llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: COLEY'S 20's CHART O'BASHING~DEATH  (Read 4984 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
COLEY'S 20's CHART O'BASHING~DEATH
« on: August 19, 2002, 10:05:48 PM »
(One of my favorite charts. Had it for years and years so credit must go to the true author)

COLEY'S 20's CHART O'BASHING~DEATH
01-03    opponent takes max weapon damage.
04-06    opponent disarmed roll 1d8 for random landing direction.
07-09    opponent struck for max damage. strike second opponent if possible for half damage.
10-11    +6 to damage, your weapon strikes your opponents thigh reducing his movement to 1/3 amount for 1d4 days.
12-15    opponent suffers bleeding wound. 1d4  damage. For 1d6 rounds.
16-17    opponents weapon breaks save if magical for no effect +4 to damage
18-20    +10 to damage.
21-23    opponents armor damaged -1d4 points from armor.
24-25    +6 to damage, opponents weapon arm is damaged they are -3 to hit for 1d4 days.
26-29    double damage.
30-31    opponent is disarmed player decides where weapon lands.
32-33    double damage!! You swing your weapon smashing through your opponents weapon crushing it then him. If the weapon is magical then it is simply knocked from his hand.
34-35    +5 to damage.
36-36    Your weapon strikes your opponent squarely on the head if he is wearing a helmet he receives double damage and must make a system shock roll at half rank or be knocked out...if he is not wearing a helm then he takes quadruple damage and must make a system shock roll at half rank or die.
37-37    Your weapon strikes your opponent’s face if he is wearing a full helm he receives double damage and must make a system shock roll at half rank or be knocked out...if he is not wearing a full helm then he takes quadruple damage and must make a system shock roll at half rank or die. if he survives his charisma is permanently reduced by 1pt..further more if your weapon is made of wood you will at some time need to spend 3d4 rounds removing teeth and bone from it.
38-39    +4 to damage.
40-42    non fatal blow to head +5 to damage, blood in eyes blinds opponent for 1d4 rounds.
43-43    Triple damage!! player decides what happens to that opponent exp bonus for realism.
44-46    +8 to damage.
47-49    double damage, opponents weapon arm is crushed they are unable to use that arm for 3d6 weeks.
50-52    roll twice on this chart.
53-54    +6 to damage.
55-55    triple damage!! Your weapon strikes your opponents kneecap crushing it and sending him sprawling to the ground reducing his movement two 1 for 2d4 months and removing any AC bonus for dexterity without magical healing he will be reduced to 1/4 movement and loose 1d3 points of dexterity.
56-56    +23 to damage, your weapon slams into your opponents side breaking bones and causing them to pierce vital organs, If he survives this battle he will be severely injured healing at 1/10 the normal rate, and urinate blood for the next week. Bet your glad its not you!...evil DM grin....or was it?
57-57    roll three times on this chart.
58-60    triple damage!! Your weapon slams into your opponents shield arm dislocating his shoulder if he was using a shield it is now useless as it dangles limply by his side.
61-62    gushing wound opponent takes 1d6 damage for 1d10 rounds.
63-65    perfect set up take next attack at +5 int. and +6 to hit.
66-68    double damage.
69-70    +17 to damage, your weapon strikes your opponents jaw if he is not wearing a helm then he must make a save vs. death magic or be knocked out for 2d4 rounds. Further more he will not be able to speak for 3d4 days.
71-73    roll weapon damage twice.
74-76    +6 to damage knock opponent down, he is +4 to hit next turn by everyone.
77-78    opponent saves vs. death magic or drops weapon.
79-79    you hit his hard real hard!! quadruple damage!! Your opponent must make a saving throw vs. death magic or wet his pants and then die!!
80-80    double damage!! Your mighty swing sends your opponent tumbling to the ground his weapon flies from his hand in a random direction.
81-82    in addition to your attack you take advantage of an opportunity to knock your opponent down he takes 1d3 damage, dex check or drop weapon, and must double his initiative next round.
83-85    +6 to damage opponent stumbles back, and can only parry next round.
86-87    roll weapon damage three times.
88-88    double damage!! You step aside and smash your weapon into your opponents back he must save vs. paralyzation or be paralyzed from the waist down for life
or until magically healed.
89-90    +15 to damage!! Your swing sends your opponent sprawling into your nearest opponent(within 10ft) knocking them both to the ground doing 1d6pts of damage to both of them.
91-93   roll twice on this chart.
94-96    +7 to damage. your weapon strikes your opponents hand knocking his weapon from it and rendering it useless for 3d4 days.
97-100    double damage.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: COLEY'S 20's CHART O'BASHING~DEATH
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:18:20 PM »
 :lol:

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »
Silence, class, you had your laughs, now let's have a little history.

It looks primitive, doesn't it?

Well, what you surely don't see is what followed after it. This was the first table posted here, and a few others later followed, even less complete than this one. You may be wondering why is that important, but you know that users of this place have a tendency to add to incomplete things, and apply good ideas for other purposes.

I am sure you already know, what I want to say. This here is the grand-grandfather of today's Idea Scrolls! One of the most amazing discoveries of this century has its roots in this simple submission. Just think about it - every one of you has used a more advanced version at some point.

Now we'll have a little break, so look around, and don't break anything yourself. We will continue our tour through the Forums Of Ancient Times later.

:)
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:07:52 AM »
Wow.  Who needs rolemaster now!!!! :P

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 09:36:04 PM »
I love this.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »
Rolemaster has been totally pwned! ;)

I love charts like these! As a player with a series of different games on his roster, I have rolled my share of Rolemaster and MERP tables.

Brings back good memories.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
This is the greatest table/chart ever created.  :up:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Coley

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »
wow now this is a blast from the past.

An old gaming buddy ran across this and pulled it up for me to look at this last weekend at a game. 

Back in about 96 (after playing some serious rolemaster lol) I made this chart for my D&D game. I posted it and some other stuff on a now extinct Geocities web page I made. 

Anyway it's pretty awesome to see it living on. :)

I hope people have enjoyed it.  My buddy thinks he has hard copies of some of the other charts.  If so I'll post them here at a later date.

Strolen thank you for posting this!

-Coley

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:06:44 PM »
Hiya there Coley!

So great so see this: A piece of ancient Strolen's Citadel history spotted once more by the original author of it over a decade after it was posted! and by Coley's post, this is a chart which was thought up nearly two decades ago, now! Stick around, Coley! Itt'd be great to see you bring up some more stuff!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
All hail Coley. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I would ever be graced in the same conversation as the creator of such astonishing wonderfulness!!

This chart spawned years of devastation and nail biting. We used it equally for us and the baddies because fair is fair. Of course we spent time on our own charts but we ALWAYS seemed to go back to this one. This was a central point to many character deaths as well as countless monsters.

I just want to personally thank you for posting it back in the moving gif ages of the internet. We absolutely love the chart!!

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »
Oh, and the name is probably the best thing ever. If I had a dime every time we said it out loud to invoke fear in each other!!!!

CHART O'BASHING DEATH

Bwaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Level 3

Offline Coley

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »
lol Thats awesome all the way around.  I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it.  For old times sake I'm incorporating it into my new Pathfinder game.  Trying to figure out a fair way to handle the difference in the way they do weapon threat ranges and multipliers though.

You've got a great site here.  I've already found a few things I can use in the games I'm running now.