jacket Jader searched the body for any clips that he might've had.

Figures, never did real well on exams.  Always tensed up.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 03:44:35 PM »
"Manifest?" Anat looked toward the man that was adressing the survivors, her expression questioning. She Tucked the gun into the back of her pants waist before anybody could see. Not a very comfortable spot when you're wearing tight jeans. She didn't feel that she could trust this man. When he came over and helped Anatiel to her feet she simply smiled. "Thank you." was all she said to the man but she was just playing polite. Observe? he was observing us? was he stalking me? The man tried to usher her to the service door but she was confused and paranoid. There was the carnage, the bodies, and now this stranger. She looked back at the bus station, The blood pooled upon the tiles of the floor... the dead with their blank stares...

She didn't want to follow the man but where else was she supposed to go? She saw another person gathering up the AK and wrapping it in a jacket. She wondered how many bullets were left in the handgun she had picked up. She was nervous just having it on her. She wanted to check the safety again just to make sure but she didn't want it to be obvious that she had it. The black zipper sweatshirt she had stolen on her way out of her ex's apartment was long enough to keep it concealed. Her head kept swimming as she took another drag from the cigarette. Anatiel watched as Mikey tried to stop the bleeding on one man's stomach wound. Another man had a chest wound and was still standing, though barely. She leaned against the wall I've gotta sober up... just then smoke appeared in the room and the sprinkler system went off. The cold water was shocking and Anat was pretty pissed that her cigerette was ruined. She ran over by Mikey to help him get the unconscious man out of the artificial rain.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 01:21:46 AM »
"Don't delay. Get him and come along. Now is the time for action. Questions later. Come on."
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 08:25:51 PM »
John looked the man up and down. He seemed legit, insomuch as he seemed confident and sure of himself. "So, how do we know you won't finish the job those thugs started? We don't even know you, and I'm sure the police would look..." he stopped for a second to catch his breath, his bullet wound draining his energy, "...unkindly upon running from the scene of a crime. I don't know about any of the rest of these people, but this is a registered gun, and they'll trace the bullets I fired back to me."
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 02:11:29 AM »
He paused slightly.  A slightly puzzled lool crossed his face while he contemplated why anyone would actually use a registered gun in anything other than a totally clean situation. He blinked. "Well then enjoy your time with the police. I do hope that one of the organizations interested in all of you does not decide to pull strings and extend your stay with the police ...indefinitely... or arrange for you to be transfered somewhere and your paperwork lost.. so you can be transfered to "no where" and enjoy their hospitality before the vivisections or brain washing. "

He turns and helps the others down the hall.  Over his shoulder, "Oh good luck with all of that."  It echoed down the hall.  He mumbled to no one in particular, but those around him will hear it, "You can not save everyone, so save those you can." He turns to those who are comming with him "I just hope he gets done with the police before other agencies realize who he is."
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 12:25:21 PM »
Anatiel was frightened and confused and still didn't feel like she could trust this man. Maybe he's insane... she thought to herself as she followed him, not knowing what else to do. "Why would anybody be after us? I didn't kill anybody in the fight, neither did the priest."

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »
"You said you work for an agency yourself. Why don't you pull some strings of your own instead of running away. If your resources are enough to get us out of the way, surely you can handle the police easily enough. The more testimonies we have to say they attacked us first the better."

By the power of Bayes!

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »
Father Michael swallowed hard.  He felt something he didn't like, something he hadn't felt in a while.

Fear.

Quietly and somewhat clumsily, he replaced the water sprinkler into its case, leaving the stole around his neck.  The priest had just seen several people shot and killed in public, that frightened him.  He'd been subsequently told that it was all a test by some organization, that scared him.  And now that same man apparently knew his "ability" that he himself had only recently discovered.  That chilled him to the bone.

"How can we trust you?" Mikey asked quietly.  "The- the things you're saying... Do you hear what you're saying?"  Michael's throat went dry as he struggled to find the words.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2007, 07:33:43 AM »
Jader soaked now from the spinklers, hurried out after the man in black, pocketing a clip from the punk's jacket on his way. Trying his best to keep Johnny's package dry he followed behind the girl and the priest, carrying the freak that'd charged the punks with just a knife.

"Hear what Johnny told me kid?  No?  Well, he said you get this one last chance, you mess it up and you're mine to play with, and I've never much liked you."

