llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stagnation of In Work  (Read 1024 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Jarons20

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Stagnation of In Work
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:05:46 PM »
What do you do when you have stuff just sitting in your "In Work" section for a good length of time?
I am having a hard time finishing what I start writing
"Great idea, great title, but in the second act it kind of falls flat, Will" - Marlowe to Shakespeare

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: Stagnation of In Work
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:06:47 PM »
I just leave it there (hidden) and go on to something else...  Sooner or later I'll finish it.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:27:09 AM »
I try to kick something out of that pile every third submission.  I won't let myself post anything new until I finish one of those in my "pile". This is a guideline rather than a law, but I try to stick to it.

I also tend to tinker with those lost posts every few days or so.. eventually they will be done.. just a line or three at a time.. it is a slow process.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »
Moon hunter has the right idea. Simply put just do one at a time. If you focus on one then your not bogged down by the problem of the other unfinished stuff.
A necromancer is only evil in the eye of those who hate him and only hated by those who do not understand him.