llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The crystal light  (Read 16706 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
Re: The crystal light
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2007, 04:57:19 AM »
Celak grabbed a small tube from his waist, and smeared a dark cream all all his showing skin. He flipped his hood back up, changed his step yet again, and melded with the shadows once more. His amazing nightvision matched even that of many elves, and he scanned the area. He came upon a spot and he realized the turf was recently disturbed. He felt the spot, and felt what was left of the heat leaving the spot. Well then, something other than a rat was here, Celak thought to himself. He returned to viewing the party, and slipped up behind Melody yet again. "Whatever is was, I can't find it. However, it was no rat, of that I'm sure," Celak whispered. He made a small click with his heel, and went back into the shadows.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »
Melody grimaced this was turning out to be a problem. she looked around at the surronding scenery the way the trees shrouded everything in shadow. she lifted her sword onto her side a bit more she may need it sooner than she believed. 
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 12:26:46 AM »
Tellas slowly rotated in place.  Whatever it was, it had started moving again, although it was much quieter, like it was trying to be careful.  But it was enough to give him a direction, now that he was listening for it.  He put a hand to his lips to signal the others to be quiet, then started drifting towards the source of the noise.  There, maybe four feet ahead of him, to his right.  He paused as the sound stilled for a moment and he momentarily lost it.

Then he smelled it.  It was fairly faint, but once he noticed it it was unmistakable.  Without warning, he drove the end of his staff into the spot where it was hiding.  He was rewarded with a high pitched squeal as he connected with something solid.  Before he could hit it again, it jumped and got hold of the staff, then scrabbled up it, making straight for his throat.  Fortunately, he was able to grab it and tear it off, but not before it bit his hand, hard.  He flung it as hard as he could away from him, but didn't manage to throw it *into* anything, and he heard it scramble madly away from the group. 

He swore as he cradled his bleeding hand.  "I should have known it would be that little monstrosity.  We've got a warlock spying on us, and it won't be for any good purpose."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Celak watched the blind man work, and noticed where he was heading. He saw the muscles tense, then the quick stab. Celak saw the, well, whatever it was, he didn't know, but he decided to stop it now. He bolted after it as it ran, drawing a single dagger. He chased it for a bit, then realized it had outrun him. An animal of some sort then, he thought to himself. He returned quite winded to the party. "My apologies, mi'lady, I wasn't fast enough to catch whatever it was," Celak stated. He dropped to a knee to catch his breath. Not much could make this rouge lose his breath, but whatever it had been, it was fast.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 04:05:17 PM »
melody smiled and bent to one knee "if tellas is right and ths is a warlock, it will be back it will be trying to stop our quest. Do not threat there will be more chances. Now let me look at that hand." Melody got to her feet and walked over to tellas. Taking out a small circular phial and pouring a drop onto her finger "This will sting but it will make the wound heal quicker" she took tellas's hand gently into her soft fingers and placed the drop over the cut.

OOC: Sorry bout the spelling im having to use an on-screen keyboard at the moment cause my laptop keyboard isnt working.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 04:35:23 PM »
Celak regained his breathe as quickly as possible, then stood back up. He glanced once more in the direction of the creature that had outrun him so easy. He flipped his hood off and ran his dark stained hands through his stark white hair. "If the ex-assassin would take my place in the shadows, I need to think, and also regroup with my pride," Celak stated dimly. He was furious that it had outrun him. But he couldn't let his pride get in the way so soon. He would regroup within himself, and recover his pride in time. The beast would not get away twice, of that, Celak would make sure.

Offline mvcr4

• Liessi
  • Apprentice
  • Liessi, the shadow of darkness
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 04:11:56 PM »
the events unfolding before him, Liessi had drawn a sword and gazed into the dark, following the deep, red eyes. He re-grouped with the others and stood guard over the old man and the woman.
"Watch for the shadow of darkness, then, and only then will you see true evil" - Liessi