llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kane: The Were Wolf Hunter  (Read 16528 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
Kane: The Were Wolf Hunter
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:39:15 AM »
Kane could smell the stench of were wolf everywhere. He pulled out his twin blades,  heart seeker and wolf killer, and started looking behind all the furniture in large fairly large house. There was debris everywhere from the beast's tantrum and Kane could hear slight growling. He turned around just in time to see a hairy beast with sharp claws and  teeth pounce on him. His hood flew off as he smacked to a ground with a thunk! The were wolf swung his paw across Kane's chest leaving a semi-deep gash. Kane kicked the beast off of him and gave it a slash of his own. The were wolf howled in anger and picked up a beam of wood and chucked it at him. Kane fell to the ground and the were wolf came and picked him up by the throat.

"Where the hell are you Ash!" Kane screamed.

Just then, the man-beast whined and dropped him. It took the arrow out of it's back sand turned to see Ash with a bow in his hand. It started charging at him but stopped cold in it's tracks when it felt the cold sting of blades stuck between both shoulder blades.

Kane pulled the swords and he arrow out and the were wolf fell to the ground and began it's transformation back to human, this time, for good.

Kane and Ash picked up the body and brought it to the basement where the family was hiding.

"He should return to consciousness soon." Kane said to the family, without emotion.

"What should we do about the wounds?" the wife of the former were wolf asked.

"They should fade away quickly because they were inflicted when he was a were wolf and since that part of him is gone, the wounds should be gone." Ash stated.

The duo accepted the "thank yous" and the reward and went back to their headquarters.

"Another job well done," Ash (full name Ashton) exclaimed gleefully.

"Yeah, well it's not time to rest yet because the were wolf reports are flooding in from all over the place." Kane replied.

"Any idea who's turning all these people into were wolves?"

"Not yet,"

"Well, lets go to headquarters, get some sleep and new weapons, then head out again." Ash said with a yawn.

Kane nodded his head and was silent. For the rest of the ride they didn't say or do anything...because they didn't know they were being watched.

OOC: Kane was a black slave (I know he has similarities to Blade the Vampire Slayer) that was freed for lack of obedience and got into a tumble with a were wolf. A man saw how well he handled the man-beast and hired him to be the were wolf slayer of the village. Kane saw this as an opportunity to turn his life around so he took the job. Ash, a semi-wealthy white kid around 20 who was looking for some action in his life, asked to be a "sidekick" for Kane. Kane, who was desperetley needing help eagerly gave him the job and thus the Were Wolf Slayers were born!
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: Kane: The Were Wolf Hunter
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 12:59:26 AM »
((OOC: Can anyone join in this?  Looks interesting.  And just to clarify, as far as the characters know, someone is artificially creating werewolves, and you can cure them?))
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 08:14:27 AM »
Gorex and the rest of his pack sniffed the outskirts of the old farm. Ferial's scent ended in a cloud of blood, and not all of it his own. His nose twitched again, he recognized the smell of the other, the stink of the hunter Kane. Anger bubbled under his skin, Gorex wanted to know how the hunter had discovered a means of removing the blessing of Garm from his chosen, in the vain belief that he was curing the victims of lycanthropy. He stiffened his tail, the hair on the back of his spine stiff. The rest of the pack understood. Kane had gone, but he was likely still in the area...he needed an example.

The pack of werewolves moved through the farm, killing every head of livestock before moving into the house where with savagry unmatched by humans means, the pack killed all of the people inside save for one. The survivor, a youth named Sabrit, was left to tell Kane of her family's demise.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 12:22:56 AM »
OOC: Welcome Scras! And yes, anyone can join Ria. And as strange as it is, you can cure the were wolves too.

Dubrix sat in his chair back at the headquarters. He was the person in the group who was mostly left to solving the mysteries and such.  At this time right now he was deep in thought...until he heard the growling outside!

Dubrix is somewhat of a nubee to the group, and when he asked to be a member of the Were Wolf Slayers and just be the guy who worked at headquarters he had no idea he would be under this much stress, but it paid well so he couldn't complain. But now he could! He was under attack by atleast one were wolf, maybe more!

