llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I didnt know where to put this  (Read 856 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
I didnt know where to put this
« on: December 07, 2006, 08:39:27 PM »
My friend (and long time PC) Mike just called and asked me a weird question. He wanted to know how I would handle "it" in our upcoming session this weekend (yay!). I had to pause, and think about it.

So I pose the same question to you all. I am hoping someone has a better answer than I did  :P

It boils down to this:

Mike: "What would happen if a Vampire "met" or clashed against, a Blood Elemental? Would the bloodsucker "drink" the animate blood monster? Would something "different" happen to the vampire if it completely "ingested" an animate, sanguine para-elemental? Could it do that? What would the Blood Elemental do? Would it be "happy" to be eaten by the Vampire? Would they "get along"? Who would kick who's ass if they went "at it"? Basically, what would happen if a Blood Elemental encountered a Vampire?"

Me: "Ummmmmmmmmm, why do you ask?"
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: I didnt know where to put this
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:40:38 AM »
Well, that is certainly a peculiar question Muro.

From the vampire perspective, the blood elemental is a very desirable thing, it is a walking resevoir of blood, or vitae (to use VtM terminology) that could conceivably regenerate itself by various means. Any capable vampire would want such a beast under its thrall.

From the elemental perspective, the Vampire would be it's anathema as being a blood elemental it doesnt even have a basic element of humanity to foil against the vampire's unnatural hunger. The elemental would run the risk of being devoured, being made of blood, and since the vampire itself is a thief of blood it is concievable that the blood elemental would not be able to use its powers, whatever they might be, against said vampire

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:46:53 AM »
Blood Elementals... Creations arising in the wake of Ravenloft, if memory serves me right.

Has anyone ever told your friend Mike that he thinks too much? Hehe... ;)

Well, let us look at it this way: Humans drink water just as vampires drink blood. Could a human possibly drink a water elemental? I guess the answer is no, the human cannot and thus I doubt the vampire could too.

However: Vampires need not breathe and the blood elementals likes to suffocate its foes.

My guess: The vampire gets a nice snack, the elemental loses a little blood and they both leave with their lives intact. (Though a smart vampire would catch the tasty little bugger. It is the proverbial slithering buffet!)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »
Thank you gents! I very much appreciate your thoughts!

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »
Blood elementals... what a silly idea.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist