llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC game natter  (Read 14558 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: OOC game natter
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
Character Control:

1. EchoMirage simply vanished from the face of the web. He doesn't visit this site, he doesn't use his deviantart account and no other traces of him can be found either. My guess is that it is his exams that occupy his time, but nevertheless he vanished without a word. I think that is rather annoyin.

2. Dozus keeps posting in AuR, but ignores this game. That is extremely annoying. Common courtesy dictates that one announces ones withdrawal from a game. Not just ignore it.

The resolution will depend on what you guys do. If you flee town: Fair enough. It solves itself between episodes. If you press on these characters will be GM controlled NPCs. They will be bothersome and annoying for me as I have to post a lot extra each time.

I put a lot of love and effort into this game. If it isn't your thing that is quite alright, but the only decent thing is to let the rest of us know. We are kind of stuck here waiting for you!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »
AG,

I sincerely apologize for my lack of posting.  I really have enjoyed the game, but I admittedly have a hard time following it sometimes.  It's probably more my fault reading than your writing.  I was hoping I could keep up, but with student teaching this semester and getting things prepared for my wedding, I guess I will only be able to be part of one game.  With all due respect and regret, I withdraw from the game.  I do hope it will continue to be a success without me.  Thank you for all your hard work.

-Dozus

Alright Dozus! Now we know! ;)

Good luck with the studies! And wedding! And teaching!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »
And good people:

If I confound you with my writing, PLEASE do ask me here! I am afraid that my plots might seem more convoluted to you than to me, and if no one raise the appropriate questions, you will never be any wiser!

Ask at will, if you have the will!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »
Actually, your last post, is my favorite to date!! But its hard for me to explain why this one in particular is great. From one GM to another, good stuff!

Info, options, visually exciting, yet subtle, no hands forced, soooo many ways to go. Kudos Game Master!

To be honest I was a bit "confounded" in the beginning. Now I'm all set!

Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »
Yes. It is my GMing style. I start with multiple threads, then I let the players tie them together during their adventures. I have now, after the Coldforged disaster and now this, made a mental note that unfamiliar players feel ill at ease with it. Dang! ;)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Shadoweagle

• Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »
So, I'm guessing the Gkraun have come out of the vents to the roof, and there's some people up there, too! At least a male and a female, and a machine gun. That's just my stab in the dark though. Here's the risk I see: We drive/ride out of there, and then we start getting fired upon. I figure we could risk it, or find a way up and dampen the situation. I think risking it will be good enough, but hey, this is the guy who leapt at a stone giant with an iron spike.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2007, 10:27:07 AM »
So! Lets get some perspective here!

We are not mercenaries. We are not warriors. We are traders!

Now, from a traders point of view, let's understand our situation: We have lost the ancient device of Radiatos. This is potentially a significant loss. We have also probably lost our gear in the storage facility: The spacecraft has crushed a third of it. Even if the gear in there WAS still salvagable, it would mean getting close to the spaceship(Where gunfire and such was seen!) - This would be a high-risk move, though it would be possible.

Now, what we have gained? A motorcycle with a sidecar, boasting a mounted machine-gun with plenty of bullets(Bullets are cash as well as ammunition, remember!)
A truck with plenty of storage room in the back - very useful for a trader in this world! Definitely a step up from our humble Oxen (If they still live, they can be sold)
Pieces of Aluminium spare parts, which could be used for trading smaller items, I imagine. We may be able to use these to purchase some of our "Between Chapter" gear, if there is anything anyone wants.
A rifle which was in the truck.
The gear salvaged from Kiph's encounter with the unconscious woman  :shock:

A thought: The truck and motorcycle need fuel. We had fuel in the storage facility. It's a high risk, but it's probably possible to sneak through there and grab a few canisters of fuel. Otherwise we could trade for enough fuel to get us to the next town.

I think it would be best from a traders point of view to leave this town for dead. Even though we may be 'tough enough' to handle all the chaos here, the confusion would mean less trading opportunities!

And with all the chaos going on in bleak wood at the moment, the Warden and the militia would not have the resources to chase up a stolen bike and truck. I'd say we're pretty well in the clear with that.

Anything I missed? Anything people would like to add? Should we go for more fuel at the facility, or just buy more? Should we do anything more in Bleak wood, or just leave it for dead?

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2007, 08:05:31 AM »
As to salvagable gear: Your vault was deep underground. Deeper still than the tunnels you travelled through. It is likely the gear still exist. However: The G'Kraun escaped from the deepest vault, which logically suggests there will be cracks and collapsed sections since they got out. There is no way you could really know, but there is definitely a chance your gear is still down there. Lotsa fuel and stuff as SE said ;)

Going for the fuel, if you do so, will be a part of episode I: Nightfall.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2007, 08:40:18 PM »
Well, we should definitely make an exploratory foray into our equipment vault at some point, but maybe not at the present time (Have you seen whats going on, SE??!!  :P).

We have acquired some kick-ass stuff. Dart gun, assault rifle(!!), ammo, a motorcycle and a truck!!

We should be okay for the time being, though if necessary, Kiph would volunteer to go into 'mission impossible: Recovery Mode' if given the job.

I also want to know why that Tiphala had a sketch of Kiph with her. I have a feeling I know why, but would like to explore that mystery at some point. Dang Spacers! This has to do with them.

Losing the Radiatos was lame. It was obviously a cool and pertinent Dingus. We may have to go back for THAT as well. :P

Let us take measure of Nomad Town first. Its empty, aye, but being empty makes it a lot more interesting to explore. I assume we can buy/acquire some additional equipment if need be.

Also, since Ceres is on the fritz, Kiph nominates Ralkhara group leader.

Furthermore, Kiph would like to visit the Fatebringer's Tent at some point.

Having said all that, I have always wanted to see the apocalyptic wilderness outside Bleakwood, and maybe see where we can do some trade (another town?)

I am just really psyched we have a truck and bike. We are now capable of long-distance travel, and are somewhat "barricaded". Once we get our hands on more fuel, we should have a kick-ass, mobile, Base of Operations.

Finally...over Dates and Tea, with Abak Loett's second concubine, Kiph asks Ralkhara if he has ever heard of the Last Gambit.

Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »
Minor note: Ceres reverently takes Bakur's corpse out of the driver's seat, yet Kiph earlier shoved him out of the way. The reasons for this apparent breach of logic is this: Kiph is small and did not competely have to shove Bakur out of the seat. He just made enough space to drive.

Everyone is soaking wet, though it is likely the second concubine has offered drying your clothes. Kiph is also splattered in blood, vomit and mud. Ceres is limping, she is just like Ralkhara now. ;)

What you discuss here in the OOC is but a short form of what you discuss in Abak Loett's tent. If it pleases you, the second concubine will serve you with whatever pleasures you require, be it in the form of massage, spirit weed, alcohol, food or the more intimate pleasures of the flesh. She will not sleep with Ceres.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 04:52:08 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »
Uhmmmm... Guys?

You still around? The end is but a "we do not reenter BW" away. Do not halt the game one or two posts from the finish! Of course, should you so desire, it is possible for you to reenter town.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Shadoweagle

• Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 06:07:09 PM »
Ralkhara has made an executive decision! :p He would like to find fuel in Nomad Town, rather than go back into Bleak Wood.

note: I will be largely away from a computer from the 5th to about the 12th of Feb, and I envision that I will also be partly away from the computer from the 12th to the 19th.
Thus, my forum posting will be quite limited, and I give permission during these times, if I haven't posted for a while, for the GM to take temporary control of my character.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 07:45:46 PM »
Okay, you have an opening. If Kiph concurs I will post the epilogue and seal this part of the game. Then I will hand out increases in experience.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »
I can go on, but I'm having a really tough week.
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2007, 02:14:14 AM »
Do what is logical for Kiph. If it is logical to reenter town, you do so. If you want to do as Ralkhara and flee, that is quite alright too. Play your characters, my players. Play your characters to their fullest extent.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2007, 06:17:10 AM »
Oh and as for the "welcoming committee" she and Kiph both keeps their clothing ON during the "sensual" massage. Ralkhara is not forced to watch American-Indian style mating ;)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2007, 02:07:48 AM »
1 day until I assume command of Kiph and, if so, close the episode.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »
I'll go with SE, so "leave town" I guess  :)

But then again I would love to RP a bit in Abak Loett's tent...sigh..I've just been too busy and "unfantasyfocused" (hehe, new word I created)

sorry, but there are good reasons for my recent absence.

RL.  :wink:

+ I talked to EchoMirage today. His computer will most likely be back online tomorrow.

So this I rule:
I grant you all a one day rest. Then we play some in Abak Loett's tent, perhaps revealing essential information and stuff, before we call it a day!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Shadoweagle

• Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2007, 05:11:14 AM »
Grr! My internet exploded for several days! I'm semi-back now, though, so i'll read and post in the next day or so!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »
Good to have you back Echo!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!