llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Key  (Read 7255 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
The Key
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »
There is a key of great power, lost somewhere the realm of Derulothicious (der-roo-loth-sis-us) in the Land of Sontuce. It is the Styx Key, a stone of great evil, designed to open a doorway between Earth and the underworld. There is a mastermind behind it, who welcomed creatures of the underworld to earth, but the key was lost. Now, it sits in the hands of an elf of Sontuce, Syrus. It was given to him by his father who found it buried far away. His father disappeared after it was given to him. Little does he know of its dark powers but believes it will help him find his father. Who is the mastermind behind the Styx key? and will it reclaim the key and lead the creatures of the underworld in over running earth? or will the key be destroyed???

..........a great adventure awaits Syrus and all those who stand aside him against the creatures and all odds to destroy THE KEY....

Offline DMJon

• Apprentice
  • Heylo
    • Awards
Re: The Key
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »
Syrus wiped the sweat from his forhead and felt himself drifting back to sleep. He felt a cold draft and then it hit him. His window looked as if it had been torn open and wind thrashed at the ripped curtains. He walked on his toes through the broken glass and shut the window as best as he could. He was still registering whether he was dreaming or awake when he suddenly remembered the cube. Looking at the table it was still there, right where hed left it. "What the hell?" he repeated over and over in his mind. He glanced once more at the window, prompting him this time to speak, "what the hell?" He turned back to his bed and nearly fainted. Standing over his bed was a huge, hooded figure, his piercing, red gaze locked on Syrus. "How long had he been there thought syrus?" A finger,covered by a black gauntlet shot out, pointing straight to the cube. The warrior drew an ancient sword crusted with blood. Syrus recognise the sybols along the blade. The blade, which now, was leveled at Syrus' neck...
About the most quickly promoted and Noobiest DM youll find!

Offline DMJon

• Apprentice
  • Heylo
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »
The elf obviously knew the woods extremely well, for they were travelling at such a speed that hitting any obsticale would send them both flying off the horse. They had no pursuers, or so they thought. It was hard to hear when travelling at such speeds but Syrus never ceased to turn around every few minutes just to check. He opened his hand, turned red by the tightness with which he had gripped the cube. Examining the object, he looked for something, anything, a compartment, a button, but there was nothing. All that made the cube distinct were the runes. Four, one on each face. He found the face with the rune he recognised, the events of a that night flicking through his mind. The rune glowed ever so slightly, faintly red. As the horse galloped on the glow intesfied. It grew and grew until the horse and the elfs back were covered in an eerie red glow. Then he heard it, the faint clip clop of hooves and the chink of metal on metal. His head whipped round. No one there. He looked at the cube, puzzled. The sounds drew closer, the glow grew, and soon, there location was known. The horse reared as it nearly hit a huge black horse ridden by the hooded figures Syrus thought he had escaped. The Elf turned east only to encounter another rider. She turned west, south and all the directions inbetween, riders blocked each and every path. The elf cursed under her breath, her eyes widening as she noticed how intense the cubes glow was.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:45:55 AM »
Syrus looked at all the riders. I might not now what this d**n cube is for, ut whatever it is, these guys aren't getting it, he thought to himself. Syrus reached into his right boot for the dagger that was normally there, and realized he always took it out before sleeping. He looked at the elven woman, and noticed she had almost as many blades as an entire squad of city guards. "Miss, if I might borrow a blade of some type, I would kind of like to have a defense of my own, just to be safe," he said to the elf. She grabbed a large blade from the back of her belt and tossed it to him so it landed perfectly in his palm. "Well, I don't exactly think these men care if we are dead or alive, but the cube must not fall into their hands. Fight for your life, if they get the cube, we are as good as dead," she said to him sternly. He gripped the cube tight in his left hand, and held the dagger in a defensive position his father taught him. "Well, you hooded freaks, quit standing there, if your going to do something, do it!" he yelled at the hooded men. As he finished his sentence, all of them charged, each carrying a short sword and a dirk.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 01:11:02 AM »
Aesod jumped out of the way of a sword, but quickly regained his footing and knocked the blade out of the hooded monster's hand. He held his sword up to the monster's head (because he didn't know where the neck was) and asked "Where is it!?"

"We are lookin for the key just like you Aesod," the monster hissed.

"Okay, how about this, either you tell me where it is or I kill you," Aesod taunted.

"You don't scare me Aesod,"

"Fine," Aesod moved his sword from the monster's head and cut off his scaly hand.

The monster screamed in agony and blurted out "Fine! It's with a male by the name of Syrus!"

"Syrus eh? Tell me more,"

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

After Aesod learned about where Syrus was he emmediately set off to look for him. This could be the big break in his life long search for the Styx Key.
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline DMJon

• Apprentice
  • Heylo
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 01:48:26 AM »
Karig whistled as he trudged through the forest on his short, dwarven legs. A huge great axe rested on his shoulder and numerous daggers were concealed about his body. "ooooh go and sort out all the trouble in the forest" he muttered, obviously imitating someone else "we've heard terrible noises and strange riders have been coming in and out". "Riders my arse" said Karig, reverting back to his regular, gruff voice. He trod over a big pile of leaves and heard a sickening crunch, pulling his leg out it revealed a hideous body and Karig had put his foot right into its empty stomach. His eyes widened and he said nothing, realizing he was surrounded by empty husks of what could have been people. He felt a tug at his leg, looking down to see a wry, scaly hand gripping to his ankle. "what the hell?!" he said, drawing his great axe...

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 01:50:20 AM »
Aesod could feel that he was close to the one the monsters called Syrus, soon he would find him. Long ago Aesod found out about the Styx Key and what it could do. His life was pretty much ruined because of certain mishaps he never told anyone about, so he went out looking for it as well, to aid in the search for the key in his own little way. Just then he heard a rumbling in the trees, he was being watched...
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:48 AM »
Kesta moved swiftly from alley to alley following the two which had just entered Sunvail, Her long ebony hair stuck to her face and the wind blew towards her sending strands of her hair flying backwards. her pale face was pretty appart from the scar which trailed from underneath her left eye to the middle of her cheek, her bright green eyes flashed as she watched them make there way to the town centre, they had something of great power with them and it would bring great evil to her town, Kesta had been promoted to town guardian by the citizens of Sunvail, and now some stupid people where bringing evil to her town. 'Not while im here' She whispered to herself. the shadowy alley ways hide her form well, she was quite tall and thin, she carried a golden long sword on her side, and bow and a quiver of arrows on her back, she wore a long black cloak and a tight black top and tight black shorts with hard-wearing black dragon hide boots on her feet. Kesta stopped following them and sniffed the air, her head shot from the direction the woman and the boy had come from, they were coming, the evil one's, memorys flashed through Kesta's mind reminding her of the dreaded war between the good and evil before as they tried to get rid of the key, she remebered that she had been in the party to hide the key away from evil. Kesta looked over at the boy and her eyes widend with fear "You have to get it out of here" she cried jumping out of her hiding place, "You boy where did you get it from" her glare was fierce and penetrating staring at him her green eyes seeming to spark every now and then, "Where did you get it from you stupid boy" she repeated staring at the boy. "Grr, theres no time" she got down on one knee and raised her sword "My sword is to protect your life and to help you on your quest to rid this word of that evil." She pointed at the key.  "i made a pledge years ago that if it was ever found that i must give my life to protect this world from the evil's it may unleash now i pledge my sword to you so that i can help you get rid of it! do you accept?"
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »
Kesta swore "stupid people don't understand what trouble there in" Although Kesta was as old as time she looked as if she had only just turned 20. She followed behind them scuffing her feet as she walked. When they reached 'The Keg' she stopped and looked at the boy "you will understand soon enough that thing you hold there holds your fate and the fate of the entire planet, you fail then everything falls and i can't let that happen not again." Kesta cringed as pain shot through the scar on her face it had constantly given her grief since the dark lord had given it to her in the first place. She walked up to the door and pushed on the middle it swung open and everyone turned and looked most people nodded there head to her as she walked towards the bar others bowed there head to there drinks and shielded there eyes away from hers. Kesta was used to that not everyone in the town appreciated the way she handlded most situations. she ordered herself an ale and then walked over to the woman "what drink do you want we might as well have one for the road."   

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:33:11 PM »
"well i suppose i have no choice." sighed kesta, then the trouble began "oh great this is the best day of my life." she pulled out her golden longsword and swang it up by her ear waiting to make the first strike, "we will never be able to kill them we will only be holding back fate. we must do what we can then get out of here as fast as possible do you understand me."

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »
Aesod stopped, and pulled out his scimitar and dagger. he went into crouch-mode and slowly walked to the horde of bushes. Another cloaked monster jumped out with it's demonic sword. Aesod made a cross with his weapons and blocked the monster's attack. Aesod kicked it and then jumped out of the way. He regained his footing and jabbed the monster's side with his scimitar. The monster shreeked, but it wasn't about to back down yet. It took it's sword and stabbed Aesod in the thigh. Aesod howled and fell.

The monster got up to his feet and smiled at his prey. It flipped it's sword downward and was about to stab Aesod in the heart when it felt a sting in it's head and dropped dead. "Do not go easy on an elf until he's dead." Aesod told the dead body. He limped to his feet and took his daggder out of it's head.

The next town was Sunvail. Maybe Ol' Sam at THE KEG could tend his thigh. It would be a long walk there though.....

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Ol' Sam's ways of healing were efficiant but very painful so Aesod ordered a few ales to deaden his senses some. He was sipping the first one when he noticed an unusual group. A dwarf, and what looked like three humans were talking quielty. When they were talking, he happened to catch the name Syrus many times so he began limping over to the group when a demonic figure burst into the scene. Aesod moaned and pulled his weapons out. One more fight for the books.....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 07:44:41 PM by T-Bone »

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 02:49:51 PM »
kesta swang at one of the demons heads as it raced towards her but it swerved and rammed into her  left side sending her flying into the man who had been limping towards them "sorry" she said lifting herself and putting her hand out to help up the stranger. as she looked down at the man she sent a dagger spirraling towards the demons head and managing to puncture its eye.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 08:37:13 PM »
Aesod smiled through the pain and took Kesta's hand. When he got up, he said "We better catch up with the others. I'll exlain who I am later." Aesod found two horses for them and soon  they were caught up with the others.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Gideon was doing his regular scouting when a messenger came to him. "A letter from Aesod Sir Gideon. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

Gideon was stunned. Aesod? He haden't heard from  Aesod since the war against the Prax Kingdom. Aesod had been allegedly working with Sidous Prax. He and Gideon both knew he was framed but the kingdom over-voted them and Aesod was forced to leave the kingdom. Gideon was to be cut off of any connections with his brother, but Gideon still heard from him every now and then.

So Gideon read the letter: Gideon,

As you know I haven't been searching for the Styx key for some time now, and after a long time I have found out where it is. I might need your help. I will send another letter telling you where to meet me...

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                       Aesod

Gideon had been waiting for another adventure since the war and this might be his chance, but he would have to persuade King Azriel to let him go though. He would find a way.......

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »
Kesta grinned and slung herself onto the back of the horse, with a sharp kick it was off, running like the wind with the new-comer just behind. after a while they caught up with the others Kesta shook her hair out of her face and tied it in a loose bun, she looked over at the young man "are you going to inform us on who you are now?" she asked giving him the once over and then turning away to search for the source of noise which had just reached her ears, it was alright it was only a squirrel searching for its nuts. She looked back at the man and cocked her head to the side, her smile was sweet and she blinked a couple of times as a few strands of hair fell into her face.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »
Aesod had always preffered keeping his name to himself but he wasn't going to be able continue without at least telling his name. "My name is Aesod. I am...or was from the elven city of Elvindorm. I am a half-elf although my culture and physical appearance says otherwise. Why I am here is my own business." he stated.

Looks like he wasn't going to get any of Ol' Sam's treatments. (He didn't know whether to be happy of sad.) He searched his knapsack for anything to help his thigh but found nothing. He tried to search his mind for any magical elven words that would heal his wound. He had been gone so long from Elvindorm he was beginning to forget their magical terms. The only words he could think of were gneterz ke bree which ment fix my leg. It wasn't very specific but it would probably work. He whispered the words and he felt his whole leg go numb and sting. He began to panic. What if he said a word like detach instead of fix? After some painfully long moments, the stinging numbness went away. He felt his leg. It was extremely tense and sore but the wound had gone away. Thank goodness! he thought. Aesod whispered something to his horse and then slowly went to sleep.