llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: How do you use the Citadel?  (Read 1264 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
How do you use the Citadel?
« on: October 06, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »
That's right: How do you prefer to use this website?

What is your usual behaviour here, which parts do you use most often, and which less? Do you have a standard mode of operation, or do you tend to surf randomly? Where do you spend most of the time, and where you are rarely to be found?

I see here a nice mix of newer and older members, so it would be interesting to know how you use the Citadel.

---

Me, I start right on the main page, logging on, occassionaly even throwing a look on it, in case there is some some important news. Then I jump to 'New Since Last Visit' and preview all that is new. Alas, there has been a great harvest and lack of time recently, and I have diffilcuty reading, much less commenting and voting on everything - but I try.

Then, I open the forums to see what is new - first the Citadel Guildmembers area, then the Idea Guild. The Extraneous Voices of Picayune recieve a lesser attention. Simultaneously, on the main site I keep lurking in 'Newest 20 Comments' to keep an eye on any changes that come up - that page is always opened. If there is enough time after any commenting and posting or even chatting, Advice Requested and Idea Seeds get a visit. The rest of the site is visited only as needed.

See, it wasn't that hard. What about you others?
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: How do you use the Citadel?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »
I start off by reviewing the last 20 comments to see if anyone commented upon any of mine (or any submission I care about).

Then I read and review all the last 20 submissions.

I might read the forum next, or I might not read it at all. 

From there, I play with any of my old submissions (updating spelling, adding pieces, etc) or work on a new one (my play space is big). I try to put down at least 5 lines worth of work or 10 lines of editing each day. While I am not pushing hard to do new submissions every day, I am still tinkering with stuff.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:19:10 AM »
open front page

New Since Last Visit
  • read for comments on my submissions
  • read comments on recent subs I have commented on
  • Peruse new submissions
  • Comment on new subs
Go to forums page
  • Check for new messages
  • View unread comments
  • Check on current RP

Work on self submissions
Check Flashchat for my peeps

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 01:51:43 PM »
I sign on, then read everything. Then start working on stuff.
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 07:43:30 PM »
Lately I go straight to the forums and check the RP sections.  Then I'll peruse the main page, usually looking at the Recent Submissions sections but also looking through the New Since Last Visit and commenting/voting on what strikes me.  Then, if I have a sub in mind, I'll write it up in a text document and copy-paste the whole thing into a sub when it's ready.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »
I used to try and read all of the new things every time i logged in, then i gave up. I usually have two windows open, one in the forums and one on the main page, then i have a .txt of things people have recommended i read but haven't gotten to yet or interesting things that i didn't have time to read earlier. within each mozilla window i have somewhere between 2-5 tabs open reading many things at once while talking on flash chat and posting on forums. of course it gets a tiny bit chaotic. that's always how it ends up

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »
BUMP!

Now I have a precise question: how often do you use 'Last 20 Updated'?
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »
Last 20 Updated: Nearly Every Day probably closer to every other day.  It is often fun to see what has been improved. I do that sometime later in my visit.

20 most recent comments. I check it every day to see if any of my submissions OR submissions that interest me have been commented upon. It is the first thing I check.

20 most recent submissions. Every day, just to make sure I have not missed anything.

MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©