llamaenterhear

Author Topic: How to embedd video  (Read 81 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Mageek

• Apprentice
  • Found the Profile Modification Page
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Dungeon Guild Elite Dungeon Guild
    • Awards
How to embedd video
« on: November 12, 2016, 10:33:19 AM »
Hello Strolenites.

I am attempting to embedd webms inside of an article. I can change the html to correctly produce the result I want in the edit window, but when I hit submit it shows the raw html instead of the video.

<video controls="" width="320" height="240"><source src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MageekDM/Enigma/master/src/plugboard.webm" type="video/webm"></video>

Is there a correct way around this?

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: How to embedd video
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:01 AM »
I spent a few minutes seeing what I did but nothing jumped out at me in the time I had.

I probably never expected video to be used so it looks like it is being cleaned at some point. It might be with the editor (that is no longer supported so the documentation leftover isn't great anymore) is stripping it upon submission. I will have to figure out how to enable that. No promises on the timing though, you may have to settle for the link for the time being. Sorry about that.

I will keep video in mind if I get a chance to dig into this code again! Will also keep it in mind for the future...

Sorry I couldn't be of immediate assistance! :(

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Mageek

• Apprentice
  • Found the Profile Modification Page
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Dungeon Guild Elite Dungeon Guild
    • Awards
Re: How to embedd video
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »
Thank you Strolen. I think I can use GIFs instead - I'll keep the webms in case they can be inserted in the future.