"Hey, boss!  I gotta make a call when we're outta here.  My boss wanted me to take care of a package for him, but it looks like I missed the bus."
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2007, 10:37:56 AM »
The small bunch of people reached the end of the hallway. After carefully checking about, right, left, up at the roofline. Confident that immediate danger is over, he guides the group to the crowded sidewalk among the hubbub and chaos of the fire alarm.

"Come now, we need to catch up with the other one. He is conveniently running in the right direction. In fact, he should need to stop for breath at the little park where we are going to get picked up.

And yes Father, I do hear what I am saying. It is pretty scary. Welcome to the real world. You are no longer in your safe cocoon of ignorance. It is time to change. Have faith Father. The Divine will provide. 

And true, you all have no reason to trust me. In fact, you should all remain guarded cautious in your current situation. However, I am here to trying to help. Let us get out of this situation quickly, then we will have time for questions and important decisions. And with some caution, phone calls.  After that, you want to stay fine. If you want to leave, also fine... though I recommend against it.

So come along, we have a little walk. "
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 11:30:28 AM by MoonHunter »
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2007, 12:28:04 AM »
Water.
Crushing blackness. No air.
Light. Broken light shimmering from above. Almost blinding.
From below a sickly glow the color of puss and bile.
Everything is cold...empty. The pressure squeezing the breath away...unable to swim, arms restricted somehow.
Got to get away, got to swim to air.
Must do it now!

With a primal scream Poe awoke, throwing off the helping hands that were supporting him. The music continued to pound in his ears...

"My body's made of fire
Black and deep and cold
Burning for the choice I made
So many years ago "

He turned quickly from face to face, trying to gain his bearings.
He could barely see through the black flames that engulfed his eyes. Sweat ran down his face, yet he was sure he was cold.
He saw purple...just a flash of purple. His vision slowly cleared and the face of the old priest came in sharp relief against the night. The girl was there too, but she seemed a bit more sober now.
Good, at least they are alive. He pondered a moment, feeling his side just below his ribcage. Alive?

"Thanks for the help, but I can manage now" he grinned, the flames subsiding from his eyes "so...did I get the guy?" He pulled one of the earphones off so he could hear a response, though he doubted he would be graced with one.
He felt along his belt. d**n, must have dropped the blade...
He looked around again. The priest and the girl he remembered. The quiet guy who looked like he saw as much sunlight as Poe preferred for himself was there. Even the thug who was stalking the shadows was there. The weird surfer was gone, as was the other woman he spotted earlier in the terminal. There was a new face among them too.

"What happened to the others, did they make it? What's going on and where are you taking me, exactly?"

He was unarmed, sweaty, cold, and there was more than just his own blood on him, he was sure of that. He shifted his weight to his back leg, there was no way he was going to be caught off guard again.
"Who are you people anyway?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
~Henry L Mencken

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2007, 01:35:14 AM »
Moving the group along the sidewalk, practically like a tourguide.

I am glad you are back with us. Pay attention now, since you were not doing so earlier. There are people after all of you. We are leaving a danger zone for some relative safety. We don't have time to do 200 questions now. I will answer questions when we get to a safe place. Come along.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2007, 03:49:36 PM »
Poe looked at the strange man.
Weird ass bastard, wonder where he's from. His English is pretty good, but his mistakes are apparent.
200 questions?

He grinned, looking more like a stray cat than a gargoyle at the moment. He wiped his forehead with the back of his sleeve.

d**n, must've started a fire in there or something, I'm soaked in sweat, blood and I hope the rest is clean water...

"No 200 questions right now, got it. We better get moving then. I'm a bit curious about all this s**t." Poe chuckled.
"We need to make a stop real soon though" he said, pulling a soaked pack of clove cigarettes from his pocket "I ain't gettin' too d**n far without a smoke..."