He clutched for his sword, but, where was it? He had misplaced it! Wy did he have to be so absent minded at a time like this? He searched for it frantically as the locked door where wolves were at came more and more close to busting into splinters.

He saw a glimmer in the corner of his eye, his sword! The only problem was it was right next to the door that was busting open with every second. He had to take a chance. He ran as fast as he could but his efforts were short lived when the door flung open. Dubrix fell to the ground in utter despair as he looked up at the were wolves, ready to give him the infecting bite that would make him one of them...

"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:53:40 AM »
Iscara was frightened.  There was something... not good here.  The locals said there were werewolves here, that they killed people.  But that was so hard to believe.  Still, there was something about this place that made her hair stand up on end.  She feared normal wolves, and doubted werewolves would be much better.  What was plain enough was that there was something going on in this place that left red death behind it.  Men or wolves, the difference was the same.  After what she'd seen?  Monsters was more like it.

She couldn't stay were she was.  If it was truly werewolves, they'd smell her out.  She hadn't been here long, and had no money.  She'd been sleeping in a barn, hoping not to be spotted by the farmer.  That was no concern anymore; she had heard things.  And she wasn't about to go look at what was left.  Make for town, that was the best plan.  She carefully climbed down the ladder, listening for danger and looking around nervously.  She really have any weapons, all she carried was a knife.  Hopefully she wouldn't need more.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 01:52:33 AM »
There was hissing in the trees above Kane, like the sound of snake in them the size of a child. Them came the sounds of a man arguing. And then, a branch snapped a man fell in front of Kane. He was in worn cloths with a one piece of arm covering his chest. He looked as if he hadn't shaved or bathed in days, but over all healthy. His hair was messy and had bits of dirt and a few leaves in it. He had a pair of leather boots and tattered brown cape, clamped together by an iron clip.

As the man got up, he gave out a sigh of relief that he wasn't hurt, but then out of nowhere, cobra came to site. It leaped into the air in front of Kane face but stopped in mid-air. "Oh, sorry about that," the man said. Fang likes to bite at people, even after I feed him." It seemed that the man was pulling the snake back, but when he turned to his side, Kane could see, the snake was the mans right arm, like it became "fused" to it up to the shoulder. "It was a long time ago, the man said gently holding the snakes head, I had a run in with a dark magic user and they cased a spell that fired a cobra at me, but as stupid as the person looked, the snake was rapped around my arm, but it never came off." The man then reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of nearly dry meat and feed it to Fang. "Sorry if I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Carn, and before a became know as a freak, I was once a noble knight but I became an outcast in fear that the spell that was upon me would turn me into a monster or something, but nothing has happened yet. It's been years since but now I don't feel alone anymore, thanks to Fang. I thought he would ate me after the first day but I guess he has grown on me." Carn then gave out a laugh from his pun but then turned back Kane. "Uh, sorry for babbling on stranger, so how about you? Who may you be?"

Online Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »
OOC: Question: Is this medieval, modern, inbetween or what?

* * *Back at the headquarters* * *

Dubrix whimpered as he cowered on the floor, despairing. One werewolf entered the room, its shaggy, greyed coat glistening in the dim light. A second, larger beast then slinked through, actually having to lower its form so as not to hit its head on the top of the splintered doorway - this fiend boasted a tanned brown coat of fur, mottled with black streaks. The first beast lowered its maw down sinisterly to the human, savouring the fear which it could smell emenating off him. Saliva dripped from wickedly sharp fangs. Dubrix shut his eyes tight, awaiting the inevitable agony.
-Shing- *Thunk*
Dubrix gasped at the feel of droplets of something wet and warm splatter over his face and his eyes jutted open. The first werewolf was lying on the floor, a steady pool of blood spreading around its corpse - there would be no chance of turning back to human for this one. Balanced with a half-crouch on the grey-furred corpse back was a figure. Its entire body - including head, hands, and feet - was bandaged loosely in tattered, coal-black bandages. Twin pinpricks of an amber light peered out from blackness between an inch-sized gap in the bandages where the figures eyes should be. From elbow-down on its right hand the bandages stopped and polished, silvered-steel began, forming the lower part of the arm, the hand, and the fingers which curled into edged 'claws'. At this point in time, those silvered claws - poisonous to the werewolves - were buried deep within the nerves of the spinal cord of the grey werewolf, the metallic hand crushing the vertebrae. With a good wrench and a sickening sound, the mummified figure on top of the werewolf pulled back on the spinal cord, actually ripping part of it out and permanently ending this particular creatures' life. A deep and inhumanly ghastly voice echoed from beneath those wrappings, its tone riddled with calm sarcasm "Never send a human to fight monsters. Send another monster...!"

