llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Crazy Gaming Experiances  (Read 4761 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Crazy Gaming Experiances
« on: April 30, 2003, 11:02:05 PM »
Anyone have some strange experinces in D&D?

When I was first playing, me and my crew wher stuck in a treehouse fighting 3 owlbears. This was our first day so they where tough. For some reason, I picked up a skull candle holder after everything else we tried had failed, including a lot of poison arrows by my archer friend. The owlbear hit the tree and I dropped the skull, it hit him on the head and killed him.
My DM was a genius for thinking that up!!!
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Back to the topic
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 12:15:23 PM »
Let me tell you a tale of the loyal Ken Worth. This noble fighter was turned to stone while venturing though a dungeon. The rest of the party tried everything they could to change him back, but to no avail. They eventually left, determine to return when they'd finished the place to get him help. Sometime later, the party was standing in a treasure room when they heard strange noises behind them. They readied to tackle whatever came through the door.The noise quickly became very distinict...

thump "s**t!" thump "s**t!" (and so on)

Anyway to make a long strory short, what came through the door was none other then Ken. It turned out that his sword was intelligent and it had changed him back...except for one foot.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 07:35:38 PM »
thats pretty funny. No one cusses like Ken!

Offline tarock ashar

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 10:22:06 PM »
Well their are these two brothers (Zack and Harrison are thier names) that I play with and they get along in real life but when they play they are always fighing.  It is funny to see how their characters intereact with eachother.  

One time We were exploring this mysterious cave that was filled with spider webs.  Harrison decided just to rush in and see what was in the cave.  So he went in and then Zack decided to toss in a torch to see if it would show any creatures lurking in the dark.  Well the webs were flamable, very flamable.  They caught on fire and the cave was a blazing inferno for a few seconds.  The webs quicklly burned away and the fire died down but harrison was in the middle of the cave. Harrison was on fire.  Man you should have seen the look on his face when I told him how the cave caughton fire.  His eyes got wide and then he looked at zack.  He had this really He said "ohhhh I am gonna get you now."  

tarock
Graduated from GUE Tech in Zork the Great Underground Empire.  Currently live in Port Fozzel.
Mess with me and you will be totemized.

Offline hopfrog16

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 01:19:27 AM »
Hehehe... I don't know about D&D experiences, however, I've had a very interesting one with MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing). There was this river we needed to get across next to this fortress. I decided it might be a good idea to chop down a couple nearby trees to get across. We were successful in cutting down and dragging the first tree across (They were fairly small trees) and were on our second one when an arrow came wizzing past my head. I turned to see an orc loading his crossbow again, so I charged at him to greet him with my two handed sword. One little problem arose, however... He was on the other side of the river, and I had to run across a small tree to get to em. I slipped... fell into the water... and was drowning. My friend came and drug me out of the water while the orc laughed and fired at poor old me (Missing). I shook myself off... ran across the tree and slipped again. This happened about 3 more times. The orc was laughing so hard that the last time I attempted to go across he fumbled and accidently pinned his foot to the ground. Unfortunately for him, that's when I finally made it across. I don't think he was very happy.  :wink: Needless to say I learned a very valuable lesson from that. After that adventure, I went straight to the weopons shop and got myself a bow.
is this where i put a wise or witty comment?... so much for that...

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 08:28:41 PM »
Hey hopfrog, How exactly do you play at M-eRP? I mean is it set up like it is here at strolen's Citadel? Is it in a chat room or Do you have to buy a whole new gaming system and link to an internet server? I have wanted to play that for a while. (Tolkien Freak here) and was wondering.
Trees!!!
A tree fell in the forest. A man didn't hear it. He is now dead.

"Dont talk to it, Merry! Don't encourage it!"

"Don't touch it! You don't know what it is!"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 11:11:37 PM »
:what:

Great Cthulhu! She's never played a pen-and-paper!
(Utters a noise that cannot be comprehended by the human mind and explodes into a pillar of sickly green flames)
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline hopfrog16

• Apprentice
    • Awards
:D
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 02:40:01 AM »
Hehehe. =) Not at all Almatari. It is a game played with a pencil and paper and a small group of friends. You can, hoever, play it in a chat room if you learn the rules (There are ALOT of rules too. I guess the only rules you need to learn though are attacking and parrying and spellcasting if your just the player). If you would like to know more contact me at hopfrog16@yahoo.com. =) Who knows, maybe we could organize a MERP group and we could all go adventuring into the troll shaws or something. (Although character creation can be dreadful. I might make a site with race descriptions and such to make it easier)

By the way I'm very new to this place... I don't know how to RP here and I'de like to learn how. =) Can you show me to an area I might be missing that explains this or explain yourself real quick how it's done? Thank you. =)

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 11:38:34 AM »
No, I've never played a pen-and-paper so sod off! :evil:  I was never a Roleplayer before I came here. I don't have any friends who play. I have one who has a brother who plays on the internet.  :?
Hopfrog, Just do what I did. Go to the Freeform Roleplaying read a few and basicaly gather Ideas from that. Maybe a more Seasoned Penguin here can help.
Trees!!!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 01:09:34 PM »
Grah?

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 04:26:43 PM »
never mind. You wont help if you just speek penguin the whole time!
Trees!!!

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2003, 05:19:44 PM »
Ive never played MERP either. Maybe I could get in on the action too though, it sounds intersting.

Offline Siren365

• Knight
    • http://www.invented-truth.net
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 05:20:28 PM »
I've never played a pen and paper RPG either! Oh, somebody teach me. Please?
Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar.. Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
- Morpheus

Offline hopfrog16

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Aye!
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 05:53:11 PM »
Yup yup. It's a very interesting game. If you want to play it guys, just message me at Fervo Motis on AIM or just mail me at the address I gave earlier. =) The character creation is the difficult part, though I could create a character for you if you wanted me to. Just give me the basics of how you want your character to be. There's alot of races too... especially man races. =P

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2003, 06:31:19 PM »
From what I remember of MERP it has a pretty complex combat system too! Nice system even so.

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline hopfrog16

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Yup yup.
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2003, 07:04:28 PM »
It has a very complex combat system. One thing I love about MERP, however, is it's detailed critical hits table. Here is an example.

"Strike to neck. Nerves and blood vessels severed. Dies of a massive heart failure."

Not pretty, but I like em.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2003, 09:38:10 PM »
MERP is way too complicate for me, though I do like the critical hit chart. I prefer a more fast, on-the-run, "action" roleplaying.

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2003, 10:10:50 PM »
It would be neat!
Trees!!!

Offline hopfrog16

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Aye
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2003, 11:22:39 PM »
Yup. Although I must say I've never played another pen and paper rpg, I love MERP in all of its complexity ;) Combat is real slow though. It can take a half of an hour to an hour in combat that lasts 5-10 game minutes (It's figuring the EXP that's the killer).

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 11:42:14 AM »
Ohhhh! Fun fun!
Trees!!!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »
No, not fun at all.

Offline Almatari

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Crazy Experiances
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2003, 01:13:24 PM »
I was being sarcastic.
Trees!!!