Swinging an arm over the shoulders of both the previously inebriated young lady and the old priest Poe let out a slight laugh.
"So, you two still want to carry me?"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
~Henry L Mencken

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2007, 05:56:14 PM »
Anatiel looked at the unconscious man that she was helping to drag. He was wet and reeked of blood, not to mention the dissonance that he determined to be music was still pumping through his headphones. They didn't have time to turn it off. Anat still hadn't dried and the dampness of her clothing made her uncomfortable. She never really cared for water. She felt exhausted...
The man at her arm screamed as he came back to consciousness. Anat nearly dropped him as he struggled.
He seemed able to stand on his own for now which was a good thing. She didn't know how much longer she could have carried him; Her damp clothing seemed to be pulling the strength right out of her.
I feel so weak... Anat thought.
"Maybe you can carry me for awhile." She winked at the previously unconscious young man though she tried to hide her feebleness. I cannot show any weakness. If any of these people know what's going on they could take advantage of that. Anat pulled at her shirt, trying to get it to stop clinging to herself. She didn't want to remove the sweatshirt completely for fear of revealing the gun. She knew she would never dry off unless she removed the sweatshirt. She slipped out from the man's arm and bent over to re-tie her shoes, letting the others walk ahead of her.

She stood up and slipped the hoodie off of her shoulders, putting her hands behind her back to pull her hands out of the sleeves. With the gun concealed in the right sleeve and held in her left hand she balled up the sweatshirt and stuffs it under her left arm, thrusting her hands in her pants pockets.
Okay... the gun is still out of sight and I might be able to dry off a bit quicker now She thinks to herself as she falls back in line behind the others.

((check ooc))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:58:05 PM by Andimia »

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »
(OOC: Far as I know, John is still back at the station, waiting for the cops to arrive. Did anybody else stay with him? Can't really post anything unless I know who's there.)

By the power of Bayes!

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2007, 09:11:02 AM »
"I wouldn't joke so lightly," Mikey said, his brow furrowed.  "There was some guy out here in a suit that looked like he wanted to mess you up somethin' good."  Michael's southern drawl began to nudge its way it, but he didn't bother trying to cover it up.  "Think he said his name was Gary.  Then some red-headed Englishman stopped him, and I swear I just saw him running away from here after- after the fight."

He looked over the scene again, running a hand through his hair.  What do I do? he thought.  Something was definitely going on, the new mystery man seemed to confirm that right away.  But again, why trust him?  And the police would need a report.  But if someone was after this Poe character, maybe he should help.  Or maybe he should stay out of the way.

It was too late to choose.  The priest found himself carrying the wounded punk and following the small group led by the man who seemed to know all.  It seemed almost preordained, uncannily so.  Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis non timebo mala quoniam tu mecum es virga tua et baculus tuus ipsa me consolata sunt.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:32:47 PM by Dozus »

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
Poe chuckled as he straightened his coat and glanced at the girl in the sweatshirt. "Anytime, lady."
He smiled as he looked her up and down. She was cute, but the wet clothes were anything but flattering.

The priest looked worried. Poe assumed he'd never been this close to death before, at least not the cause of it.
His discomfort at the moment was obvious. Let's hope he holds up...

"Let's just get to a safe place quick. Then we can get some questions answered, since this guy seems to know everything" Poe growled "I'm not fond of the idea of a fan club, but I'll handle the suit if he shows back up."
d**n, I wish someone would have grabbed my knife! I hate the idea of being unarmed, especially with this wierdo as a "tour guide"! I think I need another drink...

He picked up the pace. Maybe this guy knows more than I do. One can only hope...
~Henry L Mencken

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »
John gave the priest a steady look as he walked closer to the kneeling programmer. Talking was increasingly becoming more painful, but he managed to get out a, "Not much, I think. Once the police arrive, they'll probably take care of this. I should be fine until then."

He made sure the others were a decent distance away from the station before asking his question. "What's your thoughts about what just happened?"

By the power of Bayes!

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 01:07:19 AM »
The Group

Through sheer force of personality, Marcus managed to herd the group along a few blocks away from the bus station.  They ran into Greg on the way, and somehow managed to convince him to join the group.  A rented limo was waiting for them, and Marcus muttered an address across town.  A short, uneventful and uncomfortable ride later, and a walk of another block deposited them in front of a unremarkable two story house on a quiet residential street.  Without ceremony, Marcus unlocked the door and ushered them inside.

It was almost as unremarkable on the inside as on the outside, although there was a fairly expensive looking security alarm panel next to the door, and there was a large desk in one corner of the living room with an extensive computer setup on it.

