llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Deadspace: Welcome to Delta Ghede  (Read 11583 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Deadspace: Welcome to Delta Ghede
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2003, 09:34:42 PM »
"Tell me about it."  She winced.  "Y'know, I think I'm gonna wait outside.  The noise makes me uncomfortable."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2003, 10:08:20 PM »
"If you like." said Taliesin, shrugging. He continued on into a small chamber at the back of the building. "Beybars? Beybars, old pal, are you there?" he said looking around. A fine schkenwood desk sat in back, with the cross-and-crescent symbol of Christoislam inlaid in gold. "I have the...uh....the package........Beybars?"
Silence.
"Hmm...They service must have ended." Taliesin said to himself.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2003, 10:39:41 PM »
Morighana was hanging around outside the mosque when a sudden silence pervaded the area.  At first Morighana was pleased, but quickly became uneasy.  Something didn't seem right.  So she started quite severely when she was almost run over by someone moving fast enough to impress her.  She hadn't seen the person long enough to actually see him.  Assuming it was a him.  Wonder what that was all about.  It didn't matter.  Hopefully, Taliesin would be done shortly, and she could go back to the spaceport.  Maybe the repairs would be done, and she could get her tail off of this nasty rock.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2003, 10:56:27 PM »
A deep voice drifted from a cloister chamber behind the desk.
"Do you indeed? Everything is in order, I assume."
Taliesin looked into the veiled entrance of the cloister.
"...Eh...Yes. Yes, everything is in order."
From the veiled chamber stepped a Doghead, dressed in a white robe and crimson cape. His fur was a coppery color that darkened to black at the ends.
He smiled, revealing jaws full of sharp, pearly teeth.
"This is good news! Praise Allah! Please, please, give it to me."
Taliesin slid the package across the desk into Beybars's waiting paws.
As the Doghead began to unravel the packaging Taliesin drew a hidden mas-knife from his pantleg and slammed it down between the fingers of Beybars's left hand on the desk.
"Ah-ah-ah, careful, Beybars. I'm not like one of your crazy fanatics out there in the Mosque. I won't hesitate in killing you. That being said, Doghead, where's my money?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2003, 02:00:19 PM »
Morighana walked around outside, waiting for Taliesin.  She was getting bored, but she didn't really fancy walking back to the port by herself.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2003, 04:30:52 PM »
"So? Are you gonna pay? Or am I going to gut you?" Taliesin said, nearly whispering, his beak nearly touching the Doghead's muzzle.
Beybars's trembling hand reached beneath the desk for a small hidden drawer.
"Don't make any sudden movements, Beybars. You know how quick my knife hand is."
Beybars pulled open the drawer and removed a small grey envelope.
"Here, take it, Tal. You know I would not go against you, who is so exalted among the Dragons!" he said.
As Taliesin walked out the door, he turned and said "I don't work with them anymore."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2003, 04:42:45 PM »
Morighana looked up as Taliesin came out.  "So.  Did you get the thingy delivered?"  Without waiting for an answer, she started walking back the way they had come.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2003, 05:43:07 PM »
"Eh....Yes, I did. And I got paid for it." he said, following her. "Hey, since I've...ah...got a little cash to spare, are you hungry?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »
Morighana shrugged.  "Sure.  Since it's your money, you decide on the food."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2003, 08:21:33 PM »
"Hmm...Well, I'd really hope they have something from off-world. Ghedean cuisine tastes like mud mixed with bitter wine, all of it." said Taliesin, stepping out into the street.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2003, 07:23:23 PM »
Morighana grimaced.  "Ick.  Okay, then.  Let's go find something edible."  They wandered down the street for a little while.  "Ooo... they have a Pershalan restaurant.  It's probably not as good as the real stuff, but it's gotta be better than the indigenous swill."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2003, 08:44:34 PM »
They stepped into the Pershalan restaurant, smelling sweet and peppery spices of Pershalan cuisine. A variety of folk sat around low, Pershalan-style tables, sampling cuisine that looked surprisingly authentic.
"Hmmm....Perhaps a Pershala runs it, yeah?" said Taliesin, stepping up to the counter where a bored-looking female Doghead sat reading the days latest issue of the Delta Ghedean Herald. She set down the news-holo on the table and scratched her snout irritably.
"Welcome to Mouk-mouk Vharikanal's Pershalan Cuisine. Please seat yourselves." she droned.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2003, 10:03:32 PM »
Morighana looked around and picked out a table.  Sitting down, she said, "Maybe a Pershalan ran it once, but not likely now.  I can't see a Pershalan sitting still for any considerable length of time."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2003, 09:39:25 PM »
The waitress, a Chaukat, padded up to the table, handing them menues and pouring water spiced with spakt-sugar. Thrusting her breasts out to make them extra-visible, she said "So, handsome," and then, turning to Morighana,"and beautiful, what can I get you two to drink?"
Taliesin blinked, shook his head and then said "Eh.....Eh.....I'll...Um....Water's fine for me."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2003, 10:39:09 PM »
Morighana looked up at the waitress.  "Um... yeah.  You got any Cacalian wine?"  She was crazy about the stuff.  And a nifty little bonus was that it seemed to enhance her reflexes, which was always good.  If she got hyped up on enough of the stuff, there wasn't an organism in the galaxy that could keep up with her.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2003, 07:33:08 AM »
The Chaukat nodded and padded away to the kitchen, sometime later bringing a small pitcher of red-orange liquid. "Here you go. Now, what can I get you to eat?" she said, pulling out a small note-holo.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2003, 10:26:37 PM »
OOC: Just reminding you all that the thread is still open....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2003, 10:41:52 PM »
((OOC: Sorry.  I've been rather busy.))

Morighana looked at the menu.  She had trouble deciding.  Finally she said, "Just bring me whatever's the cheapest."  She was hungry, and it probably all tasted more or less the same anyway.  She looked out the window and suddenly frowned.  That idiot wouldn't follow me all the way out to this forsaken chunk of matter, would he?  Surely he wouldn't.  She had simply been mistaken.  From a distance, many Pershalans looked alike.  She had been mistaked for a distant cousin no less than seven times herself.  So she just dismissed her tentative recognization and turned her attention back to the table.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2003, 10:50:41 PM »
(OOC: Okay)

Taliesin's sensitive avian eyes didn't miss the glance out the window. "Mmm.....I'll have....The Shibiki Mouk-Mouk with a side of shylkat sprouts. Thank you." he said to the Chaukat, who noted it all down on her holo and padded away.
"See someone you knew?" asked Taliesin, tapping his yellow-skinned fingers on the table in a simple rythm. Tap-tap. Tap. Tap-tap. Tap-tap-tap. Tap-tap. Tap. Tap-tap. Tap-tap-tap.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2003, 10:57:10 PM »
Morighana shrugged.  "Maybe.  I'm not sure.  I hope not.  Janak and I... don't get along very well."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2003, 11:00:13 PM »
Taliesin twitched in his seat.
"Eh......What was that name?"
The rythm hastened. Tap-tap. Tap. Tap-tap. Tap-tap-tap

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2003, 11:30:50 PM »
"Janak.  Big ugly mean son of a Doghead."  She sighed.  "I don't know how you people settle things, but Pershalans do it with drive systems and timers.  Just about everything is settled by a race.  Janak had a habit of cheating, and I caught him at it.  In Pershalan society, dishonesty is tolerated in just about everything except racing.  It's unforgivable.  So Janak is, uh... shall we say, highly displeased with me.  And I've never liked him."  She took a large gulp of her wine.  "d**n, that's good stuff.  Anyway.  All things considered, I'd rather like to not meet the fellow again."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2003, 04:33:52 PM »
"Janak. Hmmm...." Taliesin said, sipping the sweetened water. Couldn't be the same one. I'm sure there are millions of Pershala named Janak in this galaxy.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2003, 10:37:22 PM »
Morighana shrugged.  "Oh well.  It doesn't matter either way.  Hopefully by the time I get out of here, my drive system will be fixed, and I can get off this dustball and back into space where I belong."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2003, 10:56:47 PM »
The dishes arrived, soon followed by small dishes of spakt-sugar cream. Though it was delicious, it was not quite the same as real Pershalan cuisine. Taliesin finished up his sugar cream and leaned back. "Mmm-mmmm. Tasty. Still, I've had better. We'd..."
Suddenly, a CRASH!! sounded from the kitchen.
"What was that?!" he said, sitting up quickly, hand flashing to the secret pocket where he kept his dagger.