llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The way of the Warrior  (Read 5966 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« on: April 14, 2003, 12:24:12 PM »
As dusk sets upon a quite, peaceful village, a stranger appears. Walking down the oldest, dustiest path in the village, he seems oblivious to all around him. The children playing and screaming, and the adults hustling about with various last minute chores before dark. The stranger was tall, yet walked with the air of a dejected man, and carried no weapon but a small dirk attached to his belt.
   He finally stops, and steps into a nearby tavern, completely ignoring the music drifting into his pointed ears. Yes, he was an elven one, yet not so fair as is the distinguishing trait of his people. He was a ragged traveler, seeming extremely down on his luck. He sits at the bar, tosses several small, gold coins on the counter, and orders his drink.
 "As many pints as that'll get me," he spoke with a soft, yet commanding tone, and the bartender complied instantly. After grabbing the firt mug and taking a few slow sips, the elf sits down, seeming at ease, yet his eyes were watching, roaming around the room, and taking in every picture, every detail the small tavern contained.
   Just as he finished his first beer, another stranger walked in, this one no elf. "Help!" he gasped, and flung himself into he tavern. "Dragon," and with a final shudder he lay dead upon the cold, stone floor.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 12:52:15 PM »
At hearing this he was not the only one to look up and take notice. The entire bar when into shambles; there in the corner stood a girl that looked  about 18. She stood clutching an old and tatterd book against her breast.  A  handsome yet odd young man around the same age as she, though both were probably a great deal older they being elves, held his  sword in a defencive position. They knew it was they  that lured the  incredible beast to the small town and it was they who  it wanted.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 02:57:13 PM »
Noting this queer behavior by two fellow elves, as the dragon was no where near and they still had drawn steel, the stranger walked over and introduced himself.

"Hello, he said. My name is Ferahgo, though those who know me call me Sniperspy. Why do you draw your sword while the dragon has yet to aproach? This is not the ways of the typical elven wrrior."

As an afterthought he adds, "Oh yes, and who do I have the pleasure of addressing? As I intend to help with the battle against this foe."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 11:57:56 PM »
OOC: hope ya don't mind the intrusion I just hate to see a thread seldom visited!! :lol:

"Though I regret to speak these words it is us for whom this creature searches, I am Gareth this is my friend Adel.  We are on a quest to..." Just as Gareth was to finish his introduction the top ot the bar was caught by the fierce dragon.  The man's previous question had been answered; the Elf had drawn his sword because it here that the battle was to take place...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 11:17:39 AM »
ooc: Thats ok, I really dont mind intrusions as long as the plot is kept.

"It seems there is no time for your story, and now we must concentrate on the foe. I say, do you have any abilities that may come in handy. My longbow is no use against a dragons armor."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 11:42:12 AM »
"I am a weapons master and And can fight with any weapon made for a man.For this case I do believe my broad  sword will be my best chioce."

" And I Adel,  I will offer any help I can however my experience of magic is little.  It is for told that my power is great in a an acient prophesy.  That their is  one who will posses the power of all the elements. this person is believed to be me.  I however was informed of this only days ago by my protector Gareth...."

As Adel finished her short sentnce the beast could be heard.It produced a sound that would make deaf men mad.  It calls for it's book  the book that  Adel's predessors had hidden for her.  she was to return long after there departure and reclaim it  as her own.... the dragon had since found it and realizing it's value taken it as his own.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 11:32:44 PM »
OOC: Sniperspy Where did you go?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 11:33:27 PM »
I have decided this isnt working, and will use this thread for my own tests and randomness!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2003, 01:41:04 AM »
Kay.....
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 04:33:03 PM »
ya, i just dont have what it takes to roleplay this structured. I prefer randomness or creating a whole world myself, ot with others.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2003, 09:18:03 PM »
Well, join one of the other threads in progress.  We more or less make that up as we go along.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 09:46:42 PM »
ya, thats kinda what I dont like. It works sometimes, but you have to form to everyone elses style.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 10:46:29 PM »
but thats what fun it is a challenge for a writer to get with other writers and see if they together can write a story that they as well as any other passers by won't get bored with.  that is what I like I really think it is making me a better writter because it makes me express my ideas clearly because if I don't the ithers playing with me will let me know it is almost like excercise!  But everyone is diffrent and if it isn't your thing thats cool! :wink:  I just saw this thread with no posts and as I said before can't stand to see something not responded to!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2003, 11:10:43 AM »
well when you saw it, it had been created about 10 min ago, so that could explain the posting lack. Also, I can write with others, but it has to be thought out, organized beforehand. Spur of the moment only works for me by myself.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2003, 11:41:57 AM »
There's no rule that says you have to add to a thread immediatily after reading it.  You can think about what you're gonna do.  I do that all the time.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2003, 09:15:46 PM »
I know, it is just that everyone has their own style, and I am not very good at adapting to others.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2003, 10:49:09 PM »
:oops:  well truthfully I am not so great at roleplaying either but for me it helps to set a pattern of creative thought.  if it doesn't work for you then you don't have to do it  just do whatever works for you.  Thats really all that matters right! :wink:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2003, 10:57:21 PM »
yep I guess it is

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2003, 11:11:16 PM »
So if this doesn't then what does work for you?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2003, 12:30:54 AM »
fictional and sci-fi novels.
I'm writing one of each now.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2003, 11:03:30 PM »
Tell me, how much reasearch do you put into one of your novels?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2003, 07:51:37 PM »
well, the fantasy is more spur of the moment, but it is based on my Sniperspy character here, so I already have a lot of my info.
The sci-fi one I put a little research into, but I shape more into MY vision of the future, which I made up myself.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2003, 12:19:40 PM »
:shock: really I think I wold have to put a more research into a fantasy novel than a sci- fi ofcorse I have never atempted a sci-fi remeber but I put alot of research in to a fantasy novel!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2003, 06:16:23 PM »
well, the fantasy novel really is spur of the moment. It is my own world that I created while I was bored one day. (Thats how I can across this forum)
For my sci-fi, I want to keep it at least semi-realistic. Therefor, I must do some research to ensure I am within these bounds.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The way of the Warrior
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2003, 07:27:50 PM »
Well in my novel I have made my own world as well however I find that in most of the novels that I have come ot apreciate the items or creatures or spells ect. do have some kind of I am going to use the word background for lack of a better one.  meaning if I were to use in my novel th e term stray sod and some one were to look it up to gain a clearer understanding of it; it would have that background.  I also find it fun to learn about that kinda stuff so I guess it is also for my own pleasure!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©