Gharnix - the second, fiercer werewolf - was stopped by shock - It had no smell...! That beast on top of Narain was completely odorless - this was why the two were caught so off-guard.
But Gharnix was powerful and old - he quickly regained his senses and leapt at the bandaged figure, catching it offguard and ramming it against the nearby wall. The force of the blow was enough to make the foundations of the building shudder, and the figure was pinned against the wall by the huge creature! "I am going to END you...!" The gutteral voice of Gharnix sneered at the figure and leaned his maw in to remove that bandaged head from its neck.
Unfortunately for Gharnix, Dubrix had recovered! While the werewolf was sneering, he had run over and snatched his sword. Having plenty of time to aim for a lethal blow, the 'nubee' of the Were Wolf Slayers made his first kill as he ran that sword through the unsuspecting werebeasts blackened heart.

As Gharnix slumped to the ground, the mummified creature wormed its way out of of dead beasts grasp and stepped unceremoniously onto and over its corpse. "Where is Kane?" The ghoulish voice asked Dubrix, but the rookie of the Were Wolf Slayers had a question of his own; "Who... what are you!?" The creature growled beneath its bandages and spoke again, "Rahkta. Where is Kane."

Dubrix had heard that name before! Rahkta had been around this area for centuries, so rumor had it. The creature had some strange vendetta against lycans and other such creatures, but it was not known why. When Kane had begun his werewolf slaying occupation, He and Rahkta had come to an unspoken agreement - do not disturb each others work - Both Kane and Rahkta were helping each others goals by reducing the were wolf threat, and that was good enough. Rahkta was not a part of Kane's 'gang' of hunters, but he occasionally aided the man by appearing at obscure times and places, and offering cryptic pieces of information to help him out. Not even Kane himself knew exactly what Rahkta was...

"Kane was on a mission. I don't know when he will be back. Why? What's wrong?" Dubrix replied truthfully, to which Rahkta shook his head and flexed its blood-covered metal fore-limb, "An ill wind. The nemesis stirs. Kane's black shadow prowls... Gorex.";
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »
OOC: Welcome aboard Shadoweagle and Ria! And this story is in medievel times Shadoweagle.

"Gorex? Who might Gorex be?" Dubrix asked, a little confused and shaken up.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Kane was a little startled about what was going on but he accepted the stranger's friendliness and answered him. "My name is Kane and this is one of my partners Ashton. I call him  Ash though." Ash saluted the stranger as he was announced. "My other partner, Dubrix who has recently joined are group is back at our headquarters. The people in he village, and in quite a few other places, call us the Were Wolf Slayers. I'm not trying to sound rude but this place is swarming with were wolves that we have to exterminate so either hop on and come with us or get out of our way."

Kane gave the stranger, Carn, a little time to think.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 03:36:54 PM by T-Bone »

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 03:41:31 PM »
Iscara made it almost all the way into town without incident, then she smelled it.  The nasty, heavy scent of werewolf.  It was different than the smell of a normal wolf, that's how she knew.  She wasn't that far away, maybe she could make it.  Werewolves were fast, but so was she.  She bolted, heading for the building the so-called werewolf hunters had taken as their headquarters.  She had enough of a head start that she had a chance to put what looked like a wall between her and her pursuer, but the werewolf smelled right through the deception.  You couldn't fool a creature like that with just illusion.

