llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Inspiration and Ingenuity  (Read 2860 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Aldwin

• Nomad
    • Awards
Inspiration and Ingenuity
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:20:17 AM »
Hello fellow writers and tellers of story both old and new, My name is Joseph. 

I have chosen to write this here in a last attempt at finding help with the telling of an epic tale of both fantasy and great adventure. High and low have I searched for someone who possesses the competence and drive to bring together a world of unfounded glory and truth. Immersing all whom enter completely.

I currently reside in the mountains of Colorado though am originally from the New York Adirondack region.

During my time as a storyteller, writer and role player, I have always been completely involved and in tune with the feelings and sympathy's of not only my own characters and those of others, but the other beings to which inhabit the world as well as the very workings of the world itself.

During my time as of late, I have started to find myself drifting into more creative avenues and visions, my thoughts and dreams expanding outward to new levels of capability and desire. This is a wonderfully fantastic thing as a writer, as those who've experienced can attest.

I also found myself noticing those new-found understandings and realizations that were coming to view clouded and crowded that of their predecessors occupation.

It was during this time, 'the fall of -'two-thousand-five'- that I came to the knowledge of MU*. As it were, "An epic novel in which people may participate." Being a novelist and writer of fantasy I find the idea absolutely fantastic! Though an incredible venture at that. One that would undoubtedly require much from me creatively, and personally. --
For, "Only in a writers work, will you find his true essence."

I slowly delved deep into research. The earliest recorded civilizations, the history of time, life on earth as we know it. How things work. "The mechanics of life" as it were. Continuing on and on, until I felt complete resolve and stability within my own vision of each interpretation therein and was then able to take its final Pre-Alpha formation stage.

And the day arrives at last, when I extend this bid of annexation with the following acknowledgements in accordance.
An acquisitive mind in the workings of our peoples cultural past is fundamental, for without the ever growing interest in our past there is little. This is to say that "What is now is soon to be past."

This beckons me to reveal its cause. I am extending this bid in an effort I reach someone who feels as compassionate, driven and competent to extend the levels of interactive novelising as myself.

I often wonder how and, more importantly why the terms "builder" and "coder" got associated so much with their positions. So Serious.
I aim for a close-nit group of friends. Don't think 'building' or 'coding' when coming, leave your creative vein flowing and that will lead you home. Right were ya wanna be. (Note that I mearly mention this to give you a feel for the enviornment you will be absorbing yourself in. There will be no need for you to think outside the lines of writing the world, unless you wish it so).

I did make note not to specify on one aspect of the "To do" list of things needing done, as this will be discussed upon further discussion, "In accordance with your creative preferences and interests. As well as your schedule available"

One must except this project with the want and desire to bring to life a world in which the inhabitants can truly be at one with. In every way.
There will be tedious times, though I suppose if you are not aware of that then you are in the wrong line of work.

Role play is key and fundamental to everything. Bringing out our subjects involvement into the vast elements of social, economic, cultural and personal growth.

If you feel you have the talent and enthusiasm as a writer to come together a midst others to share and grow in a healthy, creative atmosphere shaping a world into our customs in the process.

Then I extend this welcoming bid to you my friend.

I will talk with you soon.

Blain

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:25:28 AM by Aldwin »
"Within our imaginations, lie the greatest truths."

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Inspiration and Ingenuity
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »
Welcome, Aldwinjosephblain, to the Citadel! :D  Your creativity will surely find an outlet here, among our brave denizens.  Pröst!

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
Keep it wolf
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »
That's some hardcore typage for a "I'm kinda new here" post.  :up:
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Aldwin

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »
Thank you for your welcome.

I am currently slowly yet deligently also working on a (somewhat) short'-- story.

Based from the Vast highlands of Nemedia, to the low frontier of the Pictish plains.
--Robert E Howards worlds have been an ever-growing inspiration for me a long time indeed.
              I set out now to roam the world in whence they came.

All will be kept notified in its progress.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:36:41 PM by Aldwin »

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 05:57:14 AM »
CP will want to marry you now. Be very afraid!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
Conan the Barbarian... Conan the Barbarian very much
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 05:52:36 PM »
Welcome to the citadel I'm sure your obvious creativity will be a great addion to this site :up:

I like your idea but I prefare to make my characters suffer :twisted:
A necromancer is only evil in the eye of those who hate him and only hated by those who do not understand him.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »
Hey Aldwin!

Hopefully you will be willing to share some bits and pieces with us as you write! Be fun to see some of your ideas.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 10:16:51 PM »
Truly inspirational, Joseph - If I had more commitment to my tasks, plus a bit more time free, I would be tempted to join your endeavor to create your novel. Alas, life is such that if I were to take on that additional workload, my back will break from the weight of all my commitments! Besides, due to my attention span, my kind of writing needs to be short and complete, otherwise I will fizzle out before long - I doubt i'd ever get the motivation to complete an entire novel's worth of writing.

Needless to say, if you or any of your co-writers are feeling unimaginitive, or in need of creativity, you should jump onto Strolen's Citadel and peruse the main site for inspiration! And feel free to test your ideas in the main site, too - the people here tend to give creative criticism, and any chinks we may find in your ideas could be ironed out before they are added to your collaberation.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »
And: Welcome Joseph! Welcome to the site.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Aldwin

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 01:36:59 AM »

I feel a strong sense of congenial thanks to the many monumental welcomes each have extended my way.
                                                            I in turn extend my deepest thanks to each one of you.                         

I notice and appreciate the inspiration you recieved from my ideas Shadoweagle, and can only hope you continue to feel such in the future of my time spent with all of you here.

My next short-story, "The Lost Legion"  is a  'conan of cimmeria' inspired work*  I have not been able to invest the amount of time on it I'd wish to currently and am therefor not quite able to make a release date known at this time.
As I myself am not aware. -- I look to it hopefully in its being well-worth the wait.

-It takes place where the grassy highlands and rolling hills merge into the tangeled trails of the Pictish Wilderness, for it is there lurks the secret darkest of all.

"Just know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, to those of the rising suns, there was an age undreamed of. When shining kindgoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the star laiden skies...
Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver a slayer. To tread the jeweled thrones of the earth under his sandaled feet."

Aldwin.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 04:31:35 AM by Aldwin »

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »
Oh my :)

I don't think I'll ever be that descriptive...

Welcome aboard!

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 07:10:14 PM »
WELCOME Aldwin!! Quite a verbose opening salvo. :P

but, umm, ok, I'll say it. 'Lost Legion' is already a story, by one, REH, taking place in the same locale you mention. I'm hoping the final product isnt as derivative as you made it sound...Oh Prince  :wink:

But since you wont find a bigger REH fan than me, I look forward to it!
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Aldwin

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 10:18:57 PM »
The Lost Legion was a comic story presented to the public in June of 1987. Developed by Charles Dixon, Gary Kwapisz with art by Ernie Chan. -*-
Howard died in 1936 with no prior stories, whether they be short or novelistic entitled *The Lost Legion* coming to print within, or after his life's end.

To answer your quandary though, it will be unique to its fullest, though hopefully perhaps more serious and detail-oriented than its comic-book predecessor.

Do correct me properly with a link if I happen to be wrong with my info, as this is my understanding in current.

-Aldwin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:24:34 PM by Aldwin »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 06:39:55 PM »
yes, I know when Howard died. And yes, I merely meant that it was already a story. But of course not by Howard, but comic book. My bad.

Anyhoo, Chan rocks! and good luck with your story! Maybe you can enter your 'Lost Legion', in our monthly contest, which kicked off today. Check out the front page, Quest:War.

cheers!
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves