llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kane: The Were Wolf Hunter  (Read 16519 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
Re: Kane: The Were Wolf Hunter
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »
Hexin decided it was time to attack, so he leaped out of the tree and grabbed the fox by the muzzle and slung her at the human. Catching a fox before it ran away and biting a human before it got up proved to be somewhat of a challenge. There was something wierd about that fox though. It's scent wasn't a normal fox's scent. Hexin shrugged the thought off though and went to the pile he had created. Hexin picked the fox up and to get it out of the way of him and the human he slung it into a tree. Then he picked up what he soon realized was a druid and cackled. His earlier babble about how hard this was was no longer thought of. This had been to easy!
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »
Iscara didn't have time to react before she was picked up bodily and flung about like a toy.  She lay near the tree she'd hit for a moment, dazed.  Then she realized the werewolf was going for Rin.  She shifted in mid-leap, landing on the werewolf's back with her full human weight.  Her knife was in her hand, and she slashed at it.  "Leave her alone!"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »
The werewolf jumped out and grabbed Iscara before Rin knew what happened. Knocked back by the weight of the thrown Fox the druid scrambled to get to her feet but the creature was on her, picked her up. Rin panicked. She swung and tried smack the creature in the face with her fist. She couldn't reach her dropped spear but she pulled one of her short swords out and started jabbing at the creature's stomach.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »
Hexin felt jabs of pain in his stomach and back. he threw down Rin and and slammed Iscara on her. When Iscara was down on the ground he realized she was now a human! If his guess was right she was a yoko and if he infected her he would be awarded with the highest werewolf honors! Just as he picked up Iscara he felt another jab of pain. He looked further up the road and he saw Ash with his bow in hand. He also saw Dubrix leaning against a tree. He knew these me were The Were Wolf Slayers but was was the leader, Kane? Hexin's question was soon answered when he felt twind blades at his throat.

"Fire Ash!" Kane yelled.

Ash fired two arrows at Hexin's throat. The werewolf fell to the ground and slowly started transforming back into a human.

Kane went to look at Iscara and yelled "Sh*t! He bit you! We have to get back to the headquarters before you become one of them. Ash! Dubrix! Get this body back to headquarters and find out who it is."

"Yes sir." they said in unity.

Kane saw Rin and said "Greetings Druid," with a bow. So the five of them saddled up and hurried back to headquarters.
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 04:12:40 PM »
"He didn't bite me," Iscara said irritably as they hurried her along.  "Or if he did, I didn't feel it, which doesn't seem possible.   And anyway, I don't think they can give yokos the werewolf sickness.  We're not human, and I've never seen anything else get it."  It took some doing to get her on a horse; she didn't like the idea of getting on something that big.  She fumed quietly.  Humans made her curious, and she tended to do silly things when she was curious.  But this was getting annoying.  "And I suppose you've changed your minds about the wizard?"

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »
"Sickness?" a voice asked, it was a deep and thick voice, like a dark black beer poured in an oak mug. "Tis hardly a sickness little one." He was human, though his scent said otherwise. To the yoko, he could not have been more obviously a werewolf than if he came slavering and screaming into the clearing like the one that had thrown her.

"The air is thick with the smell of wolves, the smell of wolves and blood," he paused to take a dramatic sniff of the air. "Too many werewolves, too many humans, it's a bit out of order isn't it Green-Keeper?" He looked to the druidess Rin. "Ah, I forget my manners sometimes, and most know to show proper obedience to their alphas. I am Gorex, First Fang of Garm, and loyal servant of the Wolf-Sires." A pack of wolves filtered out of the brush behind him, each seemingly the size of small ponies rather than wolves, but the yoko and druid would know of certain lupine gifts that made the wolves seem larger and more dangerous than they might actually be.

Acting on a invisible signal, the wolves of his pack lifted their heads and howled, their sounds rising into the night air as an almost visible column of smoke, twinning around itself, coiling nd lashing about like a wounded monster. "I smell hunters and demons, time to make an offering suitable for Garm." he said with a chuckle.

(OOC - Gorex is basically a werewolf lord, and a cleric of a lupine god. His pack are equally tough and should not go down easily or without a fight. The howl is a call to the hunters.)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
The boy - Sabrit - was terrified beyond all wits, but Rahkta had gleaned the information it needed from the child, before leaving the weeping adolescent alone with the remnants of his family once more - once it had what it wanted the child was of no consequence. So, what Gorex wanted wasn't so complex as it had thought. He simply wanted Kane's head, and that of the Were Wolf Hunters.
The threat of rain had disappeared - there wasn't even a cloud in the sky, now, and as such, the creature left the building and began to make its way back to Kane with this additional information.
In the distance, a chior of wolves howled. Aah, he may be too late! Rahkta picked up speed, clambering across the land - Kane was an annoyance, sometimes, but it would be a shame to lose someone who would stand up to the beasts.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2007, 07:26:50 PM »
Iscara was very quiet.  There was no way to outrun this many werewolves, but foxes were smart and the werewolves she'd run into so far weren't so much.  Werewolves chase what runs.  They don't stop to smell.  I might could trick them.  Her tail swished, more from the tension than anything else.  She was never going to get her fur to lie straight again.  She studied the clearing, searching for possible escape routes.  Werewolves frightened her, but only because they were predators big enough to easily kill her.  Well, that, and they were crazier than humans it seemed like.  Certainly they acted more like humans than wolves. 

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2007, 09:50:37 PM »
Frazinox was on the run in the woods, far from the H.Q. He stopped near a lake and began drinking from its cold water. He then looked down to the wound left from Carn's sword. It was still bleeding, but not as bad. He didn't plan to return to for another anytime soon, that was until his master found.

"So, I see you couldn't handle the competition," said the mage. "But I'm not letting you give up by a long shot! You’re going back but this time you won't be alone. Call your friends."

Frazinox then held up his head a howled with a high tone. And then, the two were surrounded by three more were wolves, each different but all frightening. The was a gray one with two blades fixed onto both it's arms with arm braces. He also wore bits and pieces of armor on his body. The second was white, had blue eyes, and a cold fog blowing out its mouth and nose when he breathed. he then blow more of the fog and froze the lake near Frazinox. The last one was a firry red and held fire in it's paws. He then threw a ball of fire at the lake and melted the ice covering it and turned it into a boiling hot basin of water.

"Now Frazinox, said the mage, You know have a team that can match them. Kill them, but leave the half-demon and the fox to me, they maybe of use to me. Oh, and don't forget about Carn. If the snake doesn't kill, the pain of getting ripped apart will. I keep an eye out, and Fraz, DON'T FAIL ME AGAIN; OR IT WILL BE YOUR LAST."

The mage then disappeared from site and Fraz and his new team took off back to the H.Q. but in different directions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carn stayed at the headquarters waiting for the others.

"Fang, do you think this was a good idea to stay behind?," asked Carn. Fang only looked up and then back to the front door.

"Maybe we should go find the others." Carn then opened the front door and headed off. He could hear strange sounds. Carn then panicked and stared running. He ran for a while until he could see someone, but then found out there was more then one. KANE, ASH!, IS THAT YOU?" he yelled. He began to run to them but something came running there the trees next to him and knocked him down. Seconds later he couldn't feel nothing and his feet were frozen to the ground. There in front of him was the Fraz's friend, the were wolf of ice, Zamarx.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:53:39 PM by Chuckanator »

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2007, 03:15:02 AM »
Deralak flew around the forest as he thought of all the things said to him within the past few hours. Werewolves telling him to stand down, humans, obviously scared of him. The yoko, skittish at best, had seemed the bravest of them all. Deralak knew yokos normally ran from anything bigger than them and not human. The druid had not been as scared as most humans, would have fought at least. Kane had seemed to show no fear at all. That messed with Deralak. Humans hated demons, and many a demon hunter had come for Deralak's head. Deralak thought a bit, then realized he had forgotten something. For so many years he had hunted for Gorex. He had forgotten a skill his wife had imbued him with, and why his sister wanted his head more than any human did. "What a fool I've been," he laughed to himself. He concentrated on two simple things for a moment, flying, and making specific changes to his bodily form. While just an illusion, it had kept his wife's family from trying to kill him. Within a few seconds, the being in the sky only resembled a demon by his wings. Deralak Examined his body, so long had he forgotten about it. His only piece of clothing, a loin cloth, had fallen off. "D**n this small form, time to get some clothes before worrying about anything else," he growled at himself. He flew back into town, and willed his wings away. Now anyone who saw him would just think him insane. He snuck into a house, and "borrowed" some clothes from the man that lived there. He walked out dressed in leather pants and leather vest, his human form's solid abs and muscled chest still in plain sight. "Mayhap now the humans will calm down, although the yoko and ethereal beast will still see me for who I am, and the druid more than likely as well," Deralak said. He heard a howl, and not just one, or from one beast. One howl had come from a pack of weres, and the other from only one. Deralak checked his sword, and his whip, and realized something. The yoko and druid had walked into the forest, near where the howl had come from. He instantly stopped thinking to himself and ran in the direction. The single were was most likely hurt. But the humans needed help. And while he looked like a human, he still had his demonic strength and spells. He ran to the seen, slowing down to what he remember was a humans normal speed, and looked at the scene. Humans and weres everywhere. And there he was, Gorex. Calm yourself, Deralak, the humans must not know of your human form untill they are quite comfortable with you, he thought to himself. He hoped the human smell on the leather would cover his demonic stench, and made himself known. "Ah, so I see everyone has finally met," Deralak said in his purely human voice. "Gorex, if you value your life, you had better move on. I'm sure you remember me," Deralak let the demonic fire show in his eyes as he stared at the were who killed his wife. "And as for you all," he stated turning to face the humans and yoko, "I do believe this fight is for another time, I've been watching you. A fight right now would hurt fate, and that is never good. Now, I'll introduce myself to everyone here. My name is Sift, a spell-sword from the eastern continent, and if these weres don't move on, I'll be forced to act," Deralak said. He lowered his head for a second, to make sure his skin was darker than most western humans, and it was. He raised his head, looked directly at Gorex, and motioned for him to leave. "And tell your imcoming weres to step off, I do not feel like shedding blood this dark day," he said matter of factly. He turned and walked off, making sure to pick up Gorex's scent. He turned around and said quickly to the humans and yoko, "Let us return, I much need to speak with the one named Kane," and with that said, Deralak slipped into the darkness. He ran with great speed to the sound of the other howl, switching his form back to his demonic body, and putting his found loin cloth back on. He hid the leather in a tree, and took flight. With everything going so badly, he would find it hard to be two people at once.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2007, 03:54:39 AM »
Iscara suddenly sniffed as a strange person suddenly joined the group, her nose flaring.  The scent was a little different, but she was pretty sure it was the demon from before.  She didn't bother questioning why it was interfering, but she knew a distraction when she saw one.  Her tail swished down, colliding with the druid's leg hard enough to get her attention.  Suddenly, there was a flash of movement on the other side of the clearing.  A man dressed in hunter's clothing was staring at the group, white faced.  Then, he turned around and bolted.  Iscara smiled briefly as most of the werewolves took the bait.  "They'll catch on in a bit," she hissed.  "But werewolves chase what runs.  Let's get out of here."  Then she shifted into her fox form.  It wasn't quite as fast, but it was smaller, and she wanted that now.  Without checking to be sure the humans were following her, she bolted in the same direction the demon had gone.  Better it than the werewolves, there was only one of him.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2007, 05:04:51 AM »
ooc: wow! everybody returned at once!

Ic: Rin seethed, her knuckles white with gripping her sword. More of these abominations in her forest! The creature addressed her and she shot it the coldest look she could muster; Blue sparks flickered in her eyes for a moment. Then more came out of the forest. She counted, too many... she wouldn't be able to direct the strikes quick enough and she was still weak. Arinthal whipped her bloody blade on the ground and sheathed it, moving slowly and deliberately, to prevent from startling the creatures or showing fear. She slowly backed up in the group so that her foot was on the shaft of her spear. It was partially hidden under the dead leaves and ferns of the forest. She didn't pay much attention to the man who came and left. Rin was trying to devise a distraction so that she'd be able to grab her spear. Iscara's tail brushed against her leg. She looked to the woman and then to where the yoko was looking. An Illusion! Rin could see through it but she knew that the instincts of the werewolves would be to chase. Very clever... she mused for only a second until the werewolves who gave chase were fully occupied. The Druid stuck her toe under the spear and flipped it into the air, catching it with her right hand. A triumphant grin crossed her face and she turned to smile at Iscara but she was gone. There were still a couple of werewolves left with Gorex.
"By the skies!" she cursed her spear at the ready. She rubbed her thumb along one of the silver veins laid into the shaft. "Where did she go?"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »
"Go along Green-Keeper," Gorex said, his eyes not leaving the newcomer. No amount of illusion could hide the identity of the pretender human, humans relied too much on their eyes and demons were ten-fold worse. The visual aspect was quite good, but it wasn't a demon's fault if he didn't know his own tainted reek. "We've no quarrel with you."

"I've smelled your stink before, Sift. I think I smelled it quite strongly when I was tearing your woman limb from limb. She stank of your corruption as well." He gave a throaty laugh. "It was a shame you weren't there. I understand your kind takes a perverse pleasure from the pain and suffering of others."

Sparks of light flickered around Gorex, and Deralak could feel bits of divine power from the lupine king, he was silently drawing upon the might of Garm, the Mighty Hunter. In the annals of Hell, Garm was known for hunting even demons who entered his domains...

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »
And then Rahkta arrived on the scene. Bursting out from the darkness with a fluttering of linen and alighting shortly onto the ground just behind the five 'hunters'. Absently flexing its metallic hand, the bandaged monstrosity gave a hate-filled glance at the human form of the demon - the illusion held no sway over it - before finally resting it's amber gaze upon Gorex. The hollow, echoed voice churned from beneath those bindings once more, the words directed at the clerical lupine of Garm, "You've grown sluggish in your age, Gorex. Had to perform a monologue before you kill them?"

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2007, 12:11:24 AM »
OOC: Nice to hear from you again Scras. :D And WOW! It's really hard to keep up with you people when your posting this fast! :up:

Ahhh...So the infamous Gorex pays my colleagues and I a visit... Kane thought.

He knew that the werewolf, Hexin, had bitten Iscara, whether it had effects on her or not, but he would deal with that later. He neede to find out what Gorex wanted.

"Why are you here?" Kane asked Gorex, bluntly.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2007, 12:31:27 AM »
"Let's just call it a touch of Human vanity. I do so like an audience, someone to pass on the tale. That's why I always leave one survivor untouched." Gorex gave the hunter a slight nod of respect. While it was an insincere gesture, even Gorex could not ignore the hunter's ability to survive werewolf attacks. "i didn't expect such a rogue's gallery. An undead, a demon, a yoko and a green-keeper. But if that is how it is to be, then that is how it is to be." He pulled out a massive green jewel, easily the size of three human fists and vaguely organic in shape.

A bright light flared from the stone and with a rumble the ground lurched and the stone itself made a shrieking sound as a fissure split the earth beneath the feet of the hunters, demon, and undead. "Open wide! Open Wide devouring jaws of the hungry earth!" Gorex shouted above the roar of the earth splitting.

(OOC - The Green Jewel: http://www.strolen.com/content.php?node=684)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2007, 12:46:30 AM »
Iscara yelped as the ground started to shake.  She caught hold of the druid's cloak and pulled backwards, hoping to keep her from falling in.  The hunters could take care of themselves, and anyway, she could only reach one person.  Plus, Rin was the only one small enough that Iscara would have the strength to help without shifting, and she was better off in this form.  Ah, let's get out of here!  Let them and whatever they brought have the mountain!  I can find a new territory, the druid can find a new forest!  It's not worth it!

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2007, 02:05:59 AM »
Rin was indignant when the werewolf told her to go. Last thing she wanted to do was go and allow this creature to destroy the balance in her forest. Another person walked up from behind them, she turned to see who it was and to her horror it was another abomination. Some strange wrapped up creature that wasn't born of nature. This was too much for her to fight, though the creature seemed non-hostile. She gripped her spear tighter in her hands and she looked back at the werewolf. Maybe... If I take out the one... she thought, but the thoughts were disrupted when the Were pulled out a large green crystal. The earth started to shake and split. Arinthal was horrified at the destruction that began until she felt the tug on her robes. Iscara pulled her back just in time to avoid a crack running where Rin's feet had formerly been. "I trust your wisdom," Rin nodded to Iscara "and thanks for that." The druid gave a slight nod to the fox in agreement of her plan. "We'll fight another day." Rin said with a twitch and a bit of blue electricity running through her hair she turned to flee with the yoko.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2007, 06:41:30 AM »
The others were fleeing, but Rahkta was not quite done. As the earth cracked and crumbled beneath the bandage beasts' feet, a pair of tar-black bandages writhed loose from the creature's midsection and shot over to latch onto a tree-limb some several meters away. At the same time, the creature raised its bandaged arm, which unravelled at the elbow into four individual bands which struck through the air. Two linen wrappings attempted to writhe around the jewel which Gorex held in his hands and tried to wrench it out of the werewolf's human-handed grip.
The other two wrappings found their way to the enormous wolven creature just to the left of Gorex, and attempted to wrap around its midsection - The beast snarled and snapped, and actually managed to catch one of the nimble bandages in its mouth, but the second the wrapping diverted its course, encircling around the now-closed muzzle of the beast and quickly tightening. With a tremendous tug by Rahkta, the werewolf found itself bieng lurched forcefully forward: Straight into the slowly expanding crevasse. Once the wolf was well away from the stable ground, the bandage beast relaxed its grip on the wolf which fell, howling, but not before tearing away the bandage which it held in its mouth.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2007, 01:09:38 PM »
Power pulsed through Rahkta, sliding through it's very fibers. It was the throbbing power of the gem, the heart of a slain elemental lord, the essence of the unyielding earth. Gorex shouted something inchoate and the undead felt something peculiar. The power throbbing through it's limbs was aligning itself, forcing the materia of his own being into a crystalline form. Gorex was trying to use the gem to turn Rahkta into stone!

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »
Deralak sanrled as he ran towards the other howl, and then he heard the earth scream in pain. With a torn roar that could be heard for miles, the demon immediately changed course. Hopefully the other howl had been a ruse.

Deralak ran around the assembled party, and notcied Gorex had the gem. He snuck up behind the weres, and drew his blade. Better to play it safe for once. Deralak ran into the closest were, sticking his flaming blade through its back and out its chest. He retracted the blade quick and grabbed his whip with his other hand. With a flick of the wrist he snapped the whip at Gorex's hand. "Bastard! My wife shall be avenged! I care not if the humans know now, you shall die!" Deralak yelled in rage. He smashed his blade into another were, and then caught another in the thoat with a backhand slash. "Humans! Run!" Deralak yelled. He sheathed his blade and summoned a fireball, with which he fried two weres. He ran up to Gorex in three strides and slugged him across the jaw. "Last chance Gorex! Leave now or DIE!" Deralak whispered so only the were could here. Deralak picked up the puny human form and tossed it aside. Now for the undead thing.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »
From beneath it's bindings, Rahkta hissed at the power coursing through it's material - such earthern energies he had never felt before! And then the hiss of awe altered into one of confusion as Gorex uttered something indecipherable, and the energies changed direction. coursing slowly but surely along its unwrapped limbs came a tingling sensation, and the bandages began to stiffen. Rahkta released its grip on the orb at the same time the demon grabbed Gorex, and drew its unravveled limbs back as though he had been burned. Swinging from the tree to stable ground, Rahkta reformed its arm and glanced at it - Half his hand was solid stone! Two of his fingers and a small portion of the palm had turned into grey carvings.
Furiously, the bandage beast shattered its stone appendage against the tree next to him, breaking off the stone - perhaps it will reform properly, it thought, but it could already see that the stitchings which were reconnecting the removed material had a grey, crystalline makeup to them.
"Dai Khara!" Rahkta cursed, and peered over to where Gorex was - instead, he saw Deralak, the demon, peering at him. The bandage beast had done his best to ignore that demon, but should it think to attack him, he would ignore it no longer.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2007, 09:13:38 PM »
Kane had had enough of this! He worked his way around the cracks in the ground and started working his way toward Gorex's of his army. He ran up to one of them and emmediately jabbed wolf killer (his sword) into it. He ducked a paw and swung some more when he saw Deralak. "Greetings again, Hellspawn." Kane said not happy to see him but not unhappy. If the demon was on his side, he considered it an ally, for now. He continued fighting until a werewolf saw an opening in his defenses and jumped on him. Kane narrowlly escaped the werewolf's bite and slung it off of his back. Unfortunetely he fell off his horse in the process. Kane then became swarmed  by a pack of werewolves! Ash and Dubrix saw Kane's distress and came to his aid slicing through man-beasts.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2007, 11:55:50 PM »
Iscara tore through the underbrush, away from the werewolves.  She was going just slow enough that the druid could follow her.  Let the weres and the humans and whatever else fight it out amongst themselves.  She'd had enough.  Nothing had been right recently.  Something was there, in the deep forest, that was making everything go bad.  She didnt' know if the werewolves brought it or if it brought the weres...  But she didn't like it.  It had scared the game off, and made the humans even crazier than normal.  She wasn't going to mess with it anymore, she was leaving too.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:43 AM »
Rin took one more quick glance at the large gash in the ground. A despair fell over her. She could no longer protect her forest from these creatures but she could still help protect the yoko. She followed it through the underbrush and the rain fell . Clouds had appeared quickly and opened to a pour. Lightening danced across the sky.

The druid rubbed at her eyes as she ran. The air felt alive, the storm felt cleansing.
That crystal... It must be destroyed before it harms more of the earth
She heard the sound of battle far behind her through the pouring rain.