(OOC:  This is the safe house.  There is a file with Marcus's name on it on the desk, contents coming in PM soon.  The desk has a top of the line computer with T3 connection, laser printer/scanner, and any other nifty and desirable doodads that is reasonable.  There is a digital camera lying next to it, but it's turned off.  There is also a charging station for assorted personal electronics.  On the other side of living room is a television with cable and a dvd player.  There is also a mid-size well stocked kitchen, and a dining room.  On the second floor there are four bedrooms with two sets of bunk beds in each.  If you have any questions about the layout or facilities, feel free to ask.)  

John

A few minutes after the rest of the group left, John heard a siren drawing close to the bus terminal.  He was really the only one still there, everyone else had either run from the shooting or had vacated once it was all over.  A uniformed officer cautiously entered, his gun out.  "Hands where I can see 'em!" he barked at John.  He produced a radio.  "One suspect on the premises, requesting backup."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 02:14:43 AM »
Anat resisted the urge to fiddle with the various electronics in the room. She always liked playing with technology, even if she didn't understand it at times. Leaning against the wall with her damp sweatshirt under her arm, Anat clicked her lighter absentmindedly. The place seemed a few windows shy of being normal and was quite plain. She half expected Marcus to put on a fancy hat and start ushering them around on a tour.

Anatiel wasn't feeling superb at the moment. She was still drained from the dampness of her clothing and could feel the encroaching hangover knocking at her brain. She ceased clicking her lighter and rubbed her forehead. I hope this place has a nice stash of aspirin.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2007, 01:14:16 PM »
Jader followed along, barely noticing the stinging in his side.  Gotta call Johnny, but how am I gonna get outta this mess with shooting people and not getting his package to his buyer?  Dammit, why can't none of this stuff ever be easy?

In the front door, and down the hall.  "Hey, guy, you got any coffee?  Cokes maybe?  I'm starting to get the twitches from not havin' some," Jader yelled as he made his way towards the fridge.  Looking in he saw just what he needed, one beautiful can of Mountain Dew.  Going over to the table he sat his package down, and actually looked at his side.

d**n

"Or maybe I can forget about the twitches for a little bit, and someone can tell me where the first aide kit for this joint is."

Skip ahead 15 minutes.  A patch job and shirt change later.

Sipping on his drink and looking around the living room Jader was starting to feel better about the evening.  His eyes finally lighted on the phone and his short lived contentedness came crashing back down.  "Marcus, I'm borrowing your phone now."

555-3468

*ring, ring*

"Yo, who's it?"
"Steve?  It's Jader, I need to speak to Johnny."
"About what?  Wait, you're supposed to be on a bus right now, Johnny's gonna be pissed."
"Just get him."

Jader sat down, his entire body speaking of discomfort, and the cogs in his brain burning out trying to think of what to do.

"What, Jader?"
"There was a gunfight at the terminal boss, before my bus got there, and I ran after it cause I could hear the sirens boss."
"WHAT?!"
"I've still got your package, boss.  It's just I'm not gonna deliver it, I'm pretty sure the cameras got a good look at my face, with a gun, and I don't really feel like doing anything that might get me busted so soon."
"Fine, but Jader.  I'd warned you before this, this was your last chance and you blew it.  You get me that package and you'll come outta this alright, but if I don't see it in the next 12 hours, well, let's just say you might not like what happens."

*click*

Jader went and sat the phone down before he did anything stupid with it.  "I think I've got a problem."

Offline Chaosmark

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2007, 09:27:44 PM »
John placed his gun on the floor of the terminal, knowing the police would want him unarmed. He smiled slightly and raised his hands to show the lone cop they were empty. "Sorry officer, I can't raise them any higher than this. Chest wounds are horrible about that sort of thing."

Well, it's a good thing those thugs were quite obviously in the wrong. Assault weapon bans have been in place for years. I never like'em, but for once they actually came in handy. I just hope they can get this bullet out of me before I drop...

By the power of Bayes!

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2007, 09:20:20 PM »
Michael paced in the dining room.  He was worried, to make an understatement.  Too many strange, bizzare things happening all at once.  What did it all mean?  What was God's will for him in all this?

The priest had paced so much, a cramp formed in his leg.  He sighed.  Must be a sign, he thought.  I'm trying to do too much about something I can't yet do anything about.  He pulled one of the chairs out from under the table and sat, stretching out his leg.  Exhausted, he didn't dare try to sleep.  For one, it would be impossible with the stress he was feeling.  And then the accursed question: What would happen while he slept?  It wasn't something he was ready to find out.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1