llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Openings available in The Carnival of Forgotten Souls!  (Read 1410 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 NPC Guild
    • Awards
Openings available in The Carnival of Forgotten Souls!
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:44:42 PM »
Dearest Patrons and Friends,
       With the recent death of Marsin and Tresin the Two-is-One, we at the Carnival have come to a decision.
We will be having open auditions from now until the full moon passes thrice.
                                       Not once...not twice...but THRICE!
        All applicants will be considered, but only two will be given the honor...the privilege...nay, the pleasure...of joining our
band of misfits and miscreants!
       Appearance, skills, and personality will be the determining factors in our decision, so come ready
to put on a show!

Mascebus Elmirion Hendamere
                                                                                                      Ringmaster 

All NPCs submitted my 02/01/07 will be considered.
Check existing Carnival subs for formatting.
Please post complete sub on this thread.
Voting poll will will be presented on 02/14/07.
All Strolenites welcome to cast a vote to determine the newest members of the Carnival.
The newest members of the Carnival will be announced on 03/01/07.
(Links to the newest member's sub will be added to related posts, as well as contributor credit.)

[Menagerie of Madness] is being readied to house the rest of the submissions.

Links: [The Carnival of Forgotten Souls] [Mascebus Elmirion Hendamere] [Arturo the Slight]
         [Aela the Tattooed Lady] [Korian the Lion Man] [Vies the Feral Boy] [Tulapon the “Missing Link”]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 04:14:56 PM by the Wanderer »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
~Henry L Mencken

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: Opening available in The Carnival of Forgotten Souls!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:59:37 PM »
Can we have a link to the existing Carnival subs?  I couldn't find them on the site.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »
cute  :P I'm in.

I would add though, that you may want to change the premise a bit. Lets say six to ten people take the time and effort to make a complete NPC sub for the carnival. So, you will select one, and then what? Send a bunch of, "not bad, but no" PM's? hehe. Besides, whoever sends it to you in a PM completed, will also most likely be posting that sub anyway  And since it would be an NPC for and inspired by, your carnival, guess which sub they will all be linked too anyway?

*warning* there's a chance you'll get lots of good ones. And judging many people's subs to come up with one, all by yourselves, seems dunno, a bit cheeky :P

follow?  :wink:

What if you just post the challenge as a collaborative effort to populate The Carnival of Forgotten Souls, and make a humangous and memorable scroll? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:08:39 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:26:44 PM »
Muro's right.  If I go to the trouble of coming up with a sub (and I probably won't stop at one), it will be posted either way. 

Although I do wonder if it might just be best to come up with a carnival codex, so people can develop their own carnivals/freakshows/etc.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 09:30:03 PM »
he's doing that too!  :P

Go, Wanderer, Go! No really, let me say this. It is a good idea!
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline the Wanderer

• Adept
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Openings available in The Carnival of Forgotten Souls!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 04:22:30 PM »
Dearest Patrons and Friends,
       Regrettably we must once again turn to you for assistance. Our show has been under seige as of late, and we have lost several of our dearest friends in the battles.
       Syrel the Mermaid, Anati the Crocodile Woman and Pryst the Daemon-spawned were caught unawares and dispatched by the most vile of enemies...bandits!
        We are in even more dire straits than before and have limited options. Any assistance we would greatfuly accept to help in our current trials and tribulations.

I, along with the remaining members of the Carnival, can be contacted at the [Menagerie of Madness] is you feel so inclined as to offer a well meaning hand.

Mascebus Elmirion Hendamere
                                                                                                      Ringmaster 

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
~Henry L Mencken