Pale yellow eyes fixed on the open door.  It appeared that the hunters had had their own trouble, there was blood everywhere, and a couple of corpses were visible.  A figure stood in the doorway, and in the dim light, Iscara couldn't quite make him out.  There was something... off, but she didn't know what.  No time to think about it, the werewolf was right on her.  It snapped, catching at her loose clothes.  She could hear her long shirt tear as she put on another frantic burst of speed.  

She slipped in the blood in the doorway, and was going to fast to stop.  She careened into the figure in the door, tripped on what had lately been a werewolf, and finally hit the floor.  "Help," she gasped.  "It's right behind me," she added unnecessarily.

(OOC:  Btw, anyone controlling a werewolf should know that Iscara doesn't smell like a human should.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 03:50:12 PM by Ria Hawk »

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 04:07:27 PM »
Dubrix looked down at the woman, and then looked back up to find a giant were wolf pouncing on him. "Rahkta,
get the woman out of here and then come back and help me!"

When the were wolf jumped onto Dubrix he had dropped his sword so right now he was desperetly reaching for it. This was twice in a day that he had been in the clutches of a were wolf! But atleas now, he had some help.

A second were wolf came into the room and picked Iscara up by her collar and looked at her. It sniffed her and then became very confused.

"Not human," the were wolf declared. He had no use for things that were not human so he threw her into a wall and went after Rahkta.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »
Apparently, the werewolf wasn't going to bother her, but it was still a predator much bigger than she was, and it still scared her.  Iscara didn't have any time to get out of the way before she was thrown, and anyway, it was much better to hit the wall when she was this size.  She bounced off and fell to the floor, wincing.  Then she got a good look at the man she'd run into, and shrieked.  Rahkta, the other man had called him.  She'd heard of Rahkta, and his vendetta against the werewolves.  What she didn't know was if it was restricted to just werewolves. 

That was it, she'd had enough.  She was going to hide this one out, thank you very much.  She shifted, and streaked towards the only hiding place available, under the desk.  Hopefully the others would be too busy with the werewolf to notice.  She crouched there, trembling, ears back against her head and her tail wrapped around her.

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »
"Did you say were wolves?, asked Carn, I've known many people that have became were wolves, there was no hope for them I'm guessing. But when a childhood friend I knew for years turned into one, I wouldn't rest until I find the one who was responsible, and now that I'm here, I think I have an opportunity. I coming."

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 08:11:36 PM »
Deralak walked the woods slowly, his large, red winged body trailing small flames. Deralak was a lesser demon, but still quite powerful. He had forsaken his kin, and there lust for the blood of innocents, when he had fallen in love with a beautiful human woman. Deralak had gaurded her for many years before finally being attacked by a group of twenty werewolves. He had slain them almost to the last one, but before he had noticed anything wrong, he had found his wife dead, her throat torn out by a wicked bite. Deralak had hunted the werewolf down with a vengence, and had finally learned its name. "Gorex, when I find you, I'll rip your head from your shoulders and feast upon your soul," Deralak said in his gutteral demonic language. Deralak walked for many minutes before finding the trail of a couple of werewolves that had just attacked a small merchant caravan. He smelled the air and took off at a run, grabing his fiery blade from his hip and launching a fireball at the nearest tree. He ran for a few hours, finally catching up with the beasts. He flapped his huge wings and took to the air, gaining an instant advantage.

"Derak, what is that smell?" Kalan asked growling. Kalan sniffed the air a couple times and looked to Derak for an explanation. Derak followed suit, smelling the air, and became shocked. "Demon! Run for your life my brother!" Derak yelped. The two started running as fast as their four legs could carry them. They ran into a clearing, and a beast dropped from the sky itself.

"There you are, my little pests," Deralak said smuggly in common tounge, "I've been hunting you two for many hours, I found your little attack on the merchants quite wrong, and as a law abiding demon, I sentence you both to death," Deralak stalked the two small creatures, his fiery blade shining before their eyes. "I am Derak, son of Gorex, and this is my brother Kalan. In my father's name, stand down demon!" Derak said proudly. Deralak just laughed at this puny creatures stupid pride. He stalked closer, putting his blade back on his hip. "O prideful fool, fight me with what your maker gave you, both of you, at once, I shall not use my blade," Deralak said cockily. The two beasts lunged forward, maws snapping at Deralaks legs. Deralak dodged to the side, knowing well what happens when demons were bitten, and slugged Kalan in the side of his head. Kalan went down fast, and Derak howled at the loud snapping sound as his beloved brothers neck slammed into a large rock. "Brother!" Derak screamed in wolfish, and rose to his hind legs, still only coming up a little past Deralak's waist. Derak lunged at Deralak, and scratched his arm, drawing a deep gash. Deralak returned the scratch with another punch, strait to the unfortuane creature's chest, breaking all the ribs, and crushing its heart. Derak fell back shocked. "d**n you demon," he gasped, then fell over dead.
Deralak just smiled, his fangs showing over his bottom lip. "How can you d**n the d**ned?" he replied smartly, and took to the air. He had heard of a man named Kane, who also hunted the werewolves. Deralak would meet this Kane, and see how this, human, could take down werewolves almost with as much effiency as he.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 12:17:52 AM »
"The creatures will consume all that stand in their way. Soon they can be stopped, but I won't let it happen." A tall man said to him self over the roaring flames of the fire he started at the peak of a tall mountain. "I also need to find that peasant that ended up with a snake for an arm, how did it happen without killing him, I wish I knew." The man wore a black cloak all the way to the ground. He had long hair and long beard. When he talked, you could see his wicked sharp teeth. He had long nails and held a wavy staff with a red crystal at the top. "I must find the man and those called the Were wolf slayers. They know how to stop a were wolf, so they most know how they can be unstoppable. If put an end to them, I shall be were wolves ruler! hahahh," the man said to himself.

OOC: I'm just introducing the man that fused the cobra to Carn's arm. As you can see, He once to find the way to make were wolves completely unstoppable and become their ruler.

Online Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 06:56:13 AM »
"Gorex is..." *Thump* a woman barged into Rahkta's form, causing the creature to stumble forward a

step - Iscara will have noticed when she rammed into Rahkta, that she didn't hit anything solid beneath those

bandages, but was rather pushed back as though forced away by a powerful wind behind the wrappings. There was no

time for retaliation, however, as immediately after the womans appearance, two additional werewolves stalked in - one picking up Iscara and throwing her against the wall disinterestedly. At Dubrix's order to take the woman to safety, Rahkta glanced at Iscara, snarled softly, and completely ignored her. If Dubrix wanted the woman

elsewhere, he could do it himself - Rahkta does not take orders from the Were Wolf Slayers.

With a perhaps arrogantly slow pace, the bandaged creature strode forth towards the left-most werewolf - the one who through Iscara -clenching and relaxing its still blood-stained metallic hand. The werewolf did not hesitate, however, and with power enough to strike down an unsuspecting human in a single blow, the creature raked its terrible claws up through Rahkta's midsection. Strips of black material tore off from the blow, the pieces fluttering away, then slowly gliding to the ground. The werewolf overbalanced on its feet as the only resistance it felt from its attack was slicing through cloth, not flesh.
Meanwhile, Rahkta had not even slowed his pace. The mummified creature reached its bandaged hand forward to the werewolfs muzzle while it was regaining its footing, and placed that hand over its mouth and nose. The second Rahktas hand touched the fur and skin of the beast, the bandaging around his arm unravelled and writhed with a life of its own. It streaked over the creatures hand and wrapped itself around the werewolfs head, enveloping it completely in the black, writhing material. Like a python, the material slowly but unceasingly tightened around the werebeast's head, both threatening to crush the skull, and to suffocate the beast.
Of course, the were wolf did not take this without a fight. Frantically, it slashed at the figure that was slowly choking it to death, strips of material flying left and right, but the grip on the face did not falter. From beneath the bandages surrounding the wolven head, pitiful, canine whining began. Unless Rahkta was interfered with by the second werewolf, the first would be dead in perhaps a minute. Rahkta was counting on Dubrix, or perhaps the cowering woman, to occupy the second werewolf long enough.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »
Dubrix wasn't able to reach his sword but he did manage to swing his leg around and dig his heel into the beast's spine. The were wolf jumped off of Dubrix and reached for it's back and yelped. Dubrix dove for his sword and before the were wolf was able to recover he managed to jab his sword into it's thigh. The were wolf was infuriated more than in pain. It picked up Dubrix by the throat and threw him into the wall as hard as it could. Dubrix lay in the middle of debris that sat there with him from the collision. The were wolf was coming to give him the infecting bite when all of a sudden, heart seeker and wolf killer were stuck straight through it's chest. Kane pulled his twin swords out of the were wolf's chest and smirked. He turned around to see his partner (sort of) Rahkta.

"Board up the doors, there's bound to be more of them," Ash commented. "This will be home sweet home for a while Carn. Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

"Thanks Kane," Dubrix managed to say.

"Don't mention it kid,"

Just then Dubrix wondered where the woman was. He shrugged it off, either she had run away or she was still hiding there. If the second was true they'd find her eventually.

So while Rahkta was finishing off the other were wolf Kane returned the dead were wolf body (which was now actually a human body that wasn't dead) to the family he had luckily happened to know, and Dubrix and Ash started fixing the place up.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 11:16:40 PM »
Iscara huddled under the desk, listening.  Maybe she should get out of here before she got trapped.  If they boarded things up, she'd be stuck.  Well, maybe, it was possible there would be an opening big enough for her to wriggle through; she wasn't very big. 

Either way, she wanted far, far away from that Rahkta person.  She didn't know what he was, but he wasn't anything good.  She'd have to go past him and the newcomer to get out the door, so that was out.  At least the werewolves were dead, and she couldn't smell anymore around.  She wondered how long it would stay that way.

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »
Carn threw back his cape and drew a sword that was at his side. "Just let them come, he said I'll rip them all apart." Fang gave out a hiss. "If I have to die to find the one that let my friend turn into one of those, monsters, or if it means that I'll become one, I don't care. Just as long as one as some body kills me. God knows that nobody needs a were wolf running around with a snake for an arm."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just out side from, the dark mage stood with his staff. "They are in there, I can feel them," he said. "They are trying to hold them back, but you won't let them, right?" Just then, A huge were wolf jumped down from a tree. He was one of the monstrous ones ever. He had long sharp teeth, huge arms and legs, and he was missing a piece of his left ear. He wore pieces of trashed clothing. "You are my leading one. Show them your strength, Frazinox!" Just then, The ware wolf came battering at the blocked Door.

"THEY'RE HERE!," yelled Carn.

Online Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
The werewolf wrapped in Rahkta's bindings had gone limp - it had passed out from lack of air, but the creature did not release its hold: The were wolf slayers may like to keep the humans behind the werewolves alive, but as for Rahkta...? Well, it just kept tightening with his bandages until a sickening *Crack* echoed through the room and the shape of the werewolfs head behind those wrappings snapped and warped wrongly - it's own skull had been cracked and pushed into its brain. The shreds of material which had been torn from Rahkta and fell to the ground soon dissolved into nothingness, and the gaping holes torn began to slowly stitch over immediately, strand by strand.
Rahkta completely ignored the advice of boarding up the building as his bindings slowly slid from the wolven head and reformed against its arm. It even ignored the dangerous sounds of another beast battering at the newly erected barricade over the door - instead, Rahkta walked over to the desk in which the woman had crawled under and leaned over it. As it leaned, linen wrappings writhed from its midsection and darted out, snaking over the desk and writhing their way down to snatch the woman below.
Strangely, Rahkta's bindings didn't latch onto a humanoid form, but instead found themselves wrapping around the figure of a squirming fox. The fox managed to wiggle itself out of four of the bandages and make a bolt out from the table, but the fifth black wrapping snagged onto its left hind leg and hoisted it up into the air. The fox writhed and squirmed, attemting to gain leverage to snap at the material which was holding onto it.
An impatient growl echoed from beneath the wrappings of Rahkta - perhaps he shall wrap this small form in its bindings and let it suffocate, too.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 09:02:44 PM »
Iscara panicked.  Whatever this... thing... was, she didn't like it.  It seemed worse than the werewolves.  She couldn't twist enough to bite the wrappings holding her leg, and growling didn't do any good at all.  In fox-form, she was trapped.  She shifted back, again becoming the red-headed human woman, and significantly increasing in size and mass.

The growling turned into low cursing.  The thing was holding her by her left ankle, upside down.  "Let me go!"  She was bigger than a fox, but she still wasn't that big.  Her hand darted to the knife tucked into her belt, and she twisted upwards again.  She was more flexible this way, and she made to slash the wrapping twisted around her ankle.  As she did, she felt her tail brush the ground, and cursed again.  She hadn't had time to safely tuck it out of the way.  It didn't matter.  If these people didn't know what she was by now, they were stupid.

Online Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 10:04:44 PM »
Rahkta hissed in fury as the fox morphed into a woman, then slit the material which held her up, causing her to tumble to the ground. The Bandaged monstrosity walked towards the woman slowly, half a dozen bandages snaking away from its midsection and darting at the woman, who scrambled away, heading for a doorway into the next room. She almost made it, too, before one bandage caught a hold of her throat, and with a gagging sound she was pulled back, nearly toppling over. Once stopped, four more bandages snaked their way around her wrists and ankles, and Rahkta then swung the woman forcefully against the wall with a *Thud* as loud as the barraging of the werewolf outside. Now subdued and against the wall, Rahkta stalked forward to stop just a half a pace from her, its amber gaze peering closely into her eyes. "Werewolves were chasing you. Why?" As he awaited an answer, the bindings would slowly constrict, tightening painfully against her appendages and almost threatening to cut off her breathing. Rahkta ignored everything else - the imminent danger of the werewolf outside, the 'acclaimed' members of the so-called were wolf slayers, and the man with the snake for an arm.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »
Iscara gasped as she hit the wall.  She was well and truly stuck now; shifting again would probably just piss the thing off more.  If she answered it, maybe it would lose interest.  "Because... they saw me... running... toward town... from a farm..."  She was having trouble breathing, and her vision was starting to go a little funny.  "Must've... thought... they missed... a human... from earlier.  ...Didn't... stop... to smell,... just chase... what runs."

Online Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 11:02:04 PM »
Apparantly satisfied with the fox-woman's answer, Rahkta swung her away from the wall, releasing its hold and allowing her to tumble along the floor. Now ignoring the odd fox-girl, the Bandage Beast turned its focus onto Kane, "Gorex is on the offensive. When a monster of that calibre moves, you must move with it or move against it. To do nothing is to be trampled and left to die. I know not if Gorex is the king or the pawn, but it is a place to start." Rahkta finally shifted its focus onto the barricaded door, and noticed the wood begin to splinter, "That is no scout... What is out there will not be fodder as these were." Khalrani indicated the corpses of the werewolves which had entered earlier. *Thump* One more good barrage, and that barricade would not hold...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 12:11:02 AM »
Iscara shook her head as she hit the floor.  Rahkta wasn't going to eat her, that was good.  She got to her feet, slightly dizzy.  Not knowing what else to do, she just stood away from the door, trying to brush the fur on her tail flat.  She couldn't use a weapon very well, and her teeth and claws wouldn't do her much good.  But now that she was more or less over her scare, she was thinking clearly again.  She was sorely tempted to hide again, and let the humans and the... thing deal with the problem.  But that wouldn't change anything, really.  And if the werewolf found her, he'd snap her in half.

Well, she was smart, and from what she'd seen, the werewolves weren't.  Maybe she could outsmart it, and help that way.  Illusion wouldn't do much good.  Foxfire might startle it a little, she'd keep that in mind.  For right now, the best thing to do was stay out of the way of those who could fight.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
Kane nodded to the information that Rahkta gave him and drew out his blades and faced the barricaded door. This was going to be fun.

Ash, as usual, was being his cocky self, not paying attention to the door. Instead, he was widdling a twig he found on the ground. He didn't think this was going to be a challenge, it was just a werewolf trying to make himself sound bigger and stronger by banging harder.

Dubrix on the other hand was not happy about this whole situation. When he became a Were Wolf Slayer he thought he was going to gradually be involved in killing werewolves, not get to fight a bunch of them in one night!

Just then the banging on the door stopped... Something was